Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WHY? 07:15 - Feb 2 with 5057 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Are so  many posts , so downbeat about our club . Yes, I understand that many are MORE focused on knocking Jones - even to the extent that they seem to rather prefer to watch Jones muck up - than really get behind our Saints ! Again some giving Bree stick on Tuesday night for having the audacity NOT to play to Prem League standards in the first half - but he improved considerably in the 2nd half --  Bloody hell guys - give the lads a chance !!!! Yes - Jones is still learning all about what makes his players tick , best combinations / systems ... BUT It does TAKE TIME !!   .......  I  do find some of NJ starting lineups/substitutes sometimes strange - but he does have his own ideas. .......... let's just see what he can achieve.

Even the club;'s board  have come to their senses WOW .......... A tall centre forward ( we now have another OPTION - WE NOW HAVE A TARGET MAN )  In my opinion a position we have been lacking FOR MANY YEARS - The last one was Manolo Gabbiadini who i saw at Villa park - Scoring a fantastic double for Saints at THE HOLT end .
Now for many years we have existed on short stickers that play wide and although very quick , make little impact ! and indanger of hitting the corner flag rather than the back of the net! 
 I do appreciate other folks' posts - they have their own opinions ........... BUT With the new signings - I'm excited !  The fact is that we still have EIGHTEEN Prem League games to play ! .............. so give the guys a bit of slack please .... and although I am going to get LOADS of stick - I am predicting that our Saints will finish14'th - 16 'th by the end of this season.                                                                                   COYS

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

WHY? on 21:34 - Feb 2 with 1161 viewsgrumpy

WHY? on 21:09 - Feb 2 by Meonsaint

If Nathan Jones proves the doubters (which include myself ) wrong then I will be the first to eat humble pie and admit my poor judgement of his ability when he was appointed in November.

I agree, lets be fair give the guy a chance and on the face of it there could be a couple of gems that we signed on deadline day that might be able to help us achieve survival.
My beef is with Martin Semmens for not hiring a proven Premiership Manager, of course Nathan Jones is going to accept a Head Coach role for a team in the best league in the world in the blink of an eye.

I absolutely hate it when Saints lose, I can't bring myself to watch Match Of The Day or listen to Talk Sport with all of the pundits tipping us to go down.
Sadly the inexperience of Jones shone through on Tuesday night. All day before the match I had in my mind that we were going to give the ball to Edozie as much as possible to attack the big lanky steark of pee Burn, have Armstrong and Adams pressing high up the pitch like a couple terriers and forcing the Newcastle defence into errors. Jones always says he wants his players to be bold and play without fear so as a Saints fan and like many of my mates we were expecting us to have a right good go and put the fear of God into the Geordies.
I could not believe the line up when it was announced. No Edozie, Lavia or Perraud who in my opinion been our best players of late, Walker-Peters at left back when it didn't work in the first leg, a rookie at right back, and Bottler Bednarek at CB who has played only 45 minutes all season.

I understand that football is all about opinions but Jones without a shadow of a doubt lost the tie in the first 20 minutes through his inexcusable crap selection. When he finally realiased that by playing Perraud at left back gives us a natural balance, Walker-Peters has a more attack threat at right back, Edozie can scare any defence with his trickery and Lavia is a classy midfielder that had Newcastle back peddling it was just too late and the game was over.

The turning point was Armstrong clean through one on one with Pope. Ings would have gone round him and it would have been game on for the last 15 miniutes.
I care passionately about my club as much as anyone else on here.

If you see my constructive criticism as "moaning" well so be it, 50 years of watching Saints I think I am qualified to be upset and express my disappointment as it still hurts to see my team lose today as much as Anderlecht in 1977, Forest at Wembley in 1979 them scouse gits in 84 and 86 semi finals, Redkrapp's team against United last game of the season in 2005 plus the FA Cup home 1-4 mauling by the Skates.

3 points against Brentford on Saturday and I might just break my dry to date 2023.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 21:35]

Meonsaint, you put your point across very powerfully.
Jones did lose the Newcastle game before kickoff, and I can only hope he is learning from his mistakes.
We have brought in two players on the face of it very good players,so I am more hopeful that we can pull clear,one can only hope.
I too 'absolutely hate it when Saints lose, I can't bring myself to watch Match Of The Day either.
I have been watching Saints for 50 years and its often a rollercoaster of a ride.
The three most painful games I have seen Saints lose were
1.Highbury 84
2.Fratton Park losing 4-1 to Pompey
3.St.Marys losing again 4-1 to Pompey
Those games took me a long time to get over.
Grumpy for the rest of the season is going to make a long overdue return to St.Marys.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 21:34]
WHY? on 21:47 - Feb 2 with 1141 viewsBazza

WHY? on 20:07 - Feb 2 by MytchettSaint

What has explaining why fans just might feel a little less joyful about the last three seasons got to do with a jibe about leaving at halftime?

