Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich turning the screw 16:26 - Mar 16 with 2423 viewsGRIM

Ipswich 4-0 up after 60 mins.
They really are over achieving with their limited squad but will make automatic promotion difficult for both Leicester & Leeds & virtually impossible for Saints.
Ipswich turning the screw on 16:50 - Mar 16 with 1900 viewsmushinexile

5-0 now. No, we have underachieved, as I have been pointing out for months. They get five and add five to their goal difference, We get five and are lucky to add two. Our probable next season in the Championship is entirely due to this fact.
Ipswich turning the screw on 16:57 - Mar 16 with 1877 viewskingslandstand1

6-0 mow
Auto promotion almost certainly a 3 horse race now unless we absolutely take advantage of the games in hand and as said, have a couple of 5 - 0 wins at least in the remaining games
Ipswich turning the screw on 17:23 - Mar 16 with 1844 viewsPatfromPoole

Well, out of Ipswich away, Leicester away and Leeds away, we have to win at least two of those games.

And then win pretty much every other game.

And then hope.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Ipswich turning the screw on 17:47 - Mar 16 with 1809 viewsRon11

Didn't see much Ipswich pissing about passing out from the back or producing sideways and back passing - too busy up the other end scoring goals.
Ipswich turning the screw on 17:53 - Mar 16 with 1795 viewsfranniesTache

I’ve said since the first game of the season we’ll get play offs and lose the first game, I don’t see that changing now.

Fair play to Ipswich though, carried the momentum through from last season and I think they’ll go up with Leicester and Leeds
Ipswich turning the screw on 18:29 - Mar 16 with 1744 viewsCenturion

I know I am being repetitive, but I said that a play off position would be success. I have also maintained that we need 3 or possibly 4 seasons before we are ready to go up.
FWIW, the Sports Republic model on spending and developing young players, plus a few gambles, reflects this.
Ipswich turning the screw on 18:30 - Mar 16 with 1721 viewssaint22

Fair play to them they have consistently performed all season and they have done exactly what w haven’t, killed teams off when needed
Bar Cardiff last week they have looked very good and as someone said more than one way of playing
Not always tippy tappy sometimes straight forward and clinical
Wussell could learn from them
Ipswich turning the screw on 20:45 - Mar 16 with 1639 viewsgrumpy

Really can’t see us going up. We don’t have the firepower.
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich turning the screw on 20:51 - Mar 16 with 1633 viewsPatfromPoole

See where we’re at in 10 days’ time.

Win our next two games and things look a lot different.

Ipswich turning the screw on 21:59 - Mar 16 with 1584 views1ASIN12

Ipswich turning the screw on 20:45 - Mar 16 by grumpy

Yet only Ipswich and Leicester have scored more goals than us - despite us playing less games then them .
Ipswich turning the screw on 22:39 - Mar 16 with 1549 viewshedgeend61

Ipswich turning the screw on 20:45 - Mar 16 by grumpy

So Leicester, who have scored one more than us having played one more, by your logic you can't see them going up either, even though this season have been playing in the Championship with PL standard players like Vardy, Dewsbury Hall, Mavididi, Daka, Iananacho, Winks and others, whereas we only had 3 players of PL quality in our squad last season.
So ,Leeds having scored 5 less having played a game more, so you're obviously not having them.
So who do you see going up with Ipswich?, who scored one more goal than us before ko today having played more games.
Ipswich turning the screw on 23:00 - Mar 16 with 1526 viewsgrumpy

Ipswich turning the screw on 22:39 - Mar 16 by hedgeend61

So Leicester, who have scored one more than us having played one more, by your logic you can't see them going up either, even though this season have been playing in the Championship with PL standard players like Vardy, Dewsbury Hall, Mavididi, Daka, Iananacho, Winks and others, whereas we only had 3 players of PL quality in our squad last season.
So ,Leeds having scored 5 less having played a game more, so you're obviously not having them.
So who do you see going up with Ipswich?, who scored one more goal than us before ko today having played more games.

So who do you see going up with Ipswich?

Leeds and Leicester.

Who do you think?
Ipswich turning the screw on 06:49 - Mar 17 with 1403 viewsmushinexile

It isn't firepower. Ours is the best it has been for years. The problem lies in a complete lack of defensive strategy. Changing out the players every week so that a solid partnership cannot grow is an oversight and some might say that some players have been played out of position for daft reasons. A goalkeeper who has more bad days than good ones is a major part of the problem.

Money wasted on a crocked striker that we didn't need anyway could have bought another keeper and, although I have tried hard not to name names, we would, I am certain, be in a better position now, had we not let Perraud go.
Ipswich turning the screw on 08:26 - Mar 17 with 1359 viewsgrumpy

Ipswich turning the screw on 06:49 - Mar 17 by mushinexile

It isn't firepower. Ours is the best it has been for years. The problem lies in a complete lack of defensive strategy. Changing out the players every week so that a solid partnership cannot grow is an oversight and some might say that some players have been played out of position for daft reasons. A goalkeeper who has more bad days than good ones is a major part of the problem.

Money wasted on a crocked striker that we didn't need anyway could have bought another keeper and, although I have tried hard not to name names, we would, I am certain, be in a better position now, had we not let Perraud go.

