Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dennis Cirkin 17:04 - Aug 12 with 27536 viewsCorbyQPR

Signings seemly coming out of nowhere. Left Back?
0
Dennis Cirkin on 22:32 - Aug 12 with 4609 viewssilky

Great signing by the looks of it.

I don't think we can get to upset about anyone being 2nd fiddle as the look of the squad is injury prone at the best of times. So the logic of (2 high quality players in every position) seems about right we just about field an 11 at any one time.

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

2
Dennis Cirkin on 22:34 - Aug 12 with 4590 viewsjoe90

Dennis Cirkin on 21:13 - Aug 12 by bosh67



He's more of a wingback or left sided midfielder. As he says in the interview, he's a powerhouse player. Only 24 and experienced at this level. His hair will give Ronnie a challenge too.


As player interviews go I thought this was pretty decent. He seemed fairly switched on an articulate. Also really like that they filmed at the Trellick Tower, a stones throw from our birthplace. I think it’s really important to keep our links to the area, it’s what I strongly associate with the club.
2
Dennis Cirkin on 22:39 - Aug 12 with 4499 viewsRsole

Sounds like a mass murderer - features in the next series of Gavin & Stacey.

Those possessed by devils, try and keep them under control a bit, can't you ?

1
Dennis Cirkin on 22:47 - Aug 12 with 4434 viewsozexile

Dennis Cirkin on 22:08 - Aug 12 by Hunterhoop

On the face of it, an exciting signing, and a very good free signinh. I am surprised, mind. I would think Boy Kemper is too. I can’t believe he signed to be back up. And we still have Larkeche and Esquerdinha on the books, so someone needs loaning/selling/releasing asap.

Good to have the strength in depth, and it sounds like Cirkin has some flexibility about where he can play, which is helpful. And he’s 6ft! We needed some height, so helpful.


I'm very surprised by this too. So we now have Curkin, Kemper, larakeche, esq and Brew who's on loan at league one but supposedly will be pushing for a first team spot. Need to move players on. We have too many players drawing a wage and surplus to requirements.
0
Dennis Cirkin on 22:49 - Aug 12 with 4415 viewsCiderwithRsie

Dennis Cirkin on 22:34 - Aug 12 by joe90

As player interviews go I thought this was pretty decent. He seemed fairly switched on an articulate. Also really like that they filmed at the Trellick Tower, a stones throw from our birthplace. I think it’s really important to keep our links to the area, it’s what I strongly associate with the club.


Pretty slick video, and while that means very little to me it probably matters when it comes to building the fanbase.

I see from wikipedia that he's potentially a Latvian international. The last Latvian we had did alright for us, I hope we treat this guy a bit better.
6
Dennis Cirkin on 23:13 - Aug 12 with 4249 viewsbaz_qpr

I think what we have here is two top class full backs who have a chequered injury record that we've taken a punt on as frees and two more solid (well as solid as Mbengue can be) who have a good history of availability. If the punt comes off it's going to take us up a level and give us saleable assets . That is a big "if" of course but I think most clubs would have taken the gamble.
7
Dennis Cirkin on 23:24 - Aug 12 with 4172 viewsStainrod

Bit of a coup this signing. Think a lot of Championship clubs would have wanted him. Fans of his former club seem to rave about him which is always a great sign. His main appeal to me is that he is clearly a very attacking full back. Kember looks very solid in the RND mould but one of our weaknesses last season was an almost complete lack of goals/ assists from left back especially. Do agree tho that we need to get a few players off the books.

There seems a step change in expectations within the club, echoed in Dennis’s interview.
1
Dennis Cirkin on 23:25 - Aug 12 with 4160 viewsSK_hoops

Dennis Cirkin on 21:13 - Aug 12 by TK1

He played against QPR home and away in 24/25.


Yes, because I remember every player that played against us.
-1
Login to get fewer ads

Dennis Cirkin on 03:47 - Aug 13 with 3748 viewsnix

Dennis Cirkin on 22:15 - Aug 12 by Wilkinswatercarrier

JS has talked a lot about different formations and starters for different oppositions. These signings are going to give us those options. Kemper did well against Azeez on Saturday, but against a weak RW then Cirkin would play.

