Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league 20:48 - Jan 1 with 1814 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sheffield Wednesday won today, beating hull 3 - 1, and they have been on an impressive run to give them a great chance of escaping relegation, when they were at one point about 15 points adrift of safety. They also have Ralph's ex assistant as their manager. I think this game will be a real test.
[Post edited 1 Jan 20:49]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:04 - Jan 1 with 1776 viewsSaintNick

Hull were a man down after a red card on 35 minutes, for a tackle that was a lot less than the one on Edozie today at Norwich, so Im not sure you can judge too much on this

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:15 - Jan 1 with 1754 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:04 - Jan 1 by SaintNick

Hull were a man down after a red card on 35 minutes, for a tackle that was a lot less than the one on Edozie today at Norwich, so Im not sure you can judge too much on this

I'm judging it on their sudden fight to stay up. They won one nil at Preston recently. They drew with Leicester, won one nil at Stoke, got a nil nil draw at Leeds . They are now only three points from safety, when they were miles adrift last time I checked. I think it will be a very tough game, far tougher than you might expect from a team in the bottom three.
[Post edited 1 Jan 21:19]

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:51 - Jan 1 with 1717 viewsA1079

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:15 - Jan 1 by Southamptonfan

I'm judging it on their sudden fight to stay up. They won one nil at Preston recently. They drew with Leicester, won one nil at Stoke, got a nil nil draw at Leeds . They are now only three points from safety, when they were miles adrift last time I checked. I think it will be a very tough game, far tougher than you might expect from a team in the bottom three.

Sheff Wed are revitalised and showing real fight. Any ounze of complacency will cost us dearly. One thing about the championship is that every team at some point, no matter what their position can upset the odds.
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:56 - Jan 1 with 1712 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:51 - Jan 1 by A1079

Sheff Wed are revitalised and showing real fight. Any ounze of complacency will cost us dearly. One thing about the championship is that every team at some point, no matter what their position can upset the odds.

Yeh and unfortunately I can see a confident and revitalised Wednesday teamas you put it, coming to us with nothing to lose and really going for it and fighting for.an upset. I hope I'm wrong.

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:00 - Jan 1 with 1709 viewsPatfromPoole

A very good set of results.

Will be a tough game; as virtually all of them are.

We only just beat them at their place.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:08 - Jan 1 with 1694 viewssaint22

Bang on
They are in form
Plus our old assistant coming and getting three points feels pretty likely
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:09 - Jan 1 with 1692 viewsSaintNick

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:08 - Jan 1 by saint22

Bang on
They are in form
Plus our old assistant coming and getting three points feels pretty likely

Are we frightened though ? I get the feeling that as a squad we are scared of no one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:17 - Jan 1 with 1675 viewsSouthamptonfan

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:09 - Jan 1 by SaintNick

Are we frightened though ? I get the feeling that as a squad we are scared of no one

Not frightened, I think the point is, Saints must make sure we show them respect and don't expect an easy win because they are in the bottom three. We will need to play really well and match their fight otherwise I fear we could get turned over. If we play to our very best,.we will win, but we must not underestimate them. They are revitalised and fighting.

Login to get fewer ads

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:18 - Jan 1 with 1671 viewsPatfromPoole

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 22:09 - Jan 1 by SaintNick

We shouldn’t be frightened at all.

However, our fans shouldn’t be turning up expecting a repeat of the Swansea game.

Hopefully Edozie will be available, his form has been really good in home games and he is key in enabling us to really go at teams.

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 23:15 - Jan 1 with 1625 viewsRon11

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 21:56 - Jan 1 by Southamptonfan

Yeh and unfortunately I can see a confident and revitalised Wednesday teamas you put it, coming to us with nothing to lose and really going for it and fighting for.an upset. I hope I'm wrong.

I think if Rohl had stayed here and Hassenhutl had gone back to the fatherland, we's still be in the Prem. now.
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 00:31 - Jan 2 with 1585 viewsTimSaint

Any game in the Championship can be tough and yes, Wednesday have had a upturn of results recently, but......

We are on an 18 (EIGHTEEN) game unbeaten run and won the last 7 (SEVEN) on the bounce at home. I don't think it will be us who are worried about this game !!

TimSaint

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 00:40 - Jan 2 with 1571 viewsfranniesTache

Given who their manager is and the high regard he's held in at St Mary's I wouldn't be surprised at all if they beat us,

He was seen as the person who did the man management and the tactics when he was here, and for a lot of the club he was seen as the better manager over Ralph.

There was actually a lot of people who thought him leaving would cause a massive downturn, and a fair few folk who thought he should have the main job instead of Ralph.

I've got a feeling a lot of our fans will under estimate what he's doing/done, but i'm hoping the club won't
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 07:39 - Jan 2 with 1472 viewsBerber

Last 10 games for them show LDLLWLLLWW. If we don’t win, it will be due to our own performance and failure to take chances.
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 08:43 - Jan 2 with 1406 viewssaint22

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 07:39 - Jan 2 by Berber

Last 10 games for them show LDLLWLLLWW. If we don’t win, it will be due to our own performance and failure to take chances.

Well let’s hope we can perform then
As for taking chances we can’t
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 11:31 - Jan 2 with 1312 viewsGRIM

We've struggled against the bottom teams this season.
We have to guard against complacency against these teams.
Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 1077 viewsPatfromPoole

Bump.

They continued their good form yesterday.

Might have been a different game if Cardiff hadn’t missed two first-half penalties though 😳

Sheffield Wednesday next in the league on 12:12 - Jan 7 with 1001 viewscocklebreath

They ain’t that good, we’ll win. Only 1200 seats left, getting difficult to get tickets as my son plays on a Saturday and I don’t know what time kick off us till the Thursday. Glory seekers😇

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024