I don't understand the thinking that our firepower 'is the best it has been for years'.
Quite a few games we have dropped points because we haven't been cynical enough up front.
These points will cost us in the end.
Bazunu isnt a bad keeper I often wonder how he has been coached when he makes howers.
Bednarek/Harwood-Bellis partnership is as good if not best partnership in the Championship.
The rest of the squad is good particularly in depth,I agree with you about Perraud.
Changing out the players every week doesn't help with any defensive strategy.
Money wasted on a crocked striker when there was a need for a good one will be our defining moment this season.
We will be in the playoffs but I cant see us gaining promotion.
Ipswich turning the screw on 09:04 - Mar 17 with 1322 viewsPatfromPoole

Ipswich turning the screw on 08:26 - Mar 17 by grumpy

I don't understand the thinking that our firepower 'is the best it has been for years'.
Quite a few games we have dropped points because we haven't been cynical enough up front.
These points will cost us in the end.
Bazunu isnt a bad keeper I often wonder how he has been coached when he makes howers.
Bednarek/Harwood-Bellis partnership is as good if not best partnership in the Championship.
The rest of the squad is good particularly in depth,I agree with you about Perraud.
Changing out the players every week doesn't help with any defensive strategy.
Money wasted on a crocked striker when there was a need for a good one will be our defining moment this season.
We will be in the playoffs but I cant see us gaining promotion.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

Ipswich turning the screw on 10:35 - Mar 17 with 1241 viewsmushinexile

Regarding firepower, we have multiple players who can find the net (and not our own one) and have scored more goals per game than any other season for twenty years and more. I agree that some of the ones that didn't go in will cost us but 73 at this time in the season is third place for goals scored. The trouble is at the other end with 47 against us. Our crocked striker has cost us less than our crock of a defence - far less.
Ipswich turning the screw on 11:39 - Mar 17 with 1172 viewsgrumpy

Ipswich turning the screw on 10:35 - Mar 17 by mushinexile

Regarding firepower, we have multiple players who can find the net (and not our own one) and have scored more goals per game than any other season for twenty years and more. I agree that some of the ones that didn't go in will cost us but 73 at this time in the season is third place for goals scored. The trouble is at the other end with 47 against us. Our crocked striker has cost us less than our crock of a defence - far less.

Perhaps if we weren't coached to play it out from the back as if we were Man.City might help.
As you have said changing formations doesn't help,shoehorning Stephens into the defence doesn't help either.
I think the problems of defence are more to do with coaching and team selection.
The top three teams in the division are the ones I think will go up,why? because at the end of the day they have strikers who will make the difference.
Ipswich turning the screw on 12:26 - Mar 17 with 1138 viewsmushinexile

Perhaps so, but the real difference has been made by their defenders because they have lost fewer games than we have.
Ipswich turning the screw on 12:38 - Mar 17 with 1131 viewsgrumpy

Ipswich turning the screw on 12:26 - Mar 17 by mushinexile

Perhaps so, but the real difference has been made by their defenders because they have lost fewer games than we have.

Depends how you look at it,Leicester have lost 7,Ipswich 5 and Leeds 6,we have lost 7 not much difference there.
Ipswich turning the screw on 13:11 - Mar 17 with 1103 viewsGRIM

Ipswich turning the screw on 12:38 - Mar 17 by grumpy

Depends how you look at it,Leicester have lost 7,Ipswich 5 and Leeds 6,we have lost 7 not much difference there.

I think Leicester after looking like running away with the lge are in danger of missing out on automatic promotion.
It's all about teams being in form at this decisive period of the season.
So based on current form it'll be Leeds & Ipswich that get the automatic promotion places, but Leicester don't need to worry because they'll win the Play Offs & get back to where they deserve to be, the Premier Lge.
Ipswich turning the screw on 13:34 - Mar 17 with 1073 viewskingslandstand1

Ipswich turning the screw on 13:11 - Mar 17 by GRIM

I think Leicester after looking like running away with the lge are in danger of missing out on automatic promotion.
So based on current form it'll be Leeds & Ipswich that get the automatic promotion places, but Leicester don't need to worry because they'll win the Play Offs & get back to where they deserve to be, the Premier Lge.

That could depend on how they get on today against Chelsea. Defeat now may hurt them as they were on a run, or it could help "concentrate on the league etc".
That Prem/Championship gap is showing with Chelsea no just going 2-0 up
Ipswich turning the screw on 13:48 - Mar 17 with 1056 viewsCenturion

Norwich are hitting form at just the right time.
Play offs will be difficult.
Ipswich turning the screw on 13:51 - Mar 17 with 1039 viewscocklebreath

Ipswich turning the screw on 13:11 - Mar 17 by GRIM

Why do Leicester deserve to be in premier league?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Ipswich turning the screw on 14:04 - Mar 17 with 1043 viewskingslandstand1

Ipswich turning the screw on 13:51 - Mar 17 by cocklebreath

Why do Leicester deserve to be in premier league?

Cos big ears has demanded it
Ipswich turning the screw on 22:24 - Mar 17 with 943 viewshedgeend61

Ipswich turning the screw on 23:00 - Mar 16 by grumpy

So who do you see going up with Ipswich?

Leeds and Leicester.

Who do you think?

Looks like any 2 from 4, no one knows.

So why do you think Leeds and Leicester?, when this season Saints have had more firepower than both of them, and you say Saints won't go up as they don't have enough firepower.

I think I've made that question simple enough.
[Post edited 17 Mar 22:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024