Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nuno Sacked 10:03 - Nov 1 with 1163 viewsSaintNick

Breaking news Spurs lurch from one disaster to another

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nuno Sacked on 10:09 - Nov 1 with 1144 viewssaint68

Not in the slightest bit surprised, I wonder who they'll poach now

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Nuno Sacked on 10:37 - Nov 1 with 1106 viewsdarthvader

Nuno Sacked on 10:09 - Nov 1 by saint68

Not in the slightest bit surprised, I wonder who they'll poach now

Big Ron is looking for work i hear , another ex saints manager in the spurs job

keep the faith coyr

Nuno Sacked on 10:37 - Nov 1 with 1104 viewsdarthvader

Nuno Sacked on 10:37 - Nov 1 by darthvader

Big Ron is looking for work i hear , another ex saints manager in the spurs job

Or our Nige .

keep the faith coyr

Nuno Sacked on 10:50 - Nov 1 with 1081 viewsTripleNiemi

Horrible club.

Stability goes a long way in my view hence why i am enjoying this period under Ralph.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Nuno Sacked on 10:56 - Nov 1 with 1064 viewsTimSaint

The Spurs fans I know, seem to think they will get Conte.

He doesn't like joining clubs mid-season though, plus he would have a hell of a job clearing out all the deadwood there !!

TimSaint

Nuno Sacked on 10:59 - Nov 1 with 1057 viewsSadoldgit

Nuno Sacked on 10:50 - Nov 1 by TripleNiemi

Horrible club.

Stability goes a long way in my view hence why i am enjoying this period under Ralph.

Sadly it’s all about short-termism and quick fixes for many clubs. Like you I am happy that we have found a good manager and are giving him time to build something here.
Nuno Sacked on 11:01 - Nov 1 with 1055 views1885_SFC

I've always hated the North London yobbos long before Rupert came out with his quote for them. I've listened to fans phone-ins on the radio for more years than I care to remember - and Spurs fans have always been the biggest bunch of moaning, whinging fookers over the years who think they should be winning the league and the CL every season. A lot of that envy comes from Arsenal's success under Wenger during that time. Now that they have a huge, new stadium, they still have that pr1ck Levy. Their fans were moaning like fook on the radio the other day that Newcastle are now financially bigger than them & that it's even more competition!

Vile club.

Old School is Cool

Nuno Sacked on 13:23 - Nov 1 with 926 viewsA1079

I have always hated Spurs as a club with a passion, though in recent years they have competed with Liverpool for my disdain.

All that aside and no one in the media is mentioning it, but there is a man in their side who I think has been instrumental in their recent struggle (and I say struggle because in reality Spurs don't really know what a struggle is but their fans think they are better than they are) in much the same way as I think Ings impacted on our changing room since last January and that is Kane. He clearly didn't want to stay, he was clearly pi**sed off he did not get the move and he has been sulky and pretty much disinterested ever since. Yet he is the darling of the media who seems untouchable. Whether it is Spurs, us or someone else these players that think they can dictate what they want and when they don't get it can drag a whole team down and not unusually get a manager sacked in the process (not that a manager rarely leaves at PL level without some huge payout to soften the blow) without any recourse to them whatsoever.
Login to get fewer ads

Nuno Sacked on 13:29 - Nov 1 with 913 viewsMytchettSaint

I’ve always struggled to get my head round this belief that clubs won’t sack a manager as they’re mindful of the payout.
Surely clubs have break points written into them where the payout isn’t the remainder of the managers contract but a portion of severance pay. For example if a club is in the bottom three or not hit a certain position by a certain time the club can trigger the break clause.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Nuno Sacked on 13:36 - Nov 1 with 894 viewsSadoldgit

Nuno Sacked on 13:29 - Nov 1 by MytchettSaint

I’ve always struggled to get my head round this belief that clubs won’t sack a manager as they’re mindful of the payout.
Surely clubs have break points written into them where the payout isn’t the remainder of the managers contract but a portion of severance pay. For example if a club is in the bottom three or not hit a certain position by a certain time the club can trigger the break clause.

