Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 56454 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:32 - Feb 20 with 2713 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 14:10 - Feb 20 by Padulas_Shampoo

That isn't true. They've been in the 3rd division for 4 years out of the 11 he's been manager.

Are you sure you know his managerial career well enough to be branding him a poor choice so vociferously?

They had 1 season in the championship so his record isn't as even as good as I first thought.,..
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:33 - Feb 20 with 2696 viewsstevec

It’s not the fans Ainsworth has to worry about, it’s the Bosingwa Boys.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 2695 viewsAndybrat

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:23 - Feb 20 by PinnerPaul

And for one reason or another Warburton, Beale and Critchley didn't 'work'.

Wilder, 3rd in the betting, did wonders in the PL over a long period of time, didn't work at all at Middlesboro.

Some managers don't fit at some clubs, like players.

So shoot me down but Wilder is by far the best option. Forget this season, last season Boro were the best team at Loftus Road I saw and we were unbelievably lucky to draw ( a Lumley special if I remember right). I remember Clive commenting on them in a similar fashion. So he has managed League 1, Championship and Premier league and experienced promotion and, almost more importantly, relegation. He has that look that I am sure would scare the bejesus out of the softer ones. At 55 he is at the peak and I reckon a good age gap between him and the young pretenders ( as in our players). The problem? Suspect he wouldn’t go for it and the “ management” will go for the popular choice. BTW I love Gareth too, he has done amazing but not often someone with Widers CV is a possibility. That would be a step up….. Andy ( waiting to be shot down now)
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 2691 viewsbosh67

I think Gazza must be mad coming here at this moment if he does come. Surely see what happens next and if needs be come here next season in whatever division we are in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:34 - Feb 20 with 2681 viewsRangersw12

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:32 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

They had 1 season in the championship so his record isn't as even as good as I first thought.,..

Out of interest who would you go for?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:35 - Feb 20 with 2666 viewsCamberleyR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:00 - Feb 20 by TK1

Ainsworth has won more promotions than both Beale and Warburton combined, he's played more professional games at every level than Beale and Warburton combined, he's managed more professional games than Beale and Warburton combined (no idea if that's true, but if we're just saying silly things then this seems possible), he's got more hair and a better figure than both...

I mean, come on. He's the only guy who got Wycombe Wanderers promoted in 130 years. I doubt Mick Beale would work hard enough to pull that off.

Are you really saying the players will only respond to a suitable CV that compares with Mark Warburton? If so what was that three month losing run last season all about? The players have won one game in 18. Let's not worry too much about their feelings.

"I mean, come on. He's the only guy who got Wycombe Wanderers promoted in 130 years. I doubt Mick Beale would work hard enough to pull that off."

Martin O'Neill 1993/94 got them promoted in their first season in the league.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:35 - Feb 20 with 2657 viewsrobith

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:13 - Feb 20 by QPR_John

“ If he does go, we are losing Scowen back to QPR, ”

I wonder

I actually wanted to make an account to reassure the guy that won't be happening. But mate of mine is a Wycombe ST holder and raves about Scowen. Maybe he's at his level
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 15:40]
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:37 - Feb 20 with 2640 viewswood_hoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 14:57 - Feb 20 by swisscottage

I'd like to know how many Wycombe games people against him have watched.

As to his style, I'd like to know how you make a pure footballing side out of a club with an average gate of 5.5k that is consistently challenging in a league position that is currently 12 below the one we find ourselves in. How does anyone on here have a scoobies what his preferred style of play will be with the players we have here where despite our current position he will have resources at his disposal he could only dream of at Wycombe.

There isn't a manager out there, that would take this job, that isn't a risk, however I reckon the positives he brings far outweigh that and I for one will be very happy if he comes here.

I far prefer him to Nathan Jones, or Chris Wilder.

Agree with you Swiss, I am sure GA coming would lift a large section of the supporter base, I think the atmosphere in the ground itself could give a bit more confidence, who knows how he will approach tactics etc, good managers adapt to the tools given.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:41 - Feb 20 with 2545 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:35 - Feb 20 by robith

I actually wanted to make an account to reassure the guy that won't be happening. But mate of mine is a Wycombe ST holder and raves about Scowen. Maybe he's at his level

I didn't think Scowen was that bad for us either to be honest.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:46 - Feb 20 with 2447 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:35 - Feb 20 by robith

I read most of the their thread and they said a few QPR fans were jumping on.
Sounds like their team is on a great run and they are horrified at the thought of GA leaving for us.Same as we were with Beale and Wolves first then Glasgow Rangers
They make a lot of valid points why he should stay and then why he should go.
Last page or 2 its becoming obvious they are almost resigned to the fact he is coming over to QPR and bringing his second in command with him.
Seem like decent fans good luck to them either way
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:47 - Feb 20 with 2430 viewsToast_R

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:41 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

He's just what the team need at the moment, a nasty little shit tone an absolute pain in the arse. How passive is the midfield at the moment?
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:48 - Feb 20 with 2403 viewsjoolsyp

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:31 - Feb 20 by Nov77

Our players suited to this?

