Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread 11:15 - Jan 5 with 55661 viewsmikeygunn

Been a while since I’ve done one. 0-2. Everyone reaches for the leftover Christmas food that got hidden away.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:21 - Jan 6 with 2731 viewsWatford_Ranger

Never seen such a middle class away support. Odd considering what a dump Bournemouth is nowadays.

Just one proper cup run in my life please Rangers. Statistically I should have another half a century in me so I’m not hopeful.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:28 - Jan 6 with 2672 viewsPinnerR

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:21 - Jan 6 by Watford_Ranger

Never seen such a middle class away support. Odd considering what a dump Bournemouth is nowadays.

Just one proper cup run in my life please Rangers. Statistically I should have another half a century in me so I’m not hopeful.

Statiscally I've got about 10 years left, so no chance for me!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:45 - Jan 6 with 2577 viewsdavman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 18:04 - Jan 6 by Antti_Heinola

Not exactly a brave prediction considering there aren’t much more than 50 games between now and our first game in league two.

Kinda my point, Antti. If we want to stay at this level, that is the Standard we should hold our Academy Graduates against and none of them are ever going to take us to the next level.
It is really, really poor and depressing...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 6 with 2551 viewsdavman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 20:11 - Jan 6 by rbee

Quite possibly as the Bournemouth player didn't touch the ball.

As usual the lack of appeals didn't help.

Maybe, but our big, tough Centre Half just, well, fell over. Just like Dickie did last season. Weak as pss.

Can we go out yet?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 21:29 - Jan 6 with 2444 viewsBushRanger82

We are now free to concentrate on being utterly shite in the league now. Lucky old us, eh?
[Post edited 7 Jan 7:12]
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 23:12 - Jan 6 with 2252 viewslave16

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 21:29 - Jan 6 by BushRanger82

We are now free to concentrate on being utterly shite in the league now. Lucky old us, eh?
[Post edited 7 Jan 7:12]

The lining to every cloud is a Micky Beale presser when he's not your manager

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 00:13 - Jan 7 with 2184 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:30 - Jan 6 by ted_hendrix

Jesus bloody wept those financial figures!!!!

What a mess ain't it........you get a couple half decent players for best part of £100mil these days.....makes you think don't it....madness
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 08:27 - Jan 7 with 1970 viewsSpaceman_P

Forget the FA CUP.... it was a pipe dream to think we could win this fixture.

Lets focus on staying up.

Lets take the positive from the game, our two strikers scored a goal.
Login to get fewer ads

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 08:48 - Jan 7 with 1905 viewsGaryBannister86

Don't think I have ever disliked a Rangers player more than Begovic. Just reminds me of the disinterested, overrated mercenary we would have signed when Fernandes and Hughes were in full flow.

I would SO much rather be developing a young keeper who we will have a for a few years. At least then their errors would be learnings and improvement would come that we can eventually profit from.

What is the point in this idiot flapping in goals? In giving Dunne hospital passes every 2 minutes? In booting it out of play?

And why the hell is he our captain?
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:02 - Jan 7 with 1842 viewsOldPedro

He simply has no command of his area which shows at every defensive corner. If he even got close to the ball, and hit the deck, he would get free kicks like every other teams keepers, but he never does.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:19 - Jan 7 with 1780 viewsswitchingcode

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 00:13 - Jan 7 by Midlands_Ranger

What a mess ain't it........you get a couple half decent players for best part of £100mil these days.....makes you think don't it....madness

A club with a stadium that holds just over 11000 highlights the madness.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:26 - Jan 7 with 1759 viewsbongo_king

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:02 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

He simply has no command of his area which shows at every defensive corner. If he even got close to the ball, and hit the deck, he would get free kicks like every other teams keepers, but he never does.

Glad someone else is feeling the same on his command of his area. Our general defending of set pieces is cr@p, but when the keeper and captain fails to command the area and rarely comes to claim balls into the 6 yard box (and flaps when he does), what kind of confidence does that inspire for defending ANY set piece?

