Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions 20:30 - Mar 1 with 3924 viewsgrumpy

1.Are we at home because it doesn't sound like it
2. Its the 5th round of the FA Cup,why are we not playing our best 11?
Are we saving our best players for the Leicester game? If so its not gong to make any
difference.
That's the trouble this season we have used so many players nobody knows what to do.
St. Marys is an embarrassment,we knew Grimsby would bring a big support down and take over the Northam End and with that move our fans about its so depressing.
Either give us the whole Northam End and move the Away Fans or make a concerted effort to make the Chaple End a Home end.
Listening to the game the Saints fans sound like they have been drained of any enthusiasm.
Questions on 21:37 - Mar 1 with 3210 viewsSouthSeaSaint

They have!!!!!!!!!
Questions on 21:40 - Mar 1 with 3185 viewsMattFinish

I can answer no 2 Grumps, we don’t have any best players
Questions on 21:44 - Mar 1 with 3157 viewsNinja9

ST Marys is shit . How can it be that an away team take over nearly the whole of one end . Even season ticket holders have to move for a cup game . Its pathetic . It was more like a home game for Grimsby tonight .
Questions on 21:45 - Mar 1 with 3143 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I have been saying to move the away fans for many,many years , as we NEED all the help we can get at home.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Questions on 21:47 - Mar 1 with 3113 viewscocklebreath

Questions on 21:45 - Mar 1 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I have been saying to move the away fans for many,many years , as we NEED all the help we can get at home.

SHUT Up

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Questions on 21:49 - Mar 1 with 3114 viewsgrumpy

Away fans must love coming to St. Marys, get the numbers and you can take over a whole end and move the most vocal home fans around the ground.Great view,not like in some other grounds and the very good prospect of a win.
Questions on 22:26 - Mar 1 with 3013 viewssotonian

Questions on 21:49 - Mar 1 by grumpy

Away fans must love coming to St. Marys, get the numbers and you can take over a whole end and move the most vocal home fans around the ground.Great view,not like in some other grounds and the very good prospect of a win.

From day 1 it was known that the away fans would have half the Northam end and more of that end for increased allocation, it made sense for crowd control and where the coaches would park,

For some reason the vocal section of saints fans also chose the Northam end, knowing they would be moved for cup games, then have moaned about it ever since 🤷‍♂️
Questions on 22:30 - Mar 1 with 2999 viewsNinja9

And that makes it right does it
Login to get fewer ads

Questions on 22:43 - Mar 1 with 2963 viewsNumber_58

I was there tonight and I can reassure Grumpy that Grimsby having the whole Northam End made f*ck all difference to the result. The way Saints played, if Grimsby's entire allocation had consisted of two tickets in the Kingsland ladies bog, we'd have still lost that game. The team selection was rubbish and the players selected weren't good enough. No amount of Saints' fans in the Northam End would've changed that.
Questions on 22:57 - Mar 1 with 2939 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 22:43 - Mar 1 by Number_58

I was there tonight and I can reassure Grumpy that Grimsby having the whole Northam End made f*ck all difference to the result. The way Saints played, if Grimsby's entire allocation had consisted of two tickets in the Kingsland ladies bog, we'd have still lost that game. The team selection was rubbish and the players selected weren't good enough. No amount of Saints' fans in the Northam End would've changed that.

So you’re saying a strong home end makes no difference because the team selection was poor! I have heard it all now…..
Questions on 23:12 - Mar 1 with 2888 viewsNumber_58

Questions on 22:57 - Mar 1 by grumpy

So you’re saying a strong home end makes no difference because the team selection was poor! I have heard it all now…..

You were moaning about Grimsby having the whole Northam end of the ground and I pointed out that it made no difference to the result of the game because we were so sh*te. Is that a bit too hard to understand?
Questions on 23:19 - Mar 1 with 2866 viewsLondonSaint76

Questions on 21:44 - Mar 1 by Ninja9

ST Marys is shit . How can it be that an away team take over nearly the whole of one end . Even season ticket holders have to move for a cup game . Its pathetic . It was more like a home game for Grimsby tonight .

Wish it had been a home game for |Grimsby - no VAR at their gaff...

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Questions on 23:23 - Mar 1 with 2860 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 23:12 - Mar 1 by Number_58

You were moaning about Grimsby having the whole Northam end of the ground and I pointed out that it made no difference to the result of the game because we were so sh*te. Is that a bit too hard to understand?

What I understand is making your home ground a home ground does make a difference.Grimsby fans made a difference ours did not.
Questions on 23:34 - Mar 1 with 2836 viewsMytchettSaint

Questions on 23:23 - Mar 1 by grumpy

What I understand is making your home ground a home ground does make a difference.Grimsby fans made a difference ours did not.

The trouble is we’ve got such a disenchanted fan base we could have had 25K fans in there tonight who would have done nothing more than tut loudly.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Questions on 23:36 - Mar 1 with 2831 viewsNumber_58

Questions on 23:23 - Mar 1 by grumpy

Mate, I was there tonight. We could have banned all the Grimsby fans from attending and given each and every one of our own fans a flare, a flag, a rattle and a f*cking vuvuzela and I can assure you that we would still have lost. We are bottom of the league and out of the cup for a reason, and it ain't because we give the opposition fans too many tickets.
Questions on 23:44 - Mar 1 with 2818 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 23:34 - Mar 1 by MytchettSaint

The trouble is we’ve got such a disenchanted fan base we could have had 25K fans in there tonight who would have done nothing more than tut loudly.

