Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mourinho 09:44 - Jun 1 with 2862 viewsPatfromPoole

Wonder what our resident official of this parish makes of the antics of Europe’s worst loser last night…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Mourinho on 11:06 - Jun 1 with 2038 viewsSFC_Referee

Yeah well I was watching that clown on his bench last night, being the real f*ing disgrace to football along with all the Sevilla lot, as it just highlights how pathetic this game is getting and how all the authorities really do need to get their act together and change things if they wanna stop it all. As from a neutral perspective who’s actually had to be the guy in the middle before, I personally think he had a great game managing a really challenging game that most people wouldn’t have a chance in the world of handling.

As every foul that was/wasn’t given, you had 22 players all around Taylor, saying it’s not a foul or saying it’s a yellow etc…, every time anything big happened all the players going over to him demanding that VAR checks it, players falling and rolling around to ground for absolutely nothing. All just pathetic and an embarrassment to the game, but hats off to Taylor who wasn’t having any of it, telling them to bugger off, booking players for simulation and dissent which too few officials do!

As about the only thing I didn’t agree with was the retaking of the Sevilla pen that the keeper saved for him being off his line, as from what we’ve all seen in the past, that just never happens unless they’re on the edge of the 6 yard box. As yeah he is off of his line, but not by much, although if all games with VAR start doing that then I’ll take it back, it’s just I highly doubt that’s gonna happen. But even then, Roma were still almost certain to loose even if the penalty had stood.

But everything else in my view he got spot on, and managed the game really well, as it’s not often you hear pundits praising officials and saying how they deserved it when they’re going up to get their medals. As I think that’s one of the best officiating displays I’ve seen in a long time

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Mourinho on 11:28 - Jun 1 with 2025 viewssaintwizzler

Mourinho on 11:06 - Jun 1 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well I was watching that clown on his bench last night, being the real f*ing disgrace to football along with all the Sevilla lot, as it just highlights how pathetic this game is getting and how all the authorities really do need to get their act together and change things if they wanna stop it all. As from a neutral perspective who’s actually had to be the guy in the middle before, I personally think he had a great game managing a really challenging game that most people wouldn’t have a chance in the world of handling.

As every foul that was/wasn’t given, you had 22 players all around Taylor, saying it’s not a foul or saying it’s a yellow etc…, every time anything big happened all the players going over to him demanding that VAR checks it, players falling and rolling around to ground for absolutely nothing. All just pathetic and an embarrassment to the game, but hats off to Taylor who wasn’t having any of it, telling them to bugger off, booking players for simulation and dissent which too few officials do!

As about the only thing I didn’t agree with was the retaking of the Sevilla pen that the keeper saved for him being off his line, as from what we’ve all seen in the past, that just never happens unless they’re on the edge of the 6 yard box. As yeah he is off of his line, but not by much, although if all games with VAR start doing that then I’ll take it back, it’s just I highly doubt that’s gonna happen. But even then, Roma were still almost certain to loose even if the penalty had stood.

But everything else in my view he got spot on, and managed the game really well, as it’s not often you hear pundits praising officials and saying how they deserved it when they’re going up to get their medals. As I think that’s one of the best officiating displays I’ve seen in a long time

A clown that’s won…
Champions League twice with two different clubs.
Premier League winner three times.
Italian Champions with Inter twice.
Spanish Champion with Real Madrid.
Europa League winner.
UEFA Cup winner.
Conference League winner.
Cup winner in England, Spain and Italy.

A proper clown. 🫣

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Mourinho on 11:45 - Jun 1 with 1990 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 11:28 - Jun 1 by saintwizzler

A clown that’s won…
Champions League twice with two different clubs.
Premier League winner three times.
Italian Champions with Inter twice.
Spanish Champion with Real Madrid.
Europa League winner.
UEFA Cup winner.
Conference League winner.
Cup winner in England, Spain and Italy.

A proper clown. 🫣

Didn’t know you can’t call someone a clown for the way they always act towards officials? As I don’t disagree that he’s a great manager for his tactical skills and such, but he sure is a clown when it comes down to blaming officials and always being a right sore looser

Mourinho on 11:56 - Jun 1 with 1988 viewssaintwizzler

Mourinho on 11:45 - Jun 1 by SFC_Referee

Didn’t know you can’t call someone a clown for the way they always act towards officials? As I don’t disagree that he’s a great manager for his tactical skills and such, but he sure is a clown when it comes down to blaming officials and always being a right sore looser

I wish we had a sore loser as a manager instead of losers.