Good shot stopper, cr@p command of area, distribution and captain. Unfortunately we're stuck with him. Thankfully though, only till June.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:32 - Jan 7 with 1740 viewsGaryBannister86

This guy was on the bench yesterday. He's got a bit of growing to do, but seen him now in a couple of pre match warm ups (yes, I know that is no guide) and he certainly can make a save

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/one-of-r-own-matteo-salamon-130422/
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:52 - Jan 7 with 1641 viewsTW_R

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:25 - Jan 6 by Lblock

I've seen stuff giving it jolly hockey sticks that it was a "credible defeat by 1 goal against Premiership opposition"

Fcuk that.
It's Bournemouth FFS, Bournemouth not Man City's gallaticos.

That second half we allowed ourselves to be dicked on.
It was shameful that every single bastard corner looks a goal against us

Anybody that buys a ticket to see this kunting club in the first round of ANY cup competition needs either a medal or their head tested.
I'm sure we'll repeat the same trick in the Papa Johns Trophy next season.

Sorry this “it’s only Bournemouth” mantra is just horseshit. Their last 10 Prem results are:-

LWWWWDWWLW. 4 of those wins were away, including thrashing Man Utd. The 2 losses were away at Man City and Spurs. They are on a completely different level to us. Disappointing that we couldn’t hold on to a 2 goal lead, but if you are really suggesting you are surprised that we are losing to Bournemouth, when we can’t hold our own against poor Championship teams, then you probably don’t know anything about them.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:34 - Jan 7 with 1505 viewsdavman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 10:52 - Jan 7 by TW_R

Sorry this “it’s only Bournemouth” mantra is just horseshit. Their last 10 Prem results are:-

LWWWWDWWLW. 4 of those wins were away, including thrashing Man Utd. The 2 losses were away at Man City and Spurs. They are on a completely different level to us. Disappointing that we couldn’t hold on to a 2 goal lead, but if you are really suggesting you are surprised that we are losing to Bournemouth, when we can’t hold our own against poor Championship teams, then you probably don’t know anything about them.

Yes, but not the point. It isn't about yesterday, it is about how their club has moved past us from where we were both at in the 90s. The fact that they have caught the wave and we have missed out on every single opportunity to stay a top flight club is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow.

As is PalARSE, Brighton Chel***, Luton, Burnley, Brighton , Brentford, Fulham, Leicester, Southampton and every other club that was well below us in the 90s, of which there are many.

Depressing.

Can we go out yet?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 15:32 - Jan 7 with 1417 viewsManinBlack

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:34 - Jan 7 by davman

Yes, but not the point. It isn't about yesterday, it is about how their club has moved past us from where we were both at in the 90s. The fact that they have caught the wave and we have missed out on every single opportunity to stay a top flight club is a bitter, bitter pill to swallow.

As is PalARSE, Brighton Chel***, Luton, Burnley, Brighton , Brentford, Fulham, Leicester, Southampton and every other club that was well below us in the 90s, of which there are many.

Depressing.

Absolutely agree with you Davman. So galling to see teams that were in the bottom league when we were at the top level now enjoying the riches of the Premiership while we haven't got a tenner to spare and FFP hanging over us.

I am currently watching Wrexham live on TV and apparently their cup tie is being shown live in 15 countries. I assume they will be making money from this coverage and it is only a matter of time before they too will be looking down on us. We are like a torpedoed ship taking in water, unable to move and gradually sinking with every year that slips by. We need new owners to rescue us from oblivion as the current crop appear to have abandoned ship before it goes under.
[Post edited 7 Jan 15:33]
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 16:45 - Jan 7 with 1315 viewsGus_iom

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 13:34 - Jan 7 by davman

Depressing.

I wish you hadn't put it like that
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 with 1290 viewsNed_Kennedys

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 19:51 - Jan 6 by Hastings_Hoops

One thing Dozzell can do is take a decent set piece. I imagine that Dixon-Bonner can also. Maybe Willock. Pretty certain that one of the last useful attributes Adomah could have is a decent corner in him.

Paal and Chair on the other hand cannot miss the first man.

