Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan 13:18 - Nov 23 with 9138 viewsGRIM

So good to see Maya Yoshida still representing his Country in World Cup at 34yrs old..
Despite a few mishaps for Saints he always
gave his all for the Club & was popular with the majority of Saints supporters.
Good on yer Maya.

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 13:52 - Nov 23 with 6891 views1885_SFC

I echo that. A top professional with a terrific attitude.

Old School is Cool

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 15:04 - Nov 23 with 6797 viewscocklebreath

Agreed, although I think someone else won’t

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 15:19 - Nov 23 with 6816 viewsdirk_doone

Japan's central defence looked better than England's in their opening games.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 15:19]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 15:25 - Nov 23 with 6802 viewsA1079

Agree 100% Grim. He gave his all for the club and team and never had a bad word to say no matter whether he was picked or not. He played anywhere he was asked and gave his all. Yes, he made some errors at times that could be costly but when you needed someone to dig in he gave his best. No histrionics or ego from him, no thinking he was better than he was, just got on with the job.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 16:15 - Nov 23 with 6749 viewsblambo

Good enough for Japan to beat the Germans, but not good enough for Saints.
Another World Class decision...
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 17:05 - Nov 23 with 6711 viewsgrumpy

So many bad decisions, this season is it will cost us the place in the Premiership.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 17:11 - Nov 23 with 6703 viewsTripleNiemi

Top drawer pro. Saints loss…..

Yep we know he was by no means perfect, but boy did we lose someone who could still be doing a job for us.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2022 17:13]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 17:33 - Nov 23 with 6681 viewsGRIM

Over the years the players we have brought in & paid big money for have not been as good as the players we let go for peanuts.
Jose Fonte + Maya Yoshida + Oriel Romeu + Rickie Lambert + Graziano Pele to name just a few of the quality players we replaced with inferior players.
I've not done the maths but we spent an awful lot of money replacing them & I cannot think of any replacements that have been any good. ( apart from VVD, at least we got that one right).
Login to get fewer ads

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 19:30 - Nov 23 with 6593 viewsfelly1

Really liked Yoshida. He may have only been average at best in terms of ability at the highest level, but he made up for it in determination and attitude. A priceless attribute for a club like ours... ie Romeu
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 19:58 - Nov 23 with 6564 viewsPoirot

Nice fella, i wish the club had tapped into his commercial value whilst here.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 23:02 - Nov 23 with 6463 views1teeminants

He was a lot better than some suggested that’s for sure . I can remember him having an excellent tournament last time around too and received praise by many . Good on yer Maya.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 07:19 - Nov 24 with 6309 viewsTripleNiemi

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 19:58 - Nov 23 by Poirot

Nice fella, i wish the club had tapped into his commercial value whilst here.

Sadly our club is, and has never been any good at promoting ourselves overseasvto increase this form of revenue. If i recall this was one area that the hockey coach was meant to be looking into and the result was a gash deal with Under Armour.

Saints are so cřap in this department.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 11:24 - Nov 24 with 6199 viewskernow

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 19:30 - Nov 23 by felly1

Really liked Yoshida. He may have only been average at best in terms of ability at the highest level, but he made up for it in determination and attitude. A priceless attribute for a club like ours... ie Romeu

Maya Yoshida was and still is a very good player,
versatile and dependable.
He was scapegoated after the Leicester debacle.
Club management and ownership have made some poor decisions over the years.
Good luck Maya San.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 14:48 - Nov 24 with 6128 viewssmartjoe

Nick
You certainly did your utmost to kill off Maya Yoshida's career at Saints. You never had a good word to say about him......most of your continuing criticism being wrong, totrally unfair and unnecessary.
Quite the opposite to your hero worship of your Ralf ,which also was wrong , totally unfair and unnecessary.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 11:35 - Nov 25 with 5810 viewsChesham_Saint

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 17:33 - Nov 23 by GRIM

Over the years the players we have brought in & paid big money for have not been as good as the players we let go for peanuts.
Jose Fonte + Maya Yoshida + Oriel Romeu + Rickie Lambert + Graziano Pele to name just a few of the quality players we replaced with inferior players.
I've not done the maths but we spent an awful lot of money replacing them & I cannot think of any replacements that have been any good. ( apart from VVD, at least we got that one right).

But we made some good recruits in the past couple of years or so though - KWP, Perraud, Stuart Armstrong, Livramento, Bela-Kotchap and probably Salisu?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 13:06 - Nov 25 with 5777 viewsGRIM

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 11:35 - Nov 25 by Chesham_Saint

But we made some good recruits in the past couple of years or so though - KWP, Perraud, Stuart Armstrong, Livramento, Bela-Kotchap and probably Salisu?

