Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team Tonight 19:03 - Feb 20 with 3160 viewsTimSaint

31Bazunu
2Walker-Peters
21Harwood-Bellis
35Bednarek
3Manning
19Rothwell
16Smallbone
17S Armstrong
18Mara
9A Armstrong
23Edozie
Substitutes
5Stephens
7Aribo
10Adams
13Lumley
20Sulemana
24Charles
26Fraser
33Dibling
36Brooks

TimSaint

Team Tonight on 21:53 - Feb 20 with 1066 viewsCity_boy

Team Tonight on 21:50 - Feb 20 by Ron11

Should have started Fraser and Brooks.
And stop the short passing out from the back FFS.

Agree. We seemed to mess around a lot more tonight in and around penalty area. Inviting Hull to press and wait for the inevitable mistake.
[Post edited 20 Feb 21:54]
Team Tonight on 21:55 - Feb 20 with 1042 viewssaint22

Team Tonight on 21:49 - Feb 20 by City_boy

Better 2nd half. Had we got our goal earlier it could have been different,

RM must start Brooks now. He is one of the few players that creates things and causes problems for defenders.

Hull played well, but we made it easy for them with that 1st half display.

Brooks came from a PL side for game time, and coming on at HT when we are losing only gies to show he should be starting every game now
No excuses, 13 games left and we ned to win them all, pick your best 11 now Russell quit tinkering
Team Tonight on 21:56 - Feb 20 with 1039 viewsgrumpy

Smallbone always plays the easy ball,strolls about like he thinks hes Beckenbauer.
[Post edited 20 Feb 21:57]
Team Tonight on 22:02 - Feb 20 with 1014 viewsA1079

It's not over until it is over and still alot of games to go, but Leeds look invincible at the moment having conceded only 1 goal since the New Year and scoring freely. Unless they suddenly hit some bad form (which I cannot see at the moment) and we get our form back and stop conceding then the best we can hope for is the play-offs which frankly I do not fancy. I can't comment on how we played tonight as I did not see any of it, but what I heard, is that Hull were much the better side especially in the first half and we messed around alot in our own penalty area.
Team Tonight on 22:12 - Feb 20 with 980 viewsobelisk

Team Tonight on 21:52 - Feb 20 by saint22

he won't though its the Martin way
it did for us in September when the players couldn't get to grips with it
now we just dont have enough quality to be doing that all the time
No plan B and the wrong selection today

Leeds and Ipswich have found a winning mentality. If anyone seriously thinks that last day game at Elland Rd will mean anything it'll probably only be a question of whether Leeds pip Leicester for top spot. Saints need to start planning for the play-offs and hope they don't meet Hull.
Team Tonight on 22:15 - Feb 20 with 970 viewsPatfromPoole

No team is ever going to get promoted with Mara and Manning in the side.

Stephens had a solid game on Friday night. Why drop him?

Fraser was superb on Friday. Why drop him?

As for Mara……

This one is on Martin. Abysmal team selection.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Team Tonight on 22:16 - Feb 20 with 969 viewsMrangry25

Team Tonight on 21:56 - Feb 20 by grumpy

Smallbone always plays the easy ball,strolls about like he thinks hes Beckenbauer.
[Post edited 20 Feb 21:57]

He is our worst player by a country mile and is a waste of a shirt
Team Tonight on 22:19 - Feb 20 with 958 viewsPatfromPoole

Team Tonight on 22:16 - Feb 20 by Mrangry25

He is our worst player by a country mile and is a waste of a shirt

You can’t feasibly say that when we have Manning and Mara.

Smallbone was the only player brave enough to take the ball short from Bazunu tonight.

He was by no means our worst player tonight. Probably one of the better ones.

Login to get fewer ads

Team Tonight on 22:34 - Feb 20 with 910 viewsSouthamptonfan

Team Tonight on 22:15 - Feb 20 by PatfromPoole

As for Mara……

Have to agree with you wholeheartedly tonight. Manning and Mara were terrible. RM got the team selection wrong tonight. Aribo is strong and direct. He should have started against such physically strong side. Fraser is a quality player. Again he should have started. And again Brooks, he should have started instead of Edozie. We were much better second half when the good players came on. Such a disappointing evening. It's not over, but we are slowly throwing it away. We hope for a Leicester win Friday, beat Millwall and we go above them again. But the again if Leeds win, it's almost done.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Team Tonight on 22:34 - Feb 20 with 906 viewsobelisk

Team Tonight on 22:19 - Feb 20 by PatfromPoole

Smallbone was the only player brave enough to take the ball short from Bazunu tonight.

