Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Police Services 18:42 - Sep 27 with 6130 viewsnumptydumpty

Had to write about this, because it's completely mad.

I don't know if this is too controversial but two scenarios, which I find hard to fathom.

If it has to be taken down, no problems but posting as both are real life scenarios.

Anyhow here goes.

A friend who lives in a social housing block in the hotbed of crime that infests the Thames Valley.

Young guys with baseball bats smashed windows of the wrong flat, adjoining flat , fortunately currently vacant, ie was adjacent to a flat a known drug dealer lives ie unhappy with a deal.

All the neighbours around 40 other households complained of feeling unsafe to the police.

Not only did the police say they would not investigate known drug dealer, they also would not attend the scene either to help make residents a little more comfortable that it would at least feel like some progress was being taken to prevent this happening again.

Reason given, no time available !!!

Yet email exchanges that may or may not be assessed as harassment but if a complaint suggests it is harrassment it HAS to be investigated.

Duty of care given as the reason and they say just because its been reported as harrassment even if it is clearly not, they have to send someone out.

Yet kids with baseball bats smashing up windows random flats and address of a known drug dealer with many complainants, they have not time

It's a total disgrace !!! "Allegedly"

Very weird society we live in today. How can this be.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Todays Police Services on 18:46 - Sep 27 with 4476 viewsFDC

I feel confident an internet discussion about the Met will be uncontroversial

I'll go

Unreformable and a danger to the public
Todays Police Services on 18:57 - Sep 27 with 4414 viewskensalriser

The inevitable result of the goverment defunding the police (along with everything else except their cronies and donors).

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Todays Police Services on 20:05 - Sep 27 with 4239 viewsCateLeBonR

Policing is a bit like plumbing. Try to fix one leak and another leak appears somewhere else.
Todays Police Services on 20:07 - Sep 27 with 4223 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve been lucky enough not to be a victim of crime since I was burgled almost 40 years ago,but I don’t hold out much hope that the police would bother investigating any such crime committed.
The worst bit is that the scumbags know it too.And the spate of shoplifting is spiralling out of control.And the tories keep telling us that there are more police now than there was in 2010.Where the feck are they all?
Another reason to be glad That I’m nearer the grave than the cradle.
Todays Police Services on 20:17 - Sep 27 with 4176 viewsnumptydumpty

Todays Police Services on 20:05 - Sep 27 by CateLeBonR

Policing is a bit like plumbing. Try to fix one leak and another leak appears somewhere else.

They don't fix the important leaks and they spend way too much time on the tiny leaks which in all reality aren't leaks !!!

You know when you are younger, you may say to yourself, I am not going be like my parents generation and say it was better in my day but am at that stage of life now.

But there does seem to be a lot of evidence that it is worse.

Local bobby on the beat who most people welcomed where is he/she today ????

At his laptop perhaps....

Todays Police Services on 20:29 - Sep 27 with 4134 viewsstowmarketrange

Todays Police Services on 20:17 - Sep 27 by numptydumpty

They don't fix the important leaks and they spend way too much time on the tiny leaks which in all reality aren't leaks !!!

You know when you are younger, you may say to yourself, I am not going be like my parents generation and say it was better in my day but am at that stage of life now.

But there does seem to be a lot of evidence that it is worse.

Local bobby on the beat who most people welcomed where is he/she today ????

At his laptop perhaps....

In a safety awareness van catching real criminals doing 32mph in a 30mph zone.
Todays Police Services on 20:37 - Sep 27 with 4110 viewsLoftusR

A week ago I had a new car stolen. I only had it two weeks. I went outside in the morning to see it was gone. Dialed 999 but told it wasn't an emergency and I should dial 101. It was a 50 grand car so it was an emergency to me.

Anyway, made the report and got the crime number. This was at 7.30. At 10.30 I get a call from the Met telling me as there were no leads then the case was closed. They didn't send anyone round or even check CCTV ect. Car crime is clearly no longer classified as an important crime. These gangs are taking one car a week that's £2.5 m p.a. When does that actually become a material crime. I'm sure if I stole £2.5m from a security van they would show some interest.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 22:18]
Todays Police Services on 20:43 - Sep 27 with 4091 viewsCateLeBonR

Todays Police Services on 20:29 - Sep 27 by stowmarketrange

In a safety awareness van catching real criminals doing 32mph in a 30mph zone.

