Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Middlesbrough yesterday 07:32 - Sep 24 with 3936 views1teeminants

At the end of the game some of the fans were applauding Martin and the others were booing him . It got a bit nasty as some fans were confronting each other in the stands. imo the fans should back the team during play then voice opinions after which is what happened..Great away numbers considering the distance. Many Boro fans on social media and some in pubs after were impressed with our numbers.

I was in the give Martin time camp at first but that’s starting to change. How many more negative results can we take? We have Leeds next then a run of easier games which I think will be the time for the board to act if we don’t do well, the trouble is I’m not sure the board will act .

As one of the Ipswich players said recently it was too easy to predict what our next pass was going to be when we played them. All teams need to do is sit in and counter attack when we lose the ball. We don’t Close teams down and our build up is too slow and predictable. There’s no aggression in our team all too predictable soft and nicey nicey.

I also think the decision to leave Alcarez out is unforgivable the only player we have who looks likely to score and likes to shoot. If you don’t shoot you don’t score ffs.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 07:45 - Sep 24 with 3341 viewscocklebreath

No offence mate but reading that was like watching Saints

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 08:23 - Sep 24 with 3253 views1teeminants

Middlesbrough yesterday on 07:45 - Sep 24 by cocklebreath

No offence mate but reading that was like watching Saints

Lol . Sorry for being too nicey nicey next time I’ll slag off everything and everybody before thinking about it like many seem to do . 😎

Middlesbrough yesterday on 08:52 - Sep 24 with 3163 viewssaintwizzler

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:15 - Sep 24 with 3123 viewsChesham_Saint

Middlesbrough yesterday on 08:23 - Sep 24 by 1teeminants

Lol . Sorry for being too nicey nicey next time I’ll slag off everything and everybody before thinking about it like many seem to do . 😎

Thanks for the report 1T.

But WHY should he be given more time? What do you seriously think he can do in 3 games to make a significant difference? What has he done to justify any more faith in him? To put it another way, if he worked for you and was paid on clear targets, what plausible reason would you have not to dispense with him?

Would you put up with this kind of success rate with say, a chef or a cab driver? You order a steak and you get a bacon sandwich. You order an Uber to go to Winchester but get taken to Portsea.
No, You’d fire him.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:26 - Sep 24 with 3074 viewssaintwizzler

Middlesbrough yesterday on 08:23 - Sep 24 by 1teeminants

Cocklebreath said we’d win every game in September.
Don’t be too down 1teem x

Mirror, signal, manoeuvre…

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:45 - Sep 24 with 3027 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans who clap off the team when they have been useless is very high in my Top 10 things I hate about football.

Although the Top 10 is fast becoming a Top 20….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:48 - Sep 24 with 3018 viewsMytchettSaint

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:15 - Sep 24 by Chesham_Saint

But WHY should he be given more time? What do you seriously think he can do in 3 games to make a significant difference? What has he done to justify any more faith in him? To put it another way, if he worked for you and was paid on clear targets, what plausible reason would you have not to dispense with him?

Would you put up with this kind of success rate with say, a chef or a cab driver? You order a steak and you get a bacon sandwich. You order an Uber to go to Winchester but get taken to Portsea.
No, You’d fire him.

Exactly, are we suddenly going to start passing better in 3 games time?

Not gifting away goals?

Like it or not, we’re stuck with this chump for quite some time, as the chumps that thought he was the right chump would have to admit he’s not.

It’s going to be like last season where every game is his defining moment only for it to turn out that it wasn’t.

We Stagger On

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Middlesbrough yesterday on 10:41 - Sep 24 with 2876 viewsUlsterBaz

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:45 - Sep 24 by PatfromPoole

Fans who clap off the team when they have been useless is very high in my Top 10 things I hate about football.

I genuinely don’t understand their mindset, it’s bonkers.
Login to get fewer ads

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:06 - Sep 24 with 2828 views1teeminants

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:26 - Sep 24 by saintwizzler

Cocklebreath said we’d win every game in September.
Don’t be too down 1teem x

Mirror, signal, manoeuvre…

I’ll get over it mate , just driving back from Boro now in Ed’s tank .

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:36 - Sep 24 with 2767 views1teeminants

Middlesbrough yesterday on 09:15 - Sep 24 by Chesham_Saint

No, You’d fire him.

I just think 10 / 12 games is about the right time to give him then bin him if we’re still struggling. Don’t forget championship is 46 games, I’m sure that will come into it. I agree it’s unlikely to change and he won’t change his style but there has been slight improvement ie losing by the odd goal rather than being stuffed ffs.

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:48 - Sep 24 with 2736 viewsBuenosSaint

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:36 - Sep 24 by 1teeminants

I just think 10 / 12 games is about the right time to give him then bin him if we’re still struggling. Don’t forget championship is 46 games, I’m sure that will come into it. I agree it’s unlikely to change and he won’t change his style but there has been slight improvement ie losing by the odd goal rather than being stuffed ffs.

Like it or lump it, I think this is fair. Though I am troubled.

