Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to get realistic ! 13:10 - Feb 8 with 2495 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Following last evenings Fans Forum. I UNDERSTAND some of the frustrations that some fans expressed, and agree with some of your comments . BUT, I am bewildered WHY our fans did not express their anger and frustrations, like the majority did last night - while we had the Argentinian idiot  Mauricio Pellegrino in charge, month after month he demonstrated - that he didn't have a clue ,this was amerably backed up by the fact that his next club that he so called " managed " was Spanish La Lega ,Club Deportivo Leganés, THEY , got relegated the very first season that he was in charged ! 
Why did our fans not give him grief - like they are doing to Jones ?  I firstly gave Pellegrino my backing until he proved to the whole footballing industry - That he did not " Have any clue or ideas " of how to manage our CLUB ! ............. We had to endure him in charge for 9 months - eventually with " The last throw of the dice " the board sacked him - with 8 games of the season left to play !  ( Incidentally I personally feel that watching the F.F. - I think the board - Have not given up on saving our season - or Jones ) but will be watching very closely and looking for improvements in all departments - and will make appropriate decisions quickly and as necessary. 

Some posts complain about the dross that WE ALL had to put up with week after week - with total justification ............. So you didn't enjoy the Saints 2  Man City 0 game  then ?  in my opinion there was improvement , not enough I grant you -------- and it will be interesting how Jones fits in our 2 new strikers - as well as all our youngsters , come on ...............  give him a break guys , he has only been with us just a few weeks.
So let's get realistic - 17 League games to go , with possibilities of a Wembley visit - NO individual cannot change anything in the next 2 months ...... Hold your own views on things, about your club by all means ..... But , NEGATIVITY does not help anyone , can we all now for the next 2 months  ............. Get behind our Saints - then see where we are please !    It's a mearsure of how strong your supporters club is - when the chips are against you .                                       COYS.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Time to get realistic ! on 13:38 - Feb 8 with 2415 viewsmushinexile

Complete twaddle. Jones and the board have failed the club and drained the life out of it.
Time to get realistic ! on 14:12 - Feb 8 with 2338 viewsChesham_Saint

Time to get realistic ! on 13:38 - Feb 8 by mushinexile

Complete twaddle. Jones and the board have failed the club and drained the life out of it.

Concise and accurate.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Time to get realistic ! on 14:29 - Feb 8 with 2304 viewssaints__fan__73

Is your full stop key stuck?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Time to get realistic ! on 14:59 - Feb 8 with 2267 viewscocklebreath

Please stop with this utter Bollox, it’s unreadable.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Time to get realistic ! on 15:02 - Feb 8 with 2259 viewsChesham_Saint

You gotta love ASIS. Yes, we could all 'pull together' and I'm sure we would around a credible leader.

Leeds, Villa, Everton sack better managers than him, yet we're expected to suck it up.

Tell me why, other than mindless loyalty, I should leave my family for 12 hours and do a 260 mile round trip to watch that miserable bastard fanny around? I've done it for every single other manager since Ted (and each had a down spell, this is SFC after all!) , but not for this cretin.

And if I feel that way, then a LOT of others do too.

Get rid.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 15:49]

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Time to get realistic ! on 15:10 - Feb 8 with 2249 viewssaints__fan__73

ASOS is a Pompey fan, yes?

Anyone actually from Stoke would be aware of what a terrible manager Jones is.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Time to get realistic ! on 15:18 - Feb 8 with 2223 viewsBerber

Doh!
Time to get realistic ! on 15:37 - Feb 8 with 2189 viewsPaleRider

It's a combination of:

1) Jones has made a bad situation worse when, based on the recent fixture list we should be higher in the table;
2) He appears to be deluded and completely lacking in empathy with fans, players etc;
3) With Pellegrino, we had a shite owner who wasn't involved in the club so our hands were largely tied.

Just giving my personal opinion, ASIS: writing some words in capitals really doesn't make what you write seem more meaningful or credible. For me it has the opposite effect. I'm afraid I operate in a world where how you write is a measure of credibility. As a result, I start by reading your posts in a negative light - even before I've read them! When I read them, my opinion tends not to change!
Login to get fewer ads

Time to get realistic ! on 17:55 - Feb 8 with 2013 viewsRon11

Time to get realistic ! on 15:10 - Feb 8 by saints__fan__73

ASOS is a Pompey fan, yes?

Anyone actually from Stoke would be aware of what a terrible manager Jones is.

He's also an obnoxious little tw*t who fu cking loves himself.
Time to get realistic ! on 18:28 - Feb 8 with 1944 viewsSteveMoron

Nice try Nathan. I thought you left Stoke?
Time to get realistic ! on 20:58 - Feb 8 with 1762 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Time to get realistic ! on 14:59 - Feb 8 by cocklebreath

Please stop with this utter Bollox, it’s unreadable.

