Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sin-bins to be trialed… 22:25 - Nov 28 with 3084 viewsSFC_Referee

Well what do people make of this then?…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67549886

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 22:56 - Nov 28 with 2752 viewsSouthamptonfan

No thanks, there is already far too much interference, slowing down the game we all love. The game would just become too robotic.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 06:15 - Nov 29 with 2692 viewssolent_toffee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 22:56 - Nov 28 by Southamptonfan

No thanks, there is already far too much interference, slowing down the game we all love. The game would just become too robotic.

100% this. If it’s not broke, don’t try to fix it, if it’s broke dont make an even bigger mess of it.

It’s turning into a shit sport as it is, it will be ruined soon.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 07:24 - Nov 29 with 2661 viewsSalisburySaint

Apparently worked well at grassroots level,

However with the clowns at top level in this country I’m sure they’d muck this up like they have VAR
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 08:10 - Nov 29 with 2640 viewsarfurdent

so how about a blast from a cattle-prod for tactical fouls?

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 08:43 - Nov 29 with 2627 viewsSonicBoom

Players will get more injuries if they have to go sit down then come back on.

Plus it will just be another thing for the managers to moan about. Their players didn't get back on in time, etc etc.
Plus it'll kill periods of the game. The side that loses a player will just sit back for those ten minutes like they do when someone is sent off. How does that help the game for the fans.

As usual every time the suits meddle with the rules they make it worse and tie themselves up in knots.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 08:46 - Nov 29 with 2624 viewsChesham_Saint

It does work well in rugby though…,

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 10:26 - Nov 29 with 2599 viewsGRIM

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 08:46 - Nov 29 by Chesham_Saint

It does work well in rugby though…,

10 minute Sin Bins work really well in Rugby, But so does VAR !.
Totally different culture / attitude/discipline/mentality in Rugby.
I like the idea of Sin Bins because Yellow Cards are now pointless, players are perfectly happy to get a Yellow Card.
As much I like the idea of Sin Bins in football I'm not sure it will work in football, if they can't make VAR work there's no chance they could manage Sin Bins.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:30 - Nov 29 with 2564 viewsBuggalugs

Just leave the game alone ffs. This obsession with constantly meddling has gone way too far already and will only suck more life out of it for the match going fan. The broadcasters and those that watch on tv will love the added drama though, which makes it inevitable.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Login to get fewer ads

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:48 - Nov 29 with 2557 viewsSFC_Referee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 22:56 - Nov 28 by Southamptonfan

I’m not sure if you know how the sin bins work, but I don’t see how it would slow down the game as it would simply be down to the ref as to whether or not he issued it, nothing to do with VAR or anything else that might slow down the game

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:49 - Nov 29 with 2556 viewsSFC_Referee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 07:24 - Nov 29 by SalisburySaint

Apparently worked well at grassroots level,

However with the clowns at top level in this country I’m sure they’d muck this up like they have VAR

It has worked at grassroots for sure, but even then you call many of those refs clowns but I don’t see much of a difference in their inconsistency to what many pundits and fans say and how often then backtrack and contradict themselves…

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:51 - Nov 29 with 2555 viewsSFC_Referee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 10:26 - Nov 29 by GRIM

10 minute Sin Bins work really well in Rugby, But so does VAR !.
Totally different culture / attitude/discipline/mentality in Rugby.
I like the idea of Sin Bins because Yellow Cards are now pointless, players are perfectly happy to get a Yellow Card.
As much I like the idea of Sin Bins in football I'm not sure it will work in football, if they can't make VAR work there's no chance they could manage Sin Bins.

Well even then the sin-bins would only be issued for dissent, so really I’d of thought that if they introduce them it’ll probably stop most of that within the first month or so of the season

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:53 - Nov 29 with 2553 viewsSFC_Referee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:30 - Nov 29 by Buggalugs

Just leave the game alone ffs. This obsession with constantly meddling has gone way too far already and will only suck more life out of it for the match going fan. The broadcasters and those that watch on tv will love the added drama though, which makes it inevitable.

But it’s abuse and dissent that’s lead to the lack of referees at grassroots level and why so many quite due to the levels of abuse there. As at least if they did do this it could help to stop all of this, get more refs in and therefore increase the competition and therefore quality of the refs at the top, which is something everyone sure does love to moan about

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 14:42 - Nov 29 with 2461 viewsSalisburySaint

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 11:49 - Nov 29 by SFC_Referee

It has worked at grassroots for sure, but even then you call many of those refs clowns but I don’t see much of a difference in their inconsistency to what many pundits and fans say and how often then backtrack and contradict themselves…

I was having a go at the officials who oversee VAR in this country, not referees in general.

