Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Shields 11:25 - Jul 25 with 3782 viewsSaintNick

Interesting article on how he has already been an influence on Saints

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11045531/Southampton-reaping-

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Joe Shields on 11:35 - Jul 25 with 3130 viewsSadoldgit

Sounds like we have struck gold here. Whilst we are all fretting about Broja or Delap it sounds like he knows what he is doing so whatever he decides is fine by me (not that my opinion counts for anything).
Joe Shields on 19:45 - Jul 25 with 2913 views1teeminants

Yes I read this earlier he sounds really passionate and just goes for it by the sounds of it .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Joe Shields on 20:28 - Jul 25 with 2875 viewsSaintsforeverj

The plan of bringing in young talent to develop is clear but it's unchartered territory (just signing young players only). It's certainly brave. Joe Shields is obviously good at it, so we hope it goes to plan and we unearth some gems. We will get the benefits of them, until we sell them for for 50 million plus. Potentially very lucrative. But this is the theory. In reality, young players make mistakes and then lose confidence. They can take time to settle, especially from other countries. They all have to gel too. They often realise that the brutal PL is too higher standard for them after they have had a go. Will it work in reality? We all hope so. If it does, what a team we will have but I have my doubts. I hope I'm wrong and we have a team full of energetic, passionate, fit young players running all over teams. Time will tell.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 20:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Joe Shields on 20:43 - Jul 25 with 2848 viewsPatfromPoole

Can’t we just make him first-team manager?

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Joe Shields on 08:01 - Jul 26 with 2680 viewssaintwizzler

Joe Shields on 20:43 - Jul 25 by PatfromPoole

Can’t we just make him first-team manager?

Let’s see where we are after the Villa game as we boogie away the night down Broad Street.
The Alpine Klopp maybe fearing UB40 then.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Joe Shields on 17:53 - Oct 12 with 2358 viewsdirk_doone

We'll need a new interesting article on the influence of the new head of recruitment on Saints as this one has left.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 18:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Joe Shields on 18:47 - Oct 12 with 2224 viewsgrumpy

Joe Shields on 17:53 - Oct 12 by dirk_doone

We'll need a new interesting article on the influence of the new head of recruitment on Saints as this one has left.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 18:21]

You do wonder what on earth is going on.
Joe Shields on 18:59 - Oct 12 with 2200 viewsPatfromPoole

Joe Shields on 18:47 - Oct 12 by grumpy

Chelsea throwing £££££££‘s at him presumably.

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Shields on 19:47 - Oct 12 with 2107 views1teeminants

Joe Shields on 18:59 - Oct 12 by PatfromPoole

ADAM BLACKMORE
I don’t get why some #SaintsFc fans are angry at the club for Joe Shields approach?

Leaking the story to the press before telling the club about it hardly reflects well on him does it !?!

He’ll see out his contract before going (6 mths) - club furious with him and rightly so!

Joe Shields on 19:58 - Oct 12 with 2084 viewsGRIM

Joe Shields on 18:59 - Oct 12 by PatfromPoole

Perhaps JS is already hacked off with working with an clueless 1st team manager.
It's a no brainer, he'll go to Chelsea but he can't take all the new young recruits with him.
Joe Shields on 20:04 - Oct 12 with 2064 viewsgrumpy

Joe Shields on 19:47 - Oct 12 by 1teeminants

ADAM BLACKMORE
I don’t get why some #SaintsFc fans are angry at the club for Joe Shields approach?

Leaking the story to the press before telling the club about it hardly reflects well on him does it !?!

He’ll see out his contract before going (6 mths) - club furious with him and rightly so!

Don’t panic….. abandon ship
Joe Shields on 20:20 - Oct 12 with 2019 viewssaintwizzler

Joe Shields on 19:47 - Oct 12 by 1teeminants

ADAM BLACKMORE

Fûck me old Brown Nose Blackmore gets worse.

Joe Shields on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 1906 viewsdarthvader

Joe Shields on 18:47 - Oct 12 by grumpy

It's getting very weird . More of our backroom staff leaving.

I wonder if he had anything to do with that 50million bid for Lavia by Chelsea? Perhaps he was moonlighting for them even then.

Tbf leaking his own stories to the press is something we don't need so sack him off now. It's not like he's gonna be actively looking for players for us now is he?

keep the faith coyr

Joe Shields on 21:14 - Oct 12 with 1895 views1teeminants

Joe Shields on 20:20 - Oct 12 by saintwizzler

Fûck me old Brown Nose Blackmore gets worse.

It’s all kicking Off on tw@tter

I bet Shields wanted Ralph gone, but the board have said no so hes looked elsewhere. Blackmore would obviously circulate false stories about him then #clubstooge #saintsfc #blackmoreOUT

Franky, I really don’t care if you hate me or like me, but please don’t just post unfounded ludicrous lies about me and my professionalism or attitude - I’ve never made anything up in my BBC career over 26 years - try using social media responsibly - have a word with yourself !

Joe Shields on 21:21 - Oct 12 with 1875 viewsSouthamptonfan

If you still go to games and give this club your money, you're being taken for a fool. I won't go to games in the PL anymore, and won't go whilst they throw out the Saints fans for celebrating a rare goal, yet allow f@cking away fans to do what they like. Diallo is our main midfielder because he is young but he's useless. Ralph's job is safe because he costs too much to pay off. It's a f@cking p!ss take. They don't care about the Saints fans, who are just customers, who turn up week after week watching the same cr@p, told to sit there and do as they are told. This club is a disgrace for the sh!t we have been dished up. And now our great ambitious recruitment officer is off to Chelsea. Just about sums up Saints and this pathetic PL.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Joe Shields on 21:56 - Oct 12 with 1812 viewsRon11

Joe Shields on 21:21 - Oct 12 by Southamptonfan

If you still go to games and give this club your money, you're being taken for a fool. I won't go to games in the PL anymore, and won't go whilst they throw out the Saints fans for celebrating a rare goal, yet allow f@cking away fans to do what they like. Diallo is our main midfielder because he is young but he's useless. Ralph's job is safe because he costs too much to pay off. It's a f@cking p!ss take. They don't care about the Saints fans, who are just customers, who turn up week after week watching the same cr@p, told to sit there and do as they are told. This club is a disgrace for the sh!t we have been dished up. And now our great ambitious recruitment officer is off to Chelsea. Just about sums up Saints and this pathetic PL.