Well, attempts at possession football, pretty triangles and short passes amongst our back four has us hurtling towards League One at a rate of knots ….
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:51 - Feb 20 with 2350 viewsLogman

I liked Scowen but I doubt he could cut it in the Championship now. The Scowfreeluongo midfield would be similar to Duran Duran or Take That touring again now. Best to have good memories rather than trying to re-create the past.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:55 - Feb 20 with 2263 viewsSharpy36

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:34 - Feb 20 by bosh67

I think Gazza must be mad coming here at this moment if he does come. Surely see what happens next and if needs be come here next season in whatever division we are in.

Apart from more money in his back pocket, i fail to see anything this club could offer to entice him away from WW.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:55 - Feb 20 with 2260 viewsTK1

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:35 - Feb 20 by CamberleyR

"I mean, come on. He's the only guy who got Wycombe Wanderers promoted in 130 years. I doubt Mick Beale would work hard enough to pull that off."

Martin O'Neill 1993/94 got them promoted in their first season in the league.

In my haste to be a smart-arse, I forgot to write "to the second tier".
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:57 - Feb 20 with 2221 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:34 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

Out of interest who would you go for?

Someone who hasn't spent 10 years managing in the backwaters of the lower divisions for the most part and who no other club wanted.....

I don't think it's much to ask.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:59 - Feb 20 with 2198 viewstoboboly

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:57 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

Someone who hasn't spent 10 years managing in the backwaters of the lower divisions for the most part and who no other club wanted.....

I don't think it's much to ask.

Lampard or Gerrard then? They've got the playing career you are after.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:59 - Feb 20 with 2189 viewsTheChef

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:41 - Feb 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

Scowongoman revival incoming?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:00 - Feb 20 with 2168 viewsWokingR

This is an itch we are going to have to scratch at some time.
Otherwise we are just going to continue to be linked every time the question of Qpr manager comes up.
I think he'll do well.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:03 - Feb 20 with 2106 viewsNov77

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:48 - Feb 20 by joolsyp

Well, attempts at possession football, pretty triangles and short passes amongst our back four has us hurtling towards League One at a rate of knots ….

At least Les won’t have the brass neck to talk about algorithms for this appointment.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:05 - Feb 20 with 2089 viewsslmrstid

Who won the game?

(Sorry this in response to the Oxford v Wycombe screen grab thing, I must have pressed the wrong reply button!)
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:07]
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:05 - Feb 20 with 2073 viewsCynicalR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:59 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Lampard or Gerrard then? They've got the playing career you are after.

The playing career doesn't make a great manager but if anyone thinks any of our current players or potential signings wont say "hang on, this bloke was a journeyman at best and has only managed at Wycombe Wanderers so wtf is he doing here' then they are very naive.

Also, appointing Ainsworth will limit who will sign for us permanently or on loan until he proves he belongs at this level and that is something we have to take into account.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:08]
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:07 - Feb 20 with 2054 viewskernowhoop

I wish that there was a better and more obvious candidate than GA (experience of managing successfully at our level). Wilder might be that person but a) he failed at Middlesbrough and b) he could probably find a better job than ours.
But, the football grapevine will have provided Gareth Ainsworth with far more information about what is going wrong at QPR than we have.
If he decides to come, then maybe we can take some comfort from that.
If he decides not to come, then... oh dear.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:11 - Feb 20 with 2000 viewsslmrstid

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:05 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

The playing career doesn't make a great manager but if anyone thinks any of our current players or potential signings wont say "hang on, this bloke was a journeyman at best and has only managed at Wycombe Wanderers so wtf is he doing here' then they are very naive.

Also, appointing Ainsworth will limit who will sign for us permanently or on loan until he proves he belongs at this level and that is something we have to take into account.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 16:08]

Prior to Sheffield United Chris Wilder had managed Alfreton Town, Halifax Town, Oxford United and Northampton Town, and had a journeyman playing career.

He did alright there and I doubt any players turned down signing for them because of who he'd managed.

You clearly don't want Ainsworth for whatever reason which is fine, but the sticks you're beating him with could be used for absolutely anyone.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 16:13 - Feb 20 with 1947 viewsVancouverHoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 15:46 - Feb 20 by CLAREMAN1995

I read most of the their thread and they said a few QPR fans were jumping on.
Sounds like their team is on a great run and they are horrified at the thought of GA leaving for us.Same as we were with Beale and Wolves first then Glasgow Rangers
They make a lot of valid points why he should stay and then why he should go.
Last page or 2 its becoming obvious they are almost resigned to the fact he is coming over to QPR and bringing his second in command with him.
Seem like decent fans good luck to them either way

Yeah. It occurred to me that we'd kinda be "Glasgow Rangers" to Wycombe's "QPR." Except, of course Ainsworth's been at Wycombe a whole lot longer than Beale was with us.

The appointment would also be a huge neon sign over LF's head reading FAILURE!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024