Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 56453 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:18 - Feb 20 with 2886 viewsDixie_CT

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:11 - Feb 20 by slmrstid

Prior to Sheffield United Chris Wilder had managed Alfreton Town, Halifax Town, Oxford United and Northampton Town, and had a journeyman playing career.

He did alright there and I doubt any players turned down signing for them because of who he'd managed.

You clearly don't want Ainsworth for whatever reason which is fine, but the sticks you're beating him with could be used for absolutely anyone.

We interviewed Wilder before we interviewed Critchley.

If he turned us down, then his position isn’t likely to have changed unless he didn’t want to be the first one in post-Beale.

If we decided to choose Critchley over Wilder, then there is a chance he could tell us to do one.

Can’t see beyond Ainsworth myself. It is the right time for both the club and him, but for all the wrong reasons. At least Ainsworth can recommend players from League One that could do a job and fit into our budget.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:19 - Feb 20 with 2848 viewsJuzzie

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:05 - Feb 20 by slmrstid

Who won the game?

(Sorry this in response to the Oxford v Wycombe screen grab thing, I must have pressed the wrong reply button!)
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:07]

Google is your friend!! ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=oxford+v+wycombe+2022&rlz=1C1GCEU_enGB843GB8

Looks like Wycombe won their previous two games against Oxford (no goals conceded too) so that throws all the stats out of the window lol! In this stats-obsessed sport, there's only one stat that counts..... the final score.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:22]
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 2814 viewsaston_hoop

Feels a weird move to create a new account just to slag off Ainsworth but its good to get that stuff in early to be correct I suppose.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 2808 viewsslmrstid

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:19 - Feb 20 by Juzzie

Looks like Wycombe won their previous two games against Oxford (no goals conceded too) so that throws all the stats out of the window lol! In this stats-obsessed sport, there's only one stat that counts..... the final score.

Indeed, I knew that Juzzie because it was the Play-Off final pre-game stat which was the point I was trying to make, sorry!

Thanks though ;)
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:22 - Feb 20 with 2778 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:21 - Feb 20 by aston_hoop

Feels a weird move to create a new account just to slag off Ainsworth but its good to get that stuff in early to be correct I suppose.

They don't really give themselves much wriggle room with the name though do they.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:29 - Feb 20 with 2693 viewsVancouverHoop

Daily Telegraph reporting compo has been agreed between QPR and Wycombe. It's now down to Ainsworth on whether he wants to come.
At this point it's going to be really, really embarrassing for the club if he doesn't.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:31 - Feb 20 with 2640 viewsThird_Division_South

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:31 - Feb 20 by Nov77

Our players suited to this?

As has been said elsewhere, Wycombe won this playoff final. Also, in the playoffs before this game they knocked out MK Dons who were being lauded for their style of play with one of the best players in the division Scott Twine in their team and a manager who at the time was rated as one of the brightest names, Liam Richardson.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:32 - Feb 20 with 2621 viewssevenhoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 13:09 - Feb 20 by LazyFan

If he comes and we go down, he knows the league and can get out of League One with us and looks as a saviour delt a bad hand.

If he keeps us up, then thesehes seen as a saviour.

If we go down and he fails in League One with us, he can still go back to Wycombe or some other club as we are seen as a basket case and he will be at little fault.

Really its very low risk for Wild Thing. I think he will take it!

I've met him out and about and he's a great, genuine bloke. And he seemed to love the club. but he's such a great bloke that i wonder if he will just feel loyal to Wycombe, bless him. One thing's for sure, he wont put up with the nonces that represent us at the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:36 - Feb 20 with 2573 viewsNov77

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:19 - Feb 20 by Juzzie

Maybe Wycombe have players suited to that style, or you think lumping the ball up to Chair is something that could work, either way it goes completely against all the guff les has come out with re algorithms and what they’re trying to do at this club

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:38 - Feb 20 with 2525 viewsRanger_1969

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 14:54 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

https://gasroom.org/discussion/7987/qpr-sack-neil-critchley-let-the-rumours-begi

Wycombe perspective

Had to LOL at the Wycombe poster who suggested that if Potter gets sacked by Chelscum - we might prefer to go after him!!!

