Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neil Critchley 07:52 - Dec 8 with 29796 viewsNortholt_Rs

Odds on to become our new manager. Underwhelming choice or the right man for the job?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Neil Critchley on 07:59 - Dec 8 with 8944 viewsdaveB

I thought he did a good job at Blackpool, fits the brief of developing players but has also proved himself to be a manager rather than just a coach. A good fit imo
Neil Critchley on 08:06 - Dec 8 with 8900 viewsNorthernr

We'd all have been happy with him in the summer.
+ Continuity candidate.
+ Comes in with his eyes wide open on FFP and everything else because he knows Beale.
+ Cheap - no compensation package which I said right from the start would be a problem with Cifuentes and others but nobody listened because "Swedish journalist says..."
+ Developed players at Blackpool, sold Bowler for good money.

- Would hope there's a hefty clause in his deal to deter him from simply walking out whenever Steven gerrard gets another job.
- Not exactly screaming 'loyalty' after walking out on Blackpool to be an assistant.
- Part of that whole Beale/Liverpool gang which might have put us off.
- Relied very heavily on loans at Blackpool, though perhaps that was just the circumstances there.
Neil Critchley on 08:22 - Dec 8 with 8777 viewsstevec

So long as he doesn’t question the youth development team I’m sure he’ll fit in fine.
Neil Critchley on 08:24 - Dec 8 with 8770 viewsdmm

If this is true I hope we get to hear the reasons why Cifuentes wasn't chosen.
Neil Critchley on 08:29 - Dec 8 with 8749 viewsdaveB

Neil Critchley on 08:06 - Dec 8 by Northernr

We'd all have been happy with him in the summer.
+ Continuity candidate.
+ Comes in with his eyes wide open on FFP and everything else because he knows Beale.
+ Cheap - no compensation package which I said right from the start would be a problem with Cifuentes and others but nobody listened because "Swedish journalist says..."
+ Developed players at Blackpool, sold Bowler for good money.

- Would hope there's a hefty clause in his deal to deter him from simply walking out whenever Steven gerrard gets another job.
- Not exactly screaming 'loyalty' after walking out on Blackpool to be an assistant.
- Part of that whole Beale/Liverpool gang which might have put us off.
- Relied very heavily on loans at Blackpool, though perhaps that was just the circumstances there.

I think with any manager or player there is a danger they will leave if a better offer comes along, we can't claim to be about development then worry that they might leave, thats part of the plan if they do well they move on, we've got better and we go again, You just have to put in the contract a release clause so you get money for that scenario.

It was odd the way he left Blackpool but he'd done 18 months there and hadn't spent thay time activley looking for a new job so wouldn't hold it against him. Warbs left us for a similar role at West Ham although that was more us letting him go than the other way around.
Neil Critchley on 08:30 - Dec 8 with 8740 viewsdaveB

Neil Critchley on 08:24 - Dec 8 by dmm

That would be a first for them to explain why they didn't go for certain candidates, we don't even know if any of that link was true in the first place
Neil Critchley on 08:30 - Dec 8 with 8742 viewsMetallica_Hoop

"He is one of sixteen coaches worldwide to have obtained UEFA's elite badge"

Sounds good (whatever that is)

Is that like having the Gold Arrow in Cubs?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 8:31]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Neil Critchley on 08:32 - Dec 8 with 8724 viewsNorthernr

Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the guy they've appointed if they come out and say "yeh we actually liked that Swedish fella but there's agents crawling all over the deal and it's a £750k release fee so we've gone for Big Cheap Neil instead".
Login to get fewer ads

Neil Critchley on 08:37 - Dec 8 with 8685 viewsTheChef

Neil Critchley on 08:32 - Dec 8 by Northernr

Doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence in the guy they've appointed if they come out and say "yeh we actually liked that Swedish fella but there's agents crawling all over the deal and it's a £750k release fee so we've gone for Big Cheap Neil instead".

Similarly with players, I assume there is now more red tape involved if you're hiring managers from abroad?

I don't mind if it's Critchley, just as long as he doesn't give us the Beale BS about loyalty and integrity before jumping ship a week later.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Neil Critchley on 08:46 - Dec 8 with 8640 viewsPhildo

The guy has the super gold star coaching badge reserved for Infantinos love children and a promotion from league one in his first season in management so ok with me. Bit of a gratuitous appointment of a middle aged white man by evil Les though.
Neil Critchley on 08:56 - Dec 8 with 8550 viewsBAWHoops

The obvious and sensible choice

Cifuentes was the very 'online' choice. I'm sure he's a great manager but to drop him into our situation halfway through a season seemed mad to me.