If anything, I stay to the end to beat the rush these days.

I’ve said I refuse to join in with the Jones bashing, ergo I’m not likely to be getting on said young (or old) players backs.

Mind how you go and good evening to you Mr Semmens.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 20:11]

Think you read my comments too quickly. I was referring to watching the Saints in 3 Divisions over many years.
My comment about leaving at half time was meant to say we are only something over halfway through the season with poor position but it is too early to make gloomy conclusions about the season, especially with the new recruits joining.
WHY? on 21:47 - Feb 2 with 1140 viewsMeonsaint

WHY? on 21:34 - Feb 2 by grumpy

Meonsaint, you put your point across very powerfully.
Jones did lose the Newcastle game before kickoff, and I can only hope he is learning from his mistakes.
We have brought in two players on the face of it very good players,so I am more hopeful that we can pull clear,one can only hope.
I too 'absolutely hate it when Saints lose, I can't bring myself to watch Match Of The Day either.
I have been watching Saints for 50 years and its often a rollercoaster of a ride.
The three most painful games I have seen Saints lose were
1.Highbury 84
2.Fratton Park losing 4-1 to Pompey
3.St.Marys losing again 4-1 to Pompey
Those games took me a long time to get over.
Grumpy for the rest of the season is going to make a long overdue return to St.Marys.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 21:34]

Highbury 84 was particularily painful as we had a great side that year and were favourites to win the cup.
The lairy Scousers looking for trouble all day, the most ever Saints fans arrested at a match, 125 detained by the Met. Our coach back to the Spinnaker was a long, miserable journey.
I have not been to Nottarf Krap since the evening game of April 76 so thankfully didn't have to endure the 4-1 loss when Michael Svensson injured himself.
I do however despise those Caravan Dwelling Pikey Gypos as much as the Scousers.
WHY? on 23:14 - Feb 2 with 1073 viewsMytchettSaint

WHY? on 21:47 - Feb 2 by Bazza

Think you read my comments too quickly. I was referring to watching the Saints in 3 Divisions over many years.
My comment about leaving at half time was meant to say we are only something over halfway through the season with poor position but it is too early to make gloomy conclusions about the season, especially with the new recruits joining.

Apologies Bazza, a good analogy in that case.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

WHY? on 01:33 - Feb 3 with 1057 viewsScoot

How are so many of you defending us when we have been struggling at the bottom of the league for four+ years when we were the 18th richest club on earth at the time?
Since Koeman left we have struggled and Ralph had a shit deal. He was a better manager than we allowed him to be. Constantly promised this player and that than getting kids from other teams' academies. I'd say if he was given the chance NJ has been given we wouldn't be where we are? Would we f<ck.CP, MP & MH were shit but this bloke takes the biscuit and you know if we go down he'll say it was God's will. I guarantee it.

Poll: Should NJ go?

WHY? on 11:44 - Feb 4 with 904 viewsdwayne_dibley

WHY? on 01:33 - Feb 3 by Scoot

How are so many of you defending us when we have been struggling at the bottom of the league for four+ years when we were the 18th richest club on earth at the time?
Since Koeman left we have struggled and Ralph had a shit deal. He was a better manager than we allowed him to be. Constantly promised this player and that than getting kids from other teams' academies. I'd say if he was given the chance NJ has been given we wouldn't be where we are? Would we f<ck.CP, MP & MH were shit but this bloke takes the biscuit and you know if we go down he'll say it was God's will. I guarantee it.

God seems to be copping for everything at the moment, suprised he/she/them/it has not gone to an employment tribunal to claim constructive dismissal

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

WHY? on 12:11 - Feb 4 with 894 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ve just had a read of spazweb for the first time in ages after someone mentioned it on the Sadoldgit thread. If people think the moaning here is that bad, have a read of their Brentford thread…wow!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 12:37]

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

WHY? on 15:52 - Feb 4 with 840 viewsHeisenberg

Because we have the ex YEOVIL and LUTON manager. We have a transfer policy akin to buying calf’s for fattening up before selling them for profit. And because we are going down with a joke of a manager in charge.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Login to get fewer ads

WHY? on 15:56 - Feb 4 with 830 viewsSouthamptonfan

Why?

Because we are rooted the bottom of the league, have appointed a terrible manager, Everton appoint an experienced strong manager who will keep them up and we are going down. One PL win in 20 games, it's terrible, terrible.