I miss Hamaleinan and Todd Kane. 🤣


It also allows us to hopefully not flog Kemper to death. I couldn’t really believe how one of the few players we kept on the pitch last season was the extremely injury prone RND. It was like watching a car crash having Esquerdinha replacing him in a few matches.

And it wasn’t really fair on Morgan to bung him at RB, especially against teams like Coventry. Hopefully we’ll get another midfielder and then put him immediately out on loan as I think he needs to play matches. So having two FBs on each side should with any luck give Stephan far more scope to put a full team of players who are specialised in their position, at least for the majority of matches.
8
Dennis Cirkin on 07:53 - Aug 13 with 3244 viewsOakR

Dennis Cirkin on 17:51 - Aug 12 by BlackCrowe

Yes lavishing praise from about page 4 onwards.....

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/


Thanks for this - they really love him. Reading that makes this feel like a great signing, on a free, if he can stay fit. Potential for two amazing full backs this season, at times anyway,

These last few transfer windows I am liking a lot.

Poll: Will we stay up?

2
Dennis Cirkin on 08:03 - Aug 13 with 3197 viewsStainrod

Dennis Cirkin on 07:53 - Aug 13 by OakR

Thanks for this - they really love him. Reading that makes this feel like a great signing, on a free, if he can stay fit. Potential for two amazing full backs this season, at times anyway,

These last few transfer windows I am liking a lot.


A subtly promising window, this. If you were a rival fan scrolling through the equivalents of Clive's excellent club season previews then unless you were super-geeky you would probably look at the names and fees of our signings and sigh "they haven't spend much, and given where they finished last season, QPR look like treading water at best."

But looking at this window in conjunction with recent windows when we did spend on perhaps sexier positions, these signings are highly complimentary. We are addressing the weak areas of the team - not just playing Money Ball - and we SHOULD have a lot of competition for places next season. Ronnie, Jimmy and Madders are pretty well shoe-ins but everyone else is going to have to compete to get in the team.
3
Dennis Cirkin on 08:03 - Aug 13 with 3191 viewsTonto

Dennis Cirkin on 20:39 - Aug 12 by EuroRanger

I'm judging how strained relations between Clive and the club leadership are by how often they release transfers in way to maximise the damage to Clive's social life


I think hes still typing...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How do we feel.about Marti post Plymouth?

0
Dennis Cirkin on 08:10 - Aug 13 with 3127 viewsMyke

Dennis Cirkin on 03:47 - Aug 13 by nix

It also allows us to hopefully not flog Kemper to death. I couldn’t really believe how one of the few players we kept on the pitch last season was the extremely injury prone RND. It was like watching a car crash having Esquerdinha replacing him in a few matches.

And it wasn’t really fair on Morgan to bung him at RB, especially against teams like Coventry. Hopefully we’ll get another midfielder and then put him immediately out on loan as I think he needs to play matches. So having two FBs on each side should with any luck give Stephan far more scope to put a full team of players who are specialised in their position, at least for the majority of matches.


It also gives us extra balance on the left. With Field and RND gone we were light on left- footed players - this has now being addressed
2
Dennis Cirkin on 08:14 - Aug 13 with 3108 viewsBklynRanger

An exciting signing really - I notice he mentioned something about who else we're planning on bringing in.

Not to be negative but I hope we're not going back through one of our go for it / blow any headroom for the next 3 years cycles.
4
Dennis Cirkin on 08:25 - Aug 13 with 3038 viewsHammersmithR

Well if he’s any good as our last left back called Dennis then I’ll be delighted. Mark
Dennis took no prisoners when he played for us. He bombed up and down from left back and loved a tackle or two! Good luck our new Dennis!
2
Dennis Cirkin on 08:44 - Aug 13 with 2908 viewsTwoHalves

This won’t have crossed anyone’s mind yet, so can I be the first to come up with a nickname? Step forward … Dennis the Menace!
0
Dennis Cirkin on 09:07 - Aug 13 with 2761 viewsdmm

Dennis Cirkin on 08:44 - Aug 13 by TwoHalves

This won’t have crossed anyone’s mind yet, so can I be the first to come up with a nickname? Step forward … Dennis the Menace!