Two goals down early on in 3 games out of 4? Seems to me that the team isn't being set up properly tactically, mentally and physically.
Team Tonight on 22:39 - Feb 20 with 887 viewsTimSaint

We were given a footballing lesson tonight, but it fear it is one that we won't learn from.

RM got it wrong from the start. No way should Mara or Edozie be starting tonight.
I would question Manning too, but perhaps he was in for his pace over Stephens, or RM thought dropping him for WBA had given him the kick up the arse he needed again.

We were so predictable with our stupid, kamikaze passing, it was so easy to set up against and wait for our MANY mistakes.

Bazunu had his birthday today, but it was him giving out the presents, not receiving them FFS !!

Mara - Why bother ?
Sulemana - offers nothing and has a bad attitude

Fraser did more running and put more effort in that most of the other players in the whole match.

Brooks offered some creativity, but I think he is too lightweight to start games, especially away, as per Bristol City.

13 Cup Finals left.
Strongest starting XI every time
Learn - Stop all the fannying around
More urgency
What could have been if Ross Stewart was fit

TimSaint

Team Tonight on 22:41 - Feb 20 with 878 viewssaint22

Team Tonight on 22:15 - Feb 20 by PatfromPoole

As for Mara……

Manning once again proved to be our weak link and has been all season
He had couple of half decent games and that seemed to buy him time
Unfortunately he is one 0f Wussells faves so will always get picked
Totally down to Wussell tonight, his endless tinkering is costing us and we seem to really struggle against the better sides
Now he earns his money, no more mistakes and play your best 11
Team Tonight on 22:48 - Feb 20 with 858 viewsfelly1

So lightweight in midfield.
Martin definitely got the selection wrong tonight.
Absolutely no way is Smallbone a CDM.
I do rate him but he's a number 8 linking up play but that's it.
Rothwell and Armstrong S were very poor and none of them won any battles.
Should have played either Charles or Aribo from the get go.
Mara offered very little but I thought Manning was OK, I can see why he was brought back in the team but we simply couldn't deal with Hulls excellent press.
Team Tonight on 22:51 - Feb 20 with 843 viewspjt50

Team Tonight on 22:34 - Feb 20 by obelisk

Two goals down early on in 3 games out of 4? Seems to me that the team isn't being set up properly tactically, mentally and physically.

Over the past 5 games we've now got the worst points return in the top 9. Thankfully it comes on the back of a great run.

It does feel as though teams have sussed out how to play us at home though. Huddersfield weren't good enough to keep it up for 90 mins. Hull were. Luckily we haven't got many more teams of that calibre to play at St Mary's.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Team Tonight on 22:54 - Feb 20 with 824 viewsButty101

Team Tonight on 22:41 - Feb 20 by saint22

Manning once again proved to be our weak link and has been all season
He had couple of half decent games and that seemed to buy him time
Unfortunately he is one 0f Wussells faves so will always get picked
Totally down to Wussell tonight, his endless tinkering is costing us and we seem to really struggle against the better sides
Now he earns his money, no more mistakes and play your best 11

I don’t get to go often and really wish I hadn’t bothered tonight.
The messing about of the ball between Baz and the defence in front of him was terrible. I actually think the Hull goalkeeper was smashing goal kicks long to Baz so we would try and play out from the back.

The whole performance was so tepid.

Why didn’t we get a penalty at the end of the first half ?

Airbo was on it as soon as he got on .

This shows why we need to avoid the playoffs

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Team Tonight on 23:42 - Feb 20 with 717 viewssaint22

Team Tonight on 22:51 - Feb 20 by pjt50

Over the past 5 games we've now got the worst points return in the top 9. Thankfully it comes on the back of a great run.

It does feel as though teams have sussed out how to play us at home though. Huddersfield weren't good enough to keep it up for 90 mins. Hull were. Luckily we haven't got many more teams of that calibre to play at St Mary's.

