Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 163981 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 21:28 - Nov 26 with 5723 viewsRangersw12

bronkhurst gone on 19:39 - Nov 26 by davman

There's the nickname - PBBC.

Needs to get a thumbs up from the king of nicknames Lblock before it's official though
bronkhurst gone on 23:05 - Nov 26 with 5333 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sky Sports News can reveal Beale and his staff were in contract extension talks with QPR before Rangers' interest developed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12755997/mick-beale-rangers-in-tal
bronkhurst gone on 23:29 - Nov 26 with 5242 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 21:28 - Nov 26 by Rangersw12

Needs to get a thumbs up from the king of nicknames Lblock before it's official though

Prick Beale
bronkhurst gone on 23:34 - Nov 26 with 5211 viewsDWQPR

Krill Beale

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

bronkhurst gone on 00:30 - Nov 27 with 5054 viewscharmr

Thought it was a shrewd appointment by the board and didn’t they let us know, not in a good or bad way, more like doing it with some due diligence.

The fact that for the second time someone comes knocking on the door and the silence afterwards is deafening. It’s like he’s always going to talk to everyone who approaches him.

Obviously a dream job for him but personally, sadly and reluctantly he can go and f off on his merry way asap. Lot of talk about the board. I bet there not particularly pleased or impressed just as much as we are.

Just don’t knock the system, even though it sucks, when we take a manager from someone else.

Apparently Gary Megson got a lot of jobs because he interviewed well.
bronkhurst gone on 00:48 - Nov 27 with 4994 viewsCLAREMAN1995

bronkhurst gone on 14:04 - Nov 26 by BklynRanger

Right. That's it for me. I'd drive him there myself if I could drive.

The Springsteen box set is mine by the way.

Wait !!! Bruce Springsteen is releasing a Box Set ? I thought it was that soul album which i will be avoiding .Nightshift is lovely though .
Its very dissapointing if Mick Beal heads up to Scotland after all his impressive interviews and the amount of praise he got for his loyalty during the Wolves saga.
What about all his staff they look good during those training sessions but I expect the next guy ( if we need one ) will bring his own
bronkhurst gone on 01:31 - Nov 27 with 4922 viewsLoftgirl

bronkhurst gone on 15:37 - Nov 26 by Stanisgod

No, dont mention him at all, just announce the new manager, he was never here.

For me, he managed the 1986 game that never happened.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 05:28 - Nov 27 with 4717 viewsloneranger1

I was unsure about Warbs going, even with the horrible end to last season. I liked him. I found it hard to warm to Beale early on, I really did - and I wasn't always taken in by how much of a good game he talked, there was just something I didn't like.

As time went on and he seemed to get us scoring goals, winning away regularly and players continued to develop (although not all - don't see Roberts any better than when he started his loan period), I did start to warm to him and listen a bit more carefully to what he had to say, the fact that he "talks a good game" and we were getting results seemed to go hand in hand. However, since the Wolves link, things haven't felt right. Apart from Norwich away, I've been unimpressed, and as noted above, he hasn't turned round a bad run of form yet so as a manager at least, still seems unproven.

Unfortunately, do't feel like wishing him luck (same as I felt with Hughes, Redknapp, JFH and McLaren). Could have been so different if he'd stayed a year and got us finishing withing touching distance of the play-offs. I'm not on twitter and get most of my Rangers news here... some of the revelations about his courting of GR leave a horrible taste. It's as though we were never going to be good enough for him - surprising really, given the club gave him his managing break with a nice length of contract and the fans have supported him since day 1, and continuing to sing his name regularly since the Wolves link.

I now feel like a mug for having warmed to Beale and for having sung his name.

Clearly he now has to go, although I know we can't pay up his contract so best for all if he gets this job and is offski. We move on.

As highlighted above, easy with hindsight but Jon Eustace would have fitted the bill nicely really.

Sounds like it'll be Critchley and my only misgivings about that is how he hurried to leave Blackpool having talked up his love for the club in the previous months. Seem to remember the fanbase wasn't too impressed with how he left without much of a statement to the fans.

But I think we've established that however hard it is to accept, hard to ask managers for much loyalty when they're only ever 5 matches away from the sack.

