Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game 11:21 - Jan 8 with 2586 viewsSaintNick

There may be a late rush after the win at Palace, but as ist stand this morning, it looks like we will be lucky to top 20k for the visit of Manchester City in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:47 - Jan 8 with 1922 viewsSouthamptonfan

It's an 8pm kick off, people have work the next day, kids have school, we will 99% get beat, the admin fee is wrong, it's going to be wet and windy. Would rather watch lose on tv than go to all that effort. If we manage to get through by some miracle, then the semi finals will be sold out no problem. We will just get beat, so there's no point going.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:00 - Jan 8 with 1844 viewssledger

what an uplifting soul you are,not saying we will go through but city have a tough congested fixture list and will be no where near full strength so you never know
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:34 - Jan 8 with 1791 viewsPatfromPoole

Shocked at how many empty seats there are for Cardiff v Leeds, given the history behind that game.

Leeds have 6,500 fans there, probably not much less than Cardiff fans in the home sections…..

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:35 - Jan 8 with 1792 viewscocklebreath

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:00 - Jan 8 by sledger

what an uplifting soul you are,not saying we will go through but city have a tough congested fixture list and will be no where near full strength so you never know

City’s 3rd team probably cost twice as much as our first team

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:50 - Jan 8 with 1775 viewsSouthamptonfan

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:34 - Jan 8 by PatfromPoole

Shocked at how many empty seats there are for Cardiff v Leeds, given the history behind that game.

Leeds have 6,500 fans there, probably not much less than Cardiff fans in the home sections…..

Football isn't what it was. If Cardiff get through, and they meet Liverpool or any other top team, VAR will make sure they get knocked out, let alone the top teams being too good anyway. Wolves should have gone through yesterday, but it was Liverpool so they disallowed a perfectly good goal. Gotta have the money making teams in the final don't forget. And we are in a cost of living crisis. Not many people go on their own, so for families to go to one match it's about £100.

It was the same at Sheff Wednesday too. 15 000 empty seats. These clubs also lose fans to the top 6, all those glory hunters who won't watch league one football. Football is being spoilt.

And as for Saints, putting the prices up on the day of the game, I might have decided to go on the night, but not at higher prices than what other fans have paid plus an admin fee. Had they made it £10 for adults, £1 for kids all around the ground and on the day, I probably would have gone. That's about the right place to probably watch a thrashing, especially as we have the choice to watch on TV.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 15:08]

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 17:28 - Jan 8 with 1635 viewsfelly1

The 8pm kick off puts off an awful lot of fans with kids under 12.
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 19:38 - Jan 8 with 1531 viewsdwayne_dibley

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 17:28 - Jan 8 by felly1

The 8pm kick off puts off an awful lot of fans with kids under 12.

could leave the brats at home

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:25 - Jan 8 with 1470 viewsmushinexile

Well we could but then who would we put on the teamsheet?
Login to get fewer ads

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:35 - Jan 8 with 1448 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:50 - Jan 8 by Southamptonfan

Football isn't what it was. If Cardiff get through, and they meet Liverpool or any other top team, VAR will make sure they get knocked out, let alone the top teams being too good anyway. Wolves should have gone through yesterday, but it was Liverpool so they disallowed a perfectly good goal. Gotta have the money making teams in the final don't forget. And we are in a cost of living crisis. Not many people go on their own, so for families to go to one match it's about £100.

It was the same at Sheff Wednesday too. 15 000 empty seats. These clubs also lose fans to the top 6, all those glory hunters who won't watch league one football. Football is being spoilt.

And as for Saints, putting the prices up on the day of the game, I might have decided to go on the night, but not at higher prices than what other fans have paid plus an admin fee. Had they made it £10 for adults, £1 for kids all around the ground and on the day, I probably would have gone. That's about the right place to probably watch a thrashing, especially as we have the choice to watch on TV.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 15:08]

VAR didn’t disallow the goal though, the AR did, as VAR literally did nothing around that goal, which unfortunately was unclear to the VAR officials at the time. As they couldn’t see the player so therefore couldn’t overrule the on field decision.
But after seeing an angle of the incident, he is onside, so that’s the mess up of the linesman, but not VAR, as it’s the camera crew that need to get the better angles for incidents like this, as VAR was just keeping to what they had to do.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:42 - Jan 8 with 1438 viewsSouthamptonfan

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:35 - Jan 8 by SFC_Referee

VAR didn’t disallow the goal though, the AR did, as VAR literally did nothing around that goal, which unfortunately was unclear to the VAR officials at the time. As they couldn’t see the player so therefore couldn’t overrule the on field decision.
But after seeing an angle of the incident, he is onside, so that’s the mess up of the linesman, but not VAR, as it’s the camera crew that need to get the better angles for incidents like this, as VAR was just keeping to what they had to do.

