Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This bit says it all 18:51 - Jun 21 with 3158 viewsSouthamptonfan

“He is a fantastic fit for what we are trying to achieve, with a strong record of developing and nurturing young, talented players to fulfil their potential and deliver results on the pitch".

Developing and nurturing young players - blah blah blah. I will give Russell my full support, what's the point of doing anything else? But it's the same message. So get set for another young inexperienced team with 70% possession. Not convinced, it's the same people at the top with the same naive ideas, but hope it works 🤞
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 18:57]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

This bit says it all on 19:13 - Jun 21 with 3089 viewsSouthamptonfan

Many Swansea fans give their view:

Good luck with Russell, Saints fans. He can be very stubborn and his system of possession football only works if you have players who are comfortable on the ball in the penalty area. His defensive record at Swansea was poor, mainly a factor of putting ourselves under pressure in our own goalmouth. So, be warned

Swansea fans had him sussed with his tippy tippy sideways and backwards style of play. Difficult to see him surviving the season. Good luck to Swansea. Forza Cymru
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 19:13]

This bit says it all on 19:35 - Jun 21 with 3035 viewsBerber

We could have got Brendan Rogers. His pass and move style is infinitely better than our attempts last season. It takes 2-3 seasons for him to lose the squad, but he has a proven track record, even if not perfect. His personal;it’s isn’t attractive, but I don’t need to like the manager if he gets results. But we have got Martin, unproven with a style that hacks the fans off. Good one.
This bit says it all on 20:04 - Jun 21 with 2977 viewsSouthamptonfan

This bit says it all on 19:35 - Jun 21 by Berber

We could have got Brendan Rogers. His pass and move style is infinitely better than our attempts last season. It takes 2-3 seasons for him to lose the squad, but he has a proven track record, even if not perfect. His personal;it’s isn’t attractive, but I don’t need to like the manager if he gets results. But we have got Martin, unproven with a style that hacks the fans off. Good one.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/walsall-fc/2018/11/23/walsalls-rus

He's an environmentalist, Buddhist, Vegan, Green party lover, and loves the women's game.

This bit says it all on 20:39 - Jun 21 with 2928 viewssaint22

“He was the outstanding candidate”

Ffs who else was on the list ‘Arry and Ian Holloway???
This bit says it all on 20:44 - Jun 21 with 2904 viewsgrumpy

This bit says it all on 20:39 - Jun 21 by saint22

Ffs who else was on the list ‘Arry and Ian Holloway???

This bit says it all on 20:45 - Jun 21 with 2902 viewsSalisburySaint

FFS give the bloke a chance

We’ve got him now, he may fail he may succeed, let’s wait and see

Seems too many Saints fans, just happy to moan and complain about everything
This bit says it all on 20:47 - Jun 21 with 2896 viewsRon11

This bit says it all on 20:45 - Jun 21 by SalisburySaint

So you don't understand why Saints fans are now understandably wary and cynical about what this lot are giving us this time?
This bit says it all on 20:51 - Jun 21 with 2886 viewsBuggalugs

Seconded.

The whinging has been excruciating.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

This bit says it all on 21:00 - Jun 21 with 2862 viewsBuggalugs

This bit says it all on 20:47 - Jun 21 by Ron11

So you don't understand why Saints fans are now understandably wary and cynical about what this lot are giving us this time?

But what do you hope to achieve by it? Negativity breeds negativity. Yes, SR made some monumental fvck ups last season, but surely it’s better to put that in the past and look to the the future with positivity?

Constantly whinging and moaning won’t change the appointment, but it will put Martin and the team under pressure right from the start, which is completely counter productive.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:01]

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

This bit says it all on 21:11 - Jun 21 with 2833 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's probably the fear of young inexperienced players (still the same naive statements about developing young players that sent us down) passing out from the back against Rotherham when we are one nil down, when all we want is bullet crosses into the box from aggressive, experienced players to an experienced striker who knows where the net is, whether we have 70% possession or 30%. Like we all knew with Jones, these naive theoretical ideas are just that. Just appoint a hard nosed previously experienced and successful manager who has been there done it, means business, and gets the jobe done.

We are fed up hearing about identities, possession, nurturing young players, just put a f@cking aggressive winning team on the pitch with a manager who knows how to get promoted. Swansea fans also saying he plays frustrating football. We had that all last season. But I take the.point that he has been appointed, so.lets get behind him but most of us think it probably won't work, like we knew with Jones. It's frustrating that the owners who have made so many f@ck ups, that they just don't get their fanbase and don't understand that you can't keep nurturing young players. You need some steel and experience in the team. How we missed Romeu last season. He is everything our current crop of young nurtured players arn't. Yes it's negative but keep giving the same failed messages, and fans arn't gonna like it are they. Last year was a failure, so where is the changed message?
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:19]

This bit says it all on 21:26 - Jun 21 with 2780 viewssaintwizzler

I will support him and the players 100% whilst I am watching them play as I did with EVERY manager before.

I hope he does well.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

This bit says it all on 23:42 - Jun 21 with 2605 viewsChesham_Saint

This bit says it all on 21:00 - Jun 21 by Buggalugs

But what do you hope to achieve by it? Negativity breeds negativity. Yes, SR made some monumental fvck ups last season, but surely it’s better to put that in the past and look to the the future with positivity?

