Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. 15:14 - Sep 27 with 2136 viewsGRIM

Unbelievable.
How can Aribo & Holgate justify earning 70k per week.
Not surprising that they look as if they can't be bothered because they're guaranteed that wage regardless of whether they play or not.
Apparently the average weekly wage at the club is 28k per week
That's approx ten times as much as our Prime Minister gets, I know which job I'd prefer.

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 15:24 - Sep 27 with 2110 viewsSaintNick

So where are these figures from, most salary lists I have seen have been compiled from the club accounts where the total wage bill has been given and then each players share estimated.

With Holgate it is a loan deal, so perhaps a little more understandable, he was probably on £70 k a week at Everton so he will get paid that by Everton whatever happens.

So we could be paying Everton £70 ka week and covering his wages, that is overpriced for the Championship, but we have to then take into account that paying some of that could be seen as in lieu of a loan fee, so perhaps the actual deal is valued at us paying £70k a week but half of that is cover a loan fee of £1.5 million.

Fact is that £70k a week (X 40 = £2.8 million total cost) for a Premier League proven player of £10 million is pretty cheap when compared to paying out a transfer fee and then wages.

We might also be paying Everton less than £70k a week because they wanted him off the books and with no loan fee, it is not set in concrete, but whatever is being paid Holgate's contract and wages are paid directly by Everton and not us

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 16:20 - Sep 27 with 2051 viewsGRIM

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 15:24 - Sep 27 by SaintNick

So where are these figures from, most salary lists I have seen have been compiled from the club accounts where the total wage bill has been given and then each players share estimated.

With Holgate it is a loan deal, so perhaps a little more understandable, he was probably on £70 k a week at Everton so he will get paid that by Everton whatever happens.

So we could be paying Everton £70 ka week and covering his wages, that is overpriced for the Championship, but we have to then take into account that paying some of that could be seen as in lieu of a loan fee, so perhaps the actual deal is valued at us paying £70k a week but half of that is cover a loan fee of £1.5 million.

Fact is that £70k a week (X 40 = £2.8 million total cost) for a Premier League proven player of £10 million is pretty cheap when compared to paying out a transfer fee and then wages.

We might also be paying Everton less than £70k a week because they wanted him off the books and with no loan fee, it is not set in concrete, but whatever is being paid Holgate's contract and wages are paid directly by Everton and not us

You could be right Nick but you're missing the point.
Neither of these players can justify that sort of money whoever it's being paid by.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 16:38 - Sep 27 with 2029 viewsPatfromPoole

I have previously read that Holgate was on £72k a week at Everton, but don’t know how much of that we are now paying.

This is all the sort of stuff which makes me wonder why I am contemplating getting home from Stoke at 3am on Tuesday night.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1995 viewsSaintNick

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 16:20 - Sep 27 by GRIM

You could be right Nick but you're missing the point.
Neither of these players can justify that sort of money whoever it's being paid by.

I agree with you about Aribo, Holgate had a good 3 seasons at Everton which earned him this contract, so there is perhaps some justification there.

He is already written off here after 1 /12 games, so whats the point in worrying

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 17:15 - Sep 27 with 1978 viewsButty101

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 17:10 - Sep 27 by SaintNick

I agree with you about Aribo, Holgate had a good 3 seasons at Everton which earned him this contract, so there is perhaps some justification there.

He is already written off here after 1 /12 games, so whats the point in worrying

Aribo earned his contract by playing a vital role in Rangers run to the Europa league final. We should try playing him in his correct position

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 18:06 - Sep 27 with 1931 viewsGRIM

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 17:15 - Sep 27 by Butty101

Aribo earned his contract by playing a vital role in Rangers run to the Europa league final. We should try playing him in his correct position

?
What is his position.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 18:09 - Sep 27 with 1923 viewsGRIM

I personally though Holgate was a good signing at the time but he's really struggled so far. I am hopeful that he can find some form because we are going to need him
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 19:07 - Sep 27 with 1859 viewsButty101

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 18:06 - Sep 27 by GRIM

?
What is his position.

I’ve no idea 😂

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Login to get fewer ads

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 19:47 - Sep 27 with 1836 viewsGRIM

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 19:07 - Sep 27 by Butty101

I’ve no idea 😂

Nor has he. !
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 20:32 - Sep 27 with 1796 viewsNYC_Saint

I agree with you people are quick to write players and managers off and this is probably compounded by the conventional wisdom that this season would actually be fun to watch (I paid up for the international game streaming pass, so far I haven't enjoyed much of what I've seen).

