Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bobby Charlton RIP 16:10 - Oct 21 with 1539 viewskingslandstand1

What can you say really

What a sad, sad loss
Bobby Charlton RIP on 17:01 - Oct 21 with 1496 viewsChesham_Saint

I really dislike Man U and everything about themโ€ฆ.except Bobby Charlton. A class act. A sad loss indeed.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Bobby Charlton RIP on 17:08 - Oct 21 with 1477 views1885_SFC

RIP Bobby. Thanks for the memories.

Old School is Cool

Bobby Charlton RIP on 17:11 - Oct 21 with 1468 viewskernow

Boyhood hero, brilliant footballer, Munich survivor, World Cup winner, Knight of the Realm, a true gentleman. Feeling very sad .
RIP Sir Bobby Charlton.
Bobby Charlton RIP on 17:32 - Oct 21 with 1421 viewsUmPahars

A true gentleman who transcends all football rivalries.

An absolute legend of the game.
Bobby Charlton RIP on 17:41 - Oct 21 with 1411 viewsgrumpy

RIP Bobby,thanks for the memories.
Bobby Charlton RIP on 21:16 - Oct 21 with 1284 viewsLondonSaint76

I believe Sir Bobby is the last of the Munich survivors to pass away. My Dad used to be a Terminal Duty Manager for BOAC (now BA) at Hearhrow and met Sir Bobby on several occasions durig his playing days as not all destinations were served directly by Ringway plus England flew out from Heathrow a fair bit in those days. He said he was an absolute gent, no airs or graces, just a lovely man. On one occasion Sir Bobby was asked about Munich by another passenger in the Monarch Lounge; he said to my Dad that he still thought about it every day, sometimes only fleetingly, other days it could almost crush him. He said he felt a sense of guilt, not so much walking away from the actual crash - he put that down to the luck of the draw in terms of where he was sat, the guilf he felt was what he went on to achieve, everthing life gave him that all his friends, not just teammates because they were friends as well, were denied.
Fantastic player, boy could he hit a ball, great ambassador of the game and a true gentleman - yes he will be sadly missed.
RIP Sir Bobby, a true legend lost.

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Bobby Charlton RIP on 11:36 - Oct 22 with 1111 viewsLetissier2398

Had the pleasure of seeing him play, in my first ever game at the Dell on the 19th NOVEMBER 1966,

Still have the programme , United won 2-1 with Sir Bobby scoring a brace, and Ron Davies our goal

Not a United fan, but that was a class side with Law, Best, Stiles, Stepney.

A reminder that I've been a Saints fan for nearly 57 years, once a Saint always a Saint
Bobby Charlton RIP on 20:32 - Oct 22 with 1030 viewsSaintNick

Bobby Charlton RIP on 11:36 - Oct 22 by Letissier2398

Had the pleasure of seeing him play, in my first ever game at the Dell on the 19th NOVEMBER 1966,

Still have the programme , United won 2-1 with Sir Bobby scoring a brace, and Ron Davies our goal

Not a United fan, but that was a class side with Law, Best, Stiles, Stepney.

A reminder that I've been a Saints fan for nearly 57 years, once a Saint always a Saint

Like you my first ever game was against Manchester United at the Dell, this time on January 15th 1972 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

We drew 1-1 and it was Bobby Charlton who scored the first ever goal I ever saw live in professional football, Jimmy Gabriel scored the second to give us a 1-1 draw.

Stepney, Law & best all played in that game alongside Bobby as did another European Cup winner Brian Kidd

Like you although I grew to hate Manchester United what they became, I had total respect for Bobby Charlton and indeed Denis Law, George Best was a little more difficult to like, but you had to respect his talent, Best's behaviour both during and after his playing career left a lot to be desired.

For two points name the future Southampton player who turned out for United in my first game.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Login to get fewer ads

Bobby Charlton RIP on 05:50 - Oct 23 with 985 viewsLondonSaint76

Bobby Charlton RIP on 20:32 - Oct 22 by SaintNick

Like you my first ever game was against Manchester United at the Dell, this time on January 15th 1972 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

We drew 1-1 and it was Bobby Charlton who scored the first ever goal I ever saw live in professional football, Jimmy Gabriel scored the second to give us a 1-1 draw.

Stepney, Law & best all played in that game alongside Bobby as did another European Cup winner Brian Kidd

Like you although I grew to hate Manchester United what they became, I had total respect for Bobby Charlton and indeed Denis Law, George Best was a little more difficult to like, but you had to respect his talent, Best's behaviour both during and after his playing career left a lot to be desired.

For two points name the future Southampton player who turned out for United in my first game.

I reckon that would be defender Francis Burns - can I please donate the 2 points towards our push for promotion ๐Ÿ˜€
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 5:51]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Bobby Charlton RIP on 09:23 - Oct 23 with 963 viewsSaintNick

Bobby Charlton RIP on 05:50 - Oct 23 by LondonSaint76

I reckon that would be defender Francis Burns - can I please donate the 2 points towards our push for promotion ๐Ÿ˜€
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 5:51]

Correct I will get on to the EFL now and get them added.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bobby Charlton RIP on 10:30 - Oct 23 with 944 views1teeminants

Bobby Charlton RIP on 20:32 - Oct 22 by SaintNick

My first ever game 19 th September in 1970 also had Bobby Charlton playing but it was Ipswich v Man U at Portman Road. Ipswich hammered them 4-0 which was a complete shock at that time as United had a great side then. Still got the programme.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2023 10:32]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024