Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mordaunt 08:50 - Jul 12 with 8241 viewsPatfromPoole

From Torquay, so not really a Skate.

I think if she keeps things low-key, and just lets the others’ indiscretions over the years come to light, she could be home and hosed.

I think she might be the Tories’ only hope of winning in 2024.

Starmer would be better off against Sunak or Truss, I suspect.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Mordaunt on 09:29 - Jul 12 with 4191 viewsSaintNick

I would think that the Tories would be celebrating Starmer getting off the Currygate thing, if he had resigned then I think Labour would be looking a their ace in the pack Andy Burnham currently mayor of Manchester, at some stage he will be parachuted back into parliament in a safe seat and fast tracked to the labour leadership.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Mordaunt on 09:48 - Jul 12 with 4158 viewsPatfromPoole

Mordaunt on 09:29 - Jul 12 by SaintNick

I would think that the Tories would be celebrating Starmer getting off the Currygate thing, if he had resigned then I think Labour would be looking a their ace in the pack Andy Burnham currently mayor of Manchester, at some stage he will be parachuted back into parliament in a safe seat and fast tracked to the labour leadership.

I don’t think Starmer has done much wrong in the time he’s been Leader.

Getting Rayner in as deputy was a smart move.

They just need to make their election campaign more slick and I think they’ll be just fine.

Mordaunt on 09:50 - Jul 12 with 4156 viewsdwayne_dibley

rearranging deckchairs until Putin decides on a spot of nuclear winter to combat climate change

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Mordaunt on 10:15 - Jul 12 with 4138 viewsdirk_doone

Although her father was temporarily based near Torquay, he is from Portsmouth, she went to school in Waterlooville and she is Pompey through and through. She helped them a lot when they were trying to get out of paying their tax debts.

Penny Mordaunt
@Pompey

Pompey showed what needed to be done, and that it could be done. I’m following this closely and will do all I can to ensure no club has to go through what we did.

Government funding for a new stadium for Portsmouth would be one of her first acts as P.M.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 11:05]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mordaunt on 10:43 - Jul 12 with 4096 viewsdirk_doone

Mordaunt on 09:48 - Jul 12 by PatfromPoole

They just need to make their election campaign more slick and I think they’ll be just fine.

Whether someone would be a good leader or not is neither here nor there. We live in the era of the media personality and Starmer isn't one. When he appears on their TV screens, voters just yawn and change channels. They want to be entertained.

This Tory leadership selection process is a different matter, however. The majority of Tory Party members who'll be voting for the new leader are wealthy business people and all they're interested in is who will give them the biggest tax cuts.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 10:46]

Mordaunt on 11:05 - Jul 12 with 4051 viewsSadoldgit

Mordaunt on 10:43 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

Whether someone would be a good leader or not is neither here nor there. We live in the era of the media personality and Starmer isn't one. When he appears on their TV screens, voters just yawn and change channels. They want to be entertained.

This Tory leadership selection process is a different matter, however. The majority of Tory Party members who'll be voting for the new leader are wealthy business people and all they're interested in is who will give them the biggest tax cuts.

Not so sure. There aren’t many PMs you can say have that level of charisma. Blair was the last one before Johnson. Johnson was a complete disaster and I think people would prefer someone who is steady, competent and stable rather than another performing seal. If people want entertainment they can go on tik tok. With the state of things at the moment, competency has to count for more.
Mordaunt on 11:15 - Jul 12 with 4041 viewssolent_toffee

Mordaunt on 09:29 - Jul 12 by SaintNick

It would be great to get a good Evertonian in Downing Street. First item on his to do list would be to ban this FFP nonsense. Second, absolutely hammer tax on any grown man wearing full replica clobber to the match. Finally, a new law where you can’t support a team where you have zero connections to the area/city and my neighbour bought me a programme doesn’t count.

Votes Burnham.

He drinks in the same pub as me before the match, The Stuart, will update him with the above suggestions next season.
Mordaunt on 13:27 - Jul 12 with 3889 viewsBerber

Mordaunt on 09:48 - Jul 12 by PatfromPoole

Rayner is elected by the Labour Party membership in the same way as Starmer.
Login to get fewer ads

Mordaunt on 15:09 - Jul 12 with 3794 viewsericofarabia

Mordaunt on 11:15 - Jul 12 by solent_toffee

It would be great to get a good Evertonian in Downing Street. First item on his to do list would be to ban this FFP nonsense. Second, absolutely hammer tax on any grown man wearing full replica clobber to the match. Finally, a new law where you can’t support a team where you have zero connections to the area/city and my neighbour bought me a programme doesn’t count.

Votes Burnham.

He drinks in the same pub as me before the match, The Stuart, will update him with the above suggestions next season.

Burnham was MP for Leigh, but seemed more interested in his own career path within the Labour Party and now as Mayor of Manchester than improving anything for Leigh.
Not generally liked by most people I've met up here, and his plans for A Clear Air Zone in The Whole of Greater Manchester (over 3 times the size of The Isle of Wight!) with exorbitant charges would have cut off Leigh and heavily increased costs on deliveries etc. No obvious plans on how the revenue gained would be used either, but luckily been put back while alternative measures are assessed. Not extending The Metro into Leigh but putting in an absolutely useless Bus Way in instead didn't help either. Leigh is one of the largestt towns in uk without any train stations.
Mordaunt on 15:42 - Jul 12 with 3756 viewsChesham_Saint

Mordaunt on 10:43 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

All Tories are wealthy business people? Not the ones I know. Not all, anyway.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Mordaunt on 15:57 - Jul 12 with 3721 viewsBerber

Mordaunt on 11:05 - Jul 12 by Sadoldgit

Not so sure. There aren’t many PMs you can say have that level of charisma. Blair was the last one before Johnson. Johnson was a complete disaster and I think people would prefer someone who is steady, competent and stable rather than another performing seal. If people want entertainment they can go on tik tok. With the state of things at the moment, competency has to count for more.