Mourinho on 12:00 - Jun 1 with 1985 viewsIfonly

Mourinho on 11:06 - Jun 1 by SFC_Referee

I agree. Taylor did a great job. All this shithousery is getting worse and it's spoiling the game. I read today that Sevilla planned to copy the Roma approach to keep a level playing field. They didn't have to because Taylor was strong enough not to take any bullshit, but most referees wouldn't be and so the shithousery wins.

It will increasingly happen here too. Eddie Howe spent his time after leaving Bmouth learning how to adapt his style to concede fewer goals and close out wins. He spent time at Athletico Madrid training sessions with Diego Simeone (shithousery guru) and no doubt Kieran Trippier has passed on some of that too. Newcastle have definitely had an element of shithousery about them this year.
Mourinho on 12:11 - Jun 1 with 1960 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 12:00 - Jun 1 by Ifonly

I agree. Taylor did a great job. All this shithousery is getting worse and it's spoiling the game. I read today that Sevilla planned to copy the Roma approach to keep a level playing field. They didn't have to because Taylor was strong enough not to take any bullshit, but most referees wouldn't be and so the shithousery wins.

It will increasingly happen here too. Eddie Howe spent his time after leaving Bmouth learning how to adapt his style to concede fewer goals and close out wins. He spent time at Athletico Madrid training sessions with Diego Simeone (shithousery guru) and no doubt Kieran Trippier has passed on some of that too. Newcastle have definitely had an element of shithousery about them this year.

Yeah well that’s why the authorities need to knuckle down and do something about all these imbeciles once and for all!

Mourinho on 16:56 - Jun 1 with 1869 viewssaint901

Mourinho is just like any number of entitled idiots who play, manage and run the game. He thinks the rules that apply to him should be different from everybody else because he's "special".

He may be a very good manager and tactician but he comes across as a terrible human being.

If I had a toddler tantrum every time things did not go my way, I'd rightly be regarded as a child and not an adult.

To me a poor loser is one who reacts professionally in public to a loss and then goes home and vents his frustration on something inanimate. He then goes back to the training ground and puts into practice the lessons he learnt in defeat.

Seeing how characters react to losing is enlightening. Mourinho was clearly put out because the ref was not buying the diving and rolling around. As that was his tactic to defeat a better team, his whole strategy was wrecked. But that could not be his fault and therefore he had to blame another.

I'd hope he'd get a "no football activity" ban for 12 months, but UEFA is gutless and at best we'll see a small fine.

(As for being off his line and a penalty retaken, I agree that it should have been retaken. The rule is that the keeper has to be in contact with the line when the ball is kicked. If he's not, he's in breach of the rules. Equally I'm hacked off with how refs allow penalty takers to pause and hesitate.)
Mourinho on 17:28 - Jun 1 with 1838 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 16:56 - Jun 1 by saint901

Mourinho is just like any number of entitled idiots who play, manage and run the game. He thinks the rules that apply to him should be different from everybody else because he's "special".

He may be a very good manager and tactician but he comes across as a terrible human being.

If I had a toddler tantrum every time things did not go my way, I'd rightly be regarded as a child and not an adult.

To me a poor loser is one who reacts professionally in public to a loss and then goes home and vents his frustration on something inanimate. He then goes back to the training ground and puts into practice the lessons he learnt in defeat.

Seeing how characters react to losing is enlightening. Mourinho was clearly put out because the ref was not buying the diving and rolling around. As that was his tactic to defeat a better team, his whole strategy was wrecked. But that could not be his fault and therefore he had to blame another.

I'd hope he'd get a "no football activity" ban for 12 months, but UEFA is gutless and at best we'll see a small fine.

(As for being off his line and a penalty retaken, I agree that it should have been retaken. The rule is that the keeper has to be in contact with the line when the ball is kicked. If he's not, he's in breach of the rules. Equally I'm hacked off with how refs allow penalty takers to pause and hesitate.)

