Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 57132 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:10 - Feb 20 with 3704 viewsjoe90

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:22 - Feb 20 by denhamhoop2

Let's see which of our current squad can play show us your medals Adomah is probably the only player who had a better career than Wild Thing.

Johansen captained his country, won the league x3 and Scottish cup x1 with Celtic, plus he played European football and got promoted a couple of times with Fulham. Definitely a worse career than Wild Thing.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 3625 viewsKerryE

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:28 - Feb 20 by WatfordR

Here's the thing.

Whilst three months of energy and enthusiasm may, I'd say should, keep us up, what do you think an Ainsworth appointment suggests we should expect from QPR while he is manager? It screams to me of 16th as the target for the foreseeable.

What players can he attract to the club? What Prem clubs will think of sending their bright young things here? How long will energy and enthusiam keep the decent players that we have interested? How long will flirting with relegation keep Ainsworth in a job?

To paraphrase one of my favourite singer/songwriters, we're telling Gaz that love lasts forever, when we know the night is just hours...

A few months ago the club policy/strategy was no loan players.
That changed with Beale for some yet to be explained reason.

I don't think we should be teaching prem league youngsters how to play. The last exceptional loan player we had was Kyle Walker. He played so well, Spurs cut short his loan and sent him to Villa on loan instead. At the time I thought that might of scuppered our promotion.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:45 - Feb 20 with 3297 viewsrobith

While we talk about style of play - I don't think Gaz is like "yeah lump it, I'm morally opposed to possesion" - he really is working on an absolute shoestring at Wycombe - all their acquisitions this season were free I believe. He's working with what he can get and maximising it. £0 doesn't go far on passing maestros
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:46 - Feb 20 with 3272 viewsdigswellhoop

HES GOT TO SAY NO WHY COME HERE WHEN WYCOMBE ARE DOUNG WELL HOPE HE DOESN'T LEAVE THEM
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:32 - Feb 20 with 2983 views1JD

Having watched Wycombe for several years as my local club (often when not at Rangers) here is some real insight into Gareth Ainsworth and what to expect.

GA is;
- always “proud of the players” win, lose or draw- you’ll quickly recognise the trend, and become infuriated with the lack of depth.
- reluctant to play flair players and prefers “workers” instead. Fun fact: Mehmeti was actually benched multiple times, after good performances. Until it became impossible not to play him regularly.
- Prefers to sit back and protect a lead, rather than kill teams off; chooses to protect a lead at 1-0 (where the inevitable happens…) rather than go for the kill of 2-0, 3-0 (ala Warburtons positive kill the game off approach).
- Loves “2 cloggers” in the middle. Sometimes 3.
- Is very direct in approach play, stubborn, lacks tactical nous, and is a motivator rather than a modern day coach.

On the plus side, his teams give their all.

Summary; if you think this sounds extremely like Ian Holloway - you’d be right. He’s an absolute carbon copy.

The strategy has clearly changed, because the previous manager criteria was;

1. Young - No (at 50 he’s not really a “young” manager)
2. Coaching and development background - No
3. Attractive, attacking football - No

I’m struggling to understand it, and I don’t agree with the appointment at all. However, if he’s appointed, I’ll get behind him. But he is going to need to change his ways to be a success at QPR. Unfortunately, I can’t see that happening. His football philosophy and outlook is ingrained, it’s who he is.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:40 - Feb 20 with 2898 viewsDamo1962

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:06 - Feb 20 by kropotkin41

It does strike me that worrying overly about playing style at this stage is a little bit like refusing to get in the lifeboat because Steve Redgrave isn't at the oars. We just need someone who can get the team doing something, anything, that resembles football enough to get us maybe 3 wins and 3 draws or more.

Post of the day.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:45 - Feb 20 with 2886 viewsdaveB

lets face it the board have clearly stepped in here and are going in a different direction to what les has wanted to do with younger coaches, development etc. It's only a matter of time before Les leaves now
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:59 - Feb 20 with 2827 viewsted_hendrix

I'm totally ignoring style of play, I'm totally ignoring sentiment.

My immediate concern is a minimum of four wins and maybe a couple of draws to keep us in this division.

I'm sick to death of us losing and especially losing at home as a consequence get whoever on board bloody pronto.

Bore me to death with any style of play you wan't I don't give a toss for the rest of the season, just stop the bastard rot and keep us In this league.

Get on with It FFS.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 00:07 - Feb 21 with 2777 viewsDamo1962

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:59 - Feb 20 by ted_hendrix

I'm totally ignoring style of play, I'm totally ignoring sentiment.

My immediate concern is a minimum of four wins and maybe a couple of draws to keep us in this division.

