Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ballard 14:03 - Sep 12 with 1973 viewsdirk_doone

If he'd been to Man City's academy instead of ours, he could've been playing for us this season:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/23783502.southampton-fcs-ballard-nominated-pl-

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ballard on 16:57 - Sep 12 with 1842 viewscocklebreath

Have to say it seems a strange decision to loan him out.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ballard on 17:13 - Sep 12 with 1832 views1ASIN12

We would have also spent anything between £10,000,000 to £15,000,000 on signing him .
Ballard on 17:14 - Sep 12 with 1829 views1885_SFC

Ballard on 16:57 - Sep 12 by cocklebreath

Have to say it seems a strange decision to loan him out.

especially to a club managed by Ruben Selles - who'll never play him.

Old School is Cool

Ballard on 18:06 - Sep 12 with 1790 viewssaint22

didn't he also just captain england
seems insane to loan him when others think highly of him
Ballard on 20:48 - Sep 12 with 1684 viewsPatfromPoole

I couldn’t agree more with every single post on this thread.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ballard on 20:53 - Sep 12 with 1674 viewsgrumpy

Not picking Ballard is a poor reflection on our recent managers.
Ballard on 22:27 - Sep 12 with 1623 viewsPatfromPoole

Selles will probably take him off in the 88th minute when Reading are chasing the game.

Ballard on 22:41 - Sep 13 with 1477 viewsPatfromPoole

I gather today that Reading have had another 3 points deducted.

They are going to be needing Ballard’s goals…..

Login to get fewer ads

Ballard on 23:17 - Sep 13 with 1458 viewsRon11

Ballard on 22:41 - Sep 13 by PatfromPoole

I gather today that Reading have had another 3 points deducted.

They are going to be needing Ballard’s goals…..

So are we
Ballard on 07:58 - Sep 14 with 1364 viewsSalisburySaint

Ballard on 23:17 - Sep 13 by Ron11

So are we

Sorry but have to disagree, at Man City he would have been loaned out too, like Liam Delap who was at Stoke last year currently at Hull City
Ballard on 09:33 - Sep 14 with 1314 viewsgrumpy

Ballard on 07:58 - Sep 14 by SalisburySaint

Sorry but have to disagree, at Man City he would have been loaned out too, like Liam Delap who was at Stoke last year currently at Hull City

But we are not Man City.
Ballard on 09:58 - Sep 14 with 1295 viewsSalisburySaint

Ballard on 09:33 - Sep 14 by grumpy

But we are not Man City.

But original post suggests he’d be in Man City team, hence my response
Ballard on 10:30 - Sep 14 with 1270 viewsdirk_doone

Ballard on 09:58 - Sep 14 by SalisburySaint

But original post suggests he’d be in Man City team, hence my response

No, it doesn't. It suggests he'd be playing for us.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Ballard on 10:44 - Sep 14 with 1254 viewsButty101

Didnt we want to pay 20mill for Liam Delap? In 27 champ games hes scored 5 goals. I dont know how man city hood wink other clubs into spending fortunes on the their youngsters.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ballard on 12:49 - Sep 14 with 1188 viewsbenalisbroom

Bizarre decision. Saw him come on at Cambridge last season - in just a few minutes he had their CB's looking like they were playing a game of whack-a-mole - they never seemed to know where he was, and he scored a goal. Can we honestly say that Sekou Mara is more ready to play than Ballard?
Ballard on 10:27 - Sep 15 with 1032 viewsSaintNick

Ballard on 12:49 - Sep 14 by benalisbroom

Bizarre decision. Saw him come on at Cambridge last season - in just a few minutes he had their CB's looking like they were playing a game of whack-a-mole - they never seemed to know where he was, and he scored a goal. Can we honestly say that Sekou Mara is more ready to play than Ballard?

I said this in another thread, the essence is a goal against Cambridge is not the benchmark we need to set, there are a lot of strikers over the years that have scored goals in League cup games against lower league opposition but havent made it at first team level.

Ballard has scored loads for the U21 side, but that is nowhere near the standard of the first team, U21 sides usually get beaten by League one & two sides in the EFL Trophy.

He has played a total of two first team appearances in the league, both off the bench totalling 24 minutes, in neither did he do much and didn't score.

He also has two cup appearances, 4 minutes against Grimsby and 15 minutes against Cambridge where he did manage a goal.

Sekou Mara played 34 games for Bordeax (24 of them off the bench) scoring 7 goals, he has started 5 League games for Saints plus 23 from the bench and scored twice, maybe it is not a great track record, but he has played and scored regularly in the French top flight, so at least he has one.

So I am not too sure that anyone can say that Ballard is better than Mara, the stats are not there to back that up, one has scored just once against a League One side in the final minute and the other has scored against Manchester City twice and also has a couple of assists to his name.

Ballard could well be a talent, but he hasn't really shown that yet at first team level where hs has played just 43 minutes, that goal aside he showed little, but he was playing in a poor side some will use as an excuse, yes but so was Sekou Mara

Ballard has gone to Reading to toughen up, Selles has seen him at first hand for a year, yet he still hasn't thought he was better than he already had there.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Ballard on 12:31 - Sep 15 with 1011 viewsNumber_58

Ballard on 10:27 - Sep 15 by SaintNick

I said this in another thread, the essence is a goal against Cambridge is not the benchmark we need to set, there are a lot of strikers over the years that have scored goals in League cup games against lower league opposition but havent made it at first team level.

Ballard has scored loads for the U21 side, but that is nowhere near the standard of the first team, U21 sides usually get beaten by League one & two sides in the EFL Trophy.

He has played a total of two first team appearances in the league, both off the bench totalling 24 minutes, in neither did he do much and didn't score.

He also has two cup appearances, 4 minutes against Grimsby and 15 minutes against Cambridge where he did manage a goal.

Sekou Mara played 34 games for Bordeax (24 of them off the bench) scoring 7 goals, he has started 5 League games for Saints plus 23 from the bench and scored twice, maybe it is not a great track record, but he has played and scored regularly in the French top flight, so at least he has one.

So I am not too sure that anyone can say that Ballard is better than Mara, the stats are not there to back that up, one has scored just once against a League One side in the final minute and the other has scored against Manchester City twice and also has a couple of assists to his name.

Ballard could well be a talent, but he hasn't really shown that yet at first team level where hs has played just 43 minutes, that goal aside he showed little, but he was playing in a poor side some will use as an excuse, yes but so was Sekou Mara

Ballard has gone to Reading to toughen up, Selles has seen him at first hand for a year, yet he still hasn't thought he was better than he already had there.

Surely the point here is that Mara has been given loads of opportunities to impress and has failed virtually every time. The U21 league may indeed be a comparatively poor standard, but how will we ever know if Ballard is good enough at Championship level if he literally never gets picked?
Ballard on 13:07 - Sep 15 with 995 viewsButty101

Ballard on 10:27 - Sep 15 by SaintNick

The Cambridge game, Adam Armstrong ran around for 75 mins and never looked like scoring. Ballard is a poacher and deserves a chance. Other wise what’s the point of the U21.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Ballard on 13:45 - Sep 15 with 981 viewsSonicBoom

I guess that the club know that U21 to first team is a huge step. Reading is seen as a halfway house. If he does well there then he will get a chance.
Ballard on 14:45 - Sep 15 with 957 viewsPatfromPoole

Ballard on 13:45 - Sep 15 by SonicBoom

I guess that the club know that U21 to first team is a huge step. Reading is seen as a halfway house. If he does well there then he will get a chance.

If he does do well at Reading, it will almost count double, given the know how of Spreadsheet Man Selles.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024