He was clearly onside. They had the same replays that we had. The lines weren't needed, just a replay. Why didn't they just tell the ref he was onside from the replay we all saw? Funny that, VAR doesn't work at Anfield, when they were about to be knocked out. VAR wasn't needed, just a common sense, "it's definitely onside ref" word in the ear. Just corrupt.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2023 20:43]

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:52 - Jan 8 with 1419 viewscocklebreath

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:42 - Jan 8 by Southamptonfan

He was clearly onside. They had the same replays that we had. The lines weren't needed, just a replay. Why didn't they just tell the ref he was onside from the replay we all saw? Funny that, VAR doesn't work at Anfield, when they were about to be knocked out. VAR wasn't needed, just a common sense, "it's definitely onside ref" word in the ear. Just corrupt.

I agree it is corrupt, I’d be fuming if I was a Wolves player/fan/manager. Football is so scummy

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 21:33 - Jan 8 with 1376 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:42 - Jan 8 by Southamptonfan

Well no they didn’t, as the offside player was the one that took the corner, and the images they had at the time didn’t have him in it, meaning that they couldn’t overrule the infield decision.
Whether that’s the FA’s, meadia’s, IFAB’s fault etc, I’m not too sure, but hopefully they’ll make sure that doesn’t happen again

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 21:35 - Jan 8 with 1374 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 20:52 - Jan 8 by cocklebreath

I agree it is corrupt, I’d be fuming if I was a Wolves player/fan/manager. Football is so scummy

I dunno about corruption, although I do agree that it is very unfair on wolves with the clips that have been released this morning, and how the linesman gave it as offside I’m quite confused by as he is on by a small, but still fairly clear distance

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 21:55 - Jan 8 with 1357 viewsSouthamptonfan

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 21:33 - Jan 8 by SFC_Referee

Well no they didn’t, as the offside player was the one that took the corner, and the images they had at the time didn’t have him in it, meaning that they couldn’t overrule the infield decision.
Whether that’s the FA’s, meadia’s, IFAB’s fault etc, I’m not too sure, but hopefully they’ll make sure that doesn’t happen again

So the camera angles that the TV pundits had access to (showing the viewing audience he was onside), were not available to the officials? You really believe that?

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 23:02 - Jan 8 with 1309 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 21:55 - Jan 8 by Southamptonfan

So the camera angles that the TV pundits had access to (showing the viewing audience he was onside), were not available to the officials? You really believe that?

Ok I’m not sure if your aware as to who was supposedly offside? As if you watch any highlights from that game that’s not been released today (like this one from the FA Cup or MOTD, then you’ll see that when the balls played back out to the corner taker, he’s not in the camera shot for any bar one shot.
As the the one camera angle where he is in the shot (which you can see on yesterdays MOTD at 1:19:49), they can’t definitively see of whether Trent’s playing him on or not, as it’s at too much of a 2D angle to be able to use the usual things they do to work out offsides.
As even the pundits on ITV all thought it was the correct decision after the game had ended, as they saw exactly what VAR did.

As really it’s only been this morning when 2 new angles have been shown, that we now know he’s 100% onside, as really nobody really knew yesterday (hence why the on field decisions stood) whether he was on or offside.

But this is exactly why that offside tech being used in the World Cup is needed for the prem as it’ll just end all this once and for all, and won’t mean that AR’s mistakes with offsides like yesterday

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:30 - Jan 9 with 1194 viewsericofarabia

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 23:02 - Jan 8 by SFC_Referee

Ok I’m not sure if your aware as to who was supposedly offside? As if you watch any highlights from that game that’s not been released today (like this one from the FA Cup or MOTD, then you’ll see that when the balls played back out to the corner taker, he’s not in the camera shot for any bar one shot.
As the the one camera angle where he is in the shot (which you can see on yesterdays MOTD at 1:19:49), they can’t definitively see of whether Trent’s playing him on or not, as it’s at too much of a 2D angle to be able to use the usual things they do to work out offsides.
As even the pundits on ITV all thought it was the correct decision after the game had ended, as they saw exactly what VAR did.

As really it’s only been this morning when 2 new angles have been shown, that we now know he’s 100% onside, as really nobody really knew yesterday (hence why the on field decisions stood) whether he was on or offside.

