Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 57130 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:18 - Feb 20 with 2714 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:08 - Feb 20 by toboboly

Exactly. If this is our bed we need to lie in it. Doesn't matter what happens he needs to be given time and space from the fans and the board.

well, Critchley wasn't.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:21 - Feb 20 with 2665 viewsdaveB

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:18 - Feb 20 by PunteR

I wouldn't say worse but it's defo in a C@ntish move ball park. Not sure we can moan too much about the Mick Bile move after this.

The whole issue with the Beale thing, well for me anyway, was him going to a game when he was still QPR manager and basically getting himself the job. That was poor. I didn't really have a problem with what Glasgow Rangers did in trying to get him

Would be similar if Shaun Derry is part of the new team as he was a guest of the club the other night as well
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:22 - Feb 20 with 2650 viewsCadfael

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:21 - Feb 20 by daveB

The whole issue with the Beale thing, well for me anyway, was him going to a game when he was still QPR manager and basically getting himself the job. That was poor. I didn't really have a problem with what Glasgow Rangers did in trying to get him

Would be similar if Shaun Derry is part of the new team as he was a guest of the club the other night as well

if true- contract length will be interesting
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:23 - Feb 20 with 2637 viewstkqpr

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:13 - Feb 20 by traininvain

Wycombe three points off the playoffs at the business end of the season. We were up in arms about Beale leaving back in November and here we are doing the exact same thing but probably worse to another club!

Can’t imagine the Wycombe fans will have much love for Ainsworth doing them dirty like this.

I think Ainsworth has has built up enough credit and shown his love and loyalty to WW over the last 10 years.

Mick Bile was on the look out for a new Mrs as soon as he banged us!!
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:26 - Feb 20 with 2608 viewsToast_R

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:18 - Feb 20 by PunteR

I wouldn't say worse but it's defo in a C@ntish move ball park. Not sure we can moan too much about the Mick Bile move after this.

Lots of difference IMO.

Beale was given his first job by QPR and walked out after barely 6 months having already flirted with two other jobs in that time. QPR were top when Wolves started knocking. Beale also turned down Wolves stating loyalty is important to him.

Ainsworth has given Wycombe a decade. He deserves his shot at a bigger club.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:41 - Feb 20 with 2421 viewsloftboy

People worrying about Gaz’s style of play, well I for one am Pîss bored with all this Tippy tappy crap especially as we don’t have good enough players to play it, I would rather it was mixed up with the odd long ball.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:41 - Feb 20 with 2419 viewsPunteR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:26 - Feb 20 by Toast_R

Lots of difference IMO.

Beale was given his first job by QPR and walked out after barely 6 months having already flirted with two other jobs in that time. QPR were top when Wolves started knocking. Beale also turned down Wolves stating loyalty is important to him.

Ainsworth has given Wycombe a decade. He deserves his shot at a bigger club.

I wasn't really comparing the managers ,I was just commenting on the club taking another clubs manager at a crucial time.
And im not saying we shouldnt do it either im just saying that from a Wycombe fans perspective it probably looks a bit c@ntish. A bit like Wolves who were in a bit of turmoil in a league above poaching the manager.
But that's football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:42 - Feb 20 with 2409 viewsTonto

This feels like a popularist hiring rather than one made through the data led approach we were supposedly using.

A lot is being said about Ainsworth's style, and how that fits with the players we have. We don't have money (or a transfer window) to bring in a while layer of new players for the new manager.

Which brings into question what is Les doing? I've been a strong advocate for him in the past, but this seems knee Jerry.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 2394 viewsjoolsyp

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 17:59 - Feb 20 by dm97

Just listened to latest not the top 20 pod where they discussed NC and GA. Two guys who have watched Wycombe a lot more than us, and leave me more positive about the appointment than before. Sometimes I think we as fans forget liking your boss is pretty damn important, GA definitely seems to have that personality people get behind. Let’s see hey

Links

https://open.spotify.com/show/19Vn2WZiSZOeanPFDHYIb8?si=4664fc15459c4c52

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/not-the-top-20-podcast/id1112915286

Sorry baz realised posted as a reply rather than general!
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 18:00]

This was an excellent listen, thanks for sharing. I love all these EFL geeks including our own Clive, James Alcott, Charlie Wise. They know so much about the game outside the Prem and are so respectful of other clubs.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:48 - Feb 20 with 2327 viewsRokerite

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:18 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

I don't know why Charlton wanted him never mind why QPR would be interested.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:48 - Feb 20 with 2324 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:18 - Feb 20 by distortR

well, Critchley wasn't.

