Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are the club waiting for? 15:25 - Feb 6 with 3143 viewsgrumpy

Are we really going to let Jones carryon for another game or for the rest of the season until we are relegated then sack him,whats the point of that?
Who's the more incompetent Jones or the Board?
Its like we are going down without a fight, that's very unlike the Saints I used to know.
My optimism with the new signings has gone.
Saints with Jones at the helm is just to painful . clubs in Europe
Anyone comparing his time at Luton and how they played to the best clubs in Europe.................
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 17:46]
What are the club waiting for? on 15:44 - Feb 6 with 3048 viewsoncebitterne

Well, the travelling fans at Brentford were shouting at NJ 'you don't know what you're doing'. Seems to me that applies equally to the Management or whoever was or is responsible for hiring or keeping him.
If RH had had these reinforcements at the beginning of the season we would be mid-table by now.
From the start we have gone from
Relegation = Unlikely to Possible to Probable to Certain.
Let's hope they sort it out before Saturday!
COYR
What are the club waiting for? on 16:21 - Feb 6 with 2932 viewsMattFinish

Realistically we have Wolves (h), Palace (h) & Bournemouth (h) that we could possibly win and Leeds (a), Leicester(h) & WHU (a) that we could possibly draw
So unless there’s a cosmic change we’re looking at maximum 12 points yet we’re throwing away the possible 3 points v Wolves by not sacking Jones
It’s all irrelevant really because we’re down
What are the club waiting for? on 17:49 - Feb 6 with 2813 viewsgrumpy

What are the club waiting for? on 16:21 - Feb 6 by MattFinish

Realistically we have Wolves (h), Palace (h) & Bournemouth (h) that we could possibly win and Leeds (a), Leicester(h) & WHU (a) that we could possibly draw
So unless there’s a cosmic change we’re looking at maximum 12 points yet we’re throwing away the possible 3 points v Wolves by not sacking Jones
It’s all irrelevant really because we’re down

Sadly I think you're right,Matt
Today they just might have given us a chance,not now.
Even if we get something at Wolves.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 17:50]
What are the club waiting for? on 17:54 - Feb 6 with 2779 viewsMattFinish

What are the club waiting for? on 17:49 - Feb 6 by grumpy

Sadly I think you're right,Matt
Today they just might have given us a chance,not now.
Even if we get something at Wolves.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 17:50]

It’s Bonkers Grumps, we lose against Wolves, sack Jones and the new manager has a couple of days before going away to Chelsea
What do the owners think is going to happen, Jones will suddenly turn this round? Like he did at Stoke?
What are the club waiting for? on 18:12 - Feb 6 with 2717 viewsgrumpy

What are the club waiting for? on 17:54 - Feb 6 by MattFinish

It’s Bonkers Grumps, we lose against Wolves, sack Jones and the new manager has a couple of days before going away to Chelsea
What do the owners think is going to happen, Jones will suddenly turn this round? Like he did at Stoke?

To be honest the owners are part of the problem,they employed him in the first place.
You would have thought having seen the massive fallout after the Brentford game they would have seen the light.
I really wanted to see those two new players start at Brentford,what does he do! sits them on the bench until the second half when we are 2-0 down.
Then he takes off Lavia and Edozie our two most creative players and replaces them with Alcaraz(who must wonder whats going on) and Walcott.
He is absolutely clueless.
What are the club waiting for? on 19:09 - Feb 6 with 2556 viewsericofarabia

I think the delay is getting Jacob Murphy down from Newcastle to Wave him Goodbye as he leaves the building, as an act of Atonement for the DCC incident 😉
What are the club waiting for? on 19:11 - Feb 6 with 2548 views1885_SFC

2019 - just after he was sacked at Stoke. It all sounds a tad familiar:

"The Welshman was not blameless in his sacking, however. Constant chopping and changing of personnel, formations and tactics led to confused and disjointed performances, and his in-game substitutions left many supporters scratching their heads."

Old School is Cool

What are the club waiting for? on 19:12 - Feb 6 with 2546 viewsGRIM

I've said it for a long time.
The incentive for Managers & Players is to fail.
They get ridiculously long contracts which means that regardless of how they perform they're guaranteed that salary for the period of the contract.
If they get sacked they get paid the remainder of their contract,
Where is the incentive to do well.
They also know that if they're sacked that they will get another job or another club within a few weeks.
It's a crazy situation, what other occupation would you be guaranteed a salary for possibly 5 yrs or more.
Nathan Jones will soon become another manager that has failed to do the job he was employed to do & gets the a lump sum equivalent to the balance of their contract (in his case 4yrs).
He publicly stated that he has failed to do what he's employed to do, so he's in breach of contract & should go with nothing.
Login to get fewer ads

What are the club waiting for? on 20:33 - Feb 6 with 2386 viewsHeisenberg

Just listened to Radio 5. I can’t ever recall a group of pundits all saying the same thing and being so scathing about a manager. All of them agreed there is no way back for Jones after his comments. The club need to act now. The fans want him out. God only knows what the players think. Jones picks a mad team. Wolves score an early score and things will get ugly.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

What are the club waiting for? on 20:50 - Feb 6 with 2334 viewsRon11

What are the club waiting for? on 20:33 - Feb 6 by Heisenberg

Just listened to Radio 5. I can’t ever recall a group of pundits all saying the same thing and being so scathing about a manager. All of them agreed there is no way back for Jones after his comments. The club need to act now. The fans want him out. God only knows what the players think. Jones picks a mad team. Wolves score an early score and things will get ugly.