But this is exactly why that offside tech being used in the World Cup is needed for the prem as it’ll just end all this once and for all, and won’t mean that AR’s mistakes with offsides like yesterday

The confusion as to who was offside would have been nipped in the bud if the linos were allowed to flag at the time if the incident not 30 seconds later🙄

Oh and a live mic on ref and var room so that everybody knows exactly what is being reviewed
[Post edited 9 Jan 2023 11:32]
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:57 - Jan 9 with 1169 viewssaints__fan__73

I've got 3 tickets. One for yours truly, one for my Arsenal supporting neighbour and one for his Liverpool supporting step-son.

There aren't going to be many chance to see City, and possibly Haaland, in the foreseeable future.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:59 - Jan 9 with 1162 viewssaint22

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 21:33 - Jan 8 by SFC_Referee

Please stop trying to defend this corrupt/incompetent/useless/crAp

in 2023 are you seriously telling me in a large football stadium with all the available technology they can't cover every angle for offside, total BS

They managed to detect 0.5of a mm in the WC that Japans ball didn't cross the line yet the PL cant get an offside correctly covered

Its BS, or idiocy, which given the PL and this country isn't unlikely
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:17 - Jan 9 with 1086 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:30 - Jan 9 by ericofarabia

The confusion as to who was offside would have been nipped in the bud if the linos were allowed to flag at the time if the incident not 30 seconds later🙄

Oh and a live mic on ref and var room so that everybody knows exactly what is being reviewed

The live mic I’m not too certain on as they don’t have them for a reason, and that’s because of all the o field swearing that the officials get and say back to players etc…
But having a short interview after the game to simply only discuss their decisions, but not answer questions around it (as in so they’d go up and explain why each major decision was made), would help as it would clear up of why certain things happen and also help to actually teach the fans the LOTG so they understand better of why refs sometimes have no choice

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 14:22 - Jan 9 with 1075 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:59 - Jan 9 by saint22

Please stop trying to defend this corrupt/incompetent/useless/crAp

in 2023 are you seriously telling me in a large football stadium with all the available technology they can't cover every angle for offside, total BS

They managed to detect 0.5of a mm in the WC that Japans ball didn't cross the line yet the PL cant get an offside correctly covered

Its BS, or idiocy, which given the PL and this country isn't unlikely

Ok but it’s not BS, as I know many fans will act like little kids when they don’t get there ways, and sometimes are just complete idiots in doing so as the decisions were correct in law, other times have a point as they were incorrect, but still don’t need to act like they do.

As the goal line tech has the angles it needs at all times because the goals aren’t consistently moving as well as the goal line itself, as nether of which move at all, whilst in offsides both the second to last defensive player and the attacker do.
As yeah I’ve certainly seen some very baffling decisions before which have no explanations whatsoever, but this ain’t one of them as there’s a reason why even the ITV pundits thought they’d come to the correct decision after the game, and until the 2 new angles were released the next day, nobody was certain as to whether the linesman got it right or not

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 15:08 - Jan 9 with 1045 viewscocklebreath

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:57 - Jan 9 by saints__fan__73

I've got 3 tickets. One for yours truly, one for my Arsenal supporting neighbour and one for his Liverpool supporting step-son.

There aren't going to be many chance to see City, and possibly Haaland, in the foreseeable future.

What a gimp, you’re going to see Haaland, make sure you take plenty of photos

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 15:20 - Jan 9 with 1038 viewssaints__fan__73

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 15:08 - Jan 9 by cocklebreath

What a gimp, you’re going to see Haaland, make sure you take plenty of photos

What else is left?

We've ceased to be a football club concerned with winning games of football.

I think you may be more of a 'gimp' for continuing to give your money to our owners on a regular basis.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 22:18 - Jan 9 with 905 viewssledger

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:30 - Jan 9 by ericofarabia

i thought the linos had been instructed not to flag on tight calls,just leave it to var which in this case would see the goal rightly stand
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 22:18 - Jan 9 with 903 viewshedgeend61

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 11:57 - Jan 9 by saints__fan__73

You're having a bubble right?

Going to SMS see City's allstars, think the fan in your monika says it all, most of the boys on here are supporters, not fans, who go and support when we're good or shite, and don't give a monkey's about the opposition.

Stay at home and watch Haaland on the box with a mug of cocoa, we don't need queens like you up there.
Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 23:40 - Jan 9 with 840 viewsSFC_Referee

Around 12-13,000 Tickets Left For City Game on 22:18 - Jan 9 by sledger

i thought the linos had been instructed not to flag on tight calls,just leave it to var which in this case would see the goal rightly stand

No, they’re just told to delay their flags, so that it doesn’t impact that phase of play but the correct restarts given unless VAR needs to intervene. But yeah they’re still meant to flag as they only won’t when the restart beforehand is better for the defensive team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024