I do think that leaving so soon into a 3-year contract is poor, however. And worse when you've actively been looking to leave, havign talked up integrity. Some of us have a clear idea of what that means, and you, sir, have fallen well short.
Login to get fewer ads

The Beale's bailing thread... on 06:09 - Nov 27 with 4659 viewsNorthLondonR

May have been mentioned before, but I'm going down the road of what footballer have we ever signed on a free and 4 or 5 months later we've sold them on for £2-3million?
The Beale's bailing thread... on 06:46 - Nov 27 with 4593 viewsLongRanger

I said a week ago this story was lazy journalism, as I didn’t think a manager would turn up to stir it so blatantly when another on the brink and after what he said after wolves, how could he walk!!

Think I am still right to say it’s a bad move tho…they’re a huge club, but in a poor league, the Celtic manager has done as well as anyone and is not linked to any big jobs, because it’s in Scotland. Gerrard got Villa because he’s Gerrard. So much more credible to get us in the top 6 of the championship than it is to win a handful of trophies in Scotland.

Potentially a very good manger, definitely a poor character, so happy to get money for him and move on.
bronkhurst gone on 07:30 - Nov 27 with 4469 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

bronkhurst gone on 23:05 - Nov 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Sky Sports News can reveal Beale and his staff were in contract extension talks with QPR before Rangers' interest developed.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12755997/mick-beale-rangers-in-tal

Unbelievable. He must of known the G Rangers job was coming up as he had been at the Aberdeen game weeks ago.
The cynic in me thinks the extension talks were there for him to say "I was ready to commit long term, but G Rangers were to big to say no to".
I feel a mug for having been genuinely excited when we appointed him. What a weasel.
Even if he stayed his position is untenable now. Worst case scenario now is that he stays and we can't afford to sack him. The trust is broken with the fans and, I imagine, the players.
Critchley in hopefully.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 07:30 - Nov 27 with 4462 viewsdmm

Beale's contract release clause has been questioned quite a lot. My take would be that Beale himself would have insisted on that because he wanted to keep his options as open as possible.

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that, given it was Beale's first stab at a head coach job (not even as a manager), the club agreed to a £1.5m release clause. It would have seemed fanciful at the time to think a Prem club and top Scottish side would come calling for him.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the board is a lot more circumspect with the next manager's contract, particularly if he's another 'young and upcoming' one.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 08:02 - Nov 27 with 4321 viewsDixie_CT

Substitute the work ‘Baby’ with ‘Bealey’

This whole saga with Beale has really got my back up. The guy seems to be an effective coach and I thought provided refreshing, interesting, and intelligent insight. We have played some scintillating football at times this season yet the soft underbelly remains.

What has annoyed me is the two facedness of it all. If he goes, the Geezer is a massive hypocrite and that is the bit that wrangles with me so much. He has duped the whole club into believing his mantra and if he turns out to be a Lionel Hutz type characther, that hurts, really hurts, because I drank the Kool Aid. I was so hungry to believe we had found ‘The One’, silly old me.

Someone I know who met with Beale said he ‘is ambitious, really ambitious’ almost with a tone of caution. I didn’t know why at the time, maybe now I do.

When things are going well, either of the Old Firm clubs might seem like Willy Wonka’s garden but when they don’t go so good, the tone is very, very different. Not just a few angry tweets but genuine intimidation. Beale was there in the good times under Gerrard, how will it be if the darkness descends?

As for QPR, the greatest club which ever did you exist, this is an opportunity to take stock on the long term vision of who we are, what values we have, why we are here, and what we want to do. £1.5m isn’t a bad return on a gamble (will this be the first compo fee we have received for a manager? Brucey Bonus! That cash may just mean we can hang onto our gems for a wee bit longer. Win - Win.

Come on You R’s
bronkhurst gone on 08:47 - Nov 27 with 4119 viewsdistortR

bronkhurst gone on 21:25 - Nov 26 by Rangersw12

The lack of effort at Coventry especially from some of his signings like Clarke-Salter suggested something was/is up

I think that was more to do with beale's seeming penchant for playing injured players.
If Willock runs his contract down and joins beale at sectarian rangers, why, i'll, i'll......
bronkhurst gone on 09:08 - Nov 27 with 3963 viewsBklynRanger

bronkhurst gone on 00:48 - Nov 27 by CLAREMAN1995

Wait !!! Bruce Springsteen is releasing a Box Set ? I thought it was that soul album which i will be avoiding .Nightshift is lovely though .
Its very dissapointing if Mick Beal heads up to Scotland after all his impressive interviews and the amount of praise he got for his loyalty during the Wolves saga.
What about all his staff they look good during those training sessions but I expect the next guy ( if we need one ) will bring his own

It's the 75-85 Live box set, the one with the 4th disc missing that he denies all knowledge of the pot bellied Bromley c*nt...