Yeah agree with most of that saint901, although you can’t exactly have a go at refs for allowing players to pause and hesitate with their penalties, because that’s allowed under the LOTG, whilst a keeper coming off the line and encroaching isn’t. As that’s down to IFAB to decide and not the refs

Login to get fewer ads

Mourinho on 17:48 - Jun 1 with 1830 viewsIfonly

Mourinho on 17:28 - Jun 1 by SFC_Referee

Yeah agree with most of that saint901, although you can’t exactly have a go at refs for allowing players to pause and hesitate with their penalties, because that’s allowed under the LOTG, whilst a keeper coming off the line and encroaching isn’t. As that’s down to IFAB to decide and not the refs

Legal to pause? That depends when exactly they pause...

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-when-lionel-messi-got-booked-for-an-ill
Mourinho on 19:43 - Jun 1 with 1776 viewssaintwizzler

Mourinho on 20:19 - Jun 1 with 1740 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 17:48 - Jun 1 by Ifonly

Legal to pause? That depends when exactly they pause...

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-when-lionel-messi-got-booked-for-an-ill

Yes but as the LOTG state they only can’t pause when they’re at the end of their run up, and in both the Pogba and the Messi infants I’m pretty certain both also have two sings at the ball by swinging their legs back a little after doing their initial feint, which is also an infringement.
But the point is that most of the hesitations and feinting is well before the end of the run up and ones where they don’t swing for the ball, which is legal so the refs can do nothing about

Mourinho on 20:27 - Jun 1 with 1729 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 19:43 - Jun 1 by saintwizzler

Like I’ve said before, it’s only a matter of time until something happens, as the authorities really do need to get their acts together as the fact that soo many of the clowns are all blaming him for last night even after getting all the major decisions correct and officiating it really well, you still get loads going for him. As honestly it’s only a matter of time until a refs assaulted or worse killed in/around a major game by some of these d*ckheads

Mourinho on 09:35 - Jun 2 with 1623 viewssledger

saw a match at afc totton this season in the southern league where totton penalty was disallowed for a stop start penalty,game was restarted with a free kick to the defence.A penalty should only be legal with a smooth uninterupted run up.
Mourinho on 09:44 - Jun 2 with 1614 views1885_SFC

That's what happens when you allow English PL refs to manage a football game. Serves UEFA right.

Old School is Cool

Mourinho on 09:49 - Jun 2 with 1610 viewsSonicBoom

These days who in their right mind would consider being a ref?
I've played in games where ref's have been threatened by some aggressive dickhead on the pitch and one where some tough guy was rightly sent off then he spat at the ref.

It doesn't get better the higher up the leagues you go. Taylor is at the top and he's in games where the managers tell their players to surround and hound the ref as a "tactic". Then if a team loses a manager abuses him in the car park! This isn't sunday league.

I'm convinced that by not stamping this out we will just end up with no referees at all. seriously why would you bother?
I'll say though that the ruling bodies are to blame. You let players run up to a ref once and shout, then next foul there will be two of them, then three.
I'd personally say the players cannot approach the ref - just accept the decision. You shout, push or gesture and you're off. Same with managers, you abuse a ref and you're sent to the stand. You do it twice and you are in the stand for the entire season.
One ting football teams are good at is adapting to anything that gives them an advantage. As soon as they realise there is zero tolerance, it will stop almost immediately.
The reason we are where we are is the acceptance of this deteriorating behaviour over time. Would the game be worse if the refs adopted zero tolerance?
I'd say definitely not.
Mourinho on 10:40 - Jun 2 with 1569 viewsHeisenberg

Mourinho on 09:44 - Jun 2 by 1885_SFC

That's what happens when you allow English PL refs to manage a football game. Serves UEFA right.

So it’s UEFAs fault and Taylor’s refereeing that is the cause of it. Mourinho abusing Taylor and fans threatening his family is somehow justified ?

The refs should down tools and go on strike until they are shown some respect. As others have said it’s a matter of time before something terrible happens.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Mourinho on 12:10 - Jun 2 with 1517 viewssaint901

Absolutely agree that the hounding of refs and officials by players and managers has reached a point where something needs to be done.

A few ideas.

1. Any decision which is contested by more than one player from the same team = upgrade an indirect kick to a direct and/or advancing the kick ten metres.

2. If the above happens more than ten times a season to the same team - points deduction.

3. Any discussion between a non player and an official which strays into "abusive" or "provocative" gives the 4th official (or the ref) the ability to remove them from the touchline.

4. Any manager removed from touchline (or coach/sub etc) gets a one game ban

5. Fines to somebody paid millions a year should be means tested, i.e. one weeks "pay" for a first offence, two for second etc.
Mourinho on 12:23 - Jun 2 with 1507 viewsHeisenberg

Mourinho on 12:10 - Jun 2 by saint901

Absolutely agree that the hounding of refs and officials by players and managers has reached a point where something needs to be done.