It's that mate but it's also the internet. It's doubled the world. Very quickly. You have all the existing problems but all the new problems as well. At the same time you have less money.
Login to get fewer ads

Todays Police Services on 21:02 - Sep 27 with 4020 viewsBklynRanger

Don't laugh but... if not already tried might be worth writing to the Head of Community Safety and the Leader of the council. Both in the same email, list the issues, ideally have those 40 residents co-sign it. If there's no reply write again. Looks like they come under Bucks County I think.
Todays Police Services on 21:03 - Sep 27 with 4019 viewsG_Ottershaw

i'm convinced we now live in a society where alot of professionals are only concerned about the people above ie can carry out disciplinary proceedings and not those below that they actually serve/represent.
- with the car theft, i would contact the NCA directly, with a high value car i am sure they would be interested in the ocg behind it.
- with terrorising of the local community and criminal damage, i would contact the head of your region's police. If they're not serving the community and you kick up a stink, hopefully it will show up when they're looking for they're next promotion!
Todays Police Services on 21:12 - Sep 27 with 3979 viewsted_hendrix

Todays Police Services on 20:37 - Sep 27 by LoftusR

A week ago I had a new car stolen. I only had it two weeks. I went outside in the morning to see it was gone. Dialed 999 but told it wasn't an emergency and I should dial 101. It was a 50 grand car so it was an emergency to me.

Anyway, made the report and got the crime number. This was at 7.30. At 10.30 I get a call from the Met telling me as there were no leads then the case was closed. They didn't send anyone round or even check CCTV ect. Car crime is clearly no longer classified as an important crime. These gangs are taking one car a week that's £2.5 m p.a. When does that actually become a material crime. I'm sure if I stole £2.5m from a security van they would show some interest.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 22:18]

I might be barking up the wrong tree but I'd be very surprised If your car doesn't have a tracking device fitted?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 21:13]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Todays Police Services on 21:24 - Sep 27 with 3924 viewsNed_Kennedys

Todays Police Services on 21:12 - Sep 27 by ted_hendrix

I might be barking up the wrong tree but I'd be very surprised If your car doesn't have a tracking device fitted?
[Post edited 27 Sep 2023 21:13]

No regular cars have tracking fitted as standard.
Best deterrent nowadays is a steering wheel lock: theives may be able to electronically start the vehicle but won’t be able to drive it away.
Todays Police Services on 22:15 - Sep 27 with 3830 viewsLoftusR

Todays Police Services on 21:24 - Sep 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Best deterrent nowadays is a steering wheel lock: theives may be able to electronically start the vehicle but won’t be able to drive it away.

The car did have a tracker but once the car is unlocked electronically by a scanning your key they can deactivate it before driving away. Your right in that physical deterrents are they only ones that work i.e steering locks, faraday bags for the keys or parking posts if you have a drive.

The car companies can do more though. My phone has more security than my car i.e finger print and facial recognition as well as two factor authentication. All of which could be added to a car to stop the thing being started. You can also add you own air tag. All of which I found out afterwards😞😞

This was no random theft. This is planned and organised. These cars are shipped out of the country with in hours. This is organised crime on a massive scale. I put this on my neighbourhood Facebook site where at least a dozen other people said they had car stolen over the last 12 months or so.
Todays Police Services on 22:21 - Sep 27 with 3794 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

What about the £400k + we spent on Richards? Surely that represents a crime?
Todays Police Services on 22:29 - Sep 27 with 3774 viewsNorthernr

Todays Police Services on 21:24 - Sep 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Can vouch for this. Many years ago Mrs LFW lost the key to one of those bloody things. It was parked next to the car garage next door to our flats, and it took them a day, and an intervention from South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue, to get the thing off. Tried all sorts of tools, cutting equipment, welding gear...

When we moved out of the flat at the end of the year the key dropped out from behind the desk when we moved it.
Todays Police Services on 23:23 - Sep 27 with 3655 viewsSuperhoops2808

Time to add a little perspective to this thread and address a few examples given.

Firstly to be open, last July, I left the Met Police after 20 years service. Why I left I will cover in a minute.

Anyway, the 99% of police officers/staff work very hard, battling bureaucracy , under funding, lack of staff but the worst thing was the constant bashing and being tarred with the same brush because of the 1% who are lazy/corrupt and just plain wrong uns. They have no say in what should and shouldn't be deployed to, this is managed by senior officers who have knee jerk reactions to an incident that is in the public eye.

The forces resources are often taken up by going to issues that you as a victim may feel important but the next person may think is minor. The balance has to be found and that decision making is taken out of the hands of the boots on the ground.

