Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 57137 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:54 - Feb 21 with 2732 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:49 - Feb 20 by earthdweller

I don’t have a clue who they should appoint, maybe a management setup from Europe? However, a League One Ainsworth doesn’t seem like the right choice. Based on comments he is a fans favorite because he is an ex-player who loves QPR. But this doesn’t mean it will translate into a successful stint as manager. Case in point Holloway.

Holloway DID have a successful stint?

It didn't end well but that's hardly unique in football is it?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:57 - Feb 21 with 2640 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:18 - Feb 20 by daveB

don't think you can say Beale didn't work, he did pretty well and got poached by a bigger club. Whether he'd have continued to do well is something we'll never know but he made a good start.

One thing that has been a constant at QPR though is a mental weakness and inability to adapt and do anything different in games to turn around losing situations. That's been the same under the last 3/4 managers.

The whole style of play with with Ainsworth seems nuts, lets just see how his team plays before judging

The key to it working with Ainsworth will be how well he adapts to managing with different expectations and very different style of players. I think he'll do Ok, I'm not expecting much but he's someone who has punched above his weight without spending money at Wycombe and that's what the job pretty much is at QPR now as well

Agree with all of that.

I would add, lets not over think it, get the 9 points and then worry about style of play, the loans,the injuries, the academy, next season, Lee Hoos. Les, Climate Change, Cost of Living Crisis etc etc etc after that!
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:59 - Feb 21 with 2605 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:21 - Feb 20 by daveB

The whole issue with the Beale thing, well for me anyway, was him going to a game when he was still QPR manager and basically getting himself the job. That was poor. I didn't really have a problem with what Glasgow Rangers did in trying to get him

Would be similar if Shaun Derry is part of the new team as he was a guest of the club the other night as well

Shaun Derry hasn't got a job though, so can be guest of whoever he likes?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:07 - Feb 21 with 2483 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:42 - Feb 20 by Tonto

This feels like a popularist hiring rather than one made through the data led approach we were supposedly using.

A lot is being said about Ainsworth's style, and how that fits with the players we have. We don't have money (or a transfer window) to bring in a while layer of new players for the new manager.

Which brings into question what is Les doing? I've been a strong advocate for him in the past, but this seems knee Jerry.

Get what you're saying but given our run and the number of games left did we have any other option BUT 'knee jerky'?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:09 - Feb 21 with 2443 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:02 - Feb 20 by distortR

Essentially, we're doing the sanctimonious 'big club' thing to wycombe fans that the hun fans did to us.

OR he is moving to a club higher up like LOADS of managers do.

I really wonder if there really are 91 other professional clubs reading this board at times!
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:11 - Feb 21 with 2415 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:06 - Feb 20 by DejR_vu

Agreed.

If it is GA, I hope he does well, because I want QPR to do well. I hope he is a manager who adapts to the players at his disposal and the level he's managing at. But, on the face of it, this looks an act of desperation from LF in an attempt to quell the uprising and save his backside. It would make a mockery, again, of his DoF credentials. Where is the continuity / consistency? We were doing fine, for the most part under MW and then MB, so it's not the style of play that is the problem.

This all feels very Holloway 2.0.

We didn't win for ages under MW - twice - and were on a non winning run under MB.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:15 - Feb 21 with 2314 viewskernowhoop

Any chance of the new manager getting a grip on the problem of players conking out every few days, or is that down only to trainers, physios etc?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:18 - Feb 21 with 2254 viewsNorthernr

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:15 - Feb 21 by kernowhoop

Any chance of the new manager getting a grip on the problem of players conking out every few days, or is that down only to trainers, physios etc?

I would question whether there's really that much wrong with some of them. When you've got Critchley saying dear Tyler "didn't feel he was quite right for this one" in his pre-match press conference, and then three games later the cnt still isn't even making the bench, you've got to wonder.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:21 - Feb 21 with 2186 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:49 - Feb 20 by earthdweller

If they were to go through with Ainsworth, it smells of an appointment to get fans off the backs of the board and DoF. I think it may also indicate they do not have much of a plan. 🤷‍♂️

and whilst that is indeed true we're back to what I said a week ago now

"Do something", "NO! not THAT!"

