Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 165083 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:58 - Nov 27 with 3034 viewsdmm

If a manager can just resign and a club can simply sack a manager, why have a release clause in a contract? Or am I being thick?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:01 - Nov 27 with 2999 viewshantssi

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:55 - Nov 27 by KensalT

Rangers reached the group stage of the Champions League this season.

They got their arse handed to them week-in and week-out. But they were paid £13.5m for the privilege.

They're not skint. Just tight.

No they didn’t, they crashed out with the worst record EVER.

Apologies, should have read your post thoroughly before replying!
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 14:10]
bronkhurst gone on 14:05 - Nov 27 with 2954 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 13:29 - Nov 27 by essextaxiboy

Even if your last sentence is correct that would be about results not lies deception and disengenuity .

If he goes he has deceived us , the players he has brought in , the clubs who have loaned some of them , Wolves owners and supporters and our own board .

If he stays , he needs to get us promoted ... nothing less will do now

I mean, that's grasping at straws, essex.
I absolutely agree about the deception etc, see my post above, but to make that sort of distinction is tenuous at best. Every club welcomes a new manager, gives them a three year deal, looking to future etc etc etc. That's the game - those words are soon forgotten if things aren't going well.
I do, however, certainly feel for the players and staff who bought into his plan - don't get me wrong, it's awful behaviour. But let's not pretend fans and clubs act particularly differently. There are fans on this website - on this thread - who spent the last three years wanting Warbs sacked despite him doing a fine job.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 14:07 - Nov 27 with 2926 viewsessextaxiboy

bronkhurst gone on 13:57 - Nov 27 by Antti_Heinola

You're misundestanding what I said, though. My point is: fans don't give a sh!t about integrity when a manager is sacked. There were fans who suggested Beale should go after 4 games this season!
And I didn't say fans don't have a right to be p!ssed off - I'm p!ssed off! But that doesn't mean fans don't have extreme double standards. No fan gives a sh!t about contracts if they deem a player 'not good enough' - they just want them gone. There is no difference here between that and Beale leaving. I'm angry about it, but clubs will do exactly the same when it suits them. Ray Harford hadn't been at West Brom a year when we nicked him, for example. Did we worry about Harford's 'integrity'?
I absolutely agree Beale has handled it all badly, or at best naively, but fans screaming about integrity is a bit of a joke - especially at the club, where our fans are not exactly the most patient or understanding.

I spent a bit of time on GR forums and loads of their fans are saying that he has behaved badly . Even more are saying that he is untried and its a step to far . he will be under pressure there from the get go .
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:10 - Nov 27 with 2875 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:58 - Nov 27 by dmm

If a manager can just resign and a club can simply sack a manager, why have a release clause in a contract? Or am I being thick?

Well it's all the same result but different pay offs. If we sack him, we owe him the other 2.5 years of his deal - or there might be a clause that says you only get a year, or they come to a settlement, but it's not cheap.

If he resigns, he forgoes any "loyalty payment" (stop laughing) which could cost him money. If he resigns to take the other job then the other club can still owe you money, otherwise everybody would just do it, and you go to a tribunal and it gets messy if you can't come to a compromise.

If they pay the release clause we get paid, he gets paid.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:11 - Nov 27 with 2874 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:58 - Nov 27 by dmm

They can resign, but likely there's a clause that they can't work somewhere else for a period of time. You can sack, but you have to pay compensation.
Release clase simplifies that.

Bare bones.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:13 - Nov 27 with 2845 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 13:56 - Nov 27 by Rangersw12

I don't understand their approach do they think we will sack him?

Can he realistically come back here and take charge again?
They know it, we know it.
We either bring him back and it's potentially toxic, or we put him on gardening leave, but either way you're paying a bloke good money who doesn't want to be here, while also paying whoever his replacement is.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:17 - Nov 27 with 2778 viewsdmm

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:10 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Well it's all the same result but different pay offs. If we sack him, we owe him the other 2.5 years of his deal - or there might be a clause that says you only get a year, or they come to a settlement, but it's not cheap.