I respect that you and your mates posts  --  have opposing opinions to mine, fair enough - but don't revert to gutter language when commenting on me personally - you don't know me , and I doubt that you ever will , when writing personal posts about me ........... we will never see eye to eye, and no doubt you will reply with more abuse, coz I do not agree with you.
I have a voice and so does anyone on here ---- Hell !!  We are to BOTH SUPPORT our Saints team , and wish them to pull away from the foot of the Premiership !  Don't we ?
I don't feel it is wise to jettison Jones at any cost ............... at this present time ! and by giving him a couple of months - to prove to us all , that he is worthy to be our manager.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 21:04]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Time to get realistic ! on 21:02 - Feb 8 with 1750 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Time to get realistic ! on 17:55 - Feb 8 by Ron11

He's also an obnoxious little tw*t who fu cking loves himself.

I respect that you and your mates posts  --  have opposing opinions to mine, fair enough - but don't revert to gutter language when commenting on me personally - you don't know me , and I doubt that you ever will , when writing personal posts about me ........... we will never see eye to eye, and no doubt you will reply with more abuse, coz I do not agree with you.
I have a voice and so does anyone on here ---- Hell !!  We are to BOTH SUPPORT our Saints team , and wish them to pull away from the foot of the Premiership !  Don't we ?
I don't feel it is unwise to jettison Jones at any cost ............... at this present time ! and by giving him a couple of months - to prove to us all , that he is worthy to be our manager.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 21:08]

Time to get realistic ! on 21:11 - Feb 8 with 1692 viewsRon11

Time to get realistic ! on 21:02 - Feb 8 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I don't feel it is unwise to jettison Jones at any cost ............... at this present time ! and by giving him a couple of months - to prove to us all , that he is worthy to be our manager.

I wasn't commenting on you at all, you're welcome to your opinion.
I was referring to the Toxic Taff.
Time to get realistic ! on 21:17 - Feb 8 with 1675 viewsButty101

To Be FaiR, YoU DO spout a LOAD oF GaSh.

Do you go and watch Saints? Ive been to 7 home games this season and enjoyed one, spending a fortune for the process.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Time to get realistic ! on 23:07 - Feb 8 with 1564 viewsMattFinish

Time to get realistic ! on 20:58 - Feb 8 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I don't feel it is wise to jettison Jones at any cost ............... at this present time ! and by giving him a couple of months - to prove to us all , that he is worthy to be our manager.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 21:04]

I think you’ll probably find every single Saints fan has a different opinion to you but nevertheless I’ll have a pint of what you’re drinking
Time to get realistic ! on 23:51 - Feb 8 with 1523 viewskentsouthampton

Time to get realistic ! on 14:29 - Feb 8 by saints__fan__73

Is your full stop key stuck?

He's so thick his keyboard is censoring him.
Time to get realistic ! on 08:08 - Feb 9 with 1359 viewsHeisenberg

I agree with you that there is no need for personal insults. I respect your opinion and your right to express it.

Saying that what is it you see in Jones that indicates he should be given more time
? Results have been awful. He doesn’t know his best team. He appears to have lost the dressing room and above all else his press interviews have been a complete car crash revealing him to be a deluded angry self obsessed nut job who has made the club a laughing stock. I haven’t heard one pundit, ex player or fan express support for this idiot apart from you ? And you want to give him more time ?

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Time to get realistic ! on 09:05 - Feb 9 with 1292 viewsBerber

Dear Mrs Jones,

We understand. Even when you love somebody, living with them is not always plain sailing. It comes as no surprise that you decided to remain in Stoke when Nathan moved back down south. It is admirable that your loyalty keeps you “in the game” as it were.

In past years, on many fans forums throughout the country, Stoke fans were mocked for their unduly high expectations, but Mark Hughes was able to steer things back to reality there. Luckily, the Southampton board very soon recognised the error of their judgement, and got rid of him before he repeated history with us. Hopefully, the current board will see things similarly, and do the right thing.

On a personal note, many, many marital relationships go through fractured communication, but those that stick it out, generally look back and think, “Well, this isn’t at all what I envisioned and hoped for, but as I sit here in my slippers, with a cup of tea, I can imagine it was all tickety boo.”

In business though, it just isn’t like that, Mad Nat is for the exit door, sooner rather than later.
Time to get realistic ! on 11:05 - Feb 9 with 1202 viewsSonicBoom

For me Jones is very much in the last chance saloon. He has a reasonable squad, certainly one that is better than bottom of the league. He's has two new shiny attacking options including the big man up front. He's bought in a defender that he knows well.
So now he needs to turn results around.

For me he hasn't helped himself by making some strange decision such as Bednarek and Walcott. It's almost like he was trying to show he knows better than everyone else. He compounded that by having a very cocky attitude that didn't endear himself to the fans. I know he needs to be the boss but getting the fans onside would have helped him immensely. Ralph was very good at that and I'm convinced he bought himself a lot more time because the fans actually liked him.

Unfortunately for him, he now has no time left. He needs to start winning now starting with Wolves. Currently we look doomed - but that can all change with one good performance. A couple of goals from the new boys and suddenly there would be an injection of belief throughout the club and the fans.
We are far from down yet and there are plenty of games left. But we need to see improvement within the next game or two or it may well be too late for anyone to save us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024