"Say something", "NO not THAT!"

"Get rid of Critchley and get a new man in", "NO! not HIM!"
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:25 - Feb 21 with 2138 viewskernowhoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:18 - Feb 21 by Northernr

I would question whether there's really that much wrong with some of them. When you've got Critchley saying dear Tyler "didn't feel he was quite right for this one" in his pre-match press conference, and then three games later the cnt still isn't even making the bench, you've got to wonder.

You are right about that. I am surprised that Critchley's comment about Tyler not feeling 'right' did not get more coverage. It was a pointed remark and a signal of Neil Critchley's frustration about a gulf between manager and squad.
But, as for other strugglers, I think I recall Kevin Gallen asking why so many players were having muscle problems.
Ellimans embrocation?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:28 - Feb 21 with 2077 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:32 - Feb 20 by 1JD

Having watched Wycombe for several years as my local club (often when not at Rangers) here is some real insight into Gareth Ainsworth and what to expect.

GA is;
- always “proud of the players” win, lose or draw- you’ll quickly recognise the trend, and become infuriated with the lack of depth.
- reluctant to play flair players and prefers “workers” instead. Fun fact: Mehmeti was actually benched multiple times, after good performances. Until it became impossible not to play him regularly.
- Prefers to sit back and protect a lead, rather than kill teams off; chooses to protect a lead at 1-0 (where the inevitable happens…) rather than go for the kill of 2-0, 3-0 (ala Warburtons positive kill the game off approach).
- Loves “2 cloggers” in the middle. Sometimes 3.
- Is very direct in approach play, stubborn, lacks tactical nous, and is a motivator rather than a modern day coach.

On the plus side, his teams give their all.

Summary; if you think this sounds extremely like Ian Holloway - you’d be right. He’s an absolute carbon copy.

The strategy has clearly changed, because the previous manager criteria was;

1. Young - No (at 50 he’s not really a “young” manager)
2. Coaching and development background - No
3. Attractive, attacking football - No

I’m struggling to understand it, and I don’t agree with the appointment at all. However, if he’s appointed, I’ll get behind him. But he is going to need to change his ways to be a success at QPR. Unfortunately, I can’t see that happening. His football philosophy and outlook is ingrained, it’s who he is.

1) As Clive has said and we've all seen, of course he is going to say things you don't agree with - same with everyone who has ever done the job

2) They have won only 2 games 1-0 all season - plenty of 2-2; 302 etc etc etc
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:29 - Feb 21 with 2051 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:59 - Feb 20 by ted_hendrix

I'm totally ignoring style of play, I'm totally ignoring sentiment.

My immediate concern is a minimum of four wins and maybe a couple of draws to keep us in this division.

I'm sick to death of us losing and especially losing at home as a consequence get whoever on board bloody pronto.

Bore me to death with any style of play you wan't I don't give a toss for the rest of the season, just stop the bastard rot and keep us In this league.

Get on with It FFS.

Won't need anything like 14 points Ted.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:29 - Feb 21 with 2050 viewsDWQPR

I’d send the walking wounded all for MRI scans on their injuries. And if they are genuinely injured make them clean boots, mow the lawn and then give them each a paintbrush and a bucket of blue paint and go and tidy up HQ. Useless fûckers. Especially that weak willed centre half we got from North Battersea.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:32 - Feb 21 with 2006 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:09 - Feb 21 by davman

12 pages in and the first post identifying the REAL problem here. No-one would get a tune out of those available last weekend playing with the attitude they clearly have. The shameful sick notes looking at every single opportunity not to play.

How is that going to change for GA? Can anyone see Balogun's broken heart for the PBBC healing, or Willock and Laird forgetting hamstring "tweaks"? JSC will have booked his summer holiday already and is probably going early - Roberts has been "close" for weeks now, but still can't be arsed and even though Jojo has been "fit" for a few weeks, he's not been playing.

I can't see anything changing with these players irrespective of who is in charge.

