Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton 15:52 - Nov 3 with 4924 viewsPoirot

6% increase in the last ten years via the census.

So we need to add on plenty more that didnt do it.

Dont mention poor old leicester on 41% !

and poor old london has areas over 50%
[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 15:56]
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 16:09 - Nov 3 with 3822 viewsdwayne_dibley

even worse in 1066. Place was overrun with Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Normans and Just Stop Wood activists

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 16:21 - Nov 3 with 3804 viewsBridders2

It's totally out of control, none of the infrastructure can cope. NHS, SCHOOLS, HOUSING, ROADS, SOCIAL CARE etc, etc......
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 16:58 - Nov 3 with 3772 viewsinthebox

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 16:21 - Nov 3 by Bridders2

It's totally out of control, none of the infrastructure can cope. NHS, SCHOOLS, HOUSING, ROADS, SOCIAL CARE etc, etc......

They all pay tax of some kind be it income or VAT, it's the government that deprives the infrastructure of finance
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:05 - Nov 3 with 3757 viewskingslandstand1

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 16:58 - Nov 3 by inthebox

They all pay tax of some kind be it income or VAT, it's the government that deprives the infrastructure of finance

Can't some of them claim income tax back depending on citizenship as I think we can in certain foreign countries?
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:07 - Nov 3 with 3750 viewsChesham_Saint

Why wouldn't they pay both VAT and Income Tax, or am I missing something?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:11 - Nov 3 with 3744 viewskingslandstand1

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:05 - Nov 3 by kingslandstand1

Can't some of them claim income tax back depending on citizenship as I think we can in certain foreign countries?

Sorry, I meant VAT
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:13 - Nov 3 with 3741 viewsSFC_Referee

I wonder what many make of Brexit now then, as I thought that was one of the main motivations behind many voting for it…

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:51 - Nov 3 with 3701 viewshuelinsaint

Foreigners
Login to get fewer ads

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 18:46 - Nov 3 with 3654 viewsBazza

What do you think the government do with the taxes it collects? It spends it on the mega NHS, large civil service, defence, benefits and pensions, education, overseas aid(!) etc plus infrastructure such as HS2.
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 19:12 - Nov 3 with 3631 viewsfranniesTache

Is it that surprising, growing up all but two of my mates had at least one parent who wasn't english - myself included. Southampton's a dock city, so always had loads of immigration, Irish, Polish, Spanish (well Basque), Portuguese, Albanian, Indian, Pakistani and the Carribean.

It was the city the windrush landed in, and the gateway to the world.

I'd be surprised personally if the number was lower as it's just what southampton is.
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 08:48 - Nov 4 with 3353 viewsSaintNick

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 19:12 - Nov 3 by franniesTache

Is it that surprising, growing up all but two of my mates had at least one parent who wasn't english - myself included. Southampton's a dock city, so always had loads of immigration, Irish, Polish, Spanish (well Basque), Portuguese, Albanian, Indian, Pakistani and the Carribean.

It was the city the windrush landed in, and the gateway to the world.

I'd be surprised personally if the number was lower as it's just what southampton is.

I have always been proud of the way that those from other counties and cultures have both immersed themselves and been accepted into the community, something that hasn't happened in a lot of other cities including Liverpool where for many years where isolated in and around Toxteth and were not in the main part of the greater community, in the 1970's you rarely saw a black face at either Anfield or Goodison nor in the teams till long after the others.

In Southampton we didn't have the Moss Sides or Handsworth's or Toxteth's

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 08:49 - Nov 4 with 3352 viewsBerber

Unless you can claim to be of 100% Celtic bloodline (in which case fork off back to Wales) WTF is anyone complaining about immigration for?
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 08:53 - Nov 4 with 3350 viewsSaintNick

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 08:49 - Nov 4 by Berber

Unless you can claim to be of 100% Celtic bloodline (in which case fork off back to Wales) WTF is anyone complaining about immigration for?

I can trace my bloodline back to Wales, I can also trace it back to the Vikings due to a condition called Dupuytren's contracture.

Google it

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 09:03 - Nov 4 with 3349 viewsdirk_doone

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 17:13 - Nov 3 by SFC_Referee

I wonder what many make of Brexit now then, as I thought that was one of the main motivations behind many voting for it…

Liz Truss was the only honest one about this when she said she wanted to increase immigration. The Tories and their financial backers have always been about cheap labour, and replacing more expensive EU workers with cheap labour from Africa and Asia was always part of the hidden agenda behind Brexit. To be fair, following the exodus of the EU staff, our residential care homes and even the NHS would no longer be able to operate without the recent influx of workers from Africa and Asia.

I think there was a dream among the likes of Rees-Mogg and the ECG group behind Brexit that by leaving the EU we could recreate the economy of the old British Empire, importing cheap raw materials and labour from Commonwealth countries and exporting our manufactured goods to them. Of course, the reality is the world has moved on and this was never going to happen apart perhaps from the cheap labour part.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 9:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 10:58 - Nov 4 with 3271 viewsBazza

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 09:03 - Nov 4 by dirk_doone

Liz Truss was the only honest one about this when she said she wanted to increase immigration. The Tories and their financial backers have always been about cheap labour, and replacing more expensive EU workers with cheap labour from Africa and Asia was always part of the hidden agenda behind Brexit. To be fair, following the exodus of the EU staff, our residential care homes and even the NHS would no longer be able to operate without the recent influx of workers from Africa and Asia.