If he resigns, he forgoes any "loyalty payment" (stop laughing) which could cost him money. If he resigns to take the other job then the other club can still owe you money, otherwise everybody would just do it, and you go to a tribunal and it gets messy if you can't come to a compromise.

If they pay the release clause we get paid, he gets paid.

Thanks Clive, and Antti. It's really helpful one or two on here actually know what they're on about!
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:18 - Nov 27 with 2773 viewsSonofpugwash

Beale's Twitter account has been deleted again.
After the Wolves debacle he came back but it's gone again.
Don't blame him - lots of nasty abuse on there.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:21 - Nov 27 with 2747 viewsOakR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:13 - Nov 27 by Northernr

We either bring him back and it's potentially toxic, or we put him on gardening leave, but either way you're paying a bloke good money who doesn't want to be here, while also paying whoever his replacement is.

I'd say you call his and their bluff. At the end of the day we are on the stronger position. If we stand our ground it will also be better for us long-term - people know they have to pay and we can stand up to it.

Worse case he stays and takes training. He eats some humble pie, and we see how it pans out. Or gardening leave, expensive as you say, but maybe we release him once Rangers have appointed someone else.

It's messy, but we should definitely not bend on inch.

Poll: Will we stay up?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:28 - Nov 27 with 2684 viewsRangersw12

I think they have to meet the release clause otherwise he stays however toxic that will be as we can't afford to miss out on 1.5 million

I mean I don't wnat him him nd will never warm to him again but you know what fans are like we welcomed back Barton after he took the piss out of us for months so if he pulls a result out against Burnley people will forgive him
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:29 - Nov 27 with 2676 viewsSonofpugwash

And he attended the Aberdeen v Rangers game as a guest of Rangers.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:33 - Nov 27 with 2645 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:21 - Nov 27 by OakR

I'd say you call his and their bluff. At the end of the day we are on the stronger position. If we stand our ground it will also be better for us long-term - people know they have to pay and we can stand up to it.

Worse case he stays and takes training. He eats some humble pie, and we see how it pans out. Or gardening leave, expensive as you say, but maybe we release him once Rangers have appointed someone else.

Also - we need the money!!!
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:37 - Nov 27 with 2627 viewsSonofpugwash

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:33 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Also - we need the money!!!

Nah,back pocket spending money for the owners.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:38 - Nov 27 with 2604 viewsNorthernr

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:37 - Nov 27 by Sonofpugwash

Nah,back pocket spending money for the owners.

Significant FFP issues next year without serious incoming.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:42 - Nov 27 with 2540 viewsDejR_vu

As usual our ‘still learning-on-the-job after nine years’ DoF, has f&cked this up aswell. You never, NEVER, say someone is free to leave if they don’t want to be here, even if that is the reality in private. You protect your assets, you hardball. You come out, when the speculation starts, and say “it’s a non-issue. Mick made his position clear after the Wolves approach. He’s our manager, he’s committed to QPR, he’s going nowhere”. It lays down a marker. But no, this is QPR, our DoF, basically says “yeah Mick can do what we wants” inviting clubs to take the p1ss, just as they do when negotiating transfers with us. Everyone in football knows they can take the p1ss out of QPR.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:42 - Nov 27 with 2545 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Garden leave is only an option if it's a contractual clause already in the contract. If not, then an employee could claim breach of contract.

If, as widely touted, there's a release clause in Beale's contract, then given the reported circumstances, QPR will want GR to trigger it and off he goes. I doubt future loyalty payments from QPR would be due from QPR as he hadn't -of his choosing - fulfilled the terms. Similarly if he just resigned.

The real fun would come if Beale resigned and took up the GR post shortly after and no release clause had been paid! QPR would invariably sue Beale for breach of contract and joinder GR for inducing a breach if contract, for the release clause sum.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:50 - Nov 27 with 2468 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:38 - Nov 27 by Northernr

Significant FFP issues next year without serious incoming.