Delighted if it's Critchley, but he will have an uphill task with the fans who, however much they hate Beale, will remember the actual football under his tenure through rose tinted glasses

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Neil Critchley on 09:00 - Dec 8 with 8507 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley on 08:56 - Dec 8 by BAWHoops

The obvious and sensible choice

Cifuentes was the very 'online' choice. I'm sure he's a great manager but to drop him into our situation halfway through a season seemed mad to me.

Delighted if it's Critchley, but he will have an uphill task with the fans who, however much they hate Beale, will remember the actual football under his tenure through rose tinted glasses

When in fact there's been as many dire games under Beale as there have been good ones. We've already failed to score in eight of our 21 games this year.
Neil Critchley on 09:02 - Dec 8 with 8499 viewshubble

Well at least his name lends itself easily to banter if it goes tits up.
Relying on loans: Neil Crutchley.
Complaining he's got no budget: Neil Cratchit.
Using desperate excuses: Neil Clutchy (at straws).
Scandal: Neil Crotchley.
Knitting the team together: Neil Crochet (I know, that's a positive one).
Dressing like Scott Parker: Neil Kitschley

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Neil Critchley on 09:03 - Dec 8 with 8480 viewsRanger_Things

Neil Critchley on 08:30 - Dec 8 by Metallica_Hoop

But can he turn his pyjamas into a float in the deep end?
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 9:03]
Neil Critchley on 09:08 - Dec 8 with 8439 viewsPinnerPaul

As that ever happened, anywhere, ever?
Neil Critchley on 09:09 - Dec 8 with 8432 viewsPinnerPaul

or a Gold Blue Peter badge?
Neil Critchley on 09:12 - Dec 8 with 8406 viewsPinnerPaul

Neil Critchley on 09:00 - Dec 8 by Northernr

When in fact there's been as many dire games under Beale as there have been good ones. We've already failed to score in eight of our 21 games this year.

but he led us to 6th - can't argue with that, its a fact.

Has to be the benchmark for him (new bloke) to be measured against - no?
Neil Critchley on 09:37 - Dec 8 with 8236 viewshertshoops

If it's to be Critchley (which has seemed from the off to be the obvious choice), what do we know about him aside from the google info ?

I freely admit I know naff all about his character, but I'd love him to be less chatty than the last incumbent. Beale's constant wittering on with explanations was great to begin with, but even before the GR thing I was getting irritated with him talking for the sake of it

I'd like whoever is plonked into the hotseat to fly us under the radar a bit more, minimise the chat and concentrate on coaching the team

This team has the potential to do really well, but the off pitch circus is not constructive
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 9:40]
Neil Critchley on 09:41 - Dec 8 with 8202 viewsfrancisbowles

Neil Critchley on 09:37 - Dec 8 by hertshoops

If it's to be Critchley (which has seemed from the off to be the obvious choice), what do we know about him aside from the google info ?

I freely admit I know naff all about his character, but I'd love him to be less chatty than the last incumbent. Beale's constant wittering on with explanations was great to begin with, but even before the GR thing I was getting irritated with him talking for the sake of it

I'd like whoever is plonked into the hotseat to fly us under the radar a bit more, minimise the chat and concentrate on coaching the team

This team has the potential to do really well, but the off pitch circus is not constructive
[Post edited 8 Dec 2022 9:40]

Not going to happen with the club's media department, sky sports, click bait sites, talk shite etc etc.
Neil Critchley on 09:41 - Dec 8 with 8179 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I assume Paul Hart is one of the other 15.
Neil Critchley on 09:42 - Dec 8 with 8190 viewsEastR

Neil Critchley on 09:12 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

nearly there PP

When he left we were 7th. This time last year after the same number of games (21) we were 5th, 4 points better off with 35.
If the benchmark for MB was to compare with MW then he fell short when he left.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Neil Critchley on 09:49 - Dec 8 with 8144 viewsNorthernr

Neil Critchley on 09:12 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

He led us to sixth in October. By that benchmark, McClaren was a good manager for us.
Neil Critchley on 10:04 - Dec 8 with 8020 viewsted_hendrix

Stop faffing around and give this Neil bloke the bloody job, we've had a bloke called Neil In charge before, so what's the problem?

If my first name was Neil I'd apply for the job, what a palaver.

Get on with It before the UK freezes over.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Neil Critchley on 10:20 - Dec 8 with 7891 viewsDWQPR

Big question for me is does he have a mole on his face that you can see from the International Space Station?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Neil Critchley on 10:28 - Dec 8 with 7822 viewsdmm

Neil Critchley on 08:30 - Dec 8 by daveB

That would be a first for them to explain why they didn't go for certain candidates, we don't even know if any of that link was true in the first place

I wasn't thinking the club would say anything but thought some media bod might. Ian McCullough on Twitter said there was no club interest in Cifuentes so perhaps it was all made up anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024