Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hassenhutl's Legacy 21:06 - Aug 9 with 1881 viewsRon11

Saints humiliation was a question on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' tonight.
'Which Premier League club suffered 9-0 defeats in 2019 and again in 2021?
And the contestant knew the answer almost immediately.
What was funny though was seeing Redkrapp leave with nothing after answering the question 'Who played Rambo in the five movies' as Bruce Willis..after claiming it definitely wasn't Sylvester Stallone.
Hassenhutl's Legacy on 22:13 - Aug 9 with 1779 viewsPoirot

Its certainly his legacy alongside not being able to organise a team to do the basics.
Hassenhutl's Legacy on 10:54 - Aug 10 with 1558 viewsSaintNick

If Hasenhuttl had left this summer his legacy would have been to keep the team in the Premier League despite the owner being unable to fund the club and there being little transfer money available.

It would also have been to get us top of the League for the first time in 30 or so years and also reach an FA Cup semi final. How many managers have achieved that possibly only Lawrie McMenemy & Chris Nicholl.

Granted Hasenhuttl hasn't matched Claude Puel's record of 8th in the League and a major cup final, so on that basis I can understand why people want him out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 11:22 - Aug 10 with 1533 viewssaint68

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 10:54 - Aug 10 by SaintNick

If Hasenhuttl had left this summer his legacy would have been to keep the team in the Premier League despite the owner being unable to fund the club and there being little transfer money available.

It would also have been to get us top of the League for the first time in 30 or so years and also reach an FA Cup semi final. How many managers have achieved that possibly only Lawrie McMenemy & Chris Nicholl.

Granted Hasenhuttl hasn't matched Claude Puel's record of 8th in the League and a major cup final, so on that basis I can understand why people want him out

Two nine nil batterings....
Record league defeats..
Goals conceded...

That's his legacy

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 12:04 - Aug 10 with 1511 viewsDorsetIan

Getting us to the top of the league should be a point of pride but when it was following by freefall for the rest of the season it rather takes the shine of it.

Likewise getting to a winnable FA Cup semi-final and then not turning up.

When Hassenhuttl goes - and I suspect it will be soon now - he will be largely remembered as a (likeable but) flawed manager most notable for his extremes of failure.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 12:34 - Aug 10 with 1483 viewsMytchettSaint

Ian Branfoot never got us relegated and also took us to a Wembley final defeat during his tenure. How do you remember his time with us Nick?

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 12:57 - Aug 10 with 1455 viewsPatfromPoole

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 12:34 - Aug 10 by MytchettSaint

Ian Branfoot never got us relegated and also took us to a Wembley final defeat during his tenure. How do you remember his time with us Nick?

And an FA Cup quarter-final.

Which we might have won if it wasn’t for Gerald Fooking Ashby.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 14:45 - Aug 10 with 1366 viewsRon11

From 2018 to 2021 it was the 46 goals from Danny Ings that kept Saints up.
Hassenhutl's Legacy on 14:48 - Aug 10 with 1364 viewsfranniesTache

As much as i want him gone now his legacy for me will always be the 4-0 thrashing of the blue few at Fratton, the first time we'd won there since 84 and we took them apart.
Login to get fewer ads

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 15:49 - Aug 10 with 1293 viewskingslandstand1

To add to that, and it may be elsewhere on here, but the guy from Coral's on T/Sport was asked favourites to go down - B'mouth, Forest, Saints

1st manager to get the sack - our Ralph!

So not only depressive thoughts on here and general fan base (apart from Nick), but the bookies seem to back this up

FWIW, I'm thinking 16th or 17th but that may depend on the transfer window that's left, and then the panic buy in January
Hassenhutl's Legacy on 16:13 - Aug 10 with 1268 viewsPatfromPoole

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 15:49 - Aug 10 by kingslandstand1

To add to that, and it may be elsewhere on here, but the guy from Coral's on T/Sport was asked favourites to go down - B'mouth, Forest, Saints

1st manager to get the sack - our Ralph!

So not only depressive thoughts on here and general fan base (apart from Nick), but the bookies seem to back this up

FWIW, I'm thinking 16th or 17th but that may depend on the transfer window that's left, and then the panic buy in January

One of the guys they have on there from Coral is a Skate, and should be completely ignored.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 16:14]

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 17:08 - Aug 10 with 1193 viewskingslandstand1

Hassenhutl's Legacy on 16:13 - Aug 10 by PatfromPoole

One of the guys they have on there from Coral is a Skate, and should be completely ignored.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2022 16:14]

And he let's you know it as well! This wasn't him, but the guys on the radio are just the PR ones - not the odds makers and are sometimes surprised by the odds they have to read out
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024