No manager survives 1 win in 12 games.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:48 - Feb 20 with 2325 viewsPunteR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:42 - Feb 20 by Tonto

This feels like a popularist hiring rather than one made through the data led approach we were supposedly using.

A lot is being said about Ainsworth's style, and how that fits with the players we have. We don't have money (or a transfer window) to bring in a while layer of new players for the new manager.

Which brings into question what is Les doing? I've been a strong advocate for him in the past, but this seems knee Jerry.

Don't let Esox see you're questioning Les, he might down arrow you..lol

Yeh I'm in complete agreement it really does confirm that all that algorithm chat Les was going on about 2 weeks ago is a load of bollox.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:51 - Feb 20 with 2270 viewsWatfordR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:42 - Feb 20 by Tonto

I seem to remember one of the QPR journos being asked about Ainsworth's chances of being appointed after Beale left, and he said something along the lines of "well he may have been interviewed, but he's got as much chance of being appointed as you or I".

That, we may all remember, was less than THREE MONTHS ago. There's no data analytics going into this particular appointment process. But there's plenty of panic and desperation.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:52 - Feb 20 with 2245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:13 - Feb 20 by traininvain

Wycombe three points off the playoffs at the business end of the season. We were up in arms about Beale leaving back in November and here we are doing the exact same thing but probably worse to another club!

Can’t imagine the Wycombe fans will have much love for Ainsworth doing them dirty like this.

Ainsworth has been with them for ten years and deserves his move, Beale was with us ten minutes and deserves flogging.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:58 - Feb 20 with 2133 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:52 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Ainsworth has been with them for ten years and deserves his move, Beale was with us ten minutes and deserves flogging.

When a club like (Queens Park) Rangers come calling.............
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:00 - Feb 20 with 2097 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:58 - Feb 20 by distortR

When a club like (Queens Park) Rangers come calling.............

...can anyone truly resist The R's?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:01 - Feb 20 with 2092 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:00 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I fvcking can, right now.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:02 - Feb 20 with 2066 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:01 - Feb 20 by distortR

I fvcking can, right now.

But you can't, though.
Can you?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:02 - Feb 20 with 2056 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:00 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Essentially, we're doing the sanctimonious 'big club' thing to wycombe fans that the hun fans did to us.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 1981 viewsDejR_vu

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:51 - Feb 20 by WatfordR

I seem to remember one of the QPR journos being asked about Ainsworth's chances of being appointed after Beale left, and he said something along the lines of "well he may have been interviewed, but he's got as much chance of being appointed as you or I".

That, we may all remember, was less than THREE MONTHS ago. There's no data analytics going into this particular appointment process. But there's plenty of panic and desperation.

Agreed.

If it is GA, I hope he does well, because I want QPR to do well. I hope he is a manager who adapts to the players at his disposal and the level he's managing at. But, on the face of it, this looks an act of desperation from LF in an attempt to quell the uprising and save his backside. It would make a mockery, again, of his DoF credentials. Where is the continuity / consistency? We were doing fine, for the most part under MW and then MB, so it's not the style of play that is the problem.

This all feels very Holloway 2.0.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:06 - Feb 20 with 1974 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:02 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

But you can't, though.
Can you?

No
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:14 - Feb 20 with 1830 viewsDejR_vu

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 18:18 - Feb 20 by Rangersw12

We're not going to have to buy Bonne back are we?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:15 - Feb 20 with 1819 viewsToast_R

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:41 - Feb 20 by PunteR

I wasn't really comparing the managers ,I was just commenting on the club taking another clubs manager at a crucial time.
And im not saying we shouldnt do it either im just saying that from a Wycombe fans perspective it probably looks a bit c@ntish. A bit like Wolves who were in a bit of turmoil in a league above poaching the manager.
But that's football.

A clean conscience is nice but business is business.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:17 - Feb 20 with 1789 viewstraininvain

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:52 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Deserves his move for sure but doing it now with his current team in playoff contention with a few months left of the season doesn’t quite sit right with me. But that’s football I suppose!
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:18 - Feb 20 with 1788 viewsqueensparker

Worth having a read of their forum - Wycombe fans wishing him nothing but the best and making the valid point that QPR fans seem to massively underestimate what a great manager and man he is.

Did a good job of moving me off the fence, if he comes I hope it could work out v well

https://gasroom.org/discussion/7987/qpr-sack-neil-critchley-let-the-rumours-begi
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024