It might still come good. And if sacked , there will be naysayers saying he didn't have enough time. Including rusty himself. 12 games and if disaster continues there is still time to change and try and stay in championship. And no one can accuse him of not having enough time to instill his 1 minded philosophy.

Poll: The Long Future

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:55 - Sep 24 with 2710 viewscocklebreath

It’s me and Pat up for worst prediction of the season, mine saints top 2 or pats boro champions, I think I win as I also went all In on Will Smallbone 🫠

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:58 - Sep 24 with 2705 viewsCenturion

Agree with the other two posters. Give RM 12 games to see if he can get the team playing efficiently as a team.
Unless of course it is clear that R has completely lost the dressing room.
Middlesbrough yesterday on 12:06 - Sep 24 with 2687 viewscocklebreath

But is it a slight improvement against bottom of the table no wins boro, is that better than 0-1 v Ipswich or 0-5 to Sunderland or 1-4 v Leicester? Nope it’s probably worse, we’re sh!t

Middlesbrough yesterday on 12:07 - Sep 24 with 2686 viewsButty101

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:55 - Sep 24 by cocklebreath

It’s me and Pat up for worst prediction of the season, mine saints top 2 or pats boro champions, I think I win as I also went all In on Will Smallbone 🫠

I’m mega disappointed with Smallbone. The club hyped him up as the next JWP. But he’s slow and can’t even pass sideways or tackle.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 12:09 - Sep 24 with 2683 viewssaintmark1976

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:58 - Sep 24 by Centurion

Agree with the other two posters. Give RM 12 games to see if he can get the team playing efficiently as a team.

A team going nowhere with a manager who has never been anywhere.
Middlesbrough yesterday on 12:24 - Sep 24 with 2630 viewssaintwizzler

Middlesbrough yesterday on 12:07 - Sep 24 by Butty101

I’m mega disappointed with Smallbone. The club hyped him up as the next JWP. But he’s slow and can’t even pass sideways or tackle.

Ever since he signed a new contract…

Middlesbrough yesterday on 12:39 - Sep 24 with 2610 viewscocklebreath

I think no one loves the club, too to bottom, imagine being a player for us when all we are is a player trading club

Middlesbrough yesterday on 13:06 - Sep 24 with 2540 views1ASIN12

It’s all very much ifs

If we hadn’t got relegated we could have been dicked at Man City yesterday and some would be moaning how the premier league is shit and how they were looking forward to winning more games in the championship.

The premier league wasn’t shit when we constantly finished top half .

If we had won yesterday we would be sitting just outside the playoffs with a real chance of finishing in them.

Instead we lost ( again ) in the championship ( the league that some said they were looking forward to) .

The championship was certainly not good the year we won on the last day to stay up and it certainly wasn’t good the season we got relegated from it .

Any league is good if you win games any league is shit of you don’t .
Middlesbrough yesterday on 13:54 - Sep 24 with 2470 viewsdarthvader

We will revert to being stuffed next game . Leeds look like a proper team

keep the faith coyr

Middlesbrough yesterday on 13:57 - Sep 24 with 2463 viewsRon11

Middlesbrough yesterday on 13:54 - Sep 24 by darthvader

We will revert to being stuffed next game . Leeds look like a proper team

With a proper manager
Middlesbrough yesterday on 22:00 - Sep 24 with 2195 viewshedgeend61

There's many in the Northam who persist in this caper, some even bolting down to pitch side at the end of the game to get a prime spot(fcuking idiots).
Didn't notice it much last season as left well before the end most games, left Leicester this season on 80 min and Ipswich on 85, I know when we're beat, don't remember missing a Saints goal.
Middlesbrough yesterday on 01:04 - Sep 25 with 2067 viewsChesham_Saint

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:48 - Sep 24 by BuenosSaint

Like it or lump it, I think this is fair. Though I am troubled.

It might still come good. And if sacked , there will be naysayers saying he didn't have enough time. Including rusty himself. 12 games and if disaster continues there is still time to change and try and stay in championship. And no one can accuse him of not having enough time to instill his 1 minded philosophy.

Fair? What, like the way we treated Nigel Adkins?
Fair? To who, the fans?
Fair? To this chancer of a manager who still apparently, commutes from Brighton?

Fair? This is a multi million (if not billion) pound game now and we’re poncing around, hoping there might be an “improvement” whilst we piss away another three games. This is a results driven business not the FCDO.

Sack him and sack him now.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Middlesbrough yesterday on 01:11 - Sep 25 with 2066 viewsTimSaint

Alcaraz was good enough to start and indeed score at Arsenal in the Prem last season, but now has to settle for a place on the bench in the Championship !!

Guess he will be off in January then (along with the uninterested, don't want to be here, Sulemana).

TimSaint

Middlesbrough yesterday on 08:50 - Sep 25 with 1880 viewsHollywood56

Middlesbrough yesterday on 11:58 - Sep 24 by Centurion

Not 100% sure that he ever completely had the dressing room to start with..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024