Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greta Thunberg 09:09 - Nov 2 with 2784 viewsSaintNick

She has suddenly appeared in the news again, I wondered why, then i saw she has a new book out

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Greta Thunberg on 09:46 - Nov 2 with 2207 viewssaints__fan__73

I assume it's only available on Kindle though to reduce harm to the environment from pulping wood to make the paper, planes to send copies of the books to distrubuters and bookshops and people having to drive into towns to purchase a paper copy?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Greta Thunberg on 10:03 - Nov 2 with 2187 viewssaintwizzler

Must be a long old slog traveling around the world not using a fossil fuelled means of transport.
Have solar powered planes been invented yet?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Greta Thunberg on 10:17 - Nov 2 with 2166 viewsdwayne_dibley

having not gone to school can she read or write.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Greta Thunberg on 10:36 - Nov 2 with 2147 viewskingslandstand1

Greta Thunberg on 09:46 - Nov 2 by saints__fan__73

I assume it's only available on Kindle though to reduce harm to the environment from pulping wood to make the paper, planes to send copies of the books to distrubuters and bookshops and people having to drive into towns to purchase a paper copy?

And that she's got her push bike out to get to all these commercial plugging sessions around the world and any money she is making, other than basic cost of living I'll grant, is going to all of these wonderful causes
Greta Thunberg on 10:43 - Nov 2 with 2127 viewssaints__fan__73

Isn't she around 20 now? She still looks about 7...

Greta Thunberg on 11:33 - Nov 2 with 2090 viewsdwayne_dibley

would you?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Greta Thunberg on 11:42 - Nov 2 with 2072 viewssaints__fan__73

Greta Thunberg on 11:33 - Nov 2 by dwayne_dibley

would you?

No, the exertion may lead me to fart which will contribute to global warming.

Greta Thunberg on 13:09 - Nov 2 with 2000 viewsNewdawn2014

She got the attention at a very young age for a cause that affects the world, despite many obstacles .
Good for her .
Login to get fewer ads

Greta Thunberg on 13:22 - Nov 2 with 1991 viewsChesham_Saint

Greta Thunberg on 10:03 - Nov 2 by saintwizzler

Must be a long old slog traveling around the world not using a fossil fuelled means of transport.

Actually processes are well on the way whereby green aviation fuel can be generated utilizing wood waste.

Ultimately then when unsold copies of her book are pulped, she'll be able to fly with a clear conscience.

And wind her neck in.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Greta Thunberg on 13:43 - Nov 2 with 1963 viewsdarthvader

How dare she

keep the faith coyr

Greta Thunberg on 19:23 - Nov 2 with 1778 viewsSalisburySaint

Greta Thunberg on 10:43 - Nov 2 by saints__fan__73

Isn't she around 20 now? She still looks about 7...

She’s 19 now and in interview on 6 music said often gets boats and trains instead of planes to get between countries even though it takes longer
Greta Thunberg on 20:27 - Nov 2 with 1736 viewsRon11

Greta Thunberg on 19:23 - Nov 2 by SalisburySaint

She’s 19 now and in interview on 6 music said often gets boats and trains instead of planes to get between countries even though it takes longer

So she travels on a ferry from Scandinavia for her interview in London. A ferry which runs on thousands of gallons of diesel/heavy oil belching out toxic exhaust fumes all the way.
That's why cruise ships in docked in Southampton are now encouraged to use shore power because Southampton had one of the highest polluted atmospheres in the UK.
Same with diesel trains, how often are their exhaust gases tested for Nitrous Oxide content and their engines adjusted / repaired accordingly? It's all going into the air, so what point is the bug eyed freak trying to make?
Or did she travel by sailing ship and steam engine....
Greta Thunberg on 20:43 - Nov 2 with 1725 viewsWints76

Yep, looks like she did it by train. I don't know if they still have diesel trains on the continent

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/2022/11/02/greta-thunberg-troll-jeremy-vine/
Greta Thunberg on 21:40 - Nov 2 with 1694 views1885_SFC

Greta Thunberg on 20:27 - Nov 2 by Ron11

So she travels on a ferry from Scandinavia for her interview in London. A ferry which runs on thousands of gallons of diesel/heavy oil belching out toxic exhaust fumes all the way.
That's why cruise ships in docked in Southampton are now encouraged to use shore power because Southampton had one of the highest polluted atmospheres in the UK.
Same with diesel trains, how often are their exhaust gases tested for Nitrous Oxide content and their engines adjusted / repaired accordingly? It's all going into the air, so what point is the bug eyed freak trying to make?
Or did she travel by sailing ship and steam engine....

