Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really thougth i would 09:21 - Feb 6 with 3744 viewsButty101

Wake up today to the news the Jones boy has gone. Imagine my disappointment!

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

I really thougth i would on 09:34 - Feb 6 with 2655 viewsSaintNick

Give them time they have to get a plan B sorted first

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

I really thougth i would on 09:48 - Feb 6 with 2606 viewsDorsetIan

I don't think time is helping him.

900+ people logged on to an online discussion last night on the subject of 'Jones Out'. (Including Lavia!)

Jones Out all over twitter.

Noone can find a good word to say about him.

The thing that is really getting me is that he has picked up 3 points from 7 games and added -9 to the goal difference and yet he somehow thinks that there is a planet on which it is OK for him to say 'OK, that's it, it's time to do it my way'!

The board can give him the Wolves games, miss out on more points and create the most toxic atmosphere that St Mary's has seen in a long long time. Or they can put everyone (including him) out of their misery.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

I really thougth i would on 09:48 - Feb 6 with 2610 viewsdirk_doone

Well it's 11.10am and the announcement hasn't been made so I'll delete that rumour as I don't want to raise anyone's hopes.
[Post edited 6 Feb 2023 11:13]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

I really thougth i would on 10:09 - Feb 6 with 2518 viewsBridders2

Who would we get in? Please not Lampard, Alladyce saved Everton from relegation by organising their defence but he's probably too old now? Bielsa rejected Everton because he judged their defensive players to be too slow, so can you say that about our defence? Whoever it is has to have 'top league experience'.
The other big mistake SR made was giving NJ a 4 year contract! I would have thought 2 years would have been prudent, so now they have to pay him £8m + the £2m that went to Luton in compensation. What a mess!!!
I really thougth i would on 10:20 - Feb 6 with 2492 viewsdirk_doone

I really thougth i would on 10:09 - Feb 6 by Bridders2

Who would we get in? Please not Lampard, Alladyce saved Everton from relegation by organising their defence but he's probably too old now? Bielsa rejected Everton because he judged their defensive players to be too slow, so can you say that about our defence? Whoever it is has to have 'top league experience'.
The other big mistake SR made was giving NJ a 4 year contract! I would have thought 2 years would have been prudent, so now they have to pay him £8m + the £2m that went to Luton in compensation. What a mess!!!

We have made some poor managers very rich. We gave Mark Hughes a similar sum.

I really thougth i would on 10:29 - Feb 6 with 2446 viewsSFC_Referee

I really thougth i would on 09:34 - Feb 6 by SaintNick

If anything it’s more of a plan C
But yeah well he won’t be going until after the Wolves game as that’s the big one now that we really need to win, not only for how much we need the points but also to stop another team getting that bit too far ahead of us.

As if we loose that game and NJ ain’t sacked, then we are well and truly in for it!

Poll: Who’s everyone’s player of the season?

I really thougth i would on 10:30 - Feb 6 with 2441 views1885_SFC

It could be that both Saints & Leeds sack their managers today.

Old School is Cool

I really thougth i would on 10:31 - Feb 6 with 2441 viewsmushinexile

I cannot see why the club would have to pay out his contract. He has failed to do what he was hired to do so see you in court, mister.
Login to get fewer ads

I really thougth i would on 10:32 - Feb 6 with 2426 viewsBridders2

I really thougth i would on 10:20 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

We have made some poor managers very rich. We gave Mark Hughes a similar sum.

Mark Hughes had plenty of PL experience, did the job and saved us from relegation so he was worth it. The club has raked in hundreds of millions because of that appointment.

This joker is the complete opposite
I really thougth i would on 10:40 - Feb 6 with 2378 viewsDorsetIan

I really thougth i would on 10:31 - Feb 6 by mushinexile

I cannot see why the club would have to pay out his contract. He has failed to do what he was hired to do so see you in court, mister.

If he had any sense, he'd so a deal with SR and leave 'by mutual consent'. He's get some money but not the whole contact paid out.

At the moment, his time at Saints is a complete embarrassment for him. He doesn't strike me as someone who takes well to being embarrassed.

Leaving with some modicum of self-respect (jumped not pushed) might be attractive to him.

He's failed big time. He has to know that. He has to know that getting any sort of payment would be a a p!ss take in the circumstances.

I really thougth i would on 10:44 - Feb 6 with 2361 viewsdirk_doone

I really thougth i would on 10:32 - Feb 6 by Bridders2

Mark Hughes had plenty of PL experience, did the job and saved us from relegation so he was worth it. The club has raked in hundreds of millions because of that appointment.

This joker is the complete opposite

Hughes' record was worse than Pellegrino's. It was a bit like the Ralph and Jones situation. But, we were not in the bottom 3 when Hughes took over and we stayed in the same position from Pellegrino's last game until the end of the season.