I'm sick to death of us losing and especially losing at home as a consequence get whoever on board bloody pronto.

Bore me to death with any style of play you wan't I don't give a toss for the rest of the season, just stop the bastard rot and keep us In this league.

Get on with It FFS.

Sorry Kropotkin...Ted wins the day 😉
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 05:12 - Feb 21 with 2459 viewsQPROslo

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:18 - Feb 20 by markrtid

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of appointing Gareth Ainsworth, or how the situation came about. NC didn't exudate any clear feeling of enthusiasm for the task, So, to have someone who may know a bit about 'Team' management' and talks like he's just won a BAFTA naming the people who played their part with some bloody feeling.
Might not be a bad thing at this moment in time.

I thought Critchley showed plenty of enthusiasm for his job with us when I listened to him before and after each match. In addition his comments on each match were far more accurate reflections of our performances than any others I've read or heard with the exceptions of London and Sinton.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 05:21 - Feb 21 with 2447 viewsQPROslo

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:15 - Feb 20 by KerryE

A few months ago the club policy/strategy was no loan players.
That changed with Beale for some yet to be explained reason.

I don't think we should be teaching prem league youngsters how to play. The last exceptional loan player we had was Kyle Walker. He played so well, Spurs cut short his loan and sent him to Villa on loan instead. At the time I thought that might of scuppered our promotion.

"No loan players"? As far as I remember in more recent times Management have always conceded that situations may arise where we have need of loan players, as we have need to loan some of our players out for experience or for financial reasons.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 05:52 - Feb 21 with 2363 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:22 - Feb 20 by denhamhoop2

Let's see which of our current squad can play show us your medals Adomah is probably the only player who had a better career than Wild Thing.

I don't trust this group of players. For all the criticism of Critchley's 'personality', Klopp was happy enough with him leading a Liverpool team on a couple of occasions and Gerrard took him to Villa. That's a higher level than they will ever reach, irrespective of how much they mouth off when they're out and about.

What if they don't fancy Ainsworth? He'll certainly expect them to show some effort, make tackles and put their bodies on the line. I can't see the overindulged pricks liking that very much.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 5:53]
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 06:50 - Feb 21 with 2218 viewsPunteR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:32 - Feb 20 by 1JD

Having watched Wycombe for several years as my local club (often when not at Rangers) here is some real insight into Gareth Ainsworth and what to expect.

GA is;
- always “proud of the players” win, lose or draw- you’ll quickly recognise the trend, and become infuriated with the lack of depth.
- reluctant to play flair players and prefers “workers” instead. Fun fact: Mehmeti was actually benched multiple times, after good performances. Until it became impossible not to play him regularly.
- Prefers to sit back and protect a lead, rather than kill teams off; chooses to protect a lead at 1-0 (where the inevitable happens…) rather than go for the kill of 2-0, 3-0 (ala Warburtons positive kill the game off approach).
- Is very direct in approach play, stubborn, lacks tactical nous, and is a motivator rather than a modern day coach.

Summary; if you think this sounds extremely like Ian Holloway - you’d be right. He’s an absolute carbon copy.

I’m struggling to understand it, and I don’t agree with the appointment at all. However, if he’s appointed, I’ll get behind him. But he is going to need to change his ways to be a success at QPR. Unfortunately, I can’t see that happening. His football philosophy and outlook is ingrained, it’s who he is.

Well this post has put my mind at ease.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 07:05 - Feb 21 with 2144 viewskropotkin41

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 00:07 - Feb 21 by Damo1962

Sorry Kropotkin...Ted wins the day 😉

Always the bridesmaid never the bride! Curse that Ted!
*Tears up acceptance speech. Calls taxi!*
🤣

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 07:50 - Feb 21 with 1941 viewsSK_hoops

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:28 - Feb 20 by WatfordR

Here's the thing.

Whilst three months of energy and enthusiasm may, I'd say should, keep us up, what do you think an Ainsworth appointment suggests we should expect from QPR while he is manager? It screams to me of 16th as the target for the foreseeable.

What players can he attract to the club? What Prem clubs will think of sending their bright young things here? How long will energy and enthusiam keep the decent players that we have interested? How long will flirting with relegation keep Ainsworth in a job?

To paraphrase one of my favourite singer/songwriters, we're telling Gaz that love lasts forever, when we know the night is just hours...

Yes, because the players who the prem clubs have sent here have set the world alight this season.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:06 - Feb 21 with 1812 viewsE17hoop

WLS saying it's a done deal:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-gareth-ainsworth-qpr-fc-21022023?ut

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:07 - Feb 21 with 1802 viewsR_from_afar

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 06:50 - Feb 21 by PunteR

Well this post has put my mind at ease.