That was my feeling too. It certainly hasn’t stopped Watford changing managers every 5 minutes. I’d be very surprised if Nuno is walking away with the whole of his contract paid up.
Nuno Sacked on 13:39 - Nov 1 with 891 viewsMytchettSaint

Nuno Sacked on 13:36 - Nov 1 by Sadoldgit

That was my feeling too. It certainly hasn’t stopped Watford changing managers every 5 minutes. I’d be very surprised if Nuno is walking away with the whole of his contract paid up.

Not with any contract that crafty old fox Levy has negotiated.

Nuno Sacked on 13:43 - Nov 1 with 879 viewsSadoldgit

Nuno Sacked on 13:39 - Nov 1 by MytchettSaint

Not with any contract that crafty old fox Levy has negotiated.

Nuno probably owes Levy money!
Nuno Sacked on 13:48 - Nov 1 with 872 viewssaints__fan__73

Nuno Sacked on 13:36 - Nov 1 by Sadoldgit

Why would you be surprised?

If he doesn't take a lesser amount he can just get his monthly wage until his contract runs out.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Nuno Sacked on 13:51 - Nov 1 with 868 viewsMytchettSaint

Nuno Sacked on 13:48 - Nov 1 by saints__fan__73

Why would you be surprised?

If he doesn't take a lesser amount he can just get his monthly wage until his contract runs out.

If he’d been put on gardening leave (for want of a better description) then yeah, but I believe he’s been sacked, hence I struggle to believe in the world of football contracts they operate without break clauses etc.
Do you think they have to pay up the full contract?

Nuno Sacked on 14:46 - Nov 1 with 809 viewskingslandstand1

Nuno Sacked on 10:56 - Nov 1 by TimSaint

He doesn't like joining clubs mid-season though, plus he would have a hell of a job clearing out all the deadwood there !!

They might be getting their way .....................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59122645
Nuno Sacked on 14:55 - Nov 1 with 791 viewskingslandstand1

Nuno Sacked on 13:23 - Nov 1 by A1079

I have always hated Spurs as a club with a passion, though in recent years they have competed with Liverpool for my disdain.

All that aside and no one in the media is mentioning it, but there is a man in their side who I think has been instrumental in their recent struggle (and I say struggle because in reality Spurs don't really know what a struggle is but their fans think they are better than they are) in much the same way as I think Ings impacted on our changing room since last January and that is Kane. He clearly didn't want to stay, he was clearly pi**sed off he did not get the move and he has been sulky and pretty much disinterested ever since. Yet he is the darling of the media who seems untouchable. Whether it is Spurs, us or someone else these players that think they can dictate what they want and when they don't get it can drag a whole team down and not unusually get a manager sacked in the process (not that a manager rarely leaves at PL level without some huge payout to soften the blow) without any recourse to them whatsoever.

While Kane is still a golden boy to the media and they are all offering advice to the poor boy (!), he hasn't got off too lightly on listening to the radio, but he made it quite clear that he wanted to leave

With Levy being the arrogant sh1t that he is he stuck his feet in and said that he was not going to leave and that was it! My view is that while you could admire that stance as a contract had been signed, it has actually backfired with what we have seen of Kane this season. There is obviously something ongoing in his head as he can't go from the player he has been to what he is now

With that £120m or whatever it was City offered Spurs could have got 2 or 3 decent players in and possibly a happier dressing room

But then again, it's great to see the mess they are in now, but IF Conte takes the job will he be able to sort the players out? Or will he be given money (unlikely based on history)
and turn them around
Nuno Sacked on 16:34 - Nov 1 with 721 viewsRon11

Nuno Sacked on 10:56 - Nov 1 by TimSaint

Somebody with that name would be perfect for them.
Nuno Sacked on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 667 viewskernow

Another decent man, and excellent coach, dismissed .
Hope they crash and burn.
Nuno Sacked on 18:39 - Nov 1 with 624 viewsJaySaint

Horrible club.

I bet you never wished for stability with Hughes

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Nuno Sacked on 06:30 - Nov 2 with 459 viewssaintwizzler

Horrible club.

We need to kick on after the win at Watford with a minimum of 4 points from the next 2 games.
An out of form Villa side with injuries and a suspension then the worse team in the league.
That will set us up nicely for a free hit at the shîthole on the 27th.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024