The view is currently: To preserve life and property. If you see someone stealing your car, then there is a realistic chance of catching the suspect so they will deploy. If it happened some time during the night, then your car will be long gone and even with ring doorbell/CCTV it is unlikely to get your car back. In fact as you say, its organised and the vehicle is likely already being readied to ship abroad (Sorry to hear about your car btw)

Regards to the ASB in Thames Valley, you have a crime commissioner , write to them regarding the drug dealer. As for the harassment, that is a person being targeted and it can escalate from there hence why it is investigated

On the final note of stopping people for speeding, majority of these vans if not all are not manned by police officers. Its a myth that police officers are just there to catch you speeding. Most are going from incident to incident.

So anyway, (if you're interested) I left the Met because I became tired of the politics, the lack of staff to be able to do the job, and after being involved in The Borough market terrorist incident and losing a friend and colleague in Keith Palmer enough was enough. But the icing on the cake was walking in one day to signs everywhere saying that 'I must work hard to restore the public trust' when I had done nothing wrong was the final straw.

So I took a new challenge away from the Met and have never been happier now I no longer am made to feel that whatever I do its never enough.

Hopefully that gives the flip side of the coin. I'll now put my tin hat on!!
Todays Police Services on 23:46 - Sep 27 with 3613 viewsDorse

Todays Police Services on 23:23 - Sep 27 by Superhoops2808

Time to add a little perspective to this thread and address a few examples given.

Firstly to be open, last July, I left the Met Police after 20 years service. Why I left I will cover in a minute.

Anyway, the 99% of police officers/staff work very hard, battling bureaucracy , under funding, lack of staff but the worst thing was the constant bashing and being tarred with the same brush because of the 1% who are lazy/corrupt and just plain wrong uns. They have no say in what should and shouldn't be deployed to, this is managed by senior officers who have knee jerk reactions to an incident that is in the public eye.

The forces resources are often taken up by going to issues that you as a victim may feel important but the next person may think is minor. The balance has to be found and that decision making is taken out of the hands of the boots on the ground.

The view is currently: To preserve life and property. If you see someone stealing your car, then there is a realistic chance of catching the suspect so they will deploy. If it happened some time during the night, then your car will be long gone and even with ring doorbell/CCTV it is unlikely to get your car back. In fact as you say, its organised and the vehicle is likely already being readied to ship abroad (Sorry to hear about your car btw)

Regards to the ASB in Thames Valley, you have a crime commissioner , write to them regarding the drug dealer. As for the harassment, that is a person being targeted and it can escalate from there hence why it is investigated

On the final note of stopping people for speeding, majority of these vans if not all are not manned by police officers. Its a myth that police officers are just there to catch you speeding. Most are going from incident to incident.

So anyway, (if you're interested) I left the Met because I became tired of the politics, the lack of staff to be able to do the job, and after being involved in The Borough market terrorist incident and losing a friend and colleague in Keith Palmer enough was enough. But the icing on the cake was walking in one day to signs everywhere saying that 'I must work hard to restore the public trust' when I had done nothing wrong was the final straw.

So I took a new challenge away from the Met and have never been happier now I no longer am made to feel that whatever I do its never enough.

My best mate (and best man) is a DI on Murder, previously out of Watford nick but moved on since (he's still Job but I don't want to ID him) and he's done nearly 30 years now. Never known him so despondent - I just want him to get out alive. Glad to hear you're thriving, brother. Thanks for your shift - we get to sleep because people like you are on watch.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Todays Police Services on 00:01 - Sep 28 with 3575 viewsted_hendrix

No need to put your tin hat on, my Cousin Is a copper and some of the crap he has to put up with most people wouldn't believe or to put It another way they don't wan't to believe they wan't to continually f cking moan.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Todays Police Services on 00:02 - Sep 28 with 3575 viewsstowmarketrange

I certainly wasn’t knocking the 99% of officers who are decent are trying to do the best they can under difficult circumstances,I was taking at the fact that the tories have made sure that there isn’t enough of you left to do the job properly any more.
They don’t realise,or more likely don’t care that it has emboldened those people who know that their chances of getting caught and sentenced properly for most crimes they commit are remote.

It must be soul destroying to know that you’re doing your best but still getting stick from all sides because of the bad apples.
Good luck to you in your new career.
Todays Police Services on 01:02 - Sep 28 with 3518 viewsnumptydumpty

Highlighted the cases of known drug dealer and kids baseball bats smashing windows , you would hope that this would be enough to send someone down to investigate but no time apparently. Who is likely to then think of going to a crime commissioner to escalate this. Thats beyond crazy to be fair.

and I was personally aware of the alleged harrassment. It was a series of emails from my friend who had severe anxiety at the time, could not get out of his flat due to panic attacks.