I believe with all the chickpeas, lentils & kidney beans that she eats, she probably farted her way over the North Sea to these fine shores like an old, punctured zeppelin balloon.

Old School is Cool

Greta Thunberg on 09:15 - Nov 3 with 1506 viewsSonicBoom

This site is often like the comments section of the Daily Mail. I despair.

So this kids shoots to prominence because she managed to speak out straight to the politicians about global warming. Kids her own age get behind it which can only be a good thing and they get into environmental issues.
She's not gluing herself to traffic lights, or throwing eggs at the Mona Lisa - she's trying to hold politicians to account and make them take the future seriously. Yet she gets stick about how she gets to the meetings - or whether she's fit FFS.
Maybe one day our kids will be wondering why we didn't take more notice of people like her. At least she's actually got off her ass and is doing something, which is way better than sitting back and slagging off others and doing nothing yourself.
Greta Thunberg on 09:47 - Nov 3 with 1480 viewssaintwizzler

Greta Thunberg on 09:15 - Nov 3 by SonicBoom

So this kids shoots to prominence because she managed to speak out straight to the politicians about global warming. Kids her own age get behind it which can only be a good thing and they get into environmental issues.
She's not gluing herself to traffic lights, or throwing eggs at the Mona Lisa - she's trying to hold politicians to account and make them take the future seriously. Yet she gets stick about how she gets to the meetings - or whether she's fit FFS.
Maybe one day our kids will be wondering why we didn't take more notice of people like her. At least she's actually got off her ass and is doing something, which is way better than sitting back and slagging off others and doing nothing yourself.

U OK HUN?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Greta Thunberg on 10:04 - Nov 3 with 1474 viewsChesham_Saint

The Daily Mail has a comments section? Who knew?

I think the main point here is that it’s not that climate change is being denied, it’s the sheer hypocrisy of campaigners who lecture all the “little people” about being green and then have a massive carbon footprint themselves.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Greta Thunberg on 10:06 - Nov 3 with 1471 viewsRon11

So she's going to donate all the proceeds of her book sales to Eco friendly projects rather than make a lot of money?
Greta Thunberg on 10:06 - Nov 3 with 1471 viewsBazza

Greta Thunberg on 09:47 - Nov 3 by saintwizzler

U OK HUN?

Guess Greta is not taking to task China and India the biggest pollution sources so like Extinction Rebellion she’s totally wasting her time.
Greta Thunberg on 10:31 - Nov 3 with 1445 viewsDorsetIan

Greta Thunberg on 10:06 - Nov 3 by Bazza

Guess Greta is not taking to task China and India the biggest pollution sources so like Extinction Rebellion she’s totally wasting her time.

Hopefully someone can bring your post to Greta’s attention, just in case she’s not come across this argument before.

While they’re at it, they can remind her that we all end up dead in the end, so what’s the f*cking point in any of it.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Greta Thunberg on 11:29 - Nov 3 with 1412 viewsSonicBoom

Greta Thunberg on 10:06 - Nov 3 by Ron11

So she's going to donate all the proceeds of her book sales to Eco friendly projects rather than make a lot of money?

Yeah that's right. She's doing it to make millions of pounds. She's not really serious about the issues.

Oh and she's going to do it all by zoom so she doesn't have to actually move and upset anyone.
Greta Thunberg on 17:07 - Nov 3 with 1317 viewskingslandstand1

Greta Thunberg on 10:04 - Nov 3 by Chesham_Saint

The Daily Mail has a comments section? Who knew?

I think the main point here is that it’s not that climate change is being denied, it’s the sheer hypocrisy of campaigners who lecture all the “little people” about being green and then have a massive carbon footprint themselves.

I wonder how many copies she will sell in China?
Greta Thunberg on 17:09 - Nov 3 with 1311 viewskingslandstand1

Greta Thunberg on 10:06 - Nov 3 by Bazza

Sorry Bazza, just seen this after posting above, but same sentiment

(oh, not in denial about climate change btw, just that the green brigade are targetting the wrong people)
Greta Thunberg on 23:50 - Nov 3 with 1213 viewsDorsetIan

Greta Thunberg on 17:09 - Nov 3 by kingslandstand1

Sorry Bazza, just seen this after posting above, but same sentiment

(oh, not in denial about climate change btw, just that the green brigade are targetting the wrong people)

Again, drop then a line. Point them in the right direction. I’m sure they‘d welcome hearing about your experiences of effective climate change campaigning.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Greta Thunberg on 08:48 - Nov 4 with 1156 viewsSaintNick

Greta Thunberg on 10:03 - Nov 2 by saintwizzler

She is travelling by a glider being towed by a replica of the Kon Tiki

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024