Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 12:42 - Oct 6 with 6627 viewsPoirot

The club are saying behaviour was as worse as it gets against everton with surges and missiles being thrown. Season ticket hoklders will be relocated.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:31 - Oct 6 with 4162 viewsfranniesTache

To be fair the fans in there were warned, they carried on doing their fancy dress green street sh*t and it got closed.

Annoying for people I agree but it's their own fault. If they want to get involved do it outside the ground, otherwise stop doing the pantomime bollocks and grow up.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:37 - Oct 6 with 4146 viewssolent_toffee

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:31 - Oct 6 by franniesTache

To be fair the fans in there were warned, they carried on doing their fancy dress green street sh*t and it got closed.

Annoying for people I agree but it's their own fault. If they want to get involved do it outside the ground, otherwise stop doing the pantomime bollocks and grow up.

I was about eight rows up, in the with the penalty box and I didn’t think they were bad at all. They were getting behind the team for most of the game and when Everton scored both there were a few verbals but I didn’t see anything getting thrown.

Prior to kick off I looked over there and noticed a number of, as you say ‘green streeters’ coming up the top of steps and immediately shouting absolute pelters at no one in particular in the away end, looking like tw4ts But other then that, they weren’t bad.

Didn’t hear any sign on, does the social know you’re here and feed the scousers etc etc too.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:41 - Oct 6 with 4108 viewskingslandstand1

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:37 - Oct 6 by solent_toffee

I was about eight rows up, in the with the penalty box and I didn’t think they were bad at all. They were getting behind the team for most of the game and when Everton scored both there were a few verbals but I didn’t see anything getting thrown.

Prior to kick off I looked over there and noticed a number of, as you say ‘green streeters’ coming up the top of steps and immediately shouting absolute pelters at no one in particular in the away end, looking like tw4ts But other then that, they weren’t bad.

Didn’t hear any sign on, does the social know you’re here and feed the scousers etc etc too.

I heard of a bottle of "liquid" being thrown from Everton with nothing happening, then a guy in the Itchen threw it back and was immediately removed ..............
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:50 - Oct 6 with 4090 viewsfranniesTache

Thing is it's not hard to grasp is it? Club sent a message saying if you surge at away fans or chuck sh*t we'll close the block.

They surge at away fans and chuck shit.

Club shut the block.

They complain "it's not fair".

F*cking idiots the lot of them. I've no problem if they're game and up for it, that's their choice, but if they are do it away from the ground.

Most of that lot are just playing pantomime safe in the knowledge the police will never let anything happen.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 14:25 - Oct 6 with 4027 viewsdwayne_dibley

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:50 - Oct 6 by franniesTache

Thing is it's not hard to grasp is it? Club sent a message saying if you surge at away fans or chuck sh*t we'll close the block.

They surge at away fans and chuck shit.

Club shut the block.

They complain "it's not fair".

F*cking idiots the lot of them. I've no problem if they're game and up for it, that's their choice, but if they are do it away from the ground.

Most of that lot are just playing pantomime safe in the knowledge the police will never let anything happen.

But if the team play shite they just get paid

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 14:28 - Oct 6 with 4016 viewsfranniesTache

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 14:25 - Oct 6 by dwayne_dibley

But if the team play shite they just get paid

To be fair the club could fix the issues and improve the itchen north in one going by making blocks 1/2 for people over the age of 25 only, then giving a discount in the northam for nippers under that age.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:30 - Oct 6 with 3914 viewsdirk_doone

All they need to do is locate the new safe standing area behind the goal at the home end.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:33 - Oct 6 with 3906 viewsfranniesTache

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:30 - Oct 6 by dirk_doone

All they need to do is locate the new safe standing area behind the goal at the home end.

