Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Martin 20:33 - Apr 27 with 2489 viewsWestEndBoy

[Post edited 28 Apr 10:37]
Martin on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 2424 viewssaint22

He asked for reaction today
Well what the fook was that because it wasn’t a reaction, in fact no one seems to react at all apart from McCarthy reverting to type and letting a near post shot through his legs

Well done wussell you have managed to coach any ounce of inventiveness out of the team
Martin on 21:44 - Apr 27 with 2307 viewsrobcoe5

All you need to do is listen to Joe Tessum he hits it 100% on the head with Martins style of play
We need to shock a few teams in the play off by going more direct with Che and Armstrong playing close to each other with one winger
Play a solid defensive formation and with a longer ball and then get the second ball
Martin on 21:51 - Apr 27 with 2271 viewsRon11

Martin on 21:44 - Apr 27 by robcoe5

All you need to do is listen to Joe Tessum he hits it 100% on the head with Martins style of play
We need to shock a few teams in the play off by going more direct with Che and Armstrong playing close to each other with one winger
Play a solid defensive formation and with a longer ball and then get the second ball

Absolutely.
Logical and effective.
Totally the opposite to Martin and his stubborn arrogance.
Martin on 22:10 - Apr 27 with 2226 views1885_SFC

I've just watched Hull 3 v Ipswich 3 and what a superb game of attacking, exciting football.

A million miles away from what we are - both of them. Terrific game.

What Sports Republic saw in hiring Rylan's older brother I'll never know.

Old School is Cool

Martin on 22:15 - Apr 27 with 2221 viewsrobcoe5

100% agree that is the way to play enjoyed the game
If we had kept tall Paul for the last 30 minutes we could of had a plan B
Martin on 22:16 - Apr 27 with 2215 viewsgrumpy

Martin on 22:15 - Apr 27 by robcoe5

Absolutely
Martin on 22:32 - Apr 27 with 2181 viewsPatfromPoole

Martin on 22:10 - Apr 27 by 1885_SFC

I've just watched Hull 3 v Ipswich 3 and what a superb game of attacking, exciting football.

A million miles away from what we are - both of them. Terrific game.

What Sports Republic saw in hiring Rylan's older brother I'll never know.

Aye.

Wouldn’t want to be playing Hull in the play-offs….

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Martin on 23:26 - Apr 27 with 2049 viewshedgeend61

Martin on 22:15 - Apr 27 by robcoe5

You've obviously never seen him play live, we still have competition winners like Mara, Sulamana, Edoze etc pretending they're footballers, we don't need that timewaster do we?
Login to get fewer ads

Martin on 23:36 - Apr 27 with 2002 viewsgrumpy

Martin on 23:26 - Apr 27 by hedgeend61

You've obviously never seen him play live, we still have competition winners like Mara, Sulamana, Edoze etc pretending they're footballers, we don't need that timewaster do we?

So what’s your answer then to our problems? I don’t want to hear negatives,just your answers.
Martin on 23:49 - Apr 27 with 1968 viewsdarthvader

Martin on 22:32 - Apr 27 by PatfromPoole

Aye.

Wouldn’t want to be playing Hull in the play-offs….

Or ipswich or leeds or Narwich
Come to think of it west brom will bully us

keep the faith coyr

Martin on 09:07 - Apr 28 with 1630 viewsdirk_doone

Martin on 23:49 - Apr 27 by darthvader

Or ipswich or leeds or Narwich
Come to think of it west brom will bully us

Every team will bully us because we have such a weak midfield. In fact, physically, this is just about the least imposing team we've ever had. Important factors like this have all been overlooked because the only thing that matters is the passing stats. They are what got Martin this job, not results of football matches.

The most important thing when building a team is to have a strong spine: a tall, experienced goalkeeper in his 30s, a tall, imposing central defender, a strong tackler in central midfield, who intimidates the opposition, and a goal poacher up front, preferably one who can score with headers. These all seem to have been ignored, with preference given to small players who can make short passes to each other.
[Post edited 28 Apr 9:26]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Martin on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 1598 viewsgrumpy

Martin on 09:07 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

Every team will bully us because we have such a weak midfield. In fact, physically, this is just about the least imposing team we've ever had. Important factors like this have all been overlooked because the only thing that matters is the passing stats. They are what got Martin this job, not results of football matches.

