Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. 16:05 - Feb 14 with 2009 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/59598/jesse-marsch-is-no

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 16:05 - Feb 14 with 2000 viewssaints__fan__73

But is he a Poundshop Hassenhutl?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 16:18 - Feb 14 with 1936 viewsBridders2

If he swaps Bedanrek with Caleta-Car and plays Stewart Armstrong he'll be fine.
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 17:51 - Feb 14 with 1761 viewsMattFinish

You’ve got to admire Ankersen, it must have been very difficult scouring the managerial possibilities and coming up with someone actually worse than Jones
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 17:56 - Feb 14 with 1745 viewsSteveMoron

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 17:51 - Feb 14 by MattFinish

You’ve got to admire Ankersen, it must have been very difficult scouring the managerial possibilities and coming up with someone actually worse than Jones

We've got to be grateful somebody like him wants the job!
Not many would risk relegation on their cv.
Worse than Jones?🙄 We'll see......
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 18:41 - Feb 14 with 1674 viewsgrumpy

Lets be honest the owners are panicking because Jones was a disaster.
Yes! its not certain yet,but relegation is very likely.
Jones had some very good games to gain points.the next manager has not.
I would have given Rubén Sellés a chance at least until the end of the season.
Rubén Sellés would not cost a fortune either.
There are managers out there that would jump at the chance of taking Saints back to the Premiership next season.
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 19:02 - Feb 14 with 1586 viewsCapt_Koons

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 18:41 - Feb 14 by grumpy

Lets be honest the owners are panicking because Jones was a disaster.
Yes! its not certain yet,but relegation is very likely.
Jones had some very good games to gain points.the next manager has not.
I would have given Rubén Sellés a chance at least until the end of the season.
Rubén Sellés would not cost a fortune either.
There are managers out there that would jump at the chance of taking Saints back to the Premiership next season.

Yes on balance I think I agree. Its not impossible staying up but very difficult from where we are, and I think spending the next 5 months getting the appointment 100% right, would be better then starting off next season with another dead weight manager

Poll: If our new manager is a success, which club will he be managing in 2 years time?

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 19:23 - Feb 14 with 1558 viewsPaleRider

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 19:02 - Feb 14 by Capt_Koons

Yes on balance I think I agree. Its not impossible staying up but very difficult from where we are, and I think spending the next 5 months getting the appointment 100% right, would be better then starting off next season with another dead weight manager

Agreed - the chances o a new manager saving us are slim. I think giving Selles, who already knows the players, may be the best thing to do. We wouldn't be wasting money if we did that either.
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 19:42 - Feb 14 with 1515 viewscocklebreath

I’m happy with this appointment, not sure he’ll keep us up but hopefully if we can keep some of our better players give promotion a good crack next season with a likeable manager playing decent football

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 19:47 - Feb 14 with 1512 viewsmushinexile

Marsch doesn't want a relegation on his CV. Jones didn't care because the money and the status whispered sweet nothings in his ear. We have some good players, some who should be sweeping floors and hopefully somebody who can tell the difference between them. Poch he ain't but he is better than Jones and he knows what he is there to do. Welcome to Southampton Jesse; make us proud of you!
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 20:02 - Feb 14 with 1482 viewskingslandstand1

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 17:56 - Feb 14 by SteveMoron

We've got to be grateful somebody like him wants the job!
Not many would risk relegation on their cv.
Worse than Jones?🙄 We'll see......

It's a can't lose job to take. No one expects us to stay up and if we do he'll have that on his cv which will put him in good stead
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 20:07 - Feb 14 with 1466 viewsSouthamptonfan

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 20:02 - Feb 14 by kingslandstand1

It's a can't lose job to take. No one expects us to stay up and if we do he'll have that on his cv which will put him in good stead

Top managers like Poch, Gallardo, Juric don't want a relegation on their CV's. We are limited with who we get. Nick's other article confirms this, even when Ralph was sacked. Top managers don't want to come here.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2023 20:08]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 20:45 - Feb 14 with 1403 viewsGRIM

We're very limited for choice.
Some were saying Jesse Marsche can't be any good because he's just been sacked from Leeds.
I'd say find me a manager that's not been sacked at some time, it's an inevitability in football management.
They only managers we could get are those that are unemployed & the reason they're unemployed is because they've been sacked from their last job.
There's a long list of managers unployed it's just a case of finding one that fits our club & I personally think Jesse will be OK.
Alright he might not be able to keep us up the damage has been done but I'm sure he'll give it a damp good try.
Best of luck Jesse, your going to need it.
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 20:53 - Feb 14 with 1372 viewsinthebox

was there one of these for Jones/
Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 15:05 - Feb 15 with 1154 viewsdirk_doone

Yes, fortunately for us, he won't be.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 15:21 - Feb 15 with 1145 viewsScoot

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 20:45 - Feb 14 by GRIM

We're very limited for choice.
Some were saying Jesse Marsche can't be any good because he's just been sacked from Leeds.
I'd say find me a manager that's not been sacked at some time, it's an inevitability in football management.
They only managers we could get are those that are unemployed & the reason they're unemployed is because they've been sacked from their last job.
There's a long list of managers unployed it's just a case of finding one that fits our club & I personally think Jesse will be OK.
Alright he might not be able to keep us up the damage has been done but I'm sure he'll give it a damp good try.
Best of luck Jesse, your going to need it.

Macello Gallardo hasn't been sacked and is available but our club is short-sighted. They get cheap managers then sack them and pay compo rather than get the right bloke. Jones, hasenhüttl, Hughes, pelligreni and Paul all got compo because they were shiit. To be fair ralph wasn't that bad, he just lost his way.

Poll: Should NJ go?

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 16:11 - Feb 15 with 1114 viewspjt50

Jesse Marsch Is Not Nathan Jones Mk 2. on 15:21 - Feb 15 by Scoot

Macello Gallardo hasn't been sacked and is available but our club is short-sighted. They get cheap managers then sack them and pay compo rather than get the right bloke. Jones, hasenhüttl, Hughes, pelligreni and Paul all got compo because they were shiit. To be fair ralph wasn't that bad, he just lost his way.

So do you reckon Gallardo would come in with no experience of the PL and turn our fortunes around immediately? That's if he was even interested. Would Saints only offer him a short-term deal too?

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024