Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Empty seats everywhere 10:44 - Oct 15 with 2971 viewsSouthamptonfan

Saturday's game could be lowest gate of the season. I won't go anymore. I know some season ticket holders who arn't going, as it's on TV. Unrestricted game, loads of West ham in the home end. It just gets more and more f@cking depressing. This is what's needed. Empty stadium to show our disgust. Can't see me ever returning unless we go down.

https://tickets.southamptonfc.com/selection/event/seat?perfId=101625142129&c
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 10:45]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Empty seats everywhere on 11:10 - Oct 15 with 2905 viewskingslandstand1

And your moniker is?
Empty seats everywhere on 11:12 - Oct 15 with 2902 views1ASIN12

Some of the blocks only have 10 seats available to it looks at lot worse then it is .

Having said that with the 150 odd seats in block one out of use and if you add it all up it probably adds to around 1,200-1500 seats not sold . Though I suspect by ko a few more will be sold and probably another attendance of over 30,000 again .

As you say though there will be loads of West Ham fans in the home sections and will take agars to sort out should they score and again upsetting many Saints fans .
Empty seats everywhere on 11:14 - Oct 15 with 2899 viewsSonicBoom

Well the game is on Sunday.
You won't go anymore.
And your username us Southampton fan.
Uh huh...
Empty seats everywhere on 11:22 - Oct 15 with 2883 viewsSouthamptonfan

Empty seats everywhere on 11:14 - Oct 15 by SonicBoom

Well the game is on Sunday.
You won't go anymore.
And your username us Southampton fan.
Uh huh...

Yes Southampton fan but no I won't go. Think battered wife syndrome. A battered wife shouldn't put up with it, even if she loves her husband. Those going to the games are being taken for fools. Not just results on the field, but our treatment in the stands. Saints don't f@cking care about us and neither does the premier league.......

Put up with the bad treatment if you like. It doesn't mean you arn't a fan because you refuse to be f@cking abused.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 11:26]

Empty seats everywhere on 11:44 - Oct 15 with 2842 viewsSalisburySaint

Game is not on TV

Arsenal the following week is, and that’s sold out
Empty seats everywhere on 11:48 - Oct 15 with 2835 viewsSouthamptonfan

Empty seats everywhere on 11:44 - Oct 15 by SalisburySaint

Game is not on TV

Arsenal the following week is, and that’s sold out

Surprise surprise. I'm sure there will be lots of hardcore traditional Saints fans from the backstreets of the city, paying £60 plus a ticket, during a cost of living crisis, for a category A game that we will lose. Not a tourist or Arsenal fan in sight, I'm sure.

This is why Saints don't care. If we go down though, they will be stuffed without the core support. They won't get all the tourists and and top 6 away fans then.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 11:50]

Empty seats everywhere on 11:57 - Oct 15 with 2809 viewsdwayne_dibley

Empty seats everywhere on 11:48 - Oct 15 by Southamptonfan

Surprise surprise. I'm sure there will be lots of hardcore traditional Saints fans from the backstreets of the city, paying £60 plus a ticket, during a cost of living crisis, for a category A game that we will lose. Not a tourist or Arsenal fan in sight, I'm sure.

This is why Saints don't care. If we go down though, they will be stuffed without the core support. They won't get all the tourists and and top 6 away fans then.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 11:50]

Rupert Lowe learnt that lesson

But it did lead to signing Rickie Lambert

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Empty seats everywhere on 17:08 - Oct 15 with 2501 viewsgrumpy

'loads of West ham in the home end'

That's right,because the club has not given its most vocal fans their own end.
I heard all the old arguments against making the Northam End a Home End but it will never make any sense to me.
Now we have a problem with the Itchen End.
With the cost of watching games now and the atmosphere so poor the future is not looking good.
In the Dell days we had poor games,poor teams but we always had a bonding through thick and thin,so different now.
Login to get fewer ads

Empty seats everywhere on 17:17 - Oct 15 with 2478 viewssaintwizzler

Empty seats everywhere on 17:08 - Oct 15 by grumpy

I heard all the old arguments against making the Northam End a Home End but it will never make any sense to me.
With the cost of watching games now and the atmosphere so poor the future is not looking good.
In the Dell days we had poor games,poor teams but we always had a bonding through thick and thin,so different now.

It’s about time the away fans were moved.

And JWP had a testimonial.

And Alex Le Tissier joins Saints Brass playing the bugle out of her lady parts.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Empty seats everywhere on 18:41 - Oct 15 with 2362 viewsBuggalugs

Empty seats everywhere on 17:08 - Oct 15 by grumpy

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Empty seats everywhere on 00:59 - Oct 16 with 2097 viewsdarthvader

Empty seats everywhere on 17:17 - Oct 15 by saintwizzler

It’s about time the away fans were moved.