Constantly whinging and moaning won’t change the appointment, but it will put Martin and the team under pressure right from the start, which is completely counter productive.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2023 21:01]

Whinging? Damn right. We pay a lot of money and put a lot of time and passion into supporting Saints so we’re all entitled to a point of view. And this character is massively underwhelming.

My view is that this is an inept, cheap appointment and I see no reason and no ambition in it whatsoever. None.

The owners are a complete joke and I must be too, as I’ve renewed my season ticket out of blind faith.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

This bit says it all on 06:29 - Jun 22 with 2489 viewscocklebreath

Moan moan moan. Like a few have said get behind him, you never know it might just work out okay and to whoever said Brendan Rogers we’ll fook him he’s an absolute bellend.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

This bit says it all on 08:50 - Jun 22 with 2392 viewsChesham_Saint

This bit says it all on 06:29 - Jun 22 by cocklebreath

Moan moan moan. Like a few have said get behind him, you never know it might just work out okay and to whoever said Brendan Rogers we’ll fook him he’s an absolute bellend.

I will moan about the lack of vision and cheapness of this appointment, but I will be behind the team. I wish him well, but this appointment does not make me happy at all. Unlike it seems you, I’m not going to meekly accept this without some push back.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

This bit says it all on 10:18 - Jun 22 with 2334 viewsIfonly

What we say on boards like this is a different thing to supporting the team. I disagree with the appointment but I will give RM my whole support during matches.

Save your lectures for the people who shout "you don't know what you're doing" etc during the game. Before and after the game we should be able to say what the fvck we like. We pay good money and are entitled to our views on how it's spent.
This bit says it all on 11:39 - Jun 22 with 2294 viewsgrumpy

I support the team on the pitch,never booed any player wearing our shirt. Off the pitch I think we have a right to express our feelings, good or bad.I think Saints fans have been incredibly patient considering what’s been going on. Nothing personal against Martin,just can’t understand why we went after him. I hope I am wrong and he succeeds because to see us win a few games would help the positivity.
This bit says it all on 14:16 - Jun 22 with 2206 viewscocklebreath

This bit says it all on 08:50 - Jun 22 by Chesham_Saint

I will moan about the lack of vision and cheapness of this appointment, but I will be behind the team. I wish him well, but this appointment does not make me happy at all. Unlike it seems you, I’m not going to meekly accept this without some push back.

I felt the same as you about the Jones appointment I just have a feeling we’ll do okay. One thing you can’t accuse our owners of is being tight, we blew 150 to come last

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

This bit says it all on 14:50 - Jun 22 with 2176 viewsRon11

This bit says it all on 20:51 - Jun 21 by Buggalugs

Seconded.

The whinging has been excruciating.

So has the football
This bit says it all on 16:29 - Jun 22 with 2124 viewsinthebox

He will have my support, he's the manager. But this stuff just from the club statement doesn't stick

Only Manchester City and Barcelona had a higher average possession in Europe than the Dons that year, who also had the most touches in the opposition box of any team in their division
This bit says it all on 16:49 - Jun 22 with 2109 viewsWinchesterExile

He will have my support but SR and the directors who were directors last season certainly do not and won’t do until we see some beneficial decision making.

Ankerson and Kraft are a liability and Dragan Solak needs to get his finger out of his a*rse and get rid of them immediately.
This bit says it all on 17:37 - Jun 22 with 2074 viewsarfurdent

This bit says it all on 16:49 - Jun 22 by WinchesterExile

He will have my support but SR and the directors who were directors last season certainly do not and won’t do until we see some beneficial decision making.

Ankerson and Kraft are a liability and Dragan Solak needs to get his finger out of his a*rse and get rid of them immediately.

his club, his money

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

This bit says it all on 20:12 - Jun 22 with 2008 viewsWinchesterExile

This bit says it all on 17:37 - Jun 22 by arfurdent

his club, his money

Sure but a football club is nothing without its supporters.
This bit says it all on 20:19 - Jun 22 with 2001 viewsdirk_doone

This bit says it all on 16:29 - Jun 22 by inthebox

He will have my support, he's the manager. But this stuff just from the club statement doesn't stick

Only Manchester City and Barcelona had a higher average possession in Europe than the Dons that year, who also had the most touches in the opposition box of any team in their division

Which year was that? The one when they finished 13th in League One or the one when they finished 19th?

Our owners seem to have incredibly low aspirations for our club. They seem to think they can buy and sell young players for profit regardless of our league position.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2023 20:22]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

This bit says it all on 22:42 - Jun 22 with 1885 views1teeminants

I couldn’t agree more Salisbury . Too many negative people on here. We are a championship team we will not attract a world class manager . Time to get real .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

This bit says it all on 23:01 - Jun 25 with 1549 viewshedgeend61

Don't think I know you, probably seen you at some away games, I'm the goon with the Hedge End flag btw, what a good post, you sound like a proper supporter (not fan), fcuk what Div we're in, we're still going , and look forward to it and enjoy the days out.
If he's no good at the job, he'll get the sack, like half of the 92 League managers next season will, same every season, way it is, they're paid well to win matches, if they don't it's the P45. He's inherited plenty of Championship players, should be fine.

Plenty of moaners, never go to the games, know little about he game but like to post their pony, l try and ignore the nonsense, but sometimes l bite.

Rotherham's me only new ground, but will probably do about half the aways, see you there fella
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024