Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material 21:09 - Aug 17 with 1963 viewsSaintNick

Could Joe Worrall be the leader we are looking for or is he just a Championship standard defender

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:28 - Aug 17 with 1473 viewsPatfromPoole

Gerrard did also say a few years ago that Jordan Ibe was the most exciting young player at Liverpool.

He then signed for Bournemouth, where he was infamous for crashing his Bentley more often than finding the back of the net.

I think Worrall could be a very good signing from what I have heard of him.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:33 - Aug 17 with 1457 viewsSaintNick

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:28 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

Gerrard did also say a few years ago that Jordan Ibe was the most exciting young player at Liverpool.

He then signed for Bournemouth, where he was infamous for crashing his Bentley more often than finding the back of the net.

I think Worrall could be a very good signing from what I have heard of him.

Dont know much about him

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:51 - Aug 17 with 1441 viewsPatfromPoole

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:33 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

Dont know much about him

I would sign him and Cahill if funds will permit.

I would then look at making Stephens a back-up “Number 6” (to quote Ralph…) to cover for Romeu / Diallo.

Stephens’ man-marking isn’t good enough, but he has ability on the ball and could be an option in that sort of role.

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:52 - Aug 17 with 1440 viewsSaintNick

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:51 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

I would then look at making Stephens a back-up “Number 6” (to quote Ralph…) to cover for Romeu / Diallo.

Stephens’ man-marking isn’t good enough, but he has ability on the ball and could be an option in that sort of role.

He moved into that role in one game and looked a little lost

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:54 - Aug 17 with 1436 viewsPatfromPoole

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:52 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

He moved into that role in one game and looked a little lost

Wasn’t it Man City away though?

Not the easiest of situations.

Think it might be worth another try against lesser oppo.

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:10 - Aug 17 with 1408 viewsSaintNick

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:54 - Aug 17 by PatfromPoole

Wasn’t it Man City away though?

Not the easiest of situations.

Think it might be worth another try against lesser oppo.

Perhaps, i think he could do a job for the odd game but not on a regular basis

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:49 - Aug 17 with 1353 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely, I would sign Worrall and Cahill. Worrall is a leader, aggressive and a winner, Cahill has the experience the club needs, a level head and could help coach. F**king sort it Saints.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:52 - Aug 17 with 1349 views1teeminants

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 21:33 - Aug 17 by SaintNick

Dont know much about him

If you go on their clubs forums you get a feeling for them . Chelsea fans were raving about Livramento , seems like they were spot on . Forest fans are saying what a good player Worral is “ a born leader “ many claim .

It should also be noted that Livramento was voted Chelsea acadamy player of the season while Joe Worral was voted Forest player of the season .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Login to get fewer ads

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:53 - Aug 17 with 1348 viewsSaintsforeverj

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:49 - Aug 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Absolutely, I would sign Worrall and Cahill. Worrall is a leader, aggressive and a winner, Cahill has the experience the club needs, a level head and could help coach. F**king sort it Saints.

Yes, we have a terrible defence so sign them both!

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 23:11 - Aug 17 with 1335 viewsRon11

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:53 - Aug 17 by Saintsforeverj

Yes, we have a terrible defence so sign them both!

'Just a Championship defender'
What like Stephens?
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 23:31 - Aug 17 with 1306 viewsdirk_doone

We need a a tall, dominating central defender.

Just f---ing sign him.

This is one of the most obvious signings we could ever make. The fact he would cost less than £15 mill would make it criminal if we don't.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2021 9:46]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 00:10 - Aug 18 with 1276 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 23:31 - Aug 17 by dirk_doone

Just f---ing sign him.

This is one of the most obvious signings we could ever make. The fact he would cost less than £15 mill would make it criminal if we don't.

This.

But sadly we support Saints. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been delighted and would be worth millions for every time I've been let down.

The one that still gets me to this day was after Saints sold Flowers, one of my mates said "I bet we sign someone like Beasant". Yep. Wasn't a bad bloke but not Flowers. I think I was 17/18 then, but that was the first time I really felt let down - although it was around the same time Shearer and Kenna were flogged and replaced with ponies, but still, that era cemented being what a Saints fan was to me.

They'll end up unearthing another 20 year old we haven't heard of, who will have potential, but will be inadequate for the premier league right now.

Just f**king get Worrall over the line and get Cahill to help. Not rocket science, do it.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 06:44 - Aug 18 with 1185 views1teeminants

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 00:10 - Aug 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This.

But sadly we support Saints. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've been delighted and would be worth millions for every time I've been let down.

The one that still gets me to this day was after Saints sold Flowers, one of my mates said "I bet we sign someone like Beasant". Yep. Wasn't a bad bloke but not Flowers. I think I was 17/18 then, but that was the first time I really felt let down - although it was around the same time Shearer and Kenna were flogged and replaced with ponies, but still, that era cemented being what a Saints fan was to me.

They'll end up unearthing another 20 year old we haven't heard of, who will have potential, but will be inadequate for the premier league right now.

Just f**king get Worrall over the line and get Cahill to help. Not rocket science, do it.

According to this Cahill is not an option for Saints .

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/topic/58582-summer-transfer-window-2021/page/123/#co

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 07:36 - Aug 18 with 1134 viewssaint22

Just f---ing sign him.

