Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing 12:37 - Feb 20 with 57131 viewsAntti_Heinola

Just hope it works out with him.
Couldn't bear to see a legend get ripped apart by our fans.

Bare bones.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:18 - Feb 20 with 3730 viewsmarkrtid

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of appointing Gareth Ainsworth, or how the situation came about. NC didn't exudate any clear feeling of enthusiasm for the task, So, to have someone who may know a bit about 'Team' management' and talks like he's just won a BAFTA naming the people who played their part with some bloody feeling.
Might not be a bad thing at this moment in time.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:20 - Feb 20 with 3696 viewsrobith

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:13 - Feb 20 by traininvain

Wycombe three points off the playoffs at the business end of the season. We were up in arms about Beale leaving back in November and here we are doing the exact same thing but probably worse to another club!

Can’t imagine the Wycombe fans will have much love for Ainsworth doing them dirty like this.

Beale left after 15 games, Ainsworth after 10 years. I have a sample of one but most begrudgingly accept. After a slow start of the season there was some "Ainswoth Out" rumbles there too
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:22 - Feb 20 with 3666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:02 - Feb 20 by distortR

Essentially, we're doing the sanctimonious 'big club' thing to wycombe fans that the hun fans did to us.

All very tongue in cheek by me.

I certainly don't mean to give it the big 'un.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:22 - Feb 20 with 3659 viewsdenhamhoop2

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 13:10 - Feb 20 by CynicalR

What happens if the reason why he's been at Wycombe Wanderers for 10 years with no-one else taking a punt on him is because he's not good enough?

What happens when players used to working with coaches of the calibre of Beale and before him Mark Warburton justifiably ask what this man has done in his career to justify his appointment at a club of this level and coach players like them? What if the old 'show us your medals' comes out and he can point to being Port Vale's player of the year in 1998?

What happens when seasoned defenders make his long-ball game look like a relic from the 1980s?

There's a lot of reasons why fans will be quick to turn against him.

Something to remember is also that he isn't a club legend but a cult hero which will not afford him the respect both Francis in his second spell and Wilkins got despite clearly being the wrong person for the job.

This has the potential to be a nightmare both on and off the pitch.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 13:11]

Let's see which of our current squad can play show us your medals Adomah is probably the only player who had a better career than Wild Thing.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 3644 viewsJules4367

Here's the thing and we need to all accept this now... before anything else happens.
It will NOT be Gareth's fault if we go down.
The foundations of this structure we know as QPR are now weak and rotten and despite the surveyors (us the supporting public) providing regular updates as to the extent of the rot, it has been allowed to grow and get worse and the house is in danger of collapse.
Critchley must have tried hard, he hasn't just sat there for 12 weeks, but the materials he needed to shore things up and cut out the rot weren't provided. The players are, for the most part, carriers of the rot and need someone or something to wake them out of their rotting structure, spore-induced trance that they are exceptional players. they are not.
Gareth is not a wizard, he will try and try for the club, but it must take the likes of Dickie, Dunne, Laird, Chair etc to get to the basics. As Clive said, Dickie whacking the ball into the SA Road stand was just atrocious.

So whether or not Gareth has the tools provided (as opposed to the tools on the pitch (see what I did there!) he has a love for the club and should know we shall honour and respect his support IRRESPECTIVE of how the next 13 or so games go !!

Lets not start attacking him after 6 games!! (Please)
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 3644 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:17 - Feb 20 by traininvain

Deserves his move for sure but doing it now with his current team in playoff contention with a few months left of the season doesn’t quite sit right with me. But that’s football I suppose!

I see that too.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:31 - Feb 20 with 3563 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:22 - Feb 20 by BrianMcCarthy

All very tongue in cheek by me.

I certainly don't mean to give it the big 'un.

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:34 - Feb 20 with 3502 viewstraininvain

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:18 - Feb 20 by queensparker

Worth having a read of their forum - Wycombe fans wishing him nothing but the best and making the valid point that QPR fans seem to massively underestimate what a great manager and man he is.

Did a good job of moving me off the fence, if he comes I hope it could work out v well

https://gasroom.org/discussion/7987/qpr-sack-neil-critchley-let-the-rumours-begi

They seem gutted which is to be expected given where we are in the season and their situation. To be fair I don’t begrudge Ainsworth his move at all.

But I do find it ironic that only a few months ago a number of us on here were calling for a transfer window equivalent for managerial appointments during the season.

Now we’re the club doing the dirty and we don’t have the same excuse as when Beale left in November, it’s our incompetence appointing a suitable successor that will derail Wycombe’s season.
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:37 - Feb 20 with 3431 viewsdistortR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:34 - Feb 20 by traininvain

They seem gutted which is to be expected given where we are in the season and their situation. To be fair I don’t begrudge Ainsworth his move at all.

But I do find it ironic that only a few months ago a number of us on here were calling for a transfer window equivalent for managerial appointments during the season.

Now we’re the club doing the dirty and we don’t have the same excuse as when Beale left in November, it’s our incompetence appointing a suitable successor that will derail Wycombe’s season.

Agree with all that, if you remove 'appointing a suitable successor'
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:49 - Feb 20 with 3240 viewsearthdweller

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 19:08 - Feb 20 by Antti_Heinola

Who wants to tell him 😂?