I'm not convinced any of these that you list are better than the ones we've lost.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 14:12 - Nov 25 with 5741 viewsChesham_Saint

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 13:06 - Nov 25 by GRIM

I'm not convinced any of these that you list are better than the ones we've lost.

Even KWP? You’re kidding.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 14:57 - Nov 25 with 5730 viewsGRIM

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 14:12 - Nov 25 by Chesham_Saint

Even KWP? You’re kidding.

Not kidding.
I think KWP is overated.
He is technically good & a effective going forward but his defending leaves a lot to be desired.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 15:02 - Nov 25 with 5720 views1ASIN12

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 14:57 - Nov 25 by GRIM

Not kidding.
I think KWP is overated.
He is technically good & a effective going forward but his defending leaves a lot to be desired.

Exactly this . We’ve let in a few goals from the right this season. Great going forward average defending.

Salisu I don’t think he’s great either - would be hard to chose between him and yoshida ( when he was with us) as who to start .
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 15:25 - Nov 25 with 5707 viewsGRIM

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 15:02 - Nov 25 by 1ASIN12

Exactly this . We’ve let in a few goals from the right this season. Great going forward average defending.

Salisu I don’t think he’s great either - would be hard to chose between him and yoshida ( when he was with us) as who to start .

If you're a centre back who would you prefer to play alongside Yosh or Salisu.
I know which one I would choose, it would be Yosh every time.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 16:16 - Nov 25 with 5681 viewsTimSaint

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 17:33 - Nov 23 by GRIM

I think you are being a little harsh when you say we let players go for peanuts. Taking the ones you mention:
Fonte - Engineered an albeit woeful move, once he got too big for his boots, so it was inevitable he would go and we got a fair price.
Yoshida - Wasn't quite good enough to start every week, so made sense
Romeu - sold to get a fee, or he would leave for free (Give Lavia a chance)
Lambert - Got a good fee for a player in the twilight of his career
Pelle - How do you expect us to compete, if a Chinese club offers him £250k a week ?

Recruitment for replacements has been poor, but at least we managed to get a good fee for offloading Vest and Ings turned out to be a quality signing. A couple of the other youngsters will probably become good signings as well.

TimSaint

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 16:39 - Nov 25 with 5665 viewsGRIM

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 16:16 - Nov 25 by TimSaint

I think you are being a little harsh when you say we let players go for peanuts. Taking the ones you mention:
Fonte - Engineered an albeit woeful move, once he got too big for his boots, so it was inevitable he would go and we got a fair price.
Yoshida - Wasn't quite good enough to start every week, so made sense
Romeu - sold to get a fee, or he would leave for free (Give Lavia a chance)
Lambert - Got a good fee for a player in the twilight of his career
Pelle - How do you expect us to compete, if a Chinese club offers him £250k a week ?

Recruitment for replacements has been poor, but at least we managed to get a good fee for offloading Vest and Ings turned out to be a quality signing. A couple of the other youngsters will probably become good signings as well.

The point I was making is that we've spent a lot more than we've got back in selling players, (post VVD exit) but we haven't bought quality, we've bought potential & it remains to be seen if or how many of the new recruits are better than what we had.
Bottom line is that the one's that do turn out to be good will be snapped up by the bigger clubs & we'll have to start the process again.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 22:36 - Nov 27 with 5253 viewsPoirot

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 07:19 - Nov 24 by TripleNiemi

Sadly our club is, and has never been any good at promoting ourselves overseasvto increase this form of revenue. If i recall this was one area that the hockey coach was meant to be looking into and the result was a gash deal with Under Armour.

Saints are so cřap in this department.

A friendly being played in Japan and some associated commercial activity should have been a given from the large wedge of japanese web traffic he created.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 08:13 - Nov 28 with 5065 viewsGRIM

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 14:48 - Nov 24 by smartjoe

Nick
You certainly did your utmost to kill off Maya Yoshida's career at Saints. You never had a good word to say about him......most of your continuing criticism being wrong, totrally unfair and unnecessary.
Quite the opposite to your hero worship of your Ralf ,which also was wrong , totally unfair and unnecessary.

Yosh wasn't just playing for Japan he is Captain of his National side.
He looked as solid & domineering as he did for Saints.
He did what he does best which win the ball & keep it simple. He hardly put a foot (or head) wrong.
In the two of Japan's games I counted just one misplaced pass from Yosh.
Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 11:03 - Nov 28 with 4979 viewsBerber

Nice to see Maya Yoshida strutting his stuff for Japan on 16:39 - Nov 25 by GRIM

The point I was making is that we've spent a lot more than we've got back in selling players, (post VVD exit) but we haven't bought quality, we've bought potential & it remains to be seen if or how many of the new recruits are better than what we had.
Bottom line is that the one's that do turn out to be good will be snapped up by the bigger clubs & we'll have to start the process again.

But that is the development plan. It hasn’t been kept a secret for the past decade.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024