Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Man City v Real Madrid 13:39 - May 17 with 1695 viewsPatfromPoole

I guess the anti-City fraternity will be praying for a Madrid win, in the same way that 90% of English football fans wanted Liverpool to lose last year’s final.

I don’t mind City, never have. I remember their fans in the 90’s when they were a struggling Prem side and I’m sure a lot of the fans from that generation will resent the new breed of photo-taking weirdos (watch out for lots of that going on tonight….).

I will have half an eye on this and also on Middlesbrough v Cov (as that has more of an impact on Saints) but I won’t be upset at all if City win tonight.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Man City v Real Madrid on 13:53 - May 17 with 1644 viewssolent_toffee

I’m currently in Spain (Gran Canaria) so will go out and watch it this evening and hope City. I’m not a big fan of Madrid, and although I don’t like the stupid amount of money City have and spend, I’ve given up giving a monkeys about it as there’s nothing you can do as a football fan. Newcastle and this next Man U owner will pretty much kill off any competition.
Man City v Real Madrid on 14:10 - May 17 with 1633 views1885_SFC

I don't mind City. United I can't abide, but City... yeah, I don't have any beef with them.

In my much younger days when I was posted to my first ever ship in the late 70's, HMS Bulwark, an aircraft carrier with a crew of 1000, we had three good lads in my messdeck from Manchester who were all massive City fans. I used to stay the weekend up there with them at one or another's house - Salford and Cheadle Hulme/Stockport areas - and tried to tie it in whenever Saints were at City or United. I remember Chris Nicholl's Saints drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford - with all four of us supporting Saints with only me as a Saints fan!

But yeah, really good lads were Dave, Pod & Sparrow - and back in the days when City were always in United's shadow of course. I lost touch when the ship was scrapped early due to a fire whilst alongside in Philadelphia in 1980 and we went our separate ways to other ships (in my case, the brand spanking new HMS Southampton, built locally in Vospers Yard, Woolston and commissioned in 1981) and they were scattered amongst various other HM Ships. So, in the hope that all three lads are still around today, I hope City win the cup for their benefit.

Old School is Cool

Man City v Real Madrid on 14:20 - May 17 with 1629 viewsSonicBoom

Me either.
So far City still seem to have less of the obnoxious PL players that other top clubs do. Pep seems to go for a more humble and quiet type like Mahrez, De Bruyne and Gundogan.
Then again it is getting a bit boring that they win the league every year.
Man City v Real Madrid on 15:01 - May 17 with 1581 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick will be cheering Madrid on but I guess he is a Liverpool fan at heart.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Man City v Real Madrid on 15:51 - May 17 with 1549 viewsWints76

I have no feelings towards City really, though last time.I was there the fans had 100% gone down the supposed arrogant route that they have accused United fans of for years.

Hope they win tonight though as I can't stand Madrid. Pressure will be on City though. They HAVE to win this competition soon and Madrid are the last side they would want to face
[Post edited 17 May 2023 15:51]
Man City v Real Madrid on 15:57 - May 17 with 1536 views1885_SFC

Man City v Real Madrid on 15:51 - May 17 by Wints76

I have no feelings towards City really, though last time.I was there the fans had 100% gone down the supposed arrogant route that they have accused United fans of for years.

Hope they win tonight though as I can't stand Madrid. Pressure will be on City though. They HAVE to win this competition soon and Madrid are the last side they would want to face
[Post edited 17 May 2023 15:51]

From a footballing perspective, it should be a cracking game. Real have been there, seen it, done it - many times over the years.

Narrow win, 2-1 to City I reckon.

Old School is Cool

Man City v Real Madrid on 17:32 - May 17 with 1484 viewsTripleNiemi

Whilst I don’t condone or support the CL or set up, still quite like City so good luck to ‘em…,

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Man City v Real Madrid on 20:52 - May 17 with 1380 viewssaintwizzler

Fantastic football from Manchester City.
The Champions League knockout stages are a joy to watch.

Real Madrid need Djenepo and Mara.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Login to get fewer ads

Man City v Real Madrid on 21:51 - May 17 with 1342 viewsinthebox

In Spain Real Madrid are remembered as Franco's team so there is political partisan element there, it also decides the city Real, the affluent and Athletico, the proletariat .
Man City v Real Madrid on 22:04 - May 17 with 1326 viewscotswoldsaint

City win and the quadruple is still on! Premier League title, Champions League winners, FA Cup winners and League Cup win....oh no, forgotten about that. Nathan Jones, take a bow !
Man City v Real Madrid on 09:28 - May 18 with 1180 viewsRon11

Man City v Real Madrid on 14:10 - May 17 by 1885_SFC

I don't mind City. United I can't abide, but City... yeah, I don't have any beef with them.

In my much younger days when I was posted to my first ever ship in the late 70's, HMS Bulwark, an aircraft carrier with a crew of 1000, we had three good lads in my messdeck from Manchester who were all massive City fans. I used to stay the weekend up there with them at one or another's house - Salford and Cheadle Hulme/Stockport areas - and tried to tie it in whenever Saints were at City or United. I remember Chris Nicholl's Saints drawing 1-1 at Old Trafford - with all four of us supporting Saints with only me as a Saints fan!

But yeah, really good lads were Dave, Pod & Sparrow - and back in the days when City were always in United's shadow of course. I lost touch when the ship was scrapped early due to a fire whilst alongside in Philadelphia in 1980 and we went our separate ways to other ships (in my case, the brand spanking new HMS Southampton, built locally in Vospers Yard, Woolston and commissioned in 1981) and they were scattered amongst various other HM Ships. So, in the hope that all three lads are still around today, I hope City win the cup for their benefit.

I have history with City. Being from Gillingham, I was at Wembley for the 1999 play off final to League 2 when the Gills played Man.City. It was 2-1 to Gillingham at full time but referee Mark Halsey added an inexplicable 7 or 8 minutes of injury time, handing a chance to City to get back into it, which they did, it ended 2-2 and City won 3-1 on penalties. Then Halsey was seen celebrating with City fans at a hotel later that day....bent or what?
However water has passed under the bridge (never forgiven Halsey though) and City got the money poured in and the rest is history. It's the the self entitled Man U lot I can't abide, with their hordes of plastics all over the country. I like Guardiola, he's not loud or too aggressive, but like most of the top managers, I wonder how they would get on as manager of a club with a limited budget?
I'm a SSN and Leander bloke, by the way.
Man City v Real Madrid on 22:48 - May 18 with 1038 viewshedgeend61

May still end in tears for City.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/football/carragher-warns-manchester-city-winnin

Little bit far fetched to believe they're not guilty of all 115 charges isn't it?

Hope Inter do it, though they've got little chance, because then it keeps City winning the same amount of Champions Leagues as Saints. Zero
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024