Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday 09:19 - Oct 18 with 2533 viewsSaintNick

Seems like we have sold around 2,000 of our 2, 239 tickets allocated, so should be an almost full ground on Saturday.

Who is going up and how etc

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 10:46 - Oct 18 with 2477 viewsericofarabia

New ground, and in fact city, for me.
Even though it's relatively close, 110 miles, I will still have to set off early.
0730 Bus w⚓ery to Manc.
Train to Hull via change at Leeds, arr Hull 1125. 7 hours of 🍻 in Hull interrupted by 90+ mins of football and then reverse the trip, quick beer in Leigh back home about midnight. #awayday love 'em.
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 10:57 - Oct 18 with 2471 viewsA1079

I am Nick. It is my nearest ground in the EFL - 22 miles.

Hull gets a bad rap but as a city I wouldn't say it is any worse than Southampton city centre. Both suffered badly in the 2nd world war and neither has received the best planning over the years and both have their social issues.
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 11:02 - Oct 18 with 2465 viewsBuggalugs

It’s purely coincidental that we have a cottage in the Lake District booked for the week Saints just so happen to have 2 Northern games within a few days of each other.

Drive up there on Friday, then train for me and the lad to both Hull on the Saturday and then Preston on the Wednesday.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 11:52 - Oct 18 with 2425 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Myself and some school friends went up to Hull for a FA Cup game in January 1966 on a special train which departed from the old Docks Station at 11,00hrs and we travelled overnight arriving at a very cold and foggy Paragon station about 6am.
We then had to amuse ourselves around Hull until Kick Off time, mainly in the warmth of a Bowling Alley.
Hull were top of Div 3 whilst we were mid table Div 2 until a late surge provided us with our first ever promotion to the top Division.
Hull were a decent side at the time, well financed with a decent stadium at the old Boothferry Park which had a railway station next door.
It was so foggy that we missed the winning goal late in the game by Ken Wagstaffe?.
The train arrived back in Southampton in the early hours of Sunday morning and I then had to be up at 0700hrs to do my Sunday paper round.
The most recent game I saw Saints play in Hull was a few years ago ie the 1-0 win courtesy of a Wanyama goal at the new stadium
The most
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 12:52 - Oct 18 with 2387 viewsSalisburySaint

Early start for me up at 6

7.20 train from Salisbury get there 12.18.

Plenty of time after game for more beer and food then 18.36 train home, should be back home midnight

4 Dutch Saints, are cycling from Delft to Rotterdam, then ferry over to Hull. Then cycling over to Preston for game there
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:02]
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 13:29 - Oct 18 with 2360 viewsdirk_doone

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 12:52 - Oct 18 by SalisburySaint

Early start for me up at 6

7.20 train from Salisbury get there 12.18.

Plenty of time after game for more beer and food then 18.36 train home, should be back home midnight

4 Dutch Saints, are cycling from Delft to Rotterdam, then ferry over to Hull. Then cycling over to Preston for game there
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:02]

Can't blame them. There can't be many things happening in the Netherlands more attractive than a football match in Hull.

The last time I went there was in 1976 and we lost 4-0. Saints' fans were at the side but one of our number decided he was going to 'take' the Hull end. After a lot of commotion behind their goal, he came back covered in blood but looking rather pleased with himself. I think, in his mind at least, he'd achieved an honourable draw.

In those days, Hull was very open to the bighting North Sea winds, I guess because a lot of the old buildings had been destroyed in the war and not replaced. I can't say I've ever been tempted to return there, in spite of the cheap beer and fish & chips, but hopefully it's improved.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:35]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 13:43 - Oct 18 with 2332 views1teeminants

7.48 am train from Winchester. 66 pound to Hull return with a railcard. Just need Rotherham away to complete the lot so can’t miss this one. Looking forward to it. UTFS.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 15:01 - Oct 18 with 2275 viewsSP4Saint

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 13:29 - Oct 18 by dirk_doone

Can't blame them. There can't be many things happening in the Netherlands more attractive than a football match in Hull.