The home being the Chapel Kop right? I mean that's what it was designed as when the club moved from the Dell
Login to get fewer ads

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:36 - Oct 6 with 3899 viewsdirk_doone

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:33 - Oct 6 by franniesTache

The home being the Chapel Kop right? I mean that's what it was designed as when the club moved from the Dell

Yes, if they don't want our more vocal fans in the corners of the away end adjacent to the visiitng fans, then that is the obvious solution.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:47 - Oct 6 with 3875 viewssledger

i am in block 1 and saw bugger all off the pitch and on the pitch
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 15:56 - Oct 6 with 3861 viewsBLEEDRED

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:41 - Oct 6 by kingslandstand1

I heard of a bottle of "liquid" being thrown from Everton with nothing happening, then a guy in the Itchen threw it back and was immediately removed ..............

Correct Everton scored a bottle came flying over from their end nothing done some idiot from block 1 threw it back (thrown out) Score the second goal another bottle comes over (not thrown back) plus coins and a few other objects. Lots of their fans cross the black netting to confront Saints fans, no stewards or police in the Everton end to stop this, of course the Saints fans respond Stewards and police steam in and fighting breaks out. As Saints fans are being ejected The Everton fans are still standing on the netting goading the Saints fans (of course Saints fans should just have sat there and not done anything) I did not see any action taken against the Everton fans, properly because there was no one over their side of the barrier, and they continued to throw abuse until the end of the game(and after) Of course Saints fans were not completely innocent, but there was nothing until the first bottle was thrown
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 16:09 - Oct 6 with 3836 viewsSouthamptonfan

Everton fans were allowed to goad and do whatever the f@ck they like. The Saints fans reacted. What are the Saints fans supposed to do? Walk by silently whilst the away fans take the p!ss and say nothing? Notice no security on their f@cking side at all. They are free to haul abuse our way, nothing done. The Saints fans just have take it and walk out without reacting at all, whilst away fans can do what they like. A few of fans obviously react, and they close the section.

Put a line of police their side and a line of police our side. It's not difficult is it. Move the guy in the white shirt back, instead of letting him goad and it gets sorted. SFC are a joke. They let trouble happen from away fans, as an excuse to close the block.

[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 16:16]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 16:10 - Oct 6 with 3832 viewscocklebreath

Pathetic over the top reaction. Instead of closing block 1 take the extra 300 from away fans and make a gap

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 17:05 - Oct 6 with 3723 viewsSouthamptonfan

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:37 - Oct 6 by solent_toffee

You're right, as the clip shows, the club are manufacturing trouble from the home support (by allowing away fans to goad and antagonise), not just Everton (it happens every game), so that they can close the section they would.like to turn into a leather seat, happy clapping area, just in front of the directors box.

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 17:49 - Oct 6 with 3640 viewsSaintNick

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 17:05 - Oct 6 by Southamptonfan

You're right, as the clip shows, the club are manufacturing trouble from the home support (by allowing away fans to goad and antagonise), not just Everton (it happens every game), so that they can close the section they would.like to turn into a leather seat, happy clapping area, just in front of the directors box.

I have sympathy for both sides of the argument, as Frannies Tache says, the club warned fans about what would happen if the behaviour from last season carried on and it has done.

It is fine to say the Everton fans were goading the Saints supporters and that has been dealt with in previous games by CCTV footage catching offenders after the game, truth is that when I have been to away games i have seen much goading of the home fans by our supporters. yet you don't see the missile throwing and surging that has been going on at St mary's lately

I also have some sympathy with the club who are perhaps being forced to do this by the ground regulatory & licensing authority.

I was told there were at least 27 missiles thrown on Saturday between both sets of fans and that is just what was counted, truth is it couldn't go on, I did an article before the opening game of the season after speaking to the new head of security at the stadium, he was doing his best to keep block 1 open under pressure from the Ground licensing committee (It should be noted here not the police ) seems like the behaviour against Everton shows he has not been able to keep them off any longer

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:19 - Oct 6 with 3590 viewsBLEEDRED

As other have said, it is so simple, but a line of stewards/police down the away end next to the netting and keep the stewarding the same Saints side. No one is saying Saints fans are blameless. But when you see such one-sided policing, it is easy to easy why fans get upset
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:32 - Oct 6 with 3561 viewsSouthamptonfan

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:19 - Oct 6 by BLEEDRED

As other have said, it is so simple, but a line of stewards/police down the away end next to the netting and keep the stewarding the same Saints side. No one is saying Saints fans are blameless. But when you see such one-sided policing, it is easy to easy why fans get upset

This.