A few ideas.

1. Any decision which is contested by more than one player from the same team = upgrade an indirect kick to a direct and/or advancing the kick ten metres.

2. If the above happens more than ten times a season to the same team - points deduction.

3. Any discussion between a non player and an official which strays into "abusive" or "provocative" gives the 4th official (or the ref) the ability to remove them from the touchline.

4. Any manager removed from touchline (or coach/sub etc) gets a one game ban

5. Fines to somebody paid millions a year should be means tested, i.e. one weeks "pay" for a first offence, two for second etc.

I would follow rugby. Only the captain can address the referee and can only do so in a calm manner. Anyone surrounding the ref or shouting in his face should receive a yellow card. If it’s persistent from a team then the ref should call over the captain and warn that future offences will result in a red card for the offender. In top of that give the authorities powers to give retrospective penalties including fines, suspensions and possible points reductions.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Mourinho on 12:34 - Jun 2 with 1506 viewsCity_boy

He needs a lengthy ban for his behaviour and harassing the Taylor after the game.

Mourinho has history of doing this. His vile actions have undoubtedly contributed to Roma fans targeting Taylor and his family at the airport.
Mourinho on 14:23 - Jun 2 with 1458 viewsSaintNick

Mourinho on 12:34 - Jun 2 by City_boy

He needs a lengthy ban for his behaviour and harassing the Taylor after the game.

Mourinho has history of doing this. His vile actions have undoubtedly contributed to Roma fans targeting Taylor and his family at the airport.

Referees are afraid of courting controversy because they know the Premier League & etc are giving them no backing and the "Special" managers like Mourinho will get them sacked .

Too many managers are twisting the rules, Steve Cooper at Forest is one of them, every time his team heads a corner away, one of his players goes down clutching his head forcing the referee to stop the game for a head injury when the attacking are often in a good position. Usually there has been no real contact or a free kick given.

It all has to be clamped down on, retrospective action from video evidence would clamp down on the divers, insisting that those who go down clutching their head have to have the trainer on and then got off for 2 minutes of treatment to ensure there are no after affects

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mourinho on 15:10 - Jun 2 with 1414 viewsCity_boy

Mourinho on 14:23 - Jun 2 by SaintNick

Referees are afraid of courting controversy because they know the Premier League & etc are giving them no backing and the "Special" managers like Mourinho will get them sacked .

Too many managers are twisting the rules, Steve Cooper at Forest is one of them, every time his team heads a corner away, one of his players goes down clutching his head forcing the referee to stop the game for a head injury when the attacking are often in a good position. Usually there has been no real contact or a free kick given.

It all has to be clamped down on, retrospective action from video evidence would clamp down on the divers, insisting that those who go down clutching their head have to have the trainer on and then got off for 2 minutes of treatment to ensure there are no after affects

I agree with comments Nick, but Saints haven't exactly been squeaky clean with players going down injured on the hour mark, to allow players to get drinks (probably energy drinks) and get instruction from manager.

On separate note, I played vets football (over 35's) for a number of years and it was noticeable how much more sporting and enjoyable it was to play. It was still competitive, but without the fights, arguing and cheating. Perhaps they had just got it out of their system ?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 15:10]
Mourinho on 16:17 - Jun 2 with 1359 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 09:44 - Jun 2 by 1885_SFC

And that arrogance there is why clowns like yourself will never be satisfied with officials no matter what they do. As anyone who watched the game will know that Taylor did really well in it
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 16:44]

Mourinho on 16:23 - Jun 2 with 1361 views1885_SFC

Mourinho on 16:17 - Jun 2 by SFC_Referee

And that arrogance there is why clowns like yourself will never be satisfied with officials no matter what they do. As anyone who watched the game will know that Taylor did really well in it
[Post edited 2 Jun 2023 16:44]

Yeah, well, English PL refs are the sh1ttest in Europe. Everyone knows that - including UEFA.

It's only you that doesn't.

Old School is Cool

Mourinho on 16:34 - Jun 2 with 1349 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 09:49 - Jun 2 by SonicBoom

These days who in their right mind would consider being a ref?
I've played in games where ref's have been threatened by some aggressive dickhead on the pitch and one where some tough guy was rightly sent off then he spat at the ref.