The last time I went there was in 1976 and we lost 4-0. Saints' fans were at the side but one of our number decided he was going to 'take' the Hull end. After a lot of commotion behind their goal, he came back covered in blood but looking rather pleased with himself. I think, in his mind at least, he'd achieved an honourable draw.

In those days, Hull was very open to the bighting North Sea winds, I guess because a lot of the old buildings had been destroyed in the war and not replaced. I can't say I've ever been tempted to return there, in spite of the cheap beer and fish & chips, but hopefully it's improved.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 13:35]

I went to that match. I think we were cup holders at the time and it was quite a rude awakening to be beaten by Hull 4-0 in the League. I remember it being pretty rough up there. I went on one of Bernie's coaches that started off in Salisbury. Been to the new ground three times- saw us win 4-2 under Burley in 2006, get thumped about 5-0 in in 2008 and win 1-0 in 2014 courtesy of a very early long range effort from Wanyama.
Login to get fewer ads

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday (n/t) (n/t) on 16:11 - Oct 18 with 2221 viewsSouthSeaSaint

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 11:52 - Oct 18 by SouthSeaSaint

Myself and some school friends went up to Hull for a FA Cup game in January 1966 on a special train which departed from the old Docks Station at 11,00hrs and we travelled overnight arriving at a very cold and foggy Paragon station about 6am.
We then had to amuse ourselves around Hull until Kick Off time, mainly in the warmth of a Bowling Alley.
Hull were top of Div 3 whilst we were mid table Div 2 until a late surge provided us with our first ever promotion to the top Division.
Hull were a decent side at the time, well financed with a decent stadium at the old Boothferry Park which had a railway station next door.
It was so foggy that we missed the winning goal late in the game by Ken Wagstaffe?.
The train arrived back in Southampton in the early hours of Sunday morning and I then had to be up at 0700hrs to do my Sunday paper round.
The most recent game I saw Saints play in Hull was a few years ago ie the 1-0 win courtesy of a Wanyama goal at the new stadium
The most

[Post edited 18 Oct 2023 16:14]
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 22:59 - Oct 18 with 2029 viewsarfurdent

went once that was enough, think all of Lincolnshire to the south is hoping coastal erosin with take it out to the Dogger Bank

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 16:42 - Oct 20 with 1772 viewsericofarabia

Good luck all those travelling by train tomorrow, including me!
Loads of disruption and track closures due to flooding. 🤔
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 17:54 - Oct 20 with 1722 viewsSalisburySaint

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 16:42 - Oct 20 by ericofarabia

Good luck all those travelling by train tomorrow, including me!
Loads of disruption and track closures due to flooding. 🤔

You might have problems, but could be alright if going via Leeds, some trains now running from Kings Cross to Doncaster, after being cancelled all afternoon, so hopefully I’ll be ok getting there
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 20:40 - Oct 20 with 1638 viewsSouthamptonfan

Keep an eye on any announcements, if you are going tomorrow. Rotherham's game is already called off. Issue there though is flooding around the ground, not the pitch.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11688/12988512/
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 20:42]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 23:32 - Oct 20 with 1566 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Assuming the game does go ahead, Hull Live reported today that inside the ground 'The club have installed a new state-of-the-art camera system which will be in use for the first time on Saturday’s game against Southampton'
One of the key things it will be looking at according to Hull Live is supporters 'surging towards opposition supporters at key moments during the game'
Think we have all already been there and got the T-Shirt from our experiences at SMS. So, just be warned, smile, you're on [state-of-the-art] camera
[Post edited 20 Oct 2023 23:35]
Who Is Going To Hull On Saturday on 09:01 - Oct 21 with 1447 viewsA1079

It is a miserable wet and cold morning up here in East Yorkshire. It has rained pretty constantly now for 24 hours though less heavy than it was yesterday. The wind has died down but not great conditions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024