Hopefully this should all happen pretty quickly now anyway.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:18 - Nov 27 with 3875 viewsdistortR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:31 - Nov 27 with 3785 viewsbosh67

Allegedly Amit has liked a tweet about a fan being angry that Mick is possibly leaving. I love Amit but if that is true then perhaps not the best move with what's going on and would indicate a breakdown at this point in the relationship that would be very hard to mend.

Of course it is press talk so it is far more likely that Amit tweeted that he would like to get some milk and eggs in and that has been interpreted as liking an angry fan's tweet.

I really think Twitter is such a horrible toxic beast.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:33 - Nov 27 with 3765 viewsdistortR

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:31 - Nov 27 by bosh67

Allegedly Amit has liked a tweet about a fan being angry that Mick is possibly leaving. I love Amit but if that is true then perhaps not the best move with what's going on and would indicate a breakdown at this point in the relationship that would be very hard to mend.

Of course it is press talk so it is far more likely that Amit tweeted that he would like to get some milk and eggs in and that has been interpreted as liking an angry fan's tweet.

I think it may be beale who is the horrible, toxic beast in this case, Bosh.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:35 - Nov 27 with 3751 viewstraininvain

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:31 - Nov 27 by bosh67

Agree re Twitter but I’m sure Amit has a much better insight into what’s going on re Beale than any of us. I doubt he would have liked the tweet if Beale was on the fence about whether to stay or leave.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:52 - Nov 27 with 3636 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:35 - Nov 27 by traininvain

Agree re Twitter but I’m sure Amit has a much better insight into what’s going on re Beale than any of us. I doubt he would have liked the tweet if Beale was on the fence about whether to stay or leave.

Agree he's not on the fence, his mind was made up weeks ago. Why else go to G Rangers v Aberdeen? Definitely not the scintillating football.
He wants out, we get a fee, see ya later Weasel Boy.
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:15 - Nov 27 with 3496 viewsBeckenhamhoop

The Beale's bailing thread... on 09:52 - Nov 27 by Wilkinswatercarrier

Agree he's not on the fence, his mind was made up weeks ago. Why else go to G Rangers v Aberdeen? Definitely not the scintillating football.
He wants out, we get a fee, see ya later Weasel Boy.

I’m looking forward to all the leaked stories that MB left because him and Les Ferdinand fell out. This message board could possibly spontaneously combust!
The Beale's bailing thread... on 10:38 - Nov 27 with 3365 viewsRangersDave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

bronkhurst gone on 10:51 - Nov 27 with 3240 viewsQPR_John

bronkhurst gone on 21:24 - Nov 26 by stainrods_elbow

If he goes to the pseudo-Rangers, and it's still an I would like to feel biggish if, he'll clearly deserve all the brickbats he gets his way on the way out. But - in my opinion - the failure of the club to hold him to his contract will also make both LF's and LH's positions untenable, and they should follow him through the door.

Can you explain how the club can hold him to his contract when it contains a release clause
bronkhurst gone on 10:58 - Nov 27 with 3176 viewsdistortR

bronkhurst gone on 10:51 - Nov 27 by QPR_John

Can you explain how the club can hold him to his contract when it contains a release clause

and how you attract a higher level of talent to QPR without including a release clause?

22 games into his tenure and it appears that this is the third club he's flirted with. He just needs to go.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2022 11:06]
The Beale's bailing thread... on 11:49 - Nov 27 with 2856 viewsThe_Beast1976

In my view, MB has let himself down massively in all of this and it will come back to haunt his career in the future. If it goes belly up at GR and he's out of a job, who else would bother with him as a manager after all this? I reckon that, in time, he's really going to regret the way he's conducted himself these past few weeks.......get the popcorn out

As they say, what goes around comes around....
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024