Which, of course, MB knows. But it won’t be anyone at the cub’s fault when he nicks Illiss, Willock and Seny for buttons.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:56 - Nov 27 with 2406 viewsdavman

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:42 - Nov 27 by DejR_vu

As usual our ‘still learning-on-the-job after nine years’ DoF, has f&cked this up aswell. You never, NEVER, say someone is free to leave if they don’t want to be here, even if that is the reality in private. You protect your assets, you hardball. You come out, when the speculation starts, and say “it’s a non-issue. Mick made his position clear after the Wolves approach. He’s our manager, he’s committed to QPR, he’s going nowhere”. It lays down a marker. But no, this is QPR, our DoF, basically says “yeah Mick can do what we wants” inviting clubs to take the p1ss, just as they do when negotiating transfers with us. Everyone in football knows they can take the p1ss out of QPR.

Huh?

As far as I can see, Sir Les has not simply said "you are free to leave". He has been quoted as saying, "we won't stay in his way if he really doesn't want to be here" or words to that effect, absolutely no indication if that means "no worries, mate, you can go for nowt".

The ONLY person here who is out of order is the PBBC.

You are clearly letting your prejudice against the board get in the way here. I get that they have made cock ups, but we are in the right direction since the Warburton appointment.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:57 - Nov 27 with 2398 viewsRangersw12

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:42 - Nov 27 by PlanetHonneywood

Garden leave is only an option if it's a contractual clause already in the contract. If not, then an employee could claim breach of contract.

If, as widely touted, there's a release clause in Beale's contract, then given the reported circumstances, QPR will want GR to trigger it and off he goes. I doubt future loyalty payments from QPR would be due from QPR as he hadn't -of his choosing - fulfilled the terms. Similarly if he just resigned.

The real fun would come if Beale resigned and took up the GR post shortly after and no release clause had been paid! QPR would invariably sue Beale for breach of contract and joinder GR for inducing a breach if contract, for the release clause sum.

Surely if we haven't allowed them permission to speak him until they meet the release clause suggests we are playing hardball

Edit Quoted wrong person 🤦‍♂️
[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 15:09]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:59 - Nov 27 with 2373 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:21 - Nov 27 by OakR

100% But we won’t. We’ll crumble, get £100k and spin it into a success, and just carry on like we have done since this regime crashed through the doors. Laughing Stock.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:00 - Nov 27 with 2370 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I wouldn't mind putting him on gardening leave for the next couple of years.

He could hone that presentation of his.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:07 - Nov 27 with 2297 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I mentioned this earlier. It's the worst case scenario for the club, and us the fans. We could be stuck with a manager that we cant afford to sack, but doesn't want to be here, and now no one wants here.
What a mess.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:13 - Nov 27 with 2234 viewsDejR_vu

The Beale's bailing thread... on 14:56 - Nov 27 by davman

Huh?

As far as I can see, Sir Les has not simply said "you are free to leave". He has been quoted as saying, "we won't stay in his way if he really doesn't want to be here" or words to that effect, absolutely no indication if that means "no worries, mate, you can go for nowt".

The ONLY person here who is out of order is the PBBC.

You are clearly letting your prejudice against the board get in the way here. I get that they have made cock ups, but we are in the right direction since the Warburton appointment.

Sorry Davman, we keep finding new ways to balls things up. When will people start to realise this is not a coincidence. We, as a club, have a persecution complex when, in reality, a lot of the crap that happens could be avoided. Well-run clubs don’t have all of these things happen to them.

Just the most recent example, it might play well to the gallery, but our billionaire Chairman (with, what 2% ownership) ‘liking’ a tweet, whilst on his chum’s yacht watching the World Cup, criticising MB, is childish and unhelpful. It just confirms to the world we have accepted we’ve been screwed. What he should have done is spent the time to tweet that we won’t be pushed around.

The Beale's bailing thread... on 15:19 - Nov 27 with 2165 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don’t get me wrong, while I’d like to see him have his nuts smeared in jam and then forced to sit on a wasps nest, spite is expensive.

Get him out the cheapest and quickest way and get whoever we need to get in, in.

Then we can sing about his paternal heritage and self abuse habits v Burnley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024