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:32 - Oct 6 with 3561 viewssledger

making people exit to the left would prevent all the trouble at the end,its not hard is it.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:42 - Oct 6 with 3545 viewsElijahK

All I will say is that as someone who was sitting in the Itchen North (but not right next to the away fans) on Saturday, is that those Everton fans were causing all the shit and were the first ones to start throwing stuff, yet they get away with it and by what your saying many home fans don’t. Which can be a bit annoying, especially seeing how it was always the same group of toffee fans starting it all and were the ones to start everything before any saints fans did

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:45 - Oct 6 with 3543 viewsElijahK

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 13:41 - Oct 6 by kingslandstand1

Yeah exactly, as when we scored to make it 1-0 there was nothing that really happened, yet when they made it 1-1 I saw a few get thrown which started it all, and when they went 2-1 up there were loads getting thrown around yet it was only the home fans that got removed.
As yeah it’s all about being the “bigger person” etc, hence why our fans shouldn’t throw it back, but at the same time they should treat those away ones no differently

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 19:02 - Oct 6 with 3526 viewssolent_toffee

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 18:42 - Oct 6 by ElijahK

All I will say is that as someone who was sitting in the Itchen North (but not right next to the away fans) on Saturday, is that those Everton fans were causing all the shit and were the first ones to start throwing stuff, yet they get away with it and by what your saying many home fans don’t. Which can be a bit annoying, especially seeing how it was always the same group of toffee fans starting it all and were the ones to start everything before any saints fans did

Taken from an Everton fans forum. I don’t get the complicated segregation of fans before the game either. I went with my mate who is a Saints season ticket holder in the corner of the Northam and Kingsland. He had to walk back over the bridge and go all the way round and then back down.

Tbf Everton absolutely caused that. When we equalised there was loads of plastic bottles and glasses thrown across with beer in them. This caused a 'hold me back Nigel" surge from the home fans. I think they were short of stewards as loads were drinking in their seats. I watched one lad get hit full on in the face with a half a pint of beer. Went all over him and he was fuming. Serves him right I thought for choosing to sit 12 feet away from the visiting fans.
I notice you can't turn left coming out and go over the footbridge in to town anymore they force you to walk all the way round past the coaches.
Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 19:27 - Oct 6 with 3472 viewsPatfromPoole

Fans are just a necessary evil which provide the second largest income stream for the club.

Semmens and Steele showed their true colours at the last Fans Forum; a number of their comments showed little regard for the fans.

Relegation and a loss of SKY money might bring a bit of humility back and make them appreciate the fans. Slightly.

My last home game was the City Cup game last season. It will be a while until I end my away games only stance.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 23:11 - Oct 6 with 3247 viewsSouthamptonfan

The fans wouldn't be able to surge over to the away fans if they didn't leave so many seats empty. If everybseqt is taken, you can't run across the aisle can you. It's all a setup.

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 10:09 - Oct 7 with 3035 viewsJaySaint

That is mental. From the Northam/Kingland corner, I could see all sorts being thrown from the Everton fans into the Itchen Corner. Yet the police/stewards went into the saints crowd.

WTF?!?!?

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Club Closing Down Itchen Corner Block 1 on 12:22 - Oct 7 with 2912 viewsSouthamptonfan

The new security we have at St Mary's is from f@cking Pompey. Stewards allowed Everton fans into the home end, because they are Pompey fans.

It is discussed here and fans have their say.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2022 12:25]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024