Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Russel did it 18:31 - May 26 with 1950 viewsSouthamptonfan

The experienced Farke outfoxed by Martin. And we are back in the Premier League.

Mission Accomplished 🎉

Poll: Who are you voting for?

So Russel did it on 19:02 - May 26 with 1847 viewsJellybaby

Russell Martin has exceeded expectations this season and he ultimately did it without the guiding hand of Jason Wilcox. He deserves credit.

Great day to be a Saints fan.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

So Russel did it on 19:58 - May 26 with 1726 viewsBerber

A great day indeed. Now the hard graft begins, but in the meantime, a chance for the fans to relax and enjoy the summer.
So Russel did it on 20:04 - May 26 with 1712 viewsRon11

So Russel did it on 19:02 - May 26 by Jellybaby

Russell Martin has exceeded expectations this season and he ultimately did it without the guiding hand of Jason Wilcox. He deserves credit.

I think things actually got better when Wilcox left. Maybe he poked his nose in too much.
So Russel did it on 20:10 - May 26 with 1691 viewskernow

After witnessing the debacle at home v Millwall, I didn’t believe Saints would win promotion.
It’s blissful to be wrong.
Well done Saints ! 🍷😃
So Russel did it on 21:05 - May 26 with 1509 viewsgrumpy

Must admit I didn't think they could do it.
So Russel did it on 23:55 - May 26 with 1252 viewssaint22

So Russel did it on 20:04 - May 26 by Ron11

I think things actually got better when Wilcox left. Maybe he poked his nose in too much.

If that is true let’s hope the same happens at Manure
So Russel did it on 08:17 - May 27 with 1109 viewsCity_boy

I am going to savour the moment today and the day at Wembley yesterday, is up there with one of the best.

However, I have not changed my opinion on the possession based football, Martin is obsessed with and himself admitting he will not change.

We will have to adapt as It will not work in the Premiership. Even the teams at foot of Championship worked us out.

Jo Tessem said after the game, much will depend on the players we sign and I couldn't agree more. I only hope we can convince Downes to stay. I think there is a good chance. He will not want to go back to West Ham as a bench warm again.

Whilst we have a relatively large squad, many of these are not ready or have the ability to perform at the top level.
[Post edited 27 May 8:19]
So Russel did it on 09:35 - May 27 with 984 viewsGRIM

So Russel did it on 19:02 - May 26 by Jellybaby

And achieved without the services of Ross Stewart.
What a waste of 10m.
But winning yesterday will cover that loss.
Brilliant to be back in Premiership but there won't be much spare change from the 150m after we have replenished our squad with some quality players.
But I must say I've enjoyed our time in Championship.
Login to get fewer ads

So Russel did it on 09:39 - May 27 with 974 viewsChesham_Saint

So Russel did it on 08:17 - May 27 by City_boy

I am going to savour the moment today and the day at Wembley yesterday, is up there with one of the best.

However, I have not changed my opinion on the possession based football, Martin is obsessed with and himself admitting he will not change.

We will have to adapt as It will not work in the Premiership. Even the teams at foot of Championship worked us out.

Jo Tessem said after the game, much will depend on the players we sign and I couldn't agree more. I only hope we can convince Downes to stay. I think there is a good chance. He will not want to go back to West Ham as a bench warm again.

Whilst we have a relatively large squad, many of these are not ready or have the ability to perform at the top level.

It would be great if Downes stayed. Unfortunately he is a West Ham fan in “real life”. He went to the same school in Brentwood as Frank Lampard and has mutual friends with my son who also went there .

West Ham fans generally like him too and want him back, so keeping him would be a major coup for us.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

So Russel did it on 11:02 - May 27 with 895 viewsIfonly

I agree. Fantastic result yesterday and well done RM, but I've said all season the real test for RM will be after he gets us promoted. It's one thing to manage one of the very best squads in the division, it's another to take a squad of below average players and make them more than the sum of their parts in the PL. That's what good managers do and that's what he has to do next year.

The harsh truth we will have to face up to is that the majority of the squad isn't good enough for the Prem and some of our best players are loanees who will go. It will be a very hard job to change that in 1 summer and let's face it, previous transfer windows haven't exactly been a success.

I'm still on a high from yesterday, but recognise that pretty soon reality will bite.
So Russel did it on 13:39 - May 27 with 800 viewsSouthamptonfan

Playing 5 at the back has made us into a tight and efficient unit. This "style of player" enabled us to beat Leeds 3 times. We destroyed a good West Brom team at St Mary's.

