Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Broja 22:18 - May 7 with 4643 viewsSaintNick

Seems he is accepting he is never going to get in the team at Chelsea and is going to leave in the summer, he has barely played for Fulham during his loan spell.

His value has dropped a little over the past couple of years perhaps if we get promoted we could be in for him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Broja on 07:52 - May 8 with 2527 viewsdarthvader

Only if we quickly build an underground carpark for him though

keep the faith coyr

Broja on 08:52 - May 8 with 2471 viewsPatfromPoole

Would he get in the team ahead of Sekou though ?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Broja on 09:02 - May 8 with 2463 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 08:52 - May 8 by PatfromPoole

Would he get in the team ahead of Sekou though ?

Probably not at present

Broja on 10:23 - May 8 with 2424 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja on 09:02 - May 8 by SaintNick

Probably not at present

Based on what exactly?

Broja on 11:18 - May 8 with 2382 viewsDorsetIan

Broja on 10:23 - May 8 by PatfromPoole

Based on what exactly?

He is excellent in training. A natural winger.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Broja on 11:36 - May 8 with 2364 viewsButty101

Based on what exactly?

I imagine theres a queue of clubs in the premiership, waiting to pay £20mill for Mara. 4 goals in 50 league games is stunning. He just needs to find a couple more and he will have finally replaced Brojas goals.........

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Broja on 12:16 - May 8 with 2343 viewsfelly1

Broja on 11:36 - May 8 by Butty101

I imagine theres a queue of clubs in the premiership, waiting to pay £20mill for Mara. 4 goals in 50 league games is stunning. He just needs to find a couple more and he will have finally replaced Brojas goals.........

Top Prem Clubs will be in for him for sure.
Who can forget that pass against Leeds.
Broja on 12:27 - May 8 with 2328 viewsSaintNick

Based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that we have both Che Adams & Adam Armstrong who have scored goals, Broja has played 31 League games for Saints and scored 6 goals, not a great record, at Chelsea he has played 26 & got just 2, at Fulham he has often been an unused sub and has not started a game

Of 14 games he could have played he has managed just 7 appearances all off the bench for just 58 minutes football.

He will make a living in the game in the top flight, but I don't think he will be a big star, he is big and bustling, but can't head a ball, defenders found him out halfway through his time here and knew how to play him and isolate him from play.

I think a lot of it may be down to his attitude

Login to get fewer ads

Broja on 13:26 - May 8 with 2261 viewsTimSaint

Broja on 12:27 - May 8 by SaintNick

Based on the fact that we have both Che Adams & Adam Armstrong who have scored goals, Broja has played 31 League games for Saints and scored 6 goals, not a great record, at Chelsea he has played 26 & got just 2, at Fulham he has often been an unused sub and has not started a game

Of 14 games he could have played he has managed just 7 appearances all off the bench for just 58 minutes football.

He will make a living in the game in the top flight, but I don't think he will be a big star, he is big and bustling, but can't head a ball, defenders found him out halfway through his time here and knew how to play him and isolate him from play.

He was isolated from play because RH played him as a lone striker, with very little support - then threw him under the bus and blamed solely him for the lack of goals and results in our poor end of season run.

......forgetting that he only signed 19 year old Broja as a back up striker, to give a bit of game time to occasionally off the bench and get him up to speed in the Prem. Then there were injuries to the likes of Che, A Arm, Long and Theo, so he got a chance, performed well and started to get picked ahead of said 4. We put him on the map and boosted his alleged transfer asking price to £50m. (It is probably only a third of that now).

With Che out of contract in the summer, he has done little to suggest he is worth a new contract, so although Broja may not be our answer as a partner to RS, I wouldn't say no, as long as he has fully recovered from that awful injury.

Mara's return this season has been very poor, especially considering we have dropped down a league. His attitude and motivation has also been questionable at best and his all round contribution to the team and our style of play has been a massive failure. If we'd had a fully fit squad this season and knowing RM's obsession with wingers, I am not sure Mara would have even made the bench that many times.

TimSaint

Broja on 13:32 - May 8 with 2241 viewsButty101

First season stats. Che, Armstong and Mara combined, managed 1 more goal in the league than Broja.