VAR generally works well, apert from in the Premier League.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 15:16 - Nov 29 with 2445 viewskingslandstand1

If they did that there would be a lot of "powers that be" in the rule making part of the game that would be out of a job .................

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 15:48 - Nov 29 with 2434 viewssaint901

I agree that a team losing a player will be coached to sit deep and not concede.

When the player comes back on the non penalised team will also need to be coached to react.

The key issue here is respect for the referee. It's not to punish players or teams for fouls etc, there are rules already for that.

Respect is a two way street. Players will respect refs who are consistent and correct most of the time. They will disrespect refs if they think that they can get a decision changed, for example by use of VAR. In this regard VAR has actually harmed this effort.

So drop VAR, have a season in which all dissent is punished with a yellow, (x2 = red), do post match reviews for obvious cheats and issue retrospective yellows/reds.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 09:53 - Nov 30 with 2339 viewsNumber_58

How often are these new sin bins going to be collected? At the moment, round our way any sent off players are collected by the council on a Tuesday morning.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 12:33 - Nov 30 with 2306 viewsUTS1885

What a load of b@llocks !

Far too much bullshit around the game already.
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 17:32 - Nov 30 with 2269 viewsSFC_Referee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 14:42 - Nov 29 by SalisburySaint

I was having a go at the officials who oversee VAR in this country, not referees in general.

VAR generally works well, apert from in the Premier League.

But as the recent champions league and European contests have been showing, VAR and how many fans view as the quality of officials is no different abroad to how it is over here. As I’ve spoken to fans of 3 of the other 4 major leagues (just excluding the French one) and they all say the exact same about their refs as we say about the prem ones, and like I’ve said before the champions league ones are better (although again as shown recently there are still some that aren’t the best) but that’s because they can pick the best from all those nations so can be a bit more picky over their officials and therefore would most likely have a better standard of officiating.

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 17:36 - Nov 30 with 2267 viewsPatfromPoole

Couldn't agree more, sir.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 17:41 - Nov 30 with 2266 viewsSFC_Referee

As much as I would prefer football to be able to not need it, but it’s necessary these days otherwise we genuinely won’t have enough refs in the future as it’s hitting record numbers now for how low the ref counts are and how many are quitting due to abuse and such. So until things change at the top well that won’t change, and it looks like it’ll need something like sin bins for that change to occur

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 18:03 - Nov 30 with 2262 viewssledger

When 6 or 7 get around the ref moaning will they all get binned off,i dont think so,just mic and cam them up and then throw the book at them,should be all sorted in about a month.Rugby players show respect so why cant football players,its just because they have been allowed to get away with it
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 20:35 - Nov 30 with 2226 viewsBuggalugs

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 17:41 - Nov 30 by SFC_Referee

As much as I would prefer football to be able to not need it, but it’s necessary these days otherwise we genuinely won’t have enough refs in the future as it’s hitting record numbers now for how low the ref counts are and how many are quitting due to abuse and such. So until things change at the top well that won’t change, and it looks like it’ll need something like sin bins for that change to occur

I agree there is a serious issue at grass roots with respecting refs and I’m amazed anyone would want to put themselves through it. It's much harder to protect refs at that level as they’re often completely isolated, with thicko chavvy players/parents trying to intimidate them by being verbally and even physically abusive. I get it, it’s a really tough gig.

Professional refs however don’t have to face that level of intimidation and know they can assert their authority on a game without the threat of violence. Dissent can be nipped in the bud quickly, but they and their bosses prefer to be weak and pander to the millionaire players/managers, so have only got themselves to blame.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 22:18 - Nov 30 with 2197 viewsBazza

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 18:03 - Nov 30 by sledger

When 6 or 7 get around the ref moaning will they all get binned off,i dont think so,just mic and cam them up and then throw the book at them,should be all sorted in about a month.Rugby players show respect so why cant football players,its just because they have been allowed to get away with it

Good points, I totally agree. Players lack of respect for referees is abysmal. Maybe it could reduce diving and time wasting. Certainly could be used to remove those jerks that complain in the refs ear all the time, assuming the refs have the confidence to use the sinbins
Sin-bins to be trialed… on 06:19 - Dec 1 with 2159 viewssaintwizzler

It’s all geared up for the TV watching fan.
More drama that can be analysed by a politically correct studio panel.

GAMES GONE

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 06:58 - Dec 1 with 2151 viewssolent_toffee

Sin-bins to be trialed… on 06:19 - Dec 1 by saintwizzler

It’s all geared up for the TV watching fan.
More drama that can be analysed by a politically correct studio panel.

GAMES GONE

100% this and you just know that it will be massively weighted in the favour of the 7 Sky teams. Wolves may as well start with eight players.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024