Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beale's bailing thread... 10:03 - Nov 21 with 162166 viewsdigswellhoop

so the manager will be li ked hope he stays

This post has been edited by an administrator
bronkhurst gone on 11:06 - Nov 25 with 4123 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 10:49 - Nov 25 by daveB

I think if you are doing really well say like a Nathan Jones over achieving over a few years that’s understandable to be linked, I just find this all very odd. We've done well do far but not hugely different to last season. We haven’t had this sort of noise about any player or manager in decades, just doesn’t feel right

I find Beale a fascinating character, a bit like Holloway in the way his interviews are always worth a watch (probably for different reasons) but going forward whether it is with us or elsewhere he does need to calm down a bit talking about where he wants to go and what he wants to do in his career, just focus on the job in hand the rest takes care of itself.

I'm certainly not going to drive him out of the club if he stays, I'm not fussed either way anymore but won't shed any tears if he goes

I'm certainly not a fan of those saying 'he could stop all this by making a statement' - no one ever does that, and I think it's unrealistic to expect it. So I don't have any dislike of him, I think a loty of thast stuff is OTT. But I do think now it would probably be better for him to go. I can't imagine the players are delighted about all this, no matter how good-a coach he is. Noticeable that some of Warbs' big critics are the most vociferous against Beale moving on. Maybe Warbs' boring integrity wasn't so bad after all.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 11:17 - Nov 25 with 3997 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 11:06 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

I'm certainly not a fan of those saying 'he could stop all this by making a statement' - no one ever does that, and I think it's unrealistic to expect it. So I don't have any dislike of him, I think a loty of thast stuff is OTT. But I do think now it would probably be better for him to go. I can't imagine the players are delighted about all this, no matter how good-a coach he is. Noticeable that some of Warbs' big critics are the most vociferous against Beale moving on. Maybe Warbs' boring integrity wasn't so bad after all.

Why shouldn’t he make a statement Antti?

He made dozens after the Wolves thing.
bronkhurst gone on 11:29 - Nov 25 with 3893 viewsWegerles_Stairs

bronkhurst gone on 10:49 - Nov 25 by daveB

I think if you are doing really well say like a Nathan Jones over achieving over a few years that’s understandable to be linked, I just find this all very odd. We've done well do far but not hugely different to last season. We haven’t had this sort of noise about any player or manager in decades, just doesn’t feel right

I find Beale a fascinating character, a bit like Holloway in the way his interviews are always worth a watch (probably for different reasons) but going forward whether it is with us or elsewhere he does need to calm down a bit talking about where he wants to go and what he wants to do in his career, just focus on the job in hand the rest takes care of itself.

I'm certainly not going to drive him out of the club if he stays, I'm not fussed either way anymore but won't shed any tears if he goes

Totally agree. Really enjoyed his interviews to begin with as he is clearly a deep and knowledgeable thinker about the game. Less bothered when the team's played crap and he's still saying the same things, as it seems delusional. When you've played like we did against Luton, Birmingham and Coventry, and lost at home to Huddersfield's reserve team, it's not as engaging to be planning your future trajectory into the stratosphere in plain sight.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 11:30]
bronkhurst gone on 11:29 - Nov 25 with 3912 viewsR_from_afar

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

bronkhurst gone on 11:34 - Nov 25 with 3850 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 11:29 - Nov 25 by R_from_afar

This must be Pearson’s agent 😆
bronkhurst gone on 11:36 - Nov 25 with 3844 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

bronkhurst gone on 11:03 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm so apathetic about this. Strangely so.

I think that I broke up with Beale over the Wolves interviews and the bullshít afterwards about loyalty and integrity. Just tell me the truth, Mick, I'm all grown up now.

So whether he stays, whehther he walks out now, or whether he leaves me later is immaterial. I've got my whickey bottle, I've got a fistful of dimes and a juke box fulll to the brim with Country songs. I'm ready, Mick. Hit me.

