Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform 13:22 - Jul 20 with 1883 viewsSaintNick

1. Slade
2. The Smiths
3. The Jam

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 13:35 - Jul 20 with 1851 viewsButty101

Would love to have been old enough to see the Jam or the Smiths first time round

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 14:04 - Jul 20 with 1836 viewsSalisburySaint

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 13:35 - Jul 20 by Butty101

Would love to have been old enough to see the Jam or the Smiths first time round

Lucky enough to have seen all three in their heydays all superb, couldn’t hear for ages after seeing Slade

Personally would love to see Genesis playing their earlier material reform with Peter Gabriel and Steve Hackett back in the band, or the Police reform

Plus The Smiths
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 14:58 - Jul 20 with 1819 viewsWints76

The Jam
The Smiths
The Housemartins

None of them will ever happen. Find Weller a bit dull these days but reckon the other two could do with the money. Less said about Morrisey these days the better. Heaton performs The Housemartins stuff but that won't happen either
[Post edited 20 Jul 2023 15:03]
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 18:34 - Jul 20 with 1720 viewsfelly1

Leave it all in the past where it belongs.
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 18:35 - Jul 20 with 1719 viewsfelly1

.... Then again if Ian Curtis could be brought back to life...
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 19:13 - Jul 20 with 1697 viewsRon11

Dr.Feelgood
Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Status Quo The original band actually did get back together for two tours in 2013/14, one gig of which I saw at the Hammersmith Odeon (Apollo). They were still amazing and arse kicking live, as they were back in the seventies.
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 19:24 - Jul 20 with 1687 viewssaint22

The doors
Nirvana ( saw them but would love too again)
Joy division
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 19:38 - Jul 20 with 1677 views1885_SFC

Saw The Jam several times back in the day from when they first started to when they were a big draw. Same goes for The Stranglers and The Cure (I see they're currently touring again).

One band I'd love to have seen live, but never got the chance, were The Cars. No chance anymore with both Benjamin Orr & Ric Ocasek both dead. Loved their early stuff.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 22:39 - Jul 20 with 1606 viewsRednWight

The Beatles
Queen
Bob Marley and the wailers
Unlikely but not much more unlikely than your 3

The older I get the better I was
Poll: Cortese. Would we have him back

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 22:53 - Jul 20 with 1599 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Oasis
2. Oasis
3. Oasis

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 07:51 - Jul 21 with 1514 viewsTripleNiemi

1. Secret Machines
2. The Stooges
3. Chumbawamba (early stuff not that Tubthumping onwards stuff)

Sadly unless they can reincarnate, never gonna happen

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 08:21 - Jul 21 with 1498 viewssolent_toffee

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 22:53 - Jul 20 by PatfromPoole

1. Oasis
2. Oasis
3. Oasis

If Oasis reformed, their gigs would be carnage.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 8:22]
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 08:32 - Jul 21 with 1488 viewsTripleNiemi

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 08:21 - Jul 21 by solent_toffee

If Oasis reformed, their gigs would be carnage.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 8:22]

Fingers crossed they don’t then eh?

It is one of those inevitable things that will happen, but god can just imagine the gigs being full of young plums happy to be fleeced by the exorbitant price of tickets….
[Post edited 21 Jul 2023 8:36]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 09:13 - Jul 21 with 1467 viewssaint22

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 08:32 - Jul 21 by TripleNiemi

It is one of those inevitable things that will happen, but god can just imagine the gigs being full of young plums happy to be fleeced by the exorbitant price of tickets….

god knows why
one album and thats it
who cares anymore
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 10:27 - Jul 21 with 1442 viewsfelly1

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 09:13 - Jul 21 by saint22

god knows why
one album and thats it
who cares anymore

Exactly Saint 22.
I remember seeing them at Southampton Guildhall in the early mid 90s when I was 24 and the first record was fantastic... After that they became a bloated Beatles pastiche covers band.. Never understood why they stayed so popular.
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 13:47 - Jul 21 with 1384 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 10:27 - Jul 21 by felly1

Exactly Saint 22.
I remember seeing them at Southampton Guildhall in the early mid 90s when I was 24 and the first record was fantastic... After that they became a bloated Beatles pastiche covers band.. Never understood why they stayed so popular.

In fairness their second album was ok, but by the 3rd it had gone all Quoasis

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 21 with 1380 viewssolent_toffee

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 08:32 - Jul 21 by TripleNiemi

I went to see Arctic Monkeys a few weeks ago at the Emirates and it was full of young plums, acting the div, barely listening to the band. Seems to be the modern way.
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 14:13 - Jul 21 with 1378 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 14:06 - Jul 21 by solent_toffee

I went to see Arctic Monkeys a few weeks ago at the Emirates and it was full of young plums, acting the div, barely listening to the band. Seems to be the modern way.

The difference in the Arctic Monkeys first album and what followed makes you think they didn't write it themselves

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 15:53 - Jul 21 with 1349 viewsarfurdent

1. Pink Floyd
2. Rainbow
3. van de graaff generator

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 18:55 - Jul 21 with 1289 viewssolent_toffee

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 14:13 - Jul 21 by SaintNick

The difference in the Arctic Monkeys first album and what followed makes you think they didn't write it themselves

What makes you think that? I’m a big of Arctic Monkeys and think Alex Turner is a massive talent, the last shadow puppets stuff is great as is his solo stuff. The sound track to the film Submarine is brilliant.
Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform on 17:38 - Jul 22 with 1159 viewsHeisenberg

The Doors
Crosby Stills Nash and Young
Fleetwood Mac.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 09:31 - Jul 23 with 1077 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 Bands You Would Like To See Reform (n/t) on 18:55 - Jul 21 by solent_toffee

What makes you think that? I’m a big of Arctic Monkeys and think Alex Turner is a massive talent, the last shadow puppets stuff is great as is his solo stuff. The sound track to the film Submarine is brilliant.

The lyrics mainly, the first album was full of very clever witty lyrics about life, and there were little things in them that you would not have thought the average 18-19 year old would not have knowledge of, for instance quoting lyrics of Duran Duran from 25 years earlier.

The second album in terms of lyrical style was completely different, even the song titles were a bit weirder, yes Alex Turner is a talent, but the two albums a year apart are completely different, this was not talent maturing, it was I think Turner's being allowed to go his own way without being controlled

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024