Managers need time. It's been the most exciting season I can remember. Just remember what we had before RM arrived: relegation, 3 managers in a year, players all wanting to leave, record defeats, a club in chaos. Credit where it's due. RM has got us promotion, and let's see what next season brings. We have a plan, a way of playing.

Full credit to Russel Martin, I am pleased for him and fully behind him. He's done the job he was asked to do and in style. 76 since the last time we won at Wembley in a final. Thank you Russel and the team for a wonderful day yesterday. It's been a long time coming.
[Post edited 27 May 13:42]

So Russel did it on 13:47 - May 27 with 787 viewsTripleNiemi

So Russel did it on 13:39 - May 27 by Southamptonfan

Playing 5 at the back has made us into a tight and efficient unit. This "style of player" enabled us to beat Leeds 3 times. We destroyed a good West Brom team at St Mary's.

Managers need time. It's been the most exciting season I can remember. Just remember what we had before RM arrived: relegation, 3 managers in a year, players all wanting to leave, record defeats, a club in chaos. Credit where it's due. RM has got us promotion, and let's see what next season brings. We have a plan, a way of playing.

Full credit to Russel Martin, I am pleased for him and fully behind him. He's done the job he was asked to do and in style. 76 since the last time we won at Wembley in a final. Thank you Russel and the team for a wonderful day yesterday. It's been a long time coming.

Didn’t we win at Wembley in 2010?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

So Russel did it on 13:52 - May 27 with 781 viewsSouthamptonfan

So Russel did it on 13:47 - May 27 by TripleNiemi

Didn’t we win at Wembley in 2010?

Yes we did, great day that, but that wasn't a major victory like yesterday and 76.

So Russel did it on 13:54 - May 27 with 775 viewsTripleNiemi

So Russel did it on 13:52 - May 27 by Southamptonfan

Yes we did, great day that, but that wasn't a major victory like yesterday and 76.

Oh….

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

So Russel did it on 14:42 - May 27 with 696 viewsIfonly

So Russel did it on 13:39 - May 27 by Southamptonfan

That "good" West Brom team are probably a worse side than Luton, Burnley and Sheff U. We will need to beat a lot better than them if we are to survive in the Prem.

I don't think we'll do well in the Prem under RM because I don't think we'll have the superior players that his style requires. But, he's earned the right to give it a go and I hope he succeeds. To be fair to him, he's shown some ability to adapt and change, but I think he'll need to change a lot more to find a style that will work with our limited resources.
So Russel did it on 14:51 - May 27 with 677 viewsSaintEPW

So Russel did it on 13:54 - May 27 by TripleNiemi

Oh….

Yesterday's win was certainly worth a lot more in revenue terms
So Russel did it on 15:18 - May 27 with 638 viewsBerber

The new W ham manager jumped out of Wolves because they could not provide funds for acquisitions. He may not be happy with the midfield he inherits, but the truth is, Flynn Downes is un likely to be the answer to any of his questions.

yes, it depends on who we buy.
So Russel did it on 09:18 - May 28 with 480 viewsCity_boy

So Russel did it on 09:39 - May 27 by Chesham_Saint

It would be great if Downes stayed. Unfortunately he is a West Ham fan in “real life”. He went to the same school in Brentwood as Frank Lampard and has mutual friends with my son who also went there .

West Ham fans generally like him too and want him back, so keeping him would be a major coup for us.

Wasn't Ings a life-long Saints fan ? It didn't stop him jumping ship. Footballers are very fickle when it comes to loyalty. It's like a tap, they turn it on when it suits.
So Russel did it on 09:22 - May 28 with 466 viewskernow

So Russel did it on 15:18 - May 27 by Berber

The new W ham manager jumped out of Wolves because they could not provide funds for acquisitions. He may not be happy with the midfield he inherits, but the truth is, Flynn Downes is un likely to be the answer to any of his questions.

yes, it depends on who we buy.

Their new manager wants money to spend so Saints should get a deal done.
So Russel did it on 13:45 - May 28 with 425 viewsSFC_Referee

So Russel did it on 14:42 - May 27 by Ifonly

That "good" West Brom team are probably a worse side than Luton, Burnley and Sheff U. We will need to beat a lot better than them if we are to survive in the Prem.

I don't think we'll do well in the Prem under RM because I don't think we'll have the superior players that his style requires. But, he's earned the right to give it a go and I hope he succeeds. To be fair to him, he's shown some ability to adapt and change, but I think he'll need to change a lot more to find a style that will work with our limited resources.

West Brom are certainly better than Sheffield United and maybe even Luton/Burnley, as I think it’ll be them, Leeds and one of Luton/Burnley that go back up next season.
But still for us next season will be a challenge

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024