With you on that, just get it over and done with. Though I would go for Mr Frank Sinatra rather than Country.
bronkhurst gone on 11:44 - Nov 25 with 3790 viewsR_from_afar

Oh that is naughty!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

bronkhurst gone on 11:46 - Nov 25 with 3772 viewsNorthantsHoop

Some similarities with Beale and Paul Clement who you may remember a few years back clubs seemed to be falling over themselves as the next big thing as a coach/manager, landed up getting sacked from Derby never been offered a top job since. Beale needs to carefully weigh up his options, pressure at Glasgow Rangers will be more intense than remaining at QPR, although if he stays and it all goes south here it will not end well for him. For us we need a manager committed at least until the end of the season. Personally Beale now seems in a catch 22 situation as a manager/head coach, whereas if he was head down carry on with QPR after the Wolves stuff and quickly shut out other offers his stock would have risen. Who knows where this is all going.
Login to get fewer ads

bronkhurst gone on 11:51 - Nov 25 with 3743 viewsstevec

bronkhurst gone on 10:02 - Nov 25 by R_from_afar

Steve, FFP means it's not that simple. Quality strikers cost the earth and we really cannot risk another breach of the rules.

A second offence could mean they really make an example of us.

That’s fair comment, I accept that.

Problem is, managers are coming and going, rinse and repeat, and at some point we will have to face up to the fact that we whilst we are playing generally enjoyable watchable football we may need something more pragmatic to get out of £1.8 million losses per month.

As pretty as it’s been we still manage to lose as many games as we win.

It reminds me of Ipswich 10-20 years ago, always around the play off spots but literally everybody knew their neat brand of football wasn’t going to get them over the line, even when only three games away from the promised land.

If we don’t think we can afford to get a CF to support the excellent work behind them then sooner or later we will have to seriously think about cashing in on Chair and Willock and try something different.
bronkhurst gone on 12:02 - Nov 25 with 3686 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 22:57 - Nov 24 by Burnleyhoop

After the Wolves debacle, he should have nipped the speculation in the bud by stating he was not interested in the G Rangers job.

He hasn’t, so he clearly is. Ultimately he has messed this club around and created angst and instability across the club, the fan base and the players.

Why did he even bother coming to us when his intention was to bale out as soon as a supposed better gig came up?

Are the players that he brought in now going to give 100% for the rest of the season, or will they be looking for a sharp exit as well?

Wouldn’t surprise me if he started picking off the likes of Willock, Balogun and Tim once he gets his feet under the table. The man clearly has no shame.

As I've said before ANY player gets a better offer anywhere at any club they are off.

Willock going to turn down the PL, because he loves our manager at the time?

Not a chance!
bronkhurst gone on 12:04 - Nov 25 with 3679 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 23:19 - Nov 24 by Maggsinho

Dave Mc just retweeted this.

From someone that has actually met and heard him in person?

Total nonsense obviously!
bronkhurst gone on 12:05 - Nov 25 with 3655 viewsdaveB

bronkhurst gone on 11:51 - Nov 25 by stevec

Problem is, managers are coming and going, rinse and repeat, and at some point we will have to face up to the fact that we whilst we are playing generally enjoyable watchable football we may need something more pragmatic to get out of £1.8 million losses per month.

It reminds me of Ipswich 10-20 years ago, always around the play off spots but literally everybody knew their neat brand of football wasn’t going to get them over the line, even when only three games away from the promised land.

If we don’t think we can afford to get a CF to support the excellent work behind them then sooner or later we will have to seriously think about cashing in on Chair and Willock and try something different.

I think if they couud cash in on them they probably would as they did with Eze and look to add 3/4 players to strengthen the squad
bronkhurst gone on 12:07 - Nov 25 with 3631 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 06:27 - Nov 25 by dmm

He'll also look like a dickhead if he stays. What could he possibly say that would convince us he didn't flirt with GR and is committed to QPR? His bridges are all but ashes now. I shudder to think what the atmosphere at the Burnley game would be like if Beale's still here.

The best outcome is he gets the job at GR and we bring in a decent replacement.