And as if it wasn't bad enough already, Ward Prowse is now spouting off about the 'naivety' of the younger players FFS.
Before too long, nobody will want to play for this club.
What are the club waiting for? on 21:19 - Feb 6 with 2259 viewsgrumpy

What are the club waiting for? on 20:50 - Feb 6 by Ron11

And as if it wasn't bad enough already, Ward Prowse is now spouting off about the 'naivety' of the younger players FFS.
Before too long, nobody will want to play for this club.

'naivety'..... they are young players who just need guidance.
We have some excellent young players.
When Lawrie put his teams together he mixed his youth with quality experience and it worked.
Watch when we go down these naive players go to other clubs and excel.
The board wasn't wrong in getting these young players the mistake was not having the quality, experience of older players to work with.
Then they employ Nathan Jones.
Ward Prowse shouldn't be Captain.Good at free kicks but little else.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 21:22]
What are the club waiting for? on 21:33 - Feb 6 with 2214 viewskingslandstand1

As fans, do we do what Everton did and REALLY get vociferous? Serious threats to the board, industrial made banners demanding a change and actually letting the world outside SFC understand the feelings?

Or do we wait until the outcome of the fans Forum and see what happens? It will probably be too late by then anyway but at least try and get behind the team on the field?

Will it do any good during the game of play though when we do actually need a win? Will it all have a negative affect on those that are actually trying despite not being good enough. God knows what the new guys are thinking! Probably that at least they have doubled whatever salary theu were on before t=for the next 4 years or so!
What are the club waiting for? on 21:42 - Feb 6 with 2175 views1885_SFC

What are the club waiting for? on 21:33 - Feb 6 by kingslandstand1

As fans, do we do what Everton did and REALLY get vociferous? Serious threats to the board, industrial made banners demanding a change and actually letting the world outside SFC understand the feelings?

Or do we wait until the outcome of the fans Forum and see what happens? It will probably be too late by then anyway but at least try and get behind the team on the field?

Will it do any good during the game of play though when we do actually need a win? Will it all have a negative affect on those that are actually trying despite not being good enough. God knows what the new guys are thinking! Probably that at least they have doubled whatever salary theu were on before t=for the next 4 years or so!

Hopefully the new guys (and the rest of the team) feel like we do ; Jones's days are numbered & they're biding time until a new & capable manager emerges.

Old School is Cool

What are the club waiting for? on 21:46 - Feb 6 with 2170 viewsForeverred

What are the club waiting for? on 15:44 - Feb 6 by oncebitterne

Well, the travelling fans at Brentford were shouting at NJ 'you don't know what you're doing'. Seems to me that applies equally to the Management or whoever was or is responsible for hiring or keeping him.
If RH had had these reinforcements at the beginning of the season we would be mid-table by now.
From the start we have gone from
Relegation = Unlikely to Possible to Probable to Certain.
Let's hope they sort it out before Saturday!
COYR

Apparently rasmus ankersen a long time admirer of Jones, wanted him at Brentford, when he was on the board there, but Brentford eventually stuck with their then interim boss Thomas Frank's in 2018, a decision that has paid off handsomely.
Apparently Rasmus was delighted to have eventually landed him at Southampton. Now We are to expect some radical changes from Jones with flying wing backs and high tempo football and a preferred 4.4.2 formation. So now he will take charge of the squad and do it his way without any interference from some of the senior squad and take the attitude of my way or the highway, I will sink or swim if the results don't improve, so the wolves game is a massive game nothing else but a win will do or it may well be the highway for Mr Jones.
What are the club waiting for? on 22:14 - Feb 6 with 2102 viewskingslandstand1

What are the club waiting for? on 21:42 - Feb 6 by 1885_SFC

Hopefully the new guys (and the rest of the team) feel like we do ; Jones's days are numbered & they're biding time until a new & capable manager emerges.