First season in the Premiership
Pl Goals
Che Adams 30 4
A Armstong 23 2
Mara 22 1
Broja 32 6

Broja on 14:27 - May 8 with 2168 viewsIfonly

TimSaint is right. It's daft to blame him for being isolated. How was he doing that, hiding behind the corner flag?

He proved himself a PL level striker with us. He also showed he had it in international matches. That's why Chelsea wanted him back and were going to play him. He was just very unlucky with his injury. Now it's Catch 22 for him. He needs the game time to get back to his best, but he can't get the game time because he isn't at his best.

Still, there's a good chance of him overcoming a very bad injury and no doubt, a shock to his confidence. So I'd take him back in a nano second.
Broja on 14:29 - May 8 with 2164 viewskingslandstand1

The issue with his attitude was that he appeared to think he had "made it" while here and was doing us a favour by playing at a "lowly club" as an international player (albeit Albania!) and he would walk straight back in to the Chelsea team on completion of his load period

He could also be selfish, although not a bad this sometimes a striker, but there were times when a pass was a better move than a shot

Would I take him back now? Depends on his attitude and whether he has learnt a lot mostly being on the bench and that he maybe needs to prove himself to the two West London clubs that they should have played him more, and we on here would not know that unless we are there at the interview!

Or will he be just another journeyman earning a decent crust being that
Broja on 14:50 - May 8 with 2130 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 13:26 - May 8 by TimSaint

He was isolated from play because RH played him as a lone striker, with very little support - then threw him under the bus and blamed solely him for the lack of goals and results in our poor end of season run.

......forgetting that he only signed 19 year old Broja as a back up striker, to give a bit of game time to occasionally off the bench and get him up to speed in the Prem. Then there were injuries to the likes of Che, A Arm, Long and Theo, so he got a chance, performed well and started to get picked ahead of said 4. We put him on the map and boosted his alleged transfer asking price to £50m. (It is probably only a third of that now).

With Che out of contract in the summer, he has done little to suggest he is worth a new contract, so although Broja may not be our answer as a partner to RS, I wouldn't say no, as long as he has fully recovered from that awful injury.

Mara's return this season has been very poor, especially considering we have dropped down a league. His attitude and motivation has also been questionable at best and his all round contribution to the team and our style of play has been a massive failure. If we'd had a fully fit squad this season and knowing RM's obsession with wingers, I am not sure Mara would have even made the bench that many times.

Im sorry but I dont think RH threw Broja under the bus, in the second half of the season he always had a striker up there with him, usually Che Adams.

Im surprised that you say Che Adams has done little, he has hit 15 League goals only 8 players in the Championship have hit more and 3 of them have hit only 1 more.

Yes there are times when he should have scored and didn't but overall I think he has done a decent job.

Broja on 18:55 - May 8 with 1989 viewsgrumpy

Paul Onuachu on loan to Trabzonspor has scored 12 in 19 games.
Not sure how he would fare in the Premiership but if we are still in the Championship would be worth giving him a chance.
Broja on 20:45 - May 8 with 1886 viewskingolaf

Wouldn’t want Broja.
Broja on 23:08 - May 8 with 1789 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Broja on 20:45 - May 8 by kingolaf

Wouldn’t want Broja.

Same, overrated.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Broja on 01:03 - May 9 with 1741 viewsSFC_Referee

Well I sure hope we don’t, as he’s gotta be by far one of the most overrated players we’ve had in years!

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Broja on 08:06 - May 9 with 1608 viewskingslandstand1

Broja on 18:55 - May 8 by grumpy

Paul Onuachu on loan to Trabzonspor has scored 12 in 19 games.
Not sure how he would fare in the Premiership but if we are still in the Championship would be worth giving him a chance.

I'm sure they play to his strengths then, unlike RM
Broja on 09:17 - May 9 with 1570 viewsButty101

Broja on 01:03 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

Well I sure hope we don’t, as he’s gotta be by far one of the most overrated players we’ve had in years!

Really!! You think a 19 year old loan player that we had for 1 season, is one of the most over rated players we have had in years. He actually contributed to the team and with out his goals that season we would have been relegated.