I have supported Saints since my uncle took to my first game and that was a very long time ago. Saints fans are as passionate and vocal as any other. Believe me they don’t want to tut loudly.
Questions on 23:44 - Mar 1 with 2816 viewsSouthamptonfan

Questions on 23:36 - Mar 1 by Number_58

Mate, I was there tonight. We could have banned all the Grimsby fans from attending and given each and every one of our own fans a flare, a flag, a rattle and a f*cking vuvuzela and I can assure you that we would still have lost. We are bottom of the league and out of the cup for a reason, and it ain't because we give the opposition fans too many tickets.

It's because the players are sh!t. Our fans know this, so they don't buy tickets so Saints gave loads to the away team, to give bring the attendance up a bit.
[Post edited 1 Mar 2023 23:47]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Questions on 23:48 - Mar 1 with 2810 viewsNinja9

Questions on 23:12 - Mar 1 by Number_58

Hypothetical comment , how do you know it didnt make a difference . They dont move the Kop for a fookin cup game .
Questions on 23:52 - Mar 1 with 2798 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 23:36 - Mar 1 by Number_58

I don’t care how many Grimsby fans were given tickets. What I am saying is we constantly surrender home advantage when there is a big away following . That does nothing to help the atmosphere.Grimsby should never had won tonight but their fans helped ours did not.
Questions on 23:55 - Mar 1 with 2781 viewsSouthamptonfan

It does make a difference to the away side being roared on by a loud away following, it no doubt helped Grimsby a lot, but League 2 vs Premier league, shouldn't make a difference to professional premier league players on a 100 grand a week. When we had VD, Mane, Pelle in our team, it made no difference to the away side then. We have terrible players and that's ultimately why we lose games.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Questions on 01:00 - Mar 2 with 2734 viewssledger

our club is sucking the life out of its fans,and we pay for that feeling
Questions on 09:29 - Mar 2 with 2381 viewsNumber_58

Questions on 23:48 - Mar 1 by Ninja9

Hypothetical comment , how do you know it didnt make a difference . They dont move the Kop for a fookin cup game .

There have been times in the past when we've had virtually the whole Northam Stand to ourselves and the atmosphere's still been crap and made no discernible difference on the pitch, and conversely there have also been times when we've given virtually all of it to the oppo and the atmopshere's been great (West Ham in the cup last year for example). We had 12,000 more fans in the ground than Grimsby last night and we hardly heard a peep, apart from the usual lot in the corners who tend to make all the noise anyway. Even if the club did move the away fans to another area, they'd still make more noise than us (after all, we're not the San Siro or St James Park where some parts of the ground are in a different postcode) and our noisiest fans would almost certainly follow them because, for some bizarre reason, they like to be reminded at close quarters of just how sh*t we are. Ultimately, this eternal longing for a 'home end' just masks the fact that in general we are a pretty quiet and timid set of fans with hardly any songs and f*ck all to sing about atm anyway.
Questions on 09:39 - Mar 2 with 2363 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 23:55 - Mar 1 by Southamptonfan

It does make a difference to the away side being roared on by a loud away following, it no doubt helped Grimsby a lot, but League 2 vs Premier league, shouldn't make a difference to professional premier league players on a 100 grand a week. When we had VD, Mane, Pelle in our team, it made no difference to the away side then. We have terrible players and that's ultimately why we lose games.

Yes!we do have some poor players but they're not all poor players.
The way they have all disintegrated this season has been alarming.
Kyle-Walker Peters and Romain Perraud are decent full backs.
Mohammed Salisu and Armel Bella-Kotchap are good Centre Backs.
JWP could walk into most Premiership Teams.
Kamaldeen Sulemana and Paul Onuachu look promising.
Its off the field that is the problem.
3 Managers in a season.
All 3 look like they have lost the plot.
St. Marys is not home friendly.
I read that some think the fans wouldn't have made any difference last night,that is so wrong,those Grimsby fans made a difference last night.
Saints fans away are brilliant,come home and they are not and that indicates there is something wrong with St. Marys.
To be honest I'm not too depressed with the thought of going down to the Championship,this club needs to have a long hard look at itself.
Questions on 09:47 - Mar 2 with 2351 viewsgrumpy

Questions on 09:29 - Mar 2 by Number_58

There have been times in the past when we've had virtually the whole Northam Stand to ourselves and the atmosphere's still been crap and made no discernible difference on the pitch, and conversely there have also been times when we've given virtually all of it to the oppo and the atmopshere's been great (West Ham in the cup last year for example). We had 12,000 more fans in the ground than Grimsby last night and we hardly heard a peep, apart from the usual lot in the corners who tend to make all the noise anyway. Even if the club did move the away fans to another area, they'd still make more noise than us (after all, we're not the San Siro or St James Park where some parts of the ground are in a different postcode) and our noisiest fans would almost certainly follow them because, for some bizarre reason, they like to be reminded at close quarters of just how sh*t we are. Ultimately, this eternal longing for a 'home end' just masks the fact that in general we are a pretty quiet and timid set of fans with hardly any songs and f*ck all to sing about atm anyway.

'pretty quiet and timid set of fans'
Absolute Rubbish.
Questions on 09:53 - Mar 2 with 2334 viewsNumber_58

Questions on 09:47 - Mar 2 by grumpy

'pretty quiet and timid set of fans'
Absolute Rubbish.

Do you actually go to games?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024