Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. 07:21 - May 27 with 1737 viewssaintmark1976

I can’t help but imagine that it was probably “ bugger” in the fashion of Captain Darling writing in his diary on the way to the front for the big push in the last episode of Blackadder.

Seriously had he stayed, this morning he could have still been captain of S F C and have cemented his reputation in the history of the club in the fashion of Matt.

Instead, this mornings he is undoubtedly richer monetarily, still no nearer an England place and I will venture to suggest perhaps a little sad.
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 08:42 - May 27 with 1550 viewsJellybaby

Yes, I had a little thought for JWP, as it turned out, definitely the wrong move - to see the unbridled joy in Jack Stephens lifting the trophy, that could/should have been his moment.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 08:51 - May 27 with 1533 viewsHeisenberg

Good luck to JWP but that is in the past now. I wouldn’t have him back either.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:13 - May 27 with 1480 viewsNumber_58

At 1700 yesterday he was probably thinking the same as us: "when's the ref going to blow his f*cking whistle?"
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:32 - May 27 with 1418 viewsChesham_Saint

Wouldn’t have been at all surprised if he was actually there and I bet yes, he may have some regrets, but was delighted with the result . Lallana and others were there supporting Saints, after all.

Also we Could have done with him for the free kick and corners…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:42 - May 27 with 1387 viewsCity_boy

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 08:51 - May 27 by Heisenberg

Good luck to JWP but that is in the past now. I wouldn’t have him back either.

Agree, we have moved on. I always wished JWP the best, but I believe Downes is a better player and added more over the season. Let's hope West Ham let him leave to join us.
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 10:20 - May 27 with 1275 viewskingslandstand1

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:42 - May 27 by City_boy

Agree, we have moved on. I always wished JWP the best, but I believe Downes is a better player and added more over the season. Let's hope West Ham let him leave to join us.

Downes price will almost certainly increase now, as they will realise what they have missed
Downes or JWP? I'd go for Downes though we could do with JWP's dead balls, although strange he hasn't scored one with the Hammers to break that record this season
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 14:59 - May 27 with 1048 viewsChesham_Saint

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 10:20 - May 27 by kingslandstand1

Downes price will almost certainly increase now, as they will realise what they have missed
Downes or JWP? I'd go for Downes though we could do with JWP's dead balls, although strange he hasn't scored one with the Hammers to break that record this season

He did get one direct from a cornet MLT style...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 15:26 - May 27 with 991 viewsgrumpy

I would be more than happy to keep Downes and get JWP back.
Not interested in Lallana,too much like the Wallott deal.
Login to get fewer ads

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 15:54 - May 27 with 941 viewsLondonSaint76

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 10:20 - May 27 by kingslandstand1

Mid-season, I was stuck in traffic on the M25 and flicked through a few radio stations and landed on an interview with JWP. The subject of free kicks / the Beckham record ect got discussed. Turns out he’s had to scale back the amount of time he spends on dead ball practise because it was causing a groin (think that’s right) injury so he’d had to scale things back considerably - he also said that the training was structured differently so the opportunities some weeks didn’t present themselves anyway. Add to that they keep updating the match balls season on season which can slightly affect the flight characteristics of the ball when hit so he’d need extra time practising to get the deadly accuracy back.
That’s the case for the defence milord 😇⚽️

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 16:14 - May 27 with 911 viewsNYC_Saint

We had to raise funds after being relegated and he was one of our salable assets. Sullemana, ABK, Onachu etc etc could only muster loan interest (or no interest for Sulemana) and we needed to lower weekly pay roll and raise funds having spent a lot last year in. I doubt JWP really wanted to leave but it was the right thing for the club at the time. We might get him back on loan with option to buy if the new West Ham manager doesn't see him fitting in... "I would" imagine that will irk at least one regular on here!
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 16:44 - May 27 with 847 viewsI_would

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 16:14 - May 27 by NYC_Saint

We had to raise funds after being relegated and he was one of our salable assets. Sullemana, ABK, Onachu etc etc could only muster loan interest (or no interest for Sulemana) and we needed to lower weekly pay roll and raise funds having spent a lot last year in. I doubt JWP really wanted to leave but it was the right thing for the club at the time. We might get him back on loan with option to buy if the new West Ham manager doesn't see him fitting in... "I would" imagine that will irk at least one regular on here!

Please No!!!
I was looking forward to the season until you mentioned JWP as a possible transfer. Probably right about the groin strain twisting himself into some unholy positions attempting a DFK, certainly wouldn't pull a muscle sprinting.

Poll: How many players should RH play at the back on Saturday?

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:18 - May 28 with 520 viewssaint901

Do we know that JWP wanted a transfer or was it the club who needed the money and asked him to move?

He certainly had a very good first half of the season at WHU - the second half perhaps not so consistent.

He would have fitted in well with the RM "way" but equally we played him in a deeper role which meant we were not getting the best out of him. WHU played him further forward which suited him and the team. Would RM have done that and would he do that if he came back to us? Who knows?

Ultimately however he is a professional player selling his skills for the best price. He may have a lingering loyalty to Saints but there is no place for that in the ruthless world of professional sport. I venture he was pleased for us but would not bother himself too much beyond that.
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:34 - May 28 with 500 viewsSaintNick

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 09:18 - May 28 by saint901

Do we know that JWP wanted a transfer or was it the club who needed the money and asked him to move?

He certainly had a very good first half of the season at WHU - the second half perhaps not so consistent.

He would have fitted in well with the RM "way" but equally we played him in a deeper role which meant we were not getting the best out of him. WHU played him further forward which suited him and the team. Would RM have done that and would he do that if he came back to us? Who knows?

Ultimately however he is a professional player selling his skills for the best price. He may have a lingering loyalty to Saints but there is no place for that in the ruthless world of professional sport. I venture he was pleased for us but would not bother himself too much beyond that.

Call me a cynic, but it is the players that hold all the cards these days, I have no criticism of JWP, he was happy to turn out in the first game of the season and he put in a shift, but the reality is that if he had wanted to stay then he would have done so.

I don't blame him, he has given us good service in what was 11 season in the Premier League and at 28 deserved a big money move and the chance to challenge for a trophy.

I would have him back in an instant

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 11:55 - May 28 with 431 viewsSaintEPW

Would be suprised if West Ham wanted him out - we should 120% get him back if they did. He may not have had the set piece goals but look at his other stats: ( BBC Sport)

Assists 11- More than any other WH Player
Chances Created 83 - More than twice as many as any other WH Player
Passes - 2000 + - More than any other WH player
Pass accuracy - 90% - More than any other WH player

and 7 Goals as well

Not too shabby
I wonder what J W P honestly thought at 17.00 yesterday. on 12:02 - May 28 with 421 viewsPatfromPoole

He's a leader, and you can never have too many of those.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024