Plus they seem to think we've already sacked 2 managers this season....

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:39 - Feb 20 with 2498 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:21 - Feb 20 by aston_hoop

Can you send me the list of agreed reasons to post and I'll ensure to follow it going forwards.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:40 - Feb 20 with 2489 viewsessextaxiboy

I am behind him and fearful for him in equal measure ...
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:40 - Feb 20 with 2484 viewsbosh67

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:36 - Feb 20 by Nov77

Maybe Wycombe have players suited to that style, or you think lumping the ball up to Chair is something that could work, either way it goes completely against all the guff les has come out with re algorithms and what they’re trying to do at this club

Yes but with Gazza at least we could sell off our midfield. You know it makes sense Rodney.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:41 - Feb 20 with 2465 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:40 - Feb 20 by essextaxiboy

I am behind him and fearful for him in equal measure ...

If we're going to eventually give £1m to anyone, i'd like it to be him.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:42 - Feb 20 with 2463 viewsNov77

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:31 - Feb 20 by Third_Division_South

As has been said elsewhere, Wycombe won this playoff final. Also, in the playoffs before this game they knocked out MK Dons who were being lauded for their style of play with one of the best players in the division Scott Twine in their team and a manager who at the time was rated as one of the brightest names, Liam Richardson.

You’re right, we can get Chair to play the Akinfenwa role!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:45 - Feb 20 with 2382 viewsderbyhoop

Wouldn't it be ironic if we appointed Ainsworth and his first game was Blackburn, who he supported as a kid?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:49 - Feb 20 with 2298 viewsdaveB

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:42 - Feb 20 by Nov77

You’re right, we can get Chair to play the Akinfenwa role!

or he can play the Mehmeti role and Chris Martin will be the target man
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:55 - Feb 20 with 2187 viewsQPROslo

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:17 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Why would Ainsworth, who would need a couple of years to build the culture he requires, go somewhere where fans and board will give him 6 months max to succeed?'

Wycombe fans get it.

6 months. He'd be lucky. Critchley barely got 2.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:57 - Feb 20 with 2137 viewsrrrspricey

Anyone know how long GA has left on his contract and whether the potential compensation pay-out could preclude us from a FFP perspective?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:58 - Feb 20 with 2125 viewsDixie_CT

Looks like it’s all done and Ainsworth is the new man.

Good luck to him. He was a legend for us and I hope that the story of playing on with a broken bone inspires some of our self certified sick notes.

Don’t freeze, grab the reins and keep us up.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:00 - Feb 20 with 2066 viewsMaggsinho

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:58 - Feb 20 by Dixie_CT

Looks like it’s all done and Ainsworth is the new man.

Good luck to him. He was a legend for us and I hope that the story of playing on with a broken bone inspires some of our self certified sick notes.

Don’t freeze, grab the reins and keep us up.

Seems like it.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:05 - Feb 20 with 1958 viewsRangersw12

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:17 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Why would Ainsworth, who would need a couple of years to build the culture he requires, go somewhere where fans and board will give him 6 months max to succeed?'

Wycombe fans get it.

We gave Warburton 3 years though so I hope GA will get similar amount of time

[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 17:09]
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 1913 viewsR_from_afar

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:05 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

The playing career doesn't make a great manager but if anyone thinks any of our current players or potential signings wont say "hang on, this bloke was a journeyman at best and has only managed at Wycombe Wanderers so wtf is he doing here' then they are very naive.

Also, appointing Ainsworth will limit who will sign for us permanently or on loan until he proves he belongs at this level and that is something we have to take into account.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:08]

Ex-Prem striker Sam Vokes signed for Wycombe and is currently their main striker.

To answer some other questions, there does not appear to be a DoF at Wycombe. Ainsworth's long time assistant is Richard Dobson.

Someone I know is well connected at Wycombe and has just told me Gareth has not been at the WWFC training ground today.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 1911 viewsdmm

Part of me is delighted to have him back and the other part is dreading what QPR will do to him.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:07 - Feb 20 with 1909 viewsNorthantsHoop

Just what we need Ainsworth, got something about him, an old rocker, let's get behind him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024