I cannot see why this is not understood by anyone at the club.
[Post edited 6 Jan 20:02]

Cifuentes cannot make this squad into world beaters but surely it’s not too hard to replace Paal and Chair on set pieces? Both have had plenty of opportunities to deliver quality and it hardly ever happens: maybe it something that Dozzell might be good at?
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 7 with 1262 viewsflynnbo

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:32 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

This guy was on the bench yesterday. He's got a bit of growing to do, but seen him now in a couple of pre match warm ups (yes, I know that is no guide) and he certainly can make a save

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/under-18s-news/one-of-r-own-matteo-salamon-130422/

He and his dad were opposite me the on the tube yesterday and we exchanged a few pleasantries. Didn’t seem very tall but then again neither were Jennings, Shilton, Banks and Smithies but….but…but… Liam Kelly!
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:13 - Jan 7 with 1232 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 16:54 - Jan 7 by Ned_Kennedys

Cifuentes cannot make this squad into world beaters but surely it’s not too hard to replace Paal and Chair on set pieces? Both have had plenty of opportunities to deliver quality and it hardly ever happens: maybe it something that Dozzell might be good at?

He took them yesterday and they were crap.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 7 with 1194 viewsPaddyhoops

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 09:19 - Jan 7 by switchingcode

A club with a stadium that holds just over 11000 highlights the madness.

It’s not his many seats you have . It’s how you spend it. We royally f**led it up .
You should know better than anyone Switching. It makes it easier . Sure . Doesn’t garauntee success though.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:31 - Jan 7 with 1161 viewsParkRoyalR

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 08:48 - Jan 7 by GaryBannister86

Don't think I have ever disliked a Rangers player more than Begovic. Just reminds me of the disinterested, overrated mercenary we would have signed when Fernandes and Hughes were in full flow.

I would SO much rather be developing a young keeper who we will have a for a few years. At least then their errors would be learnings and improvement would come that we can eventually profit from.

What is the point in this idiot flapping in goals? In giving Dunne hospital passes every 2 minutes? In booting it out of play?

And why the hell is he our captain?

Your last paragraph sums up our repeat failings in recent games with Millwall being the most glaring example:

1) No on-field Captain to make subtle adjustments to in game tactics or reinforce Managers instructions (e.g. why are we dropping so deep despite being told otherwise at HT)

2) Limited game intelligence e.g. Begovic hospital balls in 2nd Half despite seeing a Bournemouth team had changed tactics to press higher and with no-one in midfield dropping deep to show for the out-ball

3) Begovic on crosses obviously needs protection; how many more goals do we concede before our management team see this?

Still think my top 3 for staying up remains:

1) Drop Dozzell (playing with 11 always helps)
2) Drop Zonal Marking (Begovic needs protection)
3) Move Chair into middle as our CAM (will always show for the out-ball and transition us from defence to attack)
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 7 with 1083 viewsswitchingcode

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 17:24 - Jan 7 by Paddyhoops

It’s not his many seats you have . It’s how you spend it. We royally f**led it up .
You should know better than anyone Switching. It makes it easier . Sure . Doesn’t garauntee success though.

I know only too well about small capacity stadiums I was making the point ( very badly) regarding their spending over the years.I never understood how they got away with it even in the championship before they got to the PL.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 18:30 - Jan 7 with 1040 viewssilverbirch

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 19:51 - Jan 6 by Hastings_Hoops

One thing Dozzell can do is take a decent set piece. I imagine that Dixon-Bonner can also. Maybe Willock. Pretty certain that one of the last useful attributes Adomah could have is a decent corner in him.

Paal and Chair on the other hand cannot miss the first man.

I cannot see why this is not understood by anyone at the club.
[Post edited 6 Jan 20:02]

So, like Stainrod elbow is saying, even though we like what the new management team is trying to do, it is a bit disappointing that after some time in charge, they haven’t managed to improve delivery or our ability to attack an incoming corner.
Seems fair to me.
Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 19:43 - Jan 7 with 931 viewsOldPedro

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch Cherries bomb us out the cup - Match Thread on 18:07 - Jan 7 by switchingcode

I know only too well about small capacity stadiums I was making the point ( very badly) regarding their spending over the years.I never understood how they got away with it even in the championship before they got to the PL.

When Bournemouth first got promoted to the Premier League, they broke FFP rules (as did Leicester and QPR among others). However, as they managed to stay in the Premier League, they were able to negotiate a settlement with the EFL (as did Leicester).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/10267899/bournemouth-fined-7-6m-af

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/feb/21/leicester-settlement-football-l

QPR's problem was we got relegated back into the Championship before we had a chance to negotiate a smaller settlement.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024