Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bazunu out for the rest of the season 00:26 - Apr 17 with 1306 viewsSFC_Referee

RM has just said that due to his injury in the warm ups, it looks like Bazunu could be out for the rest of the season…

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 08:55 - Apr 17 with 1058 viewssledger

looks to me like hes been injured most of the season
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:38 - Apr 17 with 1005 viewssaints__fan__73

Torn Achilles. Worse than an ACL tear. Out for 10 months - 1 year.

New keeper in the Summer then.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:58 - Apr 17 with 980 viewssaintmark1976

On a personal level I feel disappointed for Bazunu. However, I actually consider that his omission will improve our chances of getting out of The Championship during the rest of the season.

Either of our replacement players are better keepers in the true sense of the word. Granted, their tippy tappy skills are not in the same league as Bazunu but that’s no bad thing given that we will now need to play more directly, hopefully taking some pressure off of the defence.

In summary it could well be a blessing in disguise.
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:13 - Apr 17 with 959 viewsmushinexile

Agreed.
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:17 - Apr 17 with 950 viewsA1079

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:38 - Apr 17 by saints__fan__73

Hopefully we will purchase Viktor Johanssen from Rotherham United.
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:19 - Apr 17 with 948 viewsSaintNick

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:38 - Apr 17 by saints__fan__73

I tore an achilles playing football about 2 years ago, I was out for about 4 months, but I didn't have the benefit of daily treatment etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:53 - Apr 17 with 899 viewssaints__fan__73

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:19 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

I tore an achilles playing football about 2 years ago, I was out for about 4 months, but I didn't have the benefit of daily treatment etc

It's about at least 9 months before you can get back to being a pro sportsman at a high level Nick.

Especially a keeper who will be putting a great deal of strain on the achilles.

Not a chance that he will be able to play again this calendar year so we will need a new keeper in the Summer.

https://nyulangone.org/conditions/achilles-injury/treatments/nonsurgical-treatme
[Post edited 17 Apr 10:53]

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:03 - Apr 17 with 850 viewsPatfromPoole

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:17 - Apr 17 by A1079

Hopefully we will purchase Viktor Johanssen from Rotherham United.

Seconded.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:07 - Apr 17 with 843 viewssaints__fan__73

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:03 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

Seconded.

He'll be going to a PL club.

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:43 - Apr 17 with 791 viewsSaintNick

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 10:53 - Apr 17 by saints__fan__73

It's about at least 9 months before you can get back to being a pro sportsman at a high level Nick.

Especially a keeper who will be putting a great deal of strain on the achilles.

Not a chance that he will be able to play again this calendar year so we will need a new keeper in the Summer.

https://nyulangone.org/conditions/achilles-injury/treatments/nonsurgical-treatme
[Post edited 17 Apr 10:53]

I am not disputing that he will probably miss the start of next season, whether we need a new keeper will depend on how quickly his injury heals

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:53 - Apr 17 with 774 viewsdirk_doone

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:43 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

I am not disputing that he will probably miss the start of next season, whether we need a new keeper will depend on how quickly his injury heals

In that case, let's wish him a leisurely recovery during which he can put his feet up, watch the football on TV and see out the rest of his contract.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:55 - Apr 17 with 768 viewssaints__fan__73

But that's the point. It is very unlikely he'll be fit to play before Feb so surely this is too long to not have a number 1 keeper. (and McC is Out of contract in the Summer).

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 12:05 - Apr 17 with 752 viewsSaintNick

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:55 - Apr 17 by saints__fan__73

But that's the point. It is very unlikely he'll be fit to play before Feb so surely this is too long to not have a number 1 keeper. (and McC is Out of contract in the Summer).

What i should have said is that it depends on what division we are in, if we are still in the championship they might go with Lumley

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 12:42 - Apr 17 with 725 viewsPatfromPoole

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 12:05 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

What i should have said is that it depends on what division we are in, if we are still in the championship they might go with Lumley

I think that would be rather unlikely after last night's decision by Brighton Buddha.

A brave decision, admittedly. If it had backfired, he would have been getting pelters which would have made the Jack Stephens situation look like an irrelevance.

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 14:21 - Apr 17 with 668 viewssaints__fan__73

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 12:05 - Apr 17 by SaintNick

+1. McC is out of contract in the Summer.

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 14:46 - Apr 17 with 655 views1885_SFC

Baz out for the season?

Old School is Cool

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 15:24 - Apr 17 with 620 viewsPatfromPoole

What did Bazunu actually do to get injured?

It's a real shame for him; I have been critical of him (very critical at times, in truth), but that's a horrible injury.

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 15:27 - Apr 17 with 620 viewssledger

we need a new number 1 whether hes fit or not,makes you wonder whether hes been carrying a niggle for some time judging by his inability to stretch and dive
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 16:05 - Apr 17 with 605 viewssaints__fan__73

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 15:24 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

What did Bazunu actually do to get injured?

It's a real shame for him; I have been critical of him (very critical at times, in truth), but that's a horrible injury.

Achilles snapped as he was jogging back.

It can happen at any time.

A player at this year's Super Bowl did the same jogging on to the field.

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 16:09 - Apr 17 with 598 viewsA1079

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 11:07 - Apr 17 by saints__fan__73

He'll be going to a PL club.

If you don't try you don't get.
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 16:35 - Apr 17 with 576 viewsFlamingbankers

Let Russell know, he might call you up!
Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 19:09 - Apr 17 with 517 viewsSFC_Referee

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:58 - Apr 17 by saintmark1976

On a personal level I feel disappointed for Bazunu. However, I actually consider that his omission will improve our chances of getting out of The Championship during the rest of the season.

Either of our replacement players are better keepers in the true sense of the word. Granted, their tippy tappy skills are not in the same league as Bazunu but that’s no bad thing given that we will now need to play more directly, hopefully taking some pressure off of the defence.

In summary it could well be a blessing in disguise.

I dunno about the other two being better than Bazunu, but I do feel like that if we did go up we would want a new number 1, and the fact that Bazunu’s gonna be out for a long time means that it’s a certain that we’ll be getting one, who hopefully can be a decent keeper. Something we’ve not had for a very long time

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 19:12 - Apr 17 with 511 viewsSFC_Referee

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 12:42 - Apr 17 by PatfromPoole

I think that would be rather unlikely after last night's decision by Brighton Buddha.

A brave decision, admittedly. If it had backfired, he would have been getting pelters which would have made the Jack Stephens situation look like an irrelevance.

Well no not really, as I don’t think RM was expecting anyone to get injured in the warmups, not least Bazunu, but seeing how the team sheet had already been submitted when this occurred there was only 1 choice he was left with.
[Post edited 17 Apr 19:26]

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:18 - Apr 19 with 332 viewssaints__fan__73

[Post edited 19 Apr 9:19]

Bazunu out for the rest of the season on 09:19 - Apr 19 with 319 viewssaints__fan__73

Obviously not quite the athlete you were Nick... Who was it who said 10 months lol?

https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/news/article/bazunu-to-be-out-for-nine-to-ten-m

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024