If they were to go through with Ainsworth, it smells of an appointment to get fans off the backs of the board and DoF. I think it may also indicate they do not have much of a plan. 🤷‍♂️
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:54 - Feb 20 with 3166 viewsHooparoo

Forget all the most qualified coach BS. We need some energy and enthusiasm and Ainsworth has both in abundance.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:14 - Feb 20 with 2893 viewsVancouverHoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:49 - Feb 20 by earthdweller

If they were to go through with Ainsworth, it smells of an appointment to get fans off the backs of the board and DoF. I think it may also indicate they do not have much of a plan. 🤷‍♂️

Ya think!
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:16 - Feb 20 with 2855 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:14 - Feb 20 by VancouverHoop

Ya think!

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:23 - Feb 20 with 2761 viewsOakR

In a world of doom anf gloom, people like Gareth Ainsworth just make you feel better.

We all need to feel better.

That's my analytics.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:28 - Feb 20 with 2672 viewsWatfordR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 20:54 - Feb 20 by Hooparoo

Forget all the most qualified coach BS. We need some energy and enthusiasm and Ainsworth has both in abundance.

Here's the thing.

Whilst three months of energy and enthusiasm may, I'd say should, keep us up, what do you think an Ainsworth appointment suggests we should expect from QPR while he is manager? It screams to me of 16th as the target for the foreseeable.

What players can he attract to the club? What Prem clubs will think of sending their bright young things here? How long will energy and enthusiam keep the decent players that we have interested? How long will flirting with relegation keep Ainsworth in a job?

To paraphrase one of my favourite singer/songwriters, we're telling Gaz that love lasts forever, when we know the night is just hours...
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:30 - Feb 20 with 2629 viewsQPR_John

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:28 - Feb 20 by WatfordR

Here's the thing.

Whilst three months of energy and enthusiasm may, I'd say should, keep us up, what do you think an Ainsworth appointment suggests we should expect from QPR while he is manager? It screams to me of 16th as the target for the foreseeable.

What players can he attract to the club? What Prem clubs will think of sending their bright young things here? How long will energy and enthusiam keep the decent players that we have interested? How long will flirting with relegation keep Ainsworth in a job?

To paraphrase one of my favourite singer/songwriters, we're telling Gaz that love lasts forever, when we know the night is just hours...

“ What Prem clubs will think of sending their bright young things here? ”

I thought that was one of the problems too many loan players.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 2586 viewsLanhoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:28 - Feb 20 by WatfordR

Here's the thing.

Someone thought that Ainsworth was the best person to loan Eze to for his development. Didnt work out too badly.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 2584 viewsWatfordR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:30 - Feb 20 by QPR_John

“ What Prem clubs will think of sending their bright young things here? ”

I thought that was one of the problems too many loan players.

We won't be in a position to buy players of Championship quality to fill the gaps we will have all over the field by the end of the season. Loans will be a reality.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:35 - Feb 20 with 2549 viewsQPR_John

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:33 - Feb 20 by WatfordR

We won't be in a position to buy players of Championship quality to fill the gaps we will have all over the field by the end of the season. Loans will be a reality.

I doubt anybody will be falling over themselves to employ our shower
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:48 - Feb 20 with 2342 viewsnumptydumpty

It's almost by way of elimination that Ainsworth could be appointed.

He has been decent for Wycombe and has helped them achieve more than realistically they should and over a long period.

We had that man for our club in Warburton but the special one was searched for and turned out not to be !!!

There realistically not great deal of names available affordable and possibly could work.

I feel if it comes off Les and Lee get a little bit of kudos but if it goes wrong within a year again, how much longer does Les, Lee etc al get. Are they here until they decide they no longer required.

Surely they must have some accountability.

Couple more failed appointments and it's time for Timmy. Sherwood as part of the dream team.

I am all for Jeff Stelling myself. He retiring from Soccer Saturday and needs a new challenge.

Unbelievable Jeff...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:49 - Feb 20 with 2336 viewsloftboy

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:35 - Feb 20 by QPR_John

I doubt anybody will be falling over themselves to employ our shower

John Eustace now being linked.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:50 - Feb 20 with 2301 viewsWatfordR

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:33 - Feb 20 by Lanhoop

Someone thought that Ainsworth was the best person to loan Eze to for his development. Didnt work out too badly.

Quick look down Wycombe's squad, looks like one loanee from Wolves, joined in january.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:56 - Feb 20 with 2203 viewsaston_hoop

Ebere Eze having a loan spell under Ainsworth did him no harm to be fair

Edit - Sorry Lanhoop already made that point! oh well, lets remember it

[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 21:57]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:07 - Feb 20 with 2017 viewsstevec

It must be going through Ainsworths mind that they’ve had opportunities to ask me before and didn’t bother.
Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 22:09 - Feb 20 with 1997 viewsdanehoop

Sky reporting we're in talks with Wild Thing on 21:56 - Feb 20 by aston_hoop

Ebere Eze having a loan spell under Ainsworth did him no harm to be fair

Edit - Sorry Lanhoop already made that point! oh well, lets remember it

[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 21:57]

I thought it was interesting that he is well rated in terms of player development and we seem to do well from their setup and vice versa. He did a really good job in how he helped in Eze's development building his confidence, fitness and improving his chasing back and covering.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024