It doesn't get better the higher up the leagues you go. Taylor is at the top and he's in games where the managers tell their players to surround and hound the ref as a "tactic". Then if a team loses a manager abuses him in the car park! This isn't sunday league.

I'm convinced that by not stamping this out we will just end up with no referees at all. seriously why would you bother?
I'll say though that the ruling bodies are to blame. You let players run up to a ref once and shout, then next foul there will be two of them, then three.
I'd personally say the players cannot approach the ref - just accept the decision. You shout, push or gesture and you're off. Same with managers, you abuse a ref and you're sent to the stand. You do it twice and you are in the stand for the entire season.
One ting football teams are good at is adapting to anything that gives them an advantage. As soon as they realise there is zero tolerance, it will stop almost immediately.
The reason we are where we are is the acceptance of this deteriorating behaviour over time. Would the game be worse if the refs adopted zero tolerance?
I'd say definitely not.

Yeah well it’s exactly what many refs like myself are starting to ask ourselves. As there’s a reason why there’s a lack of referees right now, and incidents like this are only making less people wanna be refs as well as making less current refs as motivated to progress and many are just quitting as they’re getting more and more fed up of it. As I’m hearing form many people I know that there may even be a ref strike at some point this season for a weekend, it’s just they need the refs at the top to do it as well as those at grassroots level.
As the only reason I’m ever continuing to do it is as it’s a job that suits my personality and works really well for me, as well as something I can progress pretty high in, but if it wasn’t for that then yeah I’d also think about stopping. But most refs I know these days are like 50/60 or older, with no ages whatsoever anywhere near the same densities as that, meaning that within 10/20 years there’s gonna be even fewer left.

But who’s at fault for this, is a mixture of people as it’s not just one group, but many combined. As the media for one can be a major issue, as they’ll always find any little thing then can to criticise an official for, and can’t ever seem to except that refs make mistakes, whilst they’ll let off loads of players for own goals, conceded ing pens, missing open goals etc… as they seem to understand that players are humans so mistakes are inevitable, but for some reason expect differently of refs.
But it’s also the corporations like the FA, UEFA, FIFA, etc… for never truly dealing with it, as yeah more does need to be done but they won’t back refs as they care more about the money than they do about referee abuse, as they’d rather a ref gets abused but doesn’t send off the players, meaning they don’t loose money and viewers but continue ref abuse, than actually do something but loose out on a bit more money. As that’s exactly why top level officials are told to basically suck it all up and do nothing about it if they wanna keep their jobs.
But also the players, fans, coaches etc… always blaming officials for their losses and not even knowing the LOTG themselves. As you’ve got clowns like Mourinho blaming Taylor for his teams loss, even when Taylor was outstanding on the night, which only fuels it all even more, as well as loads of idiots on social media like 1885SFC again just always criticising officials for a job that none of them could do any better at, usually for decisions they get correct! As the players and coaches need more than just small fines, but simply long bans to teach the idiots a lesson, as well as helping to use body cameras and have more former refs as pundits to explain to these stupid armchair fans of why refs do certain things and as to just how hard their job actually is! As even doing these youth tournaments over the summer, I’m sure I’ll find some parents to an U7’s game, where it’s non competitive and about developing players, going mental and abusing a young 15 year old ref, which only makes them wanna quite!

But I’m completely with you on the 0 tolerance level, as that’s what the authorities have gotta realise really needs to change if things are to improve, otherwise there’ll be no refs left.
But still things really do need to change or refs are gonna die soon and there’s gonna be none left, and that means that everyone’s gonna have to play their part, and I for one would be happy to do something even if it dies mean going on strike at some point this season!

Mourinho on 16:36 - Jun 2 with 1347 viewsSFC_Referee

Mourinho on 10:40 - Jun 2 by Heisenberg

So it’s UEFAs fault and Taylor’s refereeing that is the cause of it. Mourinho abusing Taylor and fans threatening his family is somehow justified ?

The refs should down tools and go on strike until they are shown some respect. As others have said it’s a matter of time before something terrible happens.

Yeah well I’m hearing that it’s looking more and more likely that it’s gonna happen next season, it’s just the issue is of getting the top level officials to do it as well. But if it does happen, it’ll be on a weekends/gameweek that’ll really annoy many, like on the Boxing Day fixtures or another set that many loom forearm to, to try and get more to realise of what’s gotta change!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024