He sent several emails as his brothers and sisters families all lived nearby and just had no interest in his welfare as he was not able to work at the time due to PTSD. There had been no fall out

They chose to ring the police on his emails simply because they chose to not like them due to being prejudiced against his inactivity in working at that time and not understanding his panic attacks.

They rang the police and as you in your comment the alleged harrassment interpretation which the police at the time did. His family were all well and working and it was more they wanted him to feel bad for their own reasons.

Police said they had to investigate an allegation of harrassment even if as it was actually the other way around. Eventually the police realised this but the damage was done to my friend - the police had gone round to his house and treated him like he was a hardened criminal - he wasnt at all and he had asked the police who had visited his siblings that were they harassed , and the police said no they appeared to be calm and my friend said well he had felt extremely harrassed by the situation. They eventually said all the emails were nice and in no way could be construed as harrassment but they had to act on alleged harrassment.

But highlighted both cases because the contrast was stark, putting it mildly.

And from myself working in mental health , this is far from an isolated incident. Police deal with these situations consistently badly but it should be an NHS social care responsibility but police generally deal with such things, which they are not qualified for at all. Demonising someone who struggling has severe consequences for that person.

But the drug dealer and the boys smashing random flats windows with baseball bats police not having the time to investigate.

Well personally can see many areas where they simply should not be involved in anyways whatsoever but seriously misguided in what they do actually investigate, and these two cases highlight the complete misinterpretations

I do appreciate there will be decent coppers like yourself, I know someone who was friendly with my parents a few years ago, who was brilliant but she was sadly not commonplace and my viewpoint is based on years of inappropriateness by existing police officers causing harm to innocent individuals.

Think heard it said previous

"The Law is an Ass"

If it can consistently misinterpreted by officers then its hard to have faith in justice.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2023 1:08]

Todays Police Services on 01:21 - Sep 28 with 3495 viewsBoston

Favourite cheese?
Shoe size?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Todays Police Services on 06:41 - Sep 28 with 3393 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Great read, actually glad you've come through it relatively unscathed by the sound of it.

The firm I started out as a trainee solicitor in the mid-90s were the Police Federation's solicitors. I worked there for two years afterwhich I moved on and left with distinct views:

We are better off with the police than without them.

Its a job I'd never do for many reasons.

The police are the cause of a lot of their own problems, and the public and politicians cause the rest. However, I couldn't apportion the blame.

For me, the Police needed to look at whom they recruit and how they train and manage themselves thereafter.

But the thing that really got me: was in the presence of wrong, how often the police closed ranks! The number of bad apples may well be 1%, but good luck to the other 99% who might want to speak up and call it out, for it would be like breaking an omertà!

Even back then, good decent coppers struggled with bad colleagues and if we want good policing, then it's the responsibility of all stakeholders - not just the police - to work at it.

I suspect the last paragraph could be easily applied to the: NHS, prison service, education, transport sector, CPS, local government etc., which leads to the bigger question: when will folks link the gradual breaking down of the effective functioning and very fabric of the UK by the most useless series of governments since 2010!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Todays Police Services on 07:56 - Sep 28 with 3306 viewsBedford_R

Couple of things.

Had a package stolen by a courier company. It contained headphones worth about £100. Police said that they would not investigate and the courier classed it as an acceptable lose. So there's a perfect crime that nobody investigates and with no consequences for the perpetrator. Looking at social media for this courier company it is rife within it and well known for packages being stolen by it's staff and nothing is done about it. Millions of pounds of goods get stolen this way - easy money for the criminals.

As for Thames Valley Police I'm currently waiting for something from them which is a waste of my time and money. But that is what they put their resources into.

And lastly I did some work for a police force last year. I came across an individual of colour who told me that he has not told his family he works for the police as they would not understand why he does. Getting stared at when I was walking through one police station that has been classed as misogynistic and racist underlines the previous sentence. I found that the people I worked directly with were honest and hard working but sometimes frivolous with public money. I had access to an ADC and other senior officers who came across as reasonable and fair.

The police do a hard job but sometimes the culture within it lets bad things happen and fester and escalate. They should be the best of us and most of them are. But when they are bad they are absolutely the worst of us...

RMH_R Reborn

Todays Police Services on 08:37 - Sep 28 with 3219 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Many years ago someone was trying to stab a copper I know so he hit them round the head with his torch and neutralised the threat.

Net result he had to carry a smaller torch as he shouldn't have hit him round the head apparently.

The mind boggles and that was nearly 20 years ago.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Todays Police Services on 09:08 - Sep 28 with 3149 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The more unequal a country is (by income) the more crime it has.

Sorry to hear of some of the sad stories here.

[Post edited 28 Sep 2023 9:17]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024