And JWP had a testimonial.

And Alex Le Tissier joins Saints Brass playing the bugle out of her lady parts.

Only fans would pay to see that

keep the faith coyr

Empty seats everywhere on 09:31 - Oct 16 with 1938 viewsSaintNick

Empty seats everywhere on 00:59 - Oct 16 by darthvader

Only fans would pay to see that

Not being funny, it is easy to be a good supporter of a team when they are doing well, but it's when they are doing badly when a team finds out how good their supporters really are, being blunt we should be concentrating on supporting our own team rather than moaning about whether there will be West Ham fans in home areas, about block 1 & 2 being closed and a host of other things that have nothing to do with the game itself.

I dont care if there are 500 West Ham fans in the Itchen if we win the game.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Empty seats everywhere on 10:20 - Oct 16 with 1897 viewsgrumpy

Empty seats everywhere on 09:31 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

Not being funny, it is easy to be a good supporter of a team when they are doing well, but it's when they are doing badly when a team finds out how good their supporters really are, being blunt we should be concentrating on supporting our own team rather than moaning about whether there will be West Ham fans in home areas, about block 1 & 2 being closed and a host of other things that have nothing to do with the game itself.

'I dont care if there are 500 West Ham fans in the Itchen if we win the game'

I do if we lose a game.
Empty seats everywhere on 10:24 - Oct 16 with 1891 viewsSaintNick

Empty seats everywhere on 10:20 - Oct 16 by grumpy

I do if we lose a game.

Lol, that is my point, let's moan about it when it has happened not before

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Empty seats everywhere on 10:39 - Oct 16 with 1875 viewsgrumpy

Empty seats everywhere on 10:24 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

Lol, that is my point, let's moan about it when it has happened not before

But we know its going to happen.
Empty seats everywhere on 18:06 - Oct 16 with 1674 viewsSouthamptonfan

Didn't miss much by all accounts. Struggling to hold on to a point against a depleted West Ham by the sounds of it. Heard the atmosphere was terrible too.

Empty seats everywhere on 10:14 - Oct 17 with 1266 viewssaints__fan__73

Empty seats everywhere on 09:31 - Oct 16 by SaintNick

More absolute bollux routed in the past.

What you are saying made perfect sense in the 70s and 80s when the club were doing as well as it could reasonably be expected, you could turn up to watch a game and pay at the gate for literally a few pennies and footballers were not earning a huge amount more than the average wage and, on occasion, were even known to get the same bus home from town with the team. Supporting the team through tough times could very much be expected back then.

But now it shouldn't be!

We are owned by our latest clueless billionaire who knows f'k all about football and employs a load of marketing execs to badly run the club for him, it costs a fortune to watch a game and players make more in a week than just about every fan does in a year!

By continuing to turn up and dutifully support the team all you are doing is encouraging the owners to take the piss out of the fans and think they can do whatever they want and the mug punters will still turn up and hand over their wages.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2022 10:16]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Empty seats everywhere on 14:16 - Oct 17 with 1121 viewssaint901

There was certainly more of a sense of being part of a bond say 30 seasons ago. It was perhaps there when we were went down and back up the leagues. In the last I'm going to say 5 to 8 seasons, that has started to leak away. And it shows when we're a goal down at home and the ground is deathly quiet (except for the away fans).

In my humble opinion, there are a number of reasons for this. Certainly the cost of a ticket is one. Watching games on TV is cheaper, better view and if you don't really have a bias, probably more enjoyable.

Tourists are another. They will buy a ticket, a program, a shirt, souvenirs to take home. Good news for retail - bad news for supporting the club.

The PL cares nothing for fans - just TV money. Change a match from Sat 3pm to Monday 8pm or Sunday 12 noon - no problem. Inconvenience to fans? Not part of the equation.

Indifference to our fans from owners etc - yes.

Lack of connection between players and fans? yes.

Lack of engagement and explanations of vision, strategy, etc? Yes.

The whole commercial, playing and management staff have become too distant for many fans coming along for the first time to feel connected with. They don't recognise themselves in the players, coaches etc.

For our club, like many others, it's all about the image we have on TV and not about the fans.
Empty seats everywhere on 16:13 - Oct 17 with 1076 viewsChesham_Saint

Empty seats everywhere on 10:20 - Oct 16 by grumpy

I do if we lose a game.

There were at least 7 in the seats in front of me but credit where it’s due, they didn’t make themselves known and politely applauded when we scored, so I don’t really have a problem with that.

Thought the “only here to see the West Ham” (as if!) and “shit part of PortsMouth” chants from the main section of their fans were pretty cretinous though. 🥱🥱🥱

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024