The most important thing when building a team is to have a strong spine: a tall, experienced goalkeeper in his 30s, a tall, imposing central defender, a strong tackler in central midfield, who intimidates the opposition, and a goal poacher up front, preferably one who can score with headers. These all seem to have been ignored, with preference given to small players who can make short passes to each other.
[Post edited 28 Apr 9:26]

Dirk,can you name any Saints player who has improved under Martin rein?
Martin on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 1578 viewsdirk_doone

Martin on 09:11 - Apr 28 by grumpy

I don't think he's interested in their all round improvement; just their passing stats. I assume all they do in training is pass the ball around endlessly.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Martin on 09:17 - Apr 28 with 1575 viewsPatfromPoole

It's a valid point.

Even Mara seems to have got worse, which I'm not sure I thought was possible.

Martin on 12:50 - Apr 28 with 1327 viewsChesham_Saint

Where can I find a 'fvck of back to Swansea, Rylan' petition?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Martin on 14:43 - Apr 28 with 1208 viewsGRIM

Martin on 09:17 - Apr 28 by dirk_doone

I don't think he's interested in their all round improvement; just their passing stats. I assume all they do in training is pass the ball around endlessly.

I think you're spot on.
It looks like they are spending far too much time attempting to perfect the short pass , possession football & they are forgetting the basics.
None of the players look fit, they look jaded, tired, lazy which would suggest that they are not doing enough leg & lung work in training.
They need to be even fitter now with most games lasting 96 mins +.
Other teams are definitely bigger, fitter & more committed than we are.
Martin on 14:52 - Apr 28 with 1182 viewsPatfromPoole

Martin on 14:43 - Apr 28 by GRIM

I think you're spot on.
It looks like they are spending far too much time attempting to perfect the short pass , possession football & they are forgetting the basics.
None of the players look fit, they look jaded, tired, lazy which would suggest that they are not doing enough leg & lung work in training.
They need to be even fitter now with most games lasting 96 mins +.
Other teams are definitely bigger, fitter & more committed than we are.

Aye.

When you look at some of their training drills, there are loads of 3-yard passes between the players. Pointless.

The (lack of) fitness also concerns me greatly. It’s an area where I think West Brom and Norwich will both be stronger than us.

Martin on 15:11 - Apr 28 with 1156 views1teeminants

Adam Armstrong. 20 odd goals and overall excellent play.

Joe Aribo outstanding last few games

Ryan Fraser although he has gone off the boil lately was very good for us under Martin but then got injured.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:18]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Martin on 15:18 - Apr 28 with 1134 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Martin on 14:52 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

Aye.

When you look at some of their training drills, there are loads of 3-yard passes between the players. Pointless.

The (lack of) fitness also concerns me greatly. It’s an area where I think West Brom and Norwich will both be stronger than us.

Say we get to Wembley (I’ll pause for a minute whist you pick yourself back up off of the floor)……

OK now?

and the game goes to extra time! Bear in mind four or five of our better players will have been subbed off and the rest are not fit enough. I reckon we could be overrun. Probably won’t come to that anyway.
Martin on 17:57 - Apr 28 with 967 viewsgrumpy

Martin on 15:11 - Apr 28 by 1teeminants

Adam Armstrong. 20 odd goals and overall excellent play.

Joe Aribo outstanding last few games

Ryan Fraser although he has gone off the boil lately was very good for us under Martin but then got injured.
[Post edited 28 Apr 15:18]

Armstrong scored 29 goals for Blackburn in his final season there.
He's a good Championship striker.
Joe Aribo was a good player at Rangers but has been in and out of the team so much I doubt hes any better than he was at Rangers.
Ryan Fraser was playing well,then he gets dropped to the bench and goes off the boil.
None of those players have made any significant improvement.