How I should have closed the post above was probably to say that I don't really think that is the route to go down re the abuse and banners as it could totally backfire, particularly at the game on Saturday but it seemed to work for the Toffees. Although it seems that there are not that many neutrals and pundits etc seem to be saying that he should be given time or that he's not doing oo badly

Just wondered how others would feel if the fans did go that way?
What are the club waiting for? on 22:30 - Feb 6 with 2055 viewsSouthamptonfan

What are the club waiting for? on 22:14 - Feb 6 by kingslandstand1

How I should have closed the post above was probably to say that I don't really think that is the route to go down re the abuse and banners as it could totally backfire, particularly at the game on Saturday but it seemed to work for the Toffees. Although it seems that there are not that many neutrals and pundits etc seem to be saying that he should be given time or that he's not doing oo badly

Just wondered how others would feel if the fans did go that way?

I think we need Everton style protests. As far as I can see, West Ham fans demanded change a few years back and ended up in the European cup final. Everton fans got Dyche and have just beaten Arsenal. Our fans need to get nasty and demand what we deserve.

One win at home all season?
Previous to that in the previous season, we lost the final 15 games or something stupid like that.
A load of unproven naive young players on the pitch.
The appointment of an inexperienced, unproven headcase as manager.

I for one have had enough. It's time for protests.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What are the club waiting for? on 09:54 - Feb 7 with 1735 viewsCapt_Koons

We need to protest and protest loudly. But Jones is a symptoms of the problem, not the problem itself. The problem is this Rasmus Ankersen fella. Self publicis snake oil salesmen.
Hes the one who appointed Jones against all obvious evidence that he would be out of his depth.
It's Dragan who I feel sorry for, he's had his pockets picked by this Danish chancer.

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

What are the club waiting for? on 10:04 - Feb 7 with 1724 viewsMattFinish

I’m really struggling to understand the decision to give Jones a stay of execution. How long will this extend.
I’m assuming if he loses to Wolves he’s toast. I’m guessing having dropping 4 potential starters to the B team and throwing the rest under the bus the players aren’t going to be motivated for Wolves and we’ll drop 3 valuable points
If he does somehow win the likelihood is Chelsea will pump us in the following game so then what? Does he get the chop then or do they wait til the Leeds game?
So if he beats Wolves and loses to Chelsea and Leeds we’ve dropped another 6 points
I think it’s odds on we’ll lose to Wolves and he’ll be gone so why not sack him now, say to Selles prove what you can do against Wolves and get a new man in for a free hit against Chelsea
What are the club waiting for? on 15:42 - Feb 7 with 1565 viewsChesham_Saint

What are the club waiting for? on 10:04 - Feb 7 by MattFinish

I’m really struggling to understand the decision to give Jones a stay of execution. How long will this extend.
I’m assuming if he loses to Wolves he’s toast. I’m guessing having dropping 4 potential starters to the B team and throwing the rest under the bus the players aren’t going to be motivated for Wolves and we’ll drop 3 valuable points
If he does somehow win the likelihood is Chelsea will pump us in the following game so then what? Does he get the chop then or do they wait til the Leeds game?
So if he beats Wolves and loses to Chelsea and Leeds we’ve dropped another 6 points
I think it’s odds on we’ll lose to Wolves and he’ll be gone so why not sack him now, say to Selles prove what you can do against Wolves and get a new man in for a free hit against Chelsea

Every time I come on here I expect/hope to see a new thread 'Jones Gone'. But no, just more dithering from a rudderless board of directors.

What the fvck does it take to make these tossers see sense? Fvck me, Saul had a clearer view before he set out for Damascus.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 15:43]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

What are the club waiting for? on 15:52 - Feb 7 with 1534 viewsdwayne_dibley

What are the club waiting for? on 15:42 - Feb 7 by Chesham_Saint

Every time I come on here I expect/hope to see a new thread 'Jones Gone'. But no, just more dithering from a rudderless board of directors.

What the fvck does it take to make these tossers see sense? Fvck me, Saul had a clearer view before he set out for Damascus.

he had guidance from a camel

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

What are the club waiting for? on 16:05 - Feb 7 with 1503 viewsgrumpy

What are the club waiting for? on 15:42 - Feb 7 by Chesham_Saint

The incompetence shown in appointing Jones in the first place is now being shown in keeping him as manager.
Why when you have spent all that money and find yourselves bottom of the division do the club insist in carrying on like this just mystifies me.
What are the club waiting for? on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 1452 viewsBerber

What are the club waiting for? on 21:19 - Feb 6 by grumpy

'naivety'..... they are young players who just need guidance.
We have some excellent young players.
When Lawrie put his teams together he mixed his youth with quality experience and it worked.
Watch when we go down these naive players go to other clubs and excel.
The board wasn't wrong in getting these young players the mistake was not having the quality, experience of older players to work with.
Then they employ Nathan Jones.
Ward Prowse shouldn't be Captain.Good at free kicks but little else.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 21:22]

A little harsh on JWP, but I have posted before that he is not a leader on the pitch. The younger players can only do their best if p[picked,, but who picked them? NJs selections have been proved to be wrong and harmful to consistency and team momentum, apart from the matter of playing Diallo (yes, I have a beef) who consistently gives the ball away in dangerous areas.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024