Yes and do it this week not on august 31 ffs
You just know we will end up with a cheaper loanee version
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 07:40 - Aug 18 with 1131 viewssaint22

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 22:49 - Aug 17 by Gennaro_Contaldo

The bigger question here is why wasn’t he already in before vestergaard was sold??
It seems to be we are working on the basis of reactive as opposed to proactive throughout all levels of the club, which shows poor leadership and nous
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 08:01 - Aug 18 with 1100 viewsMattFinish

Good post Pat, exactly my thoughts. Get one of the CB options plus Cahill as back up. But you know that won't happen. Whatever we just need to stop p*ssing around and get the deal done.
Vestergaard left a week ago and it's been clear since he refused an extension that he was off, especially as it appears we turned down an offer from Leicester last season so why are we approaching the Man Utd game with still no signing? Surely we haven't just started looking for replacements
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 08:32 - Aug 18 with 1071 viewsA1079

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 00:10 - Aug 18 by Gennaro_Contaldo

This.

This and Dirk are spot on. Get out there and get them in.

Why oh why is everything so painful with Saints?

We should have been planning for Vestergaards replacement even before the Euros started instead we are flailing around everywhere like a fish out of water. Compare that to Villa who lined up their replacements in anticipation of their departure.

I know it is a different thing but another season where Season tickets are late and the communication from the club has been awful. It doesn't affect me as I am not a season ticket holder but I have seen the messages from people waiting and wanting to know. I believe it was finally sorted yesterday but it is 11th hour again.

What is happening at the place? it just feels like we are not even reactive let alone pro-active, whether it is making subs in a game, lining up replacements for probable departures even down to the admin - we are consistently behind the curve and that comes down to a lack of leadership and organisation at all levels.

I know this is a rant
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 08:40 - Aug 18 with 1058 viewsVeloSaint

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 07:40 - Aug 18 by saint22

The bigger question here is why wasn’t he already in before vestergaard was sold??
It seems to be we are working on the basis of reactive as opposed to proactive throughout all levels of the club, which shows poor leadership and nous

Gao won't release the funds to do that
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 08:42 - Aug 18 with 1057 viewsVeloSaint

Just f---ing sign him.

Agree. But he is carrying a knock so wouldn't play until early next month regardless.
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 09:34 - Aug 18 with 1014 viewssaints__fan__73

Isn't Mark Noble the West Ham captain though?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 10:24 - Aug 18 with 960 viewsSaintNick

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 08:40 - Aug 18 by VeloSaint

Gao won't release the funds to do that

Why does Gao have to release funds ? As Semmens said, they are left to get on with managing the club day by day, they have money left from the sale of Ings and Vestergaard, Gao doesn't come into it, but is an easy target.

Those who say "Just get on and do it" and chastise the club arent aware of how the system works, I'm sure Saints would love to phone up Nottingham Forest for instance if they do want Worrall and lay down the money and get the deal done, but it doesn't happen like that, Forest will be keen to get the best price and will therefore be playing off interested clubs to get the best transfer fee, the players agent will be buzzing around trying to drum iup more interest so he can push up his clients wages and thus his % of the deal.

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 10:43 - Aug 18 with 938 viewsBerber

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 08:32 - Aug 18 by A1079

This and Dirk are spot on. Get out there and get them in.

Why oh why is everything so painful with Saints?

We should have been planning for Vestergaards replacement even before the Euros started instead we are flailing around everywhere like a fish out of water. Compare that to Villa who lined up their replacements in anticipation of their departure.

I know it is a different thing but another season where Season tickets are late and the communication from the club has been awful. It doesn't affect me as I am not a season ticket holder but I have seen the messages from people waiting and wanting to know. I believe it was finally sorted yesterday but it is 11th hour again.

What is happening at the place? it just feels like we are not even reactive let alone pro-active, whether it is making subs in a game, lining up replacements for probable departures even down to the admin - we are consistently behind the curve and that comes down to a lack of leadership and organisation at all levels.

I know this is a rant

I still haven't heard a thing about my ST.
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 10:46 - Aug 18 with 932 viewsPatfromPoole

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 10:24 - Aug 18 by SaintNick

Why does Gao have to release funds ? As Semmens said, they are left to get on with managing the club day by day, they have money left from the sale of Ings and Vestergaard, Gao doesn't come into it, but is an easy target.

Those who say "Just get on and do it" and chastise the club arent aware of how the system works, I'm sure Saints would love to phone up Nottingham Forest for instance if they do want Worrall and lay down the money and get the deal done, but it doesn't happen like that, Forest will be keen to get the best price and will therefore be playing off interested clubs to get the best transfer fee, the players agent will be buzzing around trying to drum iup more interest so he can push up his clients wages and thus his % of the deal.

And yet at the Forum, Semmens said that he had his first contact with Villa on a Monday night re Ings.

Less than 48 hours later, Ings signed for Villa.

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 11:02 - Aug 18 with 918 viewsVeloSaint

When was the last time we signed a replacement in advance of a player leaving? As for example Villa did this summer. There's a reason why we don't, my view is that it's cashflow and risk, because we don't have the funds. I could be wrong, but Villa proactively spending money in advance of recouping funds from Grealish sales suggests their owner is comfortable taking that risk and potentially paying extra to get a deal done only. I don't think this is about Semmens and co, their hands are tied in that situation as they've limited budget.
Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 11:19 - Aug 18 with 906 viewssaint22

Gerrard Says Worrall Is Captain Material on 11:02 - Aug 18 by VeloSaint

When was the last time we signed a replacement in advance of a player leaving? As for example Villa did this summer. There's a reason why we don't, my view is that it's cashflow and risk, because we don't have the funds. I could be wrong, but Villa proactively spending money in advance of recouping funds from Grealish sales suggests their owner is comfortable taking that risk and potentially paying extra to get a deal done only. I don't think this is about Semmens and co, their hands are tied in that situation as they've limited budget.

Fail to prepare
Prepare to fail
seems like that's replaced We March On
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024