Hughes was almost as bad as Jones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers

I really thougth i would on 10:51 - Feb 6 with 2306 viewsgrumpy

Leave it till the Wolves game and it will be too late.
I really thougth i would on 10:53 - Feb 6 with 2302 viewsButty101

I really thougth i would on 10:44 - Feb 6 by dirk_doone

Hughes' record was worse than Pellegrino's. It was a bit like the Ralph and Jones situation. But, we were not in the bottom 3 when Hughes took over and we stayed in the same position from Pellegrino's last game until the end of the season.

Hughes was almost as bad as Jones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Southampton_F.C._managers

I know this isnt going to happen, but could you imagine the buzz around the place if we got Poch back until the end of the season.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

I really thougth i would on 10:59 - Feb 6 with 2262 viewskernow

Pity Alf McMinn is no longer available.
I really thougth i would on 11:00 - Feb 6 with 2259 viewsdwayne_dibley

I really thougth i would on 10:30 - Feb 6 by 1885_SFC

It could be that both Saints & Leeds sack their managers today.

swapsies?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

I really thougth i would on 11:00 - Feb 6 with 2258 viewsBridders2

Hughes saved us from relegation, but agreed he was terrible the next season and had to go sharpish. But he did the job he was asked to do....keep us up.
I really thougth i would on 11:04 - Feb 6 with 2224 views1885_SFC

I really thougth i would on 10:40 - Feb 6 by DorsetIan

If he had any sense, he'd so a deal with SR and leave 'by mutual consent'. He's get some money but not the whole contact paid out.

At the moment, his time at Saints is a complete embarrassment for him. He doesn't strike me as someone who takes well to being embarrassed.

Leaving with some modicum of self-respect (jumped not pushed) might be attractive to him.

He's failed big time. He has to know that. He has to know that getting any sort of payment would be a a p!ss take in the circumstances.

He knows he's failed. The stats don't lie.

Worryingly, reading between the lines of this sh1t-show, it seems to me that he's pissed off a good number of players over at Staplewood and the fella obviously has his favourites that will work for him.

The trouble is - these players aren't our better ones. I bet the mood over at the training ground this morning is toxic to say the least. No doubt Jones will have them all in for a meeting first thing & tell them that from now on, this is how it's going to be. I can't see the gloom hanging over the team being lifted by the manager however - not if they think he'll be gone very soon now.

Old School is Cool

I really thougth i would on 11:16 - Feb 6 with 2181 viewsDorsetIan

I really thougth i would on 11:04 - Feb 6 by 1885_SFC

He knows he's failed. The stats don't lie.

Worryingly, reading between the lines of this sh1t-show, it seems to me that he's pissed off a good number of players over at Staplewood and the fella obviously has his favourites that will work for him.

The trouble is - these players aren't our better ones. I bet the mood over at the training ground this morning is toxic to say the least. No doubt Jones will have them all in for a meeting first thing & tell them that from now on, this is how it's going to be. I can't see the gloom hanging over the team being lifted by the manager however - not if they think he'll be gone very soon now.

We've all worked with people who are out of their depth, who try to act as if everything is fine, but whose faults are there for all to see.

Got to pity the players having to suffer this idiot for much longer.

I really thougth i would on 11:28 - Feb 6 with 2136 viewskernow

The World is run by confident fools.
I really thougth i would on 11:38 - Feb 6 with 2082 viewsdirk_doone

I really thougth i would on 11:00 - Feb 6 by Bridders2

Hughes saved us from relegation, but agreed he was terrible the next season and had to go sharpish. But he did the job he was asked to do....keep us up.

Fair enough. That is the consensus of opnion. I'm in the minority in thinking he just kept us in exactly the same position (17th) we were in when he replaced Pellegrino. There was a bit of a new manager bounce and whether those wins against Bournemouth and Swansea would have happned anyway is debatable. I just didn't like Hughes and was glad when we got rid of him.

I really thougth i would on 11:39 - Feb 6 with 2080 viewsRipleys_revenge

I think he’ll still be here for the wolves game which will lead to the absurd situation of having the majority of fans actively hoping we lose. Ultimately he’ll scrape a 1-1 draw and this will be enough for Ankersen to double down on his “I’m a tech bro football disruptor, no one else can touch my ted talk condescension” shtick, keeping jones in post for another couple of weeks. Well then lose them both and bingo - at that point it really is game over. Happy Monday :)
I really thougth i would on 11:41 - Feb 6 with 2069 viewsHollywood56

I would like to see the board at least approach Poch, offer him the job until the end of the season, IF he keeps us up then they can renegotiate, if we go down he's free to leave sharpish.
JUST A PIPE DREAM I KNOW!!!!!
I really thougth i would on 11:52 - Feb 6 with 2027 viewskingolaf

I really thougth i would on 09:34 - Feb 6 by SaintNick

Plan A first. We have zero chance of beating Wolves with Jones in charge.

He’s alienated just about everyone at the club.
I really thougth i would on 12:15 - Feb 6 with 1938 viewshedgeend61

Talksport understand he's been given more time, lets hope it's no longer than 3pm today
I really thougth i would on 12:16 - Feb 6 with 1934 viewsA1079

Assuming the team and manager did not meet yesterday (but they may have done) I cannot imagine what the atmosphere was like this morning when they all met up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024