Absolutely, well said.
Joe Shields on 22:19 - Oct 12 with 1775 viewsPatfromPoole

You get to the point of thinking what’s the point.

Investing in top young players was almost our USP and made us (well, me anyway….) think it would give us our best chance to try and get away from the bottom of the Prem.

If the source of those top players sods off to one of the top clubs, along with the top players themselves (as they will ultimately) it just kills any chance we have.

Joe Shields on 22:28 - Oct 12 with 1735 viewscocklebreath

I think it’s time to just copy Brentford, surely we can do that?

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Joe Shields on 23:10 - Oct 12 with 1693 viewssaintwizzler

Joe Shields on 22:19 - Oct 12 by PatfromPoole

Investing in top young players was almost our USP and made us (well, me anyway….) think it would give us our best chance to try and get away from the bottom of the Prem.

If the source of those top players sods off to one of the top clubs, along with the top players themselves (as they will ultimately) it just kills any chance we have.

Then in the Radio Solent phone in last night Brown Nose Blackmore comparing our squad to the other PL teams and saying we should be glad to stay up.

Is he shagging Hassenhüttl or what?
Chuck the Kunt a pie and shut him up FFS.

Fummin

RANT OVER

Joe Shields on 10:17 - Oct 13 with 1451 viewsdirk_doone

Joe Shields on 23:10 - Oct 12 by saintwizzler

Then in the Radio Solent phone in last night Brown Nose Blackmore comparing our squad to the other PL teams and saying we should be glad to stay up.

Is he shagging Hassenhüttl or what?
Chuck the Kunt a pie and shut him up FFS.

Fummin

RANT OVER

We should consider ourselves lucky to even be allowed in the same stadium as a great media celebrity like Adam.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Joe Shields on 10:33 - Oct 13 with 1424 viewssaints__fan__73

Joe Shields on 22:19 - Oct 12 by PatfromPoole

Surely the best chance is doing what we did when we first got promoted? i.e developing our own youth team players to play in the 1st team and add a few experienced pros with our available transfer budget? We seem to have become drunk on the idea of buying young players and selling them for a huge profit which hasn't really worked since Mane and VVD who were very much bought by an old fashioned manager led approach.

We would seem to be in a very good position to do this as our Academy won the PL South last season.

We just seem to be pissing away a lot of money. Yes we may we'll make a (very) quick profit on Lavia but didn't we spend around £6m on Small who was deemed not even to be good enough by Port Vale? Are Fandabedozee and the dwarf LB really going to make the grade? Why are we paying money for players like this when our own young players are far further ahead in their development but as with Tella sent away to score goals for other teams...

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Joe Shields on 12:09 - Oct 13 with 1324 viewsGRIM

Let's just take a deep breath & consider exactly what Joe Shields has contributed to Saints.
Is Bazuna any better than Forster, not at the moment, probably will be but his wages are a fraction of FF's.
Is Lavia any better than Oriel Romeu, not at the moment but probably will be but he is also on a fraction of OR's wages.
Is Edozie any better than Shane Long or Nathan Tella or Nathan Redmond not at the moment, not sure he ever will be, but again he's on a fraction of their wages.
As for Juan Lorios, not sure why we signed him. He's not better than RP.
There's a common theme in all these moves.
We’ve improved our wage bill but not improved the quality of our team.
Based on last seasons results & the dodgy start to this season, it was quality we needed not potential.
So Bye Bye Joe & we'll move on without you.
Joe Shields on 13:15 - Oct 13 with 1234 viewssaintwizzler

Joe Shields on 10:17 - Oct 13 by dirk_doone

We should consider ourselves lucky to even be allowed in the same stadium as a great media celebrity like Adam.

Joe Shields on 13:30 - Oct 13 with 1210 viewsPatfromPoole

Joe Shields on 12:09 - Oct 13 by GRIM

Let's just take a deep breath & consider exactly what Joe Shields has contributed to Saints.
Is Bazuna any better than Forster, not at the moment, probably will be but his wages are a fraction of FF's.
Is Lavia any better than Oriel Romeu, not at the moment but probably will be but he is also on a fraction of OR's wages.
Is Edozie any better than Shane Long or Nathan Tella or Nathan Redmond not at the moment, not sure he ever will be, but again he's on a fraction of their wages.
As for Juan Lorios, not sure why we signed him. He's not better than RP.
There's a common theme in all these moves.
We’ve improved our wage bill but not improved the quality of our team.
Based on last seasons results & the dodgy start to this season, it was quality we needed not potential.
So Bye Bye Joe & we'll move on without you.

I think all those players you have mentioned could potentially re really good.

Mara however……

Joe Shields on 14:00 - Oct 13 with 1185 viewsPoirot

I didnt know who he was before he turned up and dont subscribe to the media driven bullshit that these people are 'gurus' Mitchell and that little squirt that went to Rangers from us other examples. He clearly is totally unprofessional going straight to the media and i wouldnt want that sort of person employed at SFC. Now its become clear that he could well of been passing/grassing our business to this Fab Romano bellend. Its certainly strange how he got info about our signings and now has the Shield story.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024