I fear our run came too early, leeds picking up now and look unstoppable, we on the other hand when up against a footballing side look very beatable as has been proved twice in a week
RM needs to shake it up and step up, pick his best & strongest 11 and quit tinkering for friends to play
we need to show some fight now or that unbeaten run will have been tremendous waste of time
3 points saturday please and pray for a cpl of miracles elsewhere or we are destined for the play offs
(No subject) (n/t) on 06:52 - Feb 21 with 592 viewsMrangry25

Team Tonight on 10:46 - Feb 21 with 469 viewsIanSouthstander

Aint that the truth Pat.

And the fact that Janny B , a centre back, was officially our MOTM , sums up just how poor we were last night.
Team Tonight on 13:05 - Feb 21 with 408 viewsdirk_doone

Team Tonight on 20:28 - Feb 20 by grumpy

I said this time and time again,Bazunu must stop passing to our players close to his area that are clearly marked.

I am convinced this team will not get promoted,they will go out in the playoffs.
[Post edited 20 Feb 20:29]

I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. We've been unlucky to come down with 2 stronger teams, Leicester and Leeds. If we do go up this year, we'll probably still be the weakest of the three.

Next season, the 3 most likely relegated teams from the Premier League, Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton, look much weaker.

The main advantage of getting relegated was the chance to win a significant trophy, the Championship. Next year (unless Everton come down) we should win it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 13:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Team Tonight on 16:52 - Feb 21 with 358 viewsgrumpy

Team Tonight on 13:05 - Feb 21 by dirk_doone

I'm not so sure that's a bad thing. We've been unlucky to come down with 2 stronger teams, Leicester and Leeds. If we do go up this year, we'll probably still be the weakest of the three.

Next season, the 3 most likely relegated teams from the Premier League, Sheffield United, Burnley and Luton, look much weaker.

The main advantage of getting relegated was the chance to win a significant trophy, the Championship. Next year (unless Everton come down) we should win it.

The trouble with that Dirk is our better players (believe it or not we have some)will leave if we don't get promoted.Our loan players will not be interested in staying.Our Parachute payment will be less and after the 3rd and final year will be down to 20%.
Our best chance of promotion is this season, we've had a brilliant run which has kept us in touch of automatic promotion, but I fear not strengthening in certain departments in January will cost us.
Team Tonight on 17:14 - Feb 21 with 347 viewsUTS1885

Alcaraz would have been handy in recent games
Team Tonight on 17:26 - Feb 21 with 345 viewsgrumpy

Team Tonight on 17:14 - Feb 21 by UTS1885

Alcaraz would have been handy in recent games

Difficult to understand how a international(Argentina)and Juventus player is not considered good enough to play in the Championship.
Team Tonight on 19:16 - Feb 21 with 291 viewscocklebreath

Team Tonight on 17:26 - Feb 21 by grumpy

Difficult to understand how a international(Argentina)and Juventus player is not considered good enough to play in the Championship.

Because when did play he was crap.
I know we were terrible but I’m surprised more hasn’t been said about the ref, thought he was awful

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Team Tonight on 19:38 - Feb 21 with 280 viewsPatfromPoole

Team Tonight on 13:05 - Feb 21 by dirk_doone

Take out the following from the side, as they won't be with us next season if we don't go up:

Walker-Peters
Harwood-Bellis
Downes

Plus almost certainly Brooks, Fraser, Che Adams and Stu Armstrong.

That's 7 of our best players gone, with only Walker-Peters commanding a fee, and that won't be much as he would only have 12 months left on his contract. £10 million tops.

Good luck in replacing that lot with no more than £10 million to play with.

Team Tonight on 21:00 - Feb 21 with 237 viewshedgeend61

Team Tonight on 17:26 - Feb 21 by grumpy

Called up to the Argentina squad, never got near their bench, so not an international.

Had a few minutes for Juventus, they've got 1 point from 3 games since he's been there.

Anyone who's seen him play live this season would know he's weak, can't tackle, can't take a free kick, can't pass, missed with a poncey penalty, and think he was aiming at me away at Watford in Cup when his shot was about 10 yards wide of the post.

Anyone who expects Juve to pay the £40m buyout clause is cuckoo, decimal point's in wrong place obviously.

As for our players out on loan, we wouldn't want any of them back, not good enough for even the Championship, no PL club would want them, be lucky to give them away.
Mara and Sulemana nowhere near good enough either.
How to waste £100m, by SFC
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024