Martin on 18:49 - Apr 28 with 894 views1teeminants

Martin on 17:57 - Apr 28 by grumpy

Armstrong scored 29 goals for Blackburn in his final season there.
He's a good Championship striker.
Joe Aribo was a good player at Rangers but has been in and out of the team so much I doubt hes any better than he was at Rangers.
Ryan Fraser was playing well,then he gets dropped to the bench and goes off the boil.
None of those players have made any significant improvement.

Adam Armstrong has improved from last season but some would say he’s reached his level. I agree he’s an excellent championship player

Joe Aribo didn’t get a look in under Ralph when it was obvious he had talent with his form at Rangers. Martin saw he had talent, brought him in and he’s taken his chance and proved Martin was right and he’s played him often so you need to give him credit for that.

Ryan Fraser wasn’t dropped he got injured. He was very good before his injury under Martin.I expect Ryan Fraser would be full of praise For RM for giving him a chance here.

Also KWP was voted in the team of the championship by other players but everyone knew he was a class act anyway so you can’t really put that on Martin.

Harwood Bellis and Bednarek overall have had good seasons too. I certainly wouldn’t pin the goals against farce on those two. I blame Bazunu for many of the goals .

At the beginning of the season if you asked most fans what they would expect they would have said play offs at least which is exactly what Martin has done.

I’m no great fan of Martin. I think he’s quite arrogant and I don’t like it when saints play around at the back but at the end of the day it’s a results business and we’re in the play offs.

Reading some comments on here you would think we were languishing at the bottom of the championship.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Martin on 19:18 - Apr 28 with 841 viewsPatfromPoole

Martin on 18:49 - Apr 28 by 1teeminants

Adam Armstrong has improved from last season but some would say he’s reached his level. I agree he’s an excellent championship player

Joe Aribo didn’t get a look in under Ralph when it was obvious he had talent with his form at Rangers. Martin saw he had talent, brought him in and he’s taken his chance and proved Martin was right and he’s played him often so you need to give him credit for that.

Ryan Fraser wasn’t dropped he got injured. He was very good before his injury under Martin.I expect Ryan Fraser would be full of praise For RM for giving him a chance here.

Also KWP was voted in the team of the championship by other players but everyone knew he was a class act anyway so you can’t really put that on Martin.

Harwood Bellis and Bednarek overall have had good seasons too. I certainly wouldn’t pin the goals against farce on those two. I blame Bazunu for many of the goals .

At the beginning of the season if you asked most fans what they would expect they would have said play offs at least which is exactly what Martin has done.

I’m no great fan of Martin. I think he’s quite arrogant and I don’t like it when saints play around at the back but at the end of the day it’s a results business and we’re in the play offs.

Reading some comments on here you would think we were languishing at the bottom of the championship.

It’s just a reflection of current events.

We have absolutely thrown away finishing in the top two, and since Aribo scored at Cardiff, we have let in 8 goals with none scored, and apart from some hari kari finishing at Cardiff, we have hardly looked like scoring since.

Martin on 19:22 - Apr 28 with 836 viewsUTS1885

I’m sure Martin will evaluate his position at the club if we don’t get promoted and he kind of already knows several starting players are/want to leave. Russell Martin was walking on water in the eyes of most fans during the not losing record. During our that record, I thought we were two to three players of senior quality short, esp at the back.
[Post edited 28 Apr 20:15]
Martin on 20:59 - Apr 28 with 673 viewsgrumpy

Martin on 18:49 - Apr 28 by 1teeminants

Armstrong has been magnificent this season and I would make him our player of the season,but do I think he is better than when he came from Blackburn I'm not so sure.
Armstrong was crying out for a strike partner,he couldn't keep that form up all season but we never gave him one.Martin moved him out wide and brought in Adams which doesn't suit him.It seems now that he has his Twickenham boots on because so many of his shots go so high.
Joe Aribo has been in and out the side,sat on the bench and playing.He has talent but like a lot of our players seems a bit lost at present.
Ryan Fraser did get injured but when he was fit he seemed to be in and out of the side and with it his form.
The despondency you see from fans is that if we don't get promoted we will lose our best players and with Martin in charge I can see us in the Championship for a very long time.
We've been sussed out,teams watch us passing the ball about sideways and backwards until were worn out and then strike.
[Post edited 28 Apr 21:05]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024