Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's 22:25 - Jul 19 with 1721 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/60484/ibrahima-diallo-de

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 06:37 - Jul 20 with 1571 viewscocklebreath

This Saudi league is a god send for Saints, we can get rid of all our sh!t we’ve accumulated, it makes other new signings less of a risk just let a rich Saudi side have them when they fail. Perfect.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 07:36 - Jul 20 with 1522 viewsCity_boy

Be good to know how he went for ?

I don't this is a major loss. All part of our rebuilding process.
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 08:05 - Jul 20 with 1488 viewsButty101

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 07:36 - Jul 20 by City_boy

Be good to know how he went for ?

I don't this is a major loss. All part of our rebuilding process.

By my reckoning, since 2016 we have sold 2 (inns and hojberg)players that we bought for a profit. Even then the profit has been minimal due to being in the final year of contracts. Every other player has either been loaned out til their contract expires, or sold for a nominal fee.
Relegation was inevitable with such a poor transfer record

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 08:41 - Jul 20 with 1466 viewsMattFinish

The only issue I have with this departure is it’s 2 seasons too late
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 09:52 - Jul 20 with 1411 viewsBerber

I don’t think anyone has ever posted that his work rate was not up to scratch. What teed off most folk, was his needless turning the ball over to the opposition, often with a blithe unawareness of where they were. He had about 8 decent games for us, if I am generous. I am hugely relieved to see the back of him.
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 10:03 - Jul 20 with 1406 viewssaints__fan__73

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 06:37 - Jul 20 by cocklebreath

This Saudi league is a god send for Saints, we can get rid of all our sh!t we’ve accumulated, it makes other new signings less of a risk just let a rich Saudi side have them when they fail. Perfect.

Diallo hasn't gone to a Saudi league team...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 10:43 - Jul 20 with 1374 viewsDorsetIan

He was one of so many over the last few years that weren't hopeless but who just didn't quite cut it in the PL and who, as a result, delivered very little.

Got to hope that the next round of signings are going to be up to the job of Championship promotion.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 11:16 - Jul 20 with 1357 viewssaint901

For me he was the sort of player we could use when the opposition was weaker. He was exposed by some of the better teams and players.

Decent tackler and good engine but his positional play was weak and he was dragged into where the ball was too often and not sticking to marking the man or the space.

Not the sort of player for the blood and thunder of the Champ.

I wish him well.
Login to get fewer ads

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 11:31 - Jul 20 with 1351 viewsSonicBoom

He was a poor signing. Lightweight, barely impacted a game and let's be honest is no better now than when he arrived.
You know it's bad when you can remember the individual good games a player has.
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 12:56 - Jul 20 with 1307 viewsA1079

I am not disputing that Diallo is a decent guy - I am sure he is, but in my view he was a huge disappointment and too lightweight. I don't buy into this stuff that he worked hard and made a difference - may be one game comes to mind but beyond that I am struggling. He had ample opportunity to grab that midfield position but he didn't. I wish him well but I am not sorry to see him go.
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 13:04 - Jul 20 with 1296 viewsButty101

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 12:56 - Jul 20 by A1079

I am not disputing that Diallo is a decent guy - I am sure he is, but in my view he was a huge disappointment and too lightweight. I don't buy into this stuff that he worked hard and made a difference - may be one game comes to mind but beyond that I am struggling. He had ample opportunity to grab that midfield position but he didn't. I wish him well but I am not sorry to see him go.

Is Diallo taking the pee - Rewarding and unforgettable ffs

"Posting on Instragam about his exit, Diallo wrote: "After three rewarding years, my journey in Southampton ends here. It was an extraordinary experience. I met a lot of nice people and lived unforgettable moments.

"First of all, I thank Allah for allowing me to experience this. Then, I thank my teammates, technical staff, medical staff and all club employees. Without forgetting the supporters who have always supported us in good and bad times."

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 13:21 - Jul 20 with 1288 viewsSaintNick

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 13:04 - Jul 20 by Butty101

Is Diallo taking the pee - Rewarding and unforgettable ffs

"Posting on Instragam about his exit, Diallo wrote: "After three rewarding years, my journey in Southampton ends here. It was an extraordinary experience. I met a lot of nice people and lived unforgettable moments.

"First of all, I thank Allah for allowing me to experience this. Then, I thank my teammates, technical staff, medical staff and all club employees. Without forgetting the supporters who have always supported us in good and bad times."

He has seemingly been brought up to have manners and respect for people, sad really that so many I have seen comment on his departure have not had the same.

His only crime has been to not turn out to be as good as some expected, unlike the likes of Lemina etc, he always gave his all, though that was sometimes not good enough for some.

Why people cant just either say something nice or say nothing at all is strange.

I would say the only sentence that could be construed as taking the pee is.

Without forgetting the supporters who have always supported us in good and bad times."

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 13:33 - Jul 20 with 1282 viewsButty101

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 13:21 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

He has seemingly been brought up to have manners and respect for people, sad really that so many I have seen comment on his departure have not had the same.

His only crime has been to not turn out to be as good as some expected, unlike the likes of Lemina etc, he always gave his all, though that was sometimes not good enough for some.

Why people cant just either say something nice or say nothing at all is strange.

Without forgetting the supporters who have always supported us in good and bad times."

Im not being rude or offensive - I just find these fake messages on leaving a bit crass.

His time here has been another expensive disaster. Other than when hes now looking at his bank account, i would like to know how its been rewarding?

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 14:06 - Jul 20 with 1272 viewsLondonSaint76

I think every single Club in the PL and the Championship has a Diallo or two on board. To be fair to the guy we must have seen something promising so we took a punt. Sometimes it works out really well - take Schneiderlin as an example - other times it does not end so well as is the case with Diallo. I would venture to suggest Schneiderlin and Diallo were very similar types of acquisition who at the time of purchase showed enough promise to take a punt on them. As I have said, I am sure supporters at every other Club at and around our level could name one or two of their own.
Ultimately it wasn’t to be for Diallo, I wish him well as he moves on to the next phase of his football career.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 15:51 - Jul 20 with 1196 viewsgreen

I might have got my timeline wrong here but the disappointment for me was that we let Harrison Reed go for less than we paid for Diallo.
Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 17:48 - Jul 20 with 1121 viewsdirk_doone

Ibrahima Diallo Departs St Mary's on 13:21 - Jul 20 by SaintNick

We should thank Allah for allowing him to leave for a new experience.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024