Sooooooooooooo what would you have done - stuck with NC are started planning for L1?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:41 - Feb 21 with 1864 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 11:15 - Feb 21 by DieByYourSide

Ditch the leather jacket.

Mrs PP want him to get his hair cut as well!
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:50 - Feb 21 with 1757 viewsPinnerPaul

He also said post his last match "Its time for some players to put their hands up and step forward" in response to a question from Nick on injuries.

As you know I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but as someone else on here said, that pretty much confirmed what you and others have suspected re some, not all - Willock looked totally bereft, when he had to go off the other night -, injuries.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:50 - Feb 21 with 1741 viewstoboboly

looks to be done

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:52 - Feb 21 with 1707 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:50 - Feb 21 by toboboly

looks to be done

They can fck off with the cheesy media bullshit. Not reading the room are they.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:56 - Feb 21 with 1638 viewsARudd

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:52 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Get your point totally, but I still rather like it as a way to announce...
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:59 - Feb 21 with 1575 viewsNorthernr

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:50 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

He also said post his last match "Its time for some players to put their hands up and step forward" in response to a question from Nick on injuries.

As you know I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but as someone else on here said, that pretty much confirmed what you and others have suspected re some, not all - Willock looked totally bereft, when he had to go off the other night -, injuries.

When you can say with some degree of certainty that because you're playing Boro away on the Saturday that players will be picking up bans and hamstring injuries in the Tuesday night game at home - and then it happens - it's pretty bloody obvious.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:01 - Feb 21 with 1542 viewsWatfordR

Assuming it is going to be Ainsworth, what I think we need to be hearing from LH/LF is how this appointment fits in with what we have been told is the direction of the club's medium and long term strategy for developing youth.

We've been told that one of the aims with the new academy is to bring our youth closer to the first team, so they can see a path of progression. We've also been told that we are looking to develop young players to sell on. Will there be a continued emphasis on developing technical skills, or is the path to the first team now going to be more about, to coin a phrase used last night, "energy and enthusiasm"? Is that expected to develop players with the sort of sell on potential we are looking for?

You can probably tell by these and my previous comments that I am less than thrilled by this appointment. I'd almost have preferred giving Warnock a three month contract with a large bonus for keeping us up. What a bloody mess.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:05 - Feb 21 with 1485 viewsWatfordR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:52 - Feb 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Think they've read the room plenty well enough with this appointment. Why Ainsworth has put his hand up to be the patsy of this particular month is beyond me tbh.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 21 with 1447 viewsMatch82

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:09 - Feb 21 by PinnerPaul

OR he is moving to a club higher up like LOADS of managers do.

I really wonder if there really are 91 other professional clubs reading this board at times!

I don't think Beale leaving for Rangers (or Wolves for that matter) was a cnty move and I wouldn't begrudge that. The cnty move was Beale leaving for Rangers after LESS THAN 6 MONTHS IN THE JOB.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:24 - Feb 21 with 1276 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:01 - Feb 21 by WatfordR

Assuming it is going to be Ainsworth, what I think we need to be hearing from LH/LF is how this appointment fits in with what we have been told is the direction of the club's medium and long term strategy for developing youth.

We've been told that one of the aims with the new academy is to bring our youth closer to the first team, so they can see a path of progression. We've also been told that we are looking to develop young players to sell on. Will there be a continued emphasis on developing technical skills, or is the path to the first team now going to be more about, to coin a phrase used last night, "energy and enthusiasm"? Is that expected to develop players with the sort of sell on potential we are looking for?

You can probably tell by these and my previous comments that I am less than thrilled by this appointment. I'd almost have preferred giving Warnock a three month contract with a large bonus for keeping us up. What a bloody mess.

No chance of Warnock coming here, he doesn't get on with Les or Chris Ramsey.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:27 - Feb 21 with 1261 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 21 by Match82

I don't think Beale leaving for Rangers (or Wolves for that matter) was a cnty move and I wouldn't begrudge that. The cnty move was Beale leaving for Rangers after LESS THAN 6 MONTHS IN THE JOB.

I was replying to this "Essentially, we're doing the sanctimonious 'big club' thing to wycombe fans that the hun fans did to us."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024