Wycombe’s results this calendar year (Wycombe first in each case):
1-0
2-0
3-2
3-0
2-0
0-1
3-0

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:09 - Feb 21 with 1771 viewsDamo1962

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 07:05 - Feb 21 by kropotkin41

Always the bridesmaid never the bride! Curse that Ted!
*Tears up acceptance speech. Calls taxi!*
🤣

😂😉
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:09 - Feb 21 with 1771 viewsdavman

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 05:52 - Feb 21 by Wegerles_Stairs

I don't trust this group of players. For all the criticism of Critchley's 'personality', Klopp was happy enough with him leading a Liverpool team on a couple of occasions and Gerrard took him to Villa. That's a higher level than they will ever reach, irrespective of how much they mouth off when they're out and about.

What if they don't fancy Ainsworth? He'll certainly expect them to show some effort, make tackles and put their bodies on the line. I can't see the overindulged pricks liking that very much.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 5:53]

12 pages in and the first post identifying the REAL problem here. No-one would get a tune out of those available last weekend playing with the attitude they clearly have. The shameful sick notes looking at every single opportunity not to play.

How is that going to change for GA? Can anyone see Balogun's broken heart for the PBBC healing, or Willock and Laird forgetting hamstring "tweaks"? JSC will have booked his summer holiday already and is probably going early - Roberts has been "close" for weeks now, but still can't be arsed and even though Jojo has been "fit" for a few weeks, he's not been playing.

I can't see anything changing with these players irrespective of who is in charge.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:11 - Feb 21 with 1752 viewsBklynRanger

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 07:50 - Feb 21 by SK_hoops

Yes, because the players who the prem clubs have sent here have set the world alight this season.

In fact I don't remember having a lower opinion of these bright young loan players than now. We've had plenty of dodgy individuals on loan of course - Tomer Hemed springs to mind just for starters. And some of them we own! I'm not a boo-er but I don't expect to be clapping next time I hear Jake Clarke fcuking Salter's name.

But maybe Wild Thing will be able to get a tune out of players that we may not otherwise have expected him to? Critchley wasn't short on coaching and technical knowledge but seems to have failed completely to get through to some of these entitled little shits.

A different personality may be a good thing - coax 5 or 10 decent performances out of them then send whoever we can back.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:11 - Feb 21 with 1745 viewsDamo1962

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:06 - Feb 21 by E17hoop

WLS saying it's a done deal:
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-gareth-ainsworth-qpr-fc-21022023?ut

Welcome Wild thing 😎
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:17 - Feb 21 with 1687 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 05:12 - Feb 21 by QPROslo

I thought Critchley showed plenty of enthusiasm for his job with us when I listened to him before and after each match. In addition his comments on each match were far more accurate reflections of our performances than any others I've read or heard with the exceptions of London and Sinton.

Critchley sounded like death before and especially after each match. He was a terrible appointment for our club especially on a 3.5 year contract (WHY?). His assistants were hopeless too. If it is to be GA he will get every ounce of support I can muster. I never expected the DOF would have a comprehensive database of up and coming managers sourced from across Europe - he hasn’t done that before so there was no chance he would do it this time. But, if we are going for GA, why do we have a DOF? I mean, what’s the point?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:30 - Feb 21 with 1577 viewsGaryBannister86

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:17 - Feb 21 by Northolt_Rs

Critchley sounded like death before and especially after each match. He was a terrible appointment for our club especially on a 3.5 year contract (WHY?). His assistants were hopeless too. If it is to be GA he will get every ounce of support I can muster. I never expected the DOF would have a comprehensive database of up and coming managers sourced from across Europe - he hasn’t done that before so there was no chance he would do it this time. But, if we are going for GA, why do we have a DOF? I mean, what’s the point?

"His assistants were hopeless too".

I'm sure they were judging by what happened on the pitch, but it does make me laugh when we as fans judge coaches, assistants, any support staff. I mean we really have no idea do we? Bile's set piece coach was decreed as useless rather than Bile himself. Eustace was either the brains behind Warburton or a yes man depending on your views of Warbs.

Do we ever really know?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:32 - Feb 21 with 1550 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:32 - Feb 20 by 1JD

GA is;

Thanks for that, 1JD.

Diesn't make me any happier, but, like you, I'll get behind him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 08:34 - Feb 21 with 1526 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 23:45 - Feb 20 by daveB

lets face it the board have clearly stepped in here and are going in a different direction to what les has wanted to do with younger coaches, development etc. It's only a matter of time before Les leaves now

That never occurred to me, but you're right that it's a real possibility.

Let's face it - Warbs, Beale, 442 Critchley, now Ainsworth...there's no plan here.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024