That season alone , i would have said Redmond, Salisu, Elyounoussi, Thierry Small Adam Armstrong, Adams to name a few were more overrated
[Post edited 9 May 9:19]

Broja on 11:29 - May 9 with 1505 viewsstmichael

I think its more Chelsea's predicament with FFP..
They have to sell a couple of home grown talents to help make ends meet..
Broja and Gallagher the likely casualties..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

Broja on 11:32 - May 9 with 1503 viewsSaintNick

Broja on 09:17 - May 9 by Butty101

Really!! You think a 19 year old loan player that we had for 1 season, is one of the most over rated players we have had in years. He actually contributed to the team and with out his goals that season we would have been relegated.

That season alone , i would have said Redmond, Salisu, Elyounoussi, Thierry Small Adam Armstrong, Adams to name a few were more overrated

That season Che Adams got 1 more goal than Broja, yet never got any plaudits, we struggled to create chances and score that season.

Im surprised that anyone could overate Thierry Small given that he made just one first team appearance that season, the first half against Coventry in the FA Cup

Broja on 11:55 - May 9 with 1473 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 09:17 - May 9 by Butty101

And out of all those players you named how many were really that rated by our fanbases? As with maybe the exception to Salisu, none of the players you’ve named there were that highlight rated by our fanbase, so can’t be overrated if they weren’t rated in the first place…
And when we look at quality, well like Nick said, Che get more goals than Broja, yet he got very little praise for that, and for how they performed for the positions they played, I’d also argue that Salisu was better than him that season.

As outta the players you’ve listed there, none are overrated whatsoever as minimal rated them in the first place, which is exactly where Broja should also be

Broja on 14:36 - May 9 with 1381 viewsPatfromPoole

Broja on 11:55 - May 9 by SFC_Referee

And out of all those players you named how many were really that rated by our fanbases? As with maybe the exception to Salisu, none of the players you’ve named there were that highlight rated by our fanbase, so can’t be overrated if they weren’t rated in the first place…
And when we look at quality, well like Nick said, Che get more goals than Broja, yet he got very little praise for that, and for how they performed for the positions they played, I’d also argue that Salisu was better than him that season.

As outta the players you’ve listed there, none are overrated whatsoever as minimal rated them in the first place, which is exactly where Broja should also be

Which will be why Chelsea put a £35 million price tag on him for any permanent sale at the end of the season he was with us, yes?

I would suggest a more perceptive stance would be to take knowledge from Chelsea's management rather than drivel on a message board.

Broja on 14:50 - May 9 with 1358 viewsButty101

Broja on 11:32 - May 9 by SaintNick

That season Che Adams got 1 more goal than Broja, yet never got any plaudits, we struggled to create chances and score that season.

Im surprised that anyone could overate Thierry Small given that he made just one first team appearance that season, the first half against Coventry in the FA Cup

Che Adams had came in for a big fee (for saints) and was in his 3rd season with us in the premiership - so hardly a novice. Ings had left and Adams was meant to be the main man. So getting 7 was a poor effort. Adam Armstrong had come in as well for a decent fee and only got 2. So Broja as a 19 yearold scoring 6 was a very decent effort. Thats why he got the plaudits.

there is no comparison between Seko and Broja.

I mentioned Small, as he came in on a big fee and was meant to be as good as Tino. Turns out he was massively overrated and a bit rubbish

Broja on 14:56 - May 9 with 1356 viewsSFC_Referee

Broja on 14:36 - May 9 by PatfromPoole

Which will be why Chelsea put a £35 million price tag on him for any permanent sale at the end of the season he was with us, yes?

I would suggest a more perceptive stance would be to take knowledge from Chelsea's management rather than drivel on a message board.

And exactly how many took him from Chelsea for that price? As there’s a reason why there wasn’t any major transfer battles for him, which makes senses if that really was the price that he was put out as. And is exactly why he’s had minimal goals, playing time or interest ever since, as he’s just not as good as many make out, which the basic stats prove.

So I would suggest looking at the stance other teams have taken around Broja, before blindly looking at just one teams, who have been quite famed recently for being appalling in their recent transfer business. As it’s no coincidence that nobody has paid or put forward any significant fees for him, as he’s not been that good anywhere he’s been.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024