However, Holgate has looked atrocious when he's played so far - I would say the worst of the incoming players so far. Maybe he shouldn't be writen off, but to question his 3.5 mn a year salary vs his performances against championship opposition is very fair.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 22:23 - Sep 27 with 1714 viewsUlsterBaz

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 17:15 - Sep 27 by Butty101

Played as a false 9 in the final, was Rangers best player and bagged a goal. Has looked a completely different player down here. Should’ve been jettisoned in the summer.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 22:49 - Sep 27 with 1670 viewscocklebreath

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 22:23 - Sep 27 by UlsterBaz

Played as a false 9 in the final, was Rangers best player and bagged a goal. Has looked a completely different player down here. Should’ve been jettisoned in the summer.

The 70k a week wages might have proved a problem, he’ll be here till his contract runs out

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 00:13 - Sep 28 with 1643 viewssledger

i am gonna cut holgate some slack until hes match sharp but aribo is horrific,slow bone idle and i defy anyone to magic up a position for him.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 09:08 - Sep 28 with 1538 viewsSonicBoom

I have to say I blame Martin.

I don't buy this utter garbage that he is trying to teach the team how to play in a "completely different way". It's football not rocket science. So far it's taken 6 months and we look utterly clueless and appear to have no confidence in the system. Frankly the players look totally confused. I honestly think it is the modern way of over coaching because apparently Pep does it.

So no, Aribo and Holgate don't look much good. Certainly not worth 70K a week, but then neither does Bazunu, Harwood-Bellis, Manning, KWP, Adams, Armstrong, Downes etc etc the list goes on.
Are they all rubbish? Or are they being strangled by an over-complicated system.
Frankly in football if you are taking this long to explain something then you are probably explaining it wrongly.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 09:14 - Sep 28 with 1531 viewsGRIM

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 00:13 - Sep 28 by sledger

i am gonna cut holgate some slack until hes match sharp but aribo is horrific,slow bone idle and i defy anyone to magic up a position for him.

Holgate deserves to be given some time, he just can't be that bad.
But Aribo has had plenty of time & opportunities he has offered absolutely zilch.
There is no way he should be in the squad, make him train with the under elevens.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 09:23 - Sep 28 with 1524 viewssaints__fan__73

Our highest wage earner will be Tall Paul who we are still paying.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 13:43 - Sep 28 with 1437 viewshedgeend61

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 18:06 - Sep 27 by GRIM

?
What is his position.

His best position is on the bench, hard to pick between him and McCann who's the worse signing from Rangers.

70k a week is pie in the sky, believing that is for the birds.

Apart from the top 8 PL teams who probably won't ever get relegated, would have thought all the other 12 would all have relegation clauses pretty much halving wages in the Championship. Don't know for sure, perhaps someone could put me right if I'm making that up.
Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 10:25 - Sep 29 with 1273 viewsTimSaint

We were regularly told on here by certain people, that it was Alex McCarthy who was our highest paid player - on something like £80k.

I thought it was JWP who was our biggest earner, but obviously he has now left.

Regardless of who it actually is, surely the club will have had relegation clauses installed in the McCarthy and Aribo contracts, along with everyone else still here from last season ?

That would then leave Holgate, who is on Prem wages. It would therefore depend on the loan and whether there is a fee and how much of his wages we are actually paying.

As it stands, I'm all for performance related pay. A smaller basic and larger win bonus may give some of these deluded, lazy, millionaires a kick up the arse they desperately need.

TimSaint

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 07:54 - Sep 30 with 1149 viewsbarry_sanchez

Holgate & Aribo highest earners on 70k per week. on 15:24 - Sep 27 by SaintNick

Spat my coffee out then, Everton fans were pissing themselves laughing at me when Holgate was announced to be going to Southampton, ask an Evertonian what they think of him and you'll get

"thinks he's better than he is"
"He absolute shite"
"bellend"
"Can't mark or defend the box"

Everton got nearly relegated last year and he only played 8 games, that sort of tells you how shite he is.

He who is silent and bows his head dies every time he does so. He who speaks aloud and walks with his head held high dies only once. —Giovanni Falcone
Poll: What is your favourite poll?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024