Sorry but there is blind faith and reality.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

WHY? on 16:01 - Feb 4 with 802 viewsTimSaint

Watch the 24 seconds that follow the restart from 1-0 down and it will give you the answer :-)

TimSaint

WHY? on 16:06 - Feb 4 with 793 viewsMeonsaint

Why? because our performances are actually getting worse. He has had zero positive impact on the team.
Only he knows why he plays Diallo and Elynoussi. Both can't tackle, pass, head, track runners or do anything to help the team. The first goal Elynoussi let Mee have a free header and for the second, Diallo never ran back to help out in the most crucial area of the pitch ie the penalty area.
I am at the end of my tether with Jones now. He has to go, he is a bloody useless manager.
WHY? on 16:20 - Feb 4 with 759 viewscocklebreath

Because our manager is a c@nt

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

WHY? on 16:26 - Feb 4 with 745 viewsMrangry25

WHY? on 16:20 - Feb 4 by cocklebreath

Because our manager is a c@nt

Just watch the game today and you will know why, the bloke is a useless sheep shagging welsh t**t, just put Walcott on ffs
WHY? on 16:29 - Feb 4 with 740 viewsMeonsaint

WHY? on 16:26 - Feb 4 by Mrangry25

Just watch the game today and you will know why, the bloke is a useless sheep shagging welsh t**t, just put Walcott on ffs

Plus he has taken our 2 best players off Lavia and Edozie. What a complete and utter knob is our Manager. Walcott FFS !
WHY? on 16:29 - Feb 4 with 739 viewsTimSaint

We have forgotten how to win
5 wins out of 32 games tells it all

We regularly play useless cvnts that couldn't get in a poor Saints side last season, or luxury players like Edozie that have no end result, yet expect to win games !!

TimSaint

WHY? on 16:35 - Feb 4 with 719 views1885_SFC

WHY? on 16:29 - Feb 4 by Meonsaint

Plus he has taken our 2 best players off Lavia and Edozie. What a complete and utter knob is our Manager. Walcott FFS !

Lavia was playing well and looked even better with the 2 new subs on at HT.

Once again though, the Welsh gimp takes him off on 60 minutes... and Lavia's face said it all as he strolled off. We'll do well to keep Lavia past the Summer - especially with this knob in charge.

Old School is Cool

WHY? on 16:38 - Feb 4 with 713 viewsRon11

WHY? on 16:29 - Feb 4 by TimSaint

We have forgotten how to win
5 wins out of 32 games tells it all

We regularly play useless cvnts that couldn't get in a poor Saints side last season, or luxury players like Edozie that have no end result, yet expect to win games !!

Meanwhile, Everton are 1-0 up against Arsenal, the top team.
If you want to ask WHY, WHY did they not bring in Sean Dyche?
WHY?
WHY? on 16:45 - Feb 4 with 694 viewsSouthamptonfan

WHY? on 16:38 - Feb 4 by Ron11

WHY?

We have a board / owners who live a fantasy world. Instead of appointing a well dressed, thoroughly experienced strong headed man in Dyche or even the Wolves manager (ex Real Madrid and Spain manager), they go for a manager they think has POTENTIAL and can DEVELOP. They do the same with the inexperienced players they bring in. They might be investing, but they are totally warped from an alien planet.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 16:47]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

WHY? on 16:48 - Feb 4 with 672 viewsMrangry25

WHY? on 16:38 - Feb 4 by Ron11

WHY?

Same as Tuesday night. Bree on instead of KWP at right back, Perraud on the bench after scoring 2 on the Saturday, now the twa* changes it all again and we are getting dicked 3-0. The question Why are the fans not supporting i think the answer lies in the last few games, and to top it off THEO WALCOTT is brought on in place of Lavia. I rest my case.
WHY? on 16:56 - Feb 4 with 650 viewsMeonsaint

WHY? on 16:48 - Feb 4 by Mrangry25

Same as Tuesday night. Bree on instead of KWP at right back, Perraud on the bench after scoring 2 on the Saturday, now the twa* changes it all again and we are getting dicked 3-0. The question Why are the fans not supporting i think the answer lies in the last few games, and to top it off THEO WALCOTT is brought on in place of Lavia. I rest my case.

Another miserable Saturday night.
WHY? on 16:56 - Feb 4 with 650 viewsRon11

'Let's just see what he can achieve'
WHY? on 17:01 - Feb 4 with 641 viewsTripleNiemi

WHY? on 16:56 - Feb 4 by Meonsaint

Another miserable Saturday night.

I dunno, another step towards departing the shîte that is the PL…..I mean, no point being in it if you don’t aim to compete
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:03]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

WHY? on 17:02 - Feb 4 with 635 viewsPatfromPoole

WHY? on 21:47 - Feb 2 by Bazza

Well, this aged well….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

WHY? on 17:32 - Feb 4 with 583 viewsMrangry25

WHY? on 17:01 - Feb 4 by TripleNiemi

I dunno, another step towards departing the shîte that is the PL…..I mean, no point being in it if you don’t aim to compete
[Post edited 4 Feb 2023 17:03]

Agreed, tbh i am fed up with the PL, top 10 and the rest cannon fodder so the plastic fans keep the money rolling in the Sly Sports marketing machine telling verhorne it is the best league in the world which it is not, but it is the best marketed league in the world.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024