I think there was a dream among the likes of Rees-Mogg and the ECG group behind Brexit that by leaving the EU we could recreate the economy of the old British Empire, importing cheap raw materials and labour from Commonwealth countries and exporting our manufactured goods to them. Of course, the reality is the world has moved on and this was never going to happen apart perhaps from the cheap labour part.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 9:26]

Such much nonsense there. Brexit was about controlling immigration so that the nhs, schools and other services were not overrun by a flood of illegals such as is happening now under a weak governance.
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 11:00 - Nov 4 with 3270 viewsdirk_doone

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 10:58 - Nov 4 by Bazza

Such much nonsense there. Brexit was about controlling immigration so that the nhs, schools and other services were not overrun by a flood of illegals such as is happening now under a weak governance.

That's what you thought. You probably believed Boris's numbers on the side of a bus too.

Look at reality now and you can see what you really voted for. Ordinary British people were always going to be much worse off after Brexit. As for the NHS,,,,

At least the water companies are now allowed to pour raw sewage into our rivers and seas, which should poison anyone attempting to swim across.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 11:15]

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 12:35 - Nov 4 with 3191 viewskentsouthampton

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 11:00 - Nov 4 by dirk_doone

That's what you thought. You probably believed Boris's numbers on the side of a bus too.

Look at reality now and you can see what you really voted for. Ordinary British people were always going to be much worse off after Brexit. As for the NHS,,,,

At least the water companies are now allowed to pour raw sewage into our rivers and seas, which should poison anyone attempting to swim across.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 11:15]

I thought pouring shìt on our beaches was a Brexit bonus now that the nasty EU can't tell us to keep our beaches clean.
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 12:37 - Nov 4 with 3185 viewskentsouthampton

"Brexit was about controlling immigration"

And how's that going?
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 12:54 - Nov 4 with 3169 viewsDorsetIan

The liars who promoted Brexit, said it was about 'controlling' immigration but really they wanted to reduce it.

Fundamentally that was driven by xenophobia, because reducing immigration at a time when there are labour shortages is both economic madness, because the economy can't fire on all cylinders, and socially destructive, because there are no longer enough people to do what needs to be done.

But the tide is turning, and there's nothing like an economic slap in the face to wake people up to the realities of the world. Maybe in about 5 years time or so, it might even be possible to talk about re-joining the single market. In the meantime, there's no point remoaning, the brexiteers won - get over it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:09 - Nov 4 with 3156 viewssolent_toffee

Would illegals have recourse to public funds including housing, education and healthcare. The answer is no they don’t.

Illegal immigrants work on the black market, stay in HMO’s and don’t use hospitals/dentists etc.
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:11 - Nov 4 with 3155 viewsdirk_doone

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 12:54 - Nov 4 by DorsetIan

The liars who promoted Brexit, said it was about 'controlling' immigration but really they wanted to reduce it.

Fundamentally that was driven by xenophobia, because reducing immigration at a time when there are labour shortages is both economic madness, because the economy can't fire on all cylinders, and socially destructive, because there are no longer enough people to do what needs to be done.

But the tide is turning, and there's nothing like an economic slap in the face to wake people up to the realities of the world. Maybe in about 5 years time or so, it might even be possible to talk about re-joining the single market. In the meantime, there's no point remoaning, the brexiteers won - get over it.

There was never any plan to reduce it. The plan was to get a cheaper labour force but that has backfired:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/sep/25/liz-truss-plans-more-immigration

[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 13:14]

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:44 - Nov 4 with 3106 viewsfranniesTache

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 08:48 - Nov 4 by SaintNick

I have always been proud of the way that those from other counties and cultures have both immersed themselves and been accepted into the community, something that hasn't happened in a lot of other cities including Liverpool where for many years where isolated in and around Toxteth and were not in the main part of the greater community, in the 1970's you rarely saw a black face at either Anfield or Goodison nor in the teams till long after the others.

In Southampton we didn't have the Moss Sides or Handsworth's or Toxteth's

Yup always been something i've been proud of too, i can remember spending my childhood knocking round st mary's and getting the left over food from the Gudwara's after a wedding (they'd let you come in and get them), or going to the shebeens run by the west indian community when i was older.

There were always some issues, usually though they tended to be about estates or areas more than race or nationality, but generally speaking Southampton was a lot more accommodating than a lot of cities i've been too
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:57 - Nov 4 with 3092 viewsBazza

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:09 - Nov 4 by solent_toffee

Would illegals have recourse to public funds including housing, education and healthcare. The answer is no they don’t.

Illegal immigrants work on the black market, stay in HMO’s and don’t use hospitals/dentists etc.

Why do you think illegals don’t use hospitals? Ever been asked to show any ID in A&E? Or dentist or landlord?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 13:59]
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:58 - Nov 4 with 3088 viewsPoirot

I should of added that the stats are from early data released from the census in 2011. So we must include the fact that since then a sizeable amount have left due to costs et al.

No, i dont support mass uncontrolled immigration that weve seen since around 2007. What happened in the past i think is irrelevant and never been any real issue in our town.

But over the last 10 or so years its been a total disaster. There is simply no public services to match such an increase. Foreign related crime has increased hugely, which is something southampton certainly has seen.
Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 14:07 - Nov 4 with 3061 viewshuelinsaint

Near on 25% Foreginers In Southampton on 13:57 - Nov 4 by Bazza

Why do you think illegals don’t use hospitals? Ever been asked to show any ID in A&E? Or dentist or landlord?
[Post edited 4 Nov 2022 13:59]

You won,get over it
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024