If you were to say gravitas and charisma, I would agree with you 100%. So close, so very, very close.
Mordaunt on 16:03 - Jul 12 with 3722 viewsdirk_doone

Mordaunt on 15:42 - Jul 12 by Chesham_Saint

All Tories are wealthy business people? Not the ones I know. Not all, anyway.

I wrote, " The majority of Tory Party members who'll be voting for the new leader are wealthy business people."

Only 0.29 % of the British population are Tory Party members and the majority of them are wealthy business people. Unless you are a paid up party member yourself and attend their meetings, it would be unusual for you to know many of them. But, if you do, fair enough.

[Post edited 12 Jul 2022 16:11]

Mordaunt on 16:12 - Jul 12 with 3692 viewsBerber

Mordaunt on 16:03 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

I wrote, " The majority of Tory Party members who'll be voting for the new leader are wealthy business people."

Only 0.29 % of the British population are Tory Party members and the majority of them are wealthy business people. Unless you are a paid up party member yourself and attend their meetings, it would be unusual for you to know many of them. But, if you do, fair enough.

Probably most Labour Party members were the ones that signed up to get Corbyn and his cronies into power. It is all a farce.
Mordaunt on 19:09 - Jul 12 with 3581 viewsChesham_Saint

Mordaunt on 16:03 - Jul 12 by dirk_doone

I discuss politics with friends and acquaintances and most who are actually. party members be it Labour or Con aren’t too shy in admitting the same as they’re obviously quite passionate about it.

Mordaunt on 11:45 - Jul 13 with 3329 viewsPatfromPoole

Just seen Mordaunt’s campaign speech.

Speaks well.

She is going to get a lot of support from the public.

Mordaunt on 12:13 - Jul 13 with 3291 viewsdwayne_dibley

Mordaunt - would you?

Mordaunt on 12:41 - Jul 13 with 3269 viewsBerber

Mordaunt on 11:45 - Jul 13 by PatfromPoole

Just seen Mordaunt’s campaign speech.

Speaks well.

She is going to get a lot of support from the public.

They all have speech writers, we need to know how she stands up in a debate ( without all the c0ck).
Mordaunt on 13:18 - Jul 13 with 3248 viewsPatfromPoole

Mordaunt just announced as winning a YouGov poll amongst Tory members.

She is about to get royally stitched up by Sunak and Truss.

Mordaunt on 13:23 - Jul 13 with 3236 viewsPatfromPoole

Mordaunt on 12:41 - Jul 13 by Berber

They all have speech writers, we need to know how she stands up in a debate ( without all the c0ck).

Not as if Johnson turned up for many debates…..

Mordaunt on 15:11 - Jul 13 with 3176 viewsDorsetIan

Mordaunt on 13:18 - Jul 13 by PatfromPoole

I don't really get it, are the Tory Party so incorrigibly tribal that they would engage in tactical voting to deny someone with obvious appeal to their membership, and who is clearly not a complete headbanger, a place in the final two.

Truss is weird. Whatever her political credentials, she's weird - just like May was weird and just like Starmer is square as a box. And just like Sunak is as wet as a box of haddock. And Truss campaigned for remain!

Haven't the Tory Party had enough of being led by weirdos, headbangers or dishonest clowns? I think the country has.

At least Patel has been squeezed out. We've been spared the embarrassment of a complete moron running the country (although Braverman is still in the mix)...

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Mordaunt on 17:31 - Jul 13 with 3099 viewsSadoldgit

Mordaunt on 13:18 - Jul 13 by PatfromPoole

Apparently not many of them could pick her out from her picture though. She slipped in a crafty Thatcher and Falklands reference today which will appeal to many Gammons. Those who know about these things seem to think that they might try and stitch her up but at the moment you would have to say the final 2 being Sunak and Mordaunt and her winning.
Mordaunt on 17:59 - Jul 13 with 3054 viewsdwayne_dibley

Mordaunt on 17:31 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

Apparently not many of them could pick her out from her picture though. She slipped in a crafty Thatcher and Falklands reference today which will appeal to many Gammons. Those who know about these things seem to think that they might try and stitch her up but at the moment you would have to say the final 2 being Sunak and Mordaunt and her winning.

well there it is, Putin gets a Skate PM installed

Mordaunt on 19:57 - Jul 13 with 2977 viewsSouthamptonfan

How can you lot vote for any of these idiots? Just watch how the people running this country or want to run this country behave. This was today in parliament. I vote independent, a nurse who lives in the real world.

As for Mordaunt, what the equalities driven, trans activist ,women power activist who is Teresa May with big hair wanting a smaller state and a f@cking new ground for Pompey. Or the other choice is a f@cking billionaire who was fined for partying. At least one is from Southampton and not from that clapped out place down the road.
[Post edited 13 Jul 2022 19:59]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Mordaunt on 20:01 - Jul 13 with 2965 viewsChesham_Saint

Mordaunt on 17:31 - Jul 13 by Sadoldgit

Gammons? Oh the irony…..

Mordaunt on 20:41 - Jul 13 with 2925 viewsBazza

Mordaunt on 20:01 - Jul 13 by Chesham_Saint

Gammons? Oh the irony…..

Soggy can’t help himself and yet he describes himself as a liberal. Gammon is meant as an insult of course, can it be used for women?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024