Plenty of contra views on here both ways, so whatever your opinion, clearly not everyone at LR will think the same way whatever happens.
bronkhurst gone on 12:11 - Nov 25 with 3593 viewsBrianMcCarthy

bronkhurst gone on 11:36 - Nov 25 by Wilkinswatercarrier

With you on that, just get it over and done with. Though I would go for Mr Frank Sinatra rather than Country.

"And now,
The end is near..."

I'm going to need a pork-pie hat.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

bronkhurst gone on 12:13 - Nov 25 with 3575 viewsAntti_Heinola

bronkhurst gone on 11:17 - Nov 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why shouldn’t he make a statement Antti?

He made dozens after the Wolves thing.

'after' being the operative word.

I'd be surprised if you could find an example of any manager in history linked with another job who has ever dismissed a rumour about them possibly moving. 'I'm happy here and until I'm told otherwise I'll be the manager' is all you'll get. Not sure why we would expect it to be different now.

I think there's a small but subtle difference between 'should he say something' and 'should we expect him to say something'.

Bare bones.

bronkhurst gone on 12:15 - Nov 25 with 3562 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 10:37 - Nov 25 by daveB

I think Les made the right statement, if someone doesn't want to be here then fine off you go, we only really want people who are committed.

I know what you mean Dave, but ANY player or manager are only "committed" until they get a better offer.
bronkhurst gone on 12:18 - Nov 25 with 3519 viewsPhildo

bronkhurst gone on 12:13 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

I'd be surprised if you could find an example of any manager in history linked with another job who has ever dismissed a rumour about them possibly moving. 'I'm happy here and until I'm told otherwise I'll be the manager' is all you'll get. Not sure why we would expect it to be different now.

I think there's a small but subtle difference between 'should he say something' and 'should we expect him to say something'.

True but only a few weeks after dangling his ball sack in another pond (and Clive hints not the first) a little galling
bronkhurst gone on 12:19 - Nov 25 with 3506 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 11:51 - Nov 25 by stevec

Very fair comment and good alternative plan.
bronkhurst gone on 12:19 - Nov 25 with 3497 viewsdaveB

bronkhurst gone on 12:15 - Nov 25 by PinnerPaul

I know what you mean Dave, but ANY player or manager are only "committed" until they get a better offer.

and thats fine, if they get a better offer and want to go don't stand in their way
bronkhurst gone on 12:23 - Nov 25 with 3445 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

bronkhurst gone on 12:13 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

‘I'm happy here and until I'm told otherwise I'll be the manager'

That would have literally ended the discussion. Silence has out the narrative into the hands of Twitter and people like me.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2022 12:24]
bronkhurst gone on 12:23 - Nov 25 with 3452 viewsPinnerPaul

bronkhurst gone on 12:19 - Nov 25 by daveB

and thats fine, if they get a better offer and want to go don't stand in their way

Obvioulsy we wouldn't - so a bit pointless saying we 'only' want committed people - no one is ever going to say I'm going no where for x months - player or staff.
bronkhurst gone on 13:04 - Nov 25 with 3157 viewsHayesender

Poll: Shamima Beghum

bronkhurst gone on 13:08 - Nov 25 with 3104 viewsgobbles

bronkhurst gone on 12:23 - Nov 25 by PinnerPaul

Obvioulsy we wouldn't - so a bit pointless saying we 'only' want committed people - no one is ever going to say I'm going no where for x months - player or staff.

Really? You don't think it is reasonable to expect at least a year out of anyone you offer a management job to?
bronkhurst gone on 13:09 - Nov 25 with 3096 viewseastside_r

bronkhurst gone on 13:04 - Nov 25 by Hayesender

Beale already indicated to GR that he’s not interested?
bronkhurst gone on 13:35 - Nov 25 with 2912 viewsR_from_afar

bronkhurst gone on 12:05 - Nov 25 by daveB

I think if they couud cash in on them they probably would as they did with Eze and look to add 3/4 players to strengthen the squad

I think Dave is right.

Unless our revenues rise significantly - unlikely with our current infrastructure - as I've said before, we need to hope we can sell one of our best players and use the money to replace them with a player of similar ability plus add at least one more high quality player.

It's worryingly close to alchemy.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024