Funnily enough...
7
Dennis Cirkin on 09:42 - Aug 13 with 2579 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Dennis Cirkin on 08:14 - Aug 13 by BklynRanger

An exciting signing really - I notice he mentioned something about who else we're planning on bringing in.

Not to be negative but I hope we're not going back through one of our go for it / blow any headroom for the next 3 years cycles.


Noticed that as well. I can't imagine we'll be blowing Middlesboro levels of money, but once bitten and all that.

There ate bound to be a few leaving.

Poll: How is Nourry cooking so far ? 🤣

0
Dennis Cirkin on 10:52 - Aug 13 with 2299 viewsQPunkR

Dennis Cirkin on 08:03 - Aug 13 by Stainrod

A subtly promising window, this. If you were a rival fan scrolling through the equivalents of Clive's excellent club season previews then unless you were super-geeky you would probably look at the names and fees of our signings and sigh "they haven't spend much, and given where they finished last season, QPR look like treading water at best."

But looking at this window in conjunction with recent windows when we did spend on perhaps sexier positions, these signings are highly complimentary. We are addressing the weak areas of the team - not just playing Money Ball - and we SHOULD have a lot of competition for places next season. Ronnie, Jimmy and Madders are pretty well shoe-ins but everyone else is going to have to compete to get in the team.


Step forward the Guardian, who have assigned a grand total of 25 words to us and placed us in the 'strugglers' category

Shit but local

0
Dennis Cirkin on 11:41 - Aug 13 with 2114 viewsSydneyRs

Dennis Cirkin on 17:51 - Aug 12 by BlackCrowe

Yes lavishing praise from about page 4 onwards.....

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/


Yes some good comments, obviously popular up there.

Fair sprinkling of "thought he'd do better than them" type arrogance too from a fanbase that has been in the prem 5 minutes and don't exactly have a glorious history to warrant it.
0
Dennis Cirkin on 11:43 - Aug 13 with 2101 viewsMick_S

Dennis Cirkin on 11:41 - Aug 13 by SydneyRs

Yes some good comments, obviously popular up there.

Fair sprinkling of "thought he'd do better than them" type arrogance too from a fanbase that has been in the prem 5 minutes and don't exactly have a glorious history to warrant it.


True enough regarding the arrogance from a few; but it’s an indication of how highly they rate him.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
Dennis Cirkin on 12:27 - Aug 13 with 1946 viewsDavieQPR

Dennis Cirkin on 10:52 - Aug 13 by QPunkR

Step forward the Guardian, who have assigned a grand total of 25 words to us and placed us in the 'strugglers' category


That's because they don't like our Right Wingers.
4
Dennis Cirkin on 12:31 - Aug 13 with 1903 viewsWokingR

All this talk about them being good cover for each other in case of injury isn't really the Qpr way though is it.
We all know that within seconds of one getting injured, the other will break too. Same as last year when all of our centre backs or all of our strikers get injured together.
Nice idea in theory though
0
Dennis Cirkin on 12:47 - Aug 13 with 1794 views7374Ranger

Dennis Cirkin on 22:47 - Aug 12 by ozexile

I'm very surprised by this too. So we now have Curkin, Kemper, larakeche, esq and Brew who's on loan at league one but supposedly will be pushing for a first team spot. Need to move players on. We have too many players drawing a wage and surplus to requirements.


I think it is a good signing because he has played a few seasons at this level and will. Provide competition with Kemper for the left back role.

I expect both Larkeche and Esquerdinha to be sold this month. Hopefully around £1m incoming. Not a lot, but still something to add to the accounts.
0
Dennis Cirkin on 14:52 - Aug 13 with 1460 viewsgigiisourgod

Outstanding signing. Squad looking excellent and very balanced.

Optimism is high!
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026