Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst manager this season 10:28 - Apr 16 with 3040 viewsPatfromPoole

I could spend all day trying to think about this.

Valid claims for all three.

Selles is making a very serious claim for this accolade though.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Worst manager this season on 11:07 - Apr 16 with 2329 viewsinthebox

Ralph simply ran out of ideas how turn average and inexperienced players into a PL team, nathan thought he had the answer, go back to basics but found the players didn't have a clue what he was talking about, these players have been raised on the skinny latte style of the beautiful game. Ruben who favours Skinny Latte but si is simply out of his depth when it comes to a relegation battle.You could that with the way he managed yesterdays game, FAR TOO CAUTIOUS we were at home for f**ks sake.
Worst manager this season on 11:18 - Apr 16 with 2311 viewsRon11

Selles.
Hassenhutl was way past the sell by date. Jones tried to change things but lacked Premiership experience, media savvy and man management skills ( how to deal with prima donnas).
I don't think Selles has ANY actual playing experience, which is surely an absolute essential for any manager, especially in this league.
At this moment in time I'd rather see Nigel Adkins in there than this clown.
Worst manager this season on 11:19 - Apr 16 with 2308 viewsPatfromPoole

Worst manager this season on 11:18 - Apr 16 by Ron11

Selles.
Hassenhutl was way past the sell by date. Jones tried to change things but lacked Premiership experience, media savvy and man management skills ( how to deal with prima donnas).
I don't think Selles has ANY actual playing experience, which is surely an absolute essential for any manager, especially in this league.

Selles is something of a nomadic data analyst.

A poor man’s Mourinho, possibly.

Worst manager this season on 11:22 - Apr 16 with 2309 viewsobelisk

Selles is the one consistent feature of the coaching team this season. He's just Ralph 2.0.
Worst manager this season on 11:38 - Apr 16 with 2292 viewsPatfromPoole

Worst manager this season on 11:22 - Apr 16 by obelisk

Selles is the one consistent feature of the coaching team this season. He's just Ralph 2.0.

I think he was largely sidelined by the Welsh idiot.

Arguably for good reason….

Worst manager this season on 12:06 - Apr 16 with 2244 viewsdwayne_dibley

OR! has he been told to play the young players that Sports Republic think they can move on in the summer for revenue.

SR can see it is a lost cause and what to maximise income from the end of PL firesale

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Worst manager this season on 12:36 - Apr 16 with 2213 viewskingslandstand1

Worst manager this season on 12:06 - Apr 16 by dwayne_dibley

OR! has he been told to play the young players that Sports Republic think they can move on in the summer for revenue.

SR can see it is a lost cause and what to maximise income from the end of PL firesale

You synic, however it wouldn't be a surprise
Worst manager this season on 12:54 - Apr 16 with 2180 viewsPatfromPoole

Worst manager this season on 12:06 - Apr 16 by dwayne_dibley

Edozie has hardly had a look-in….

Walcott and Elyounoussi are both out of contract in the summer, but both consistently getting game time…..

Login to get fewer ads

Worst manager this season on 13:36 - Apr 16 with 2113 viewsIfonly

Worst manager this season on 11:18 - Apr 16 by Ron11

Selles.

Selles didn't have any playing experience but that's not essential. Ever heard of Jose Mourinho? The bigger issue was that he had no managerial experience. He was appointed by SR to his first managerial role in the toughest job in the toughest league in the world. Not really a surprise that he failed. He was a pure gamble.
Worst manager this season on 14:19 - Apr 16 with 2062 viewsdwayne_dibley

Worst manager this season on 13:36 - Apr 16 by Ifonly

Selles didn't have any playing experience but that's not essential. Ever heard of Jose Mourinho? The bigger issue was that he had no managerial experience. He was appointed by SR to his first managerial role in the toughest job in the toughest league in the world. Not really a surprise that he failed. He was a pure gamble.

probably cheapish

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Worst manager this season on 15:19 - Apr 16 with 2000 viewsWestEndBoy

I think Jones was treated poorly and as a fan base we didn’t cover ourselves in glory.add to that the media who stoked things up even more .He was given an opportunity and quite rightly took it , this group of misfits are unmanageable . Saints has been allowed to become a haven for players that can hide and only put in 50% shifts and we as a fan base have allowed that to happen and allowed the owners to ruin a once great club that worked so hard to get back up again. Serious questions needed to be asked and people held accountable for total mismanagement of the club
Worst manager this season on 15:49 - Apr 16 with 1951 viewsmushinexile

No. I'm not buying that at all. The fans have no power and only marginal influence. To suggest that "they let it happen" is pretty arrogant, to be fair.

The club was bought by a group of nihilists who though that if you bought a load of cheap work experience boys and put them in a premiership team then you could magically sell them on for lots of money as premier league footballers.

Anybody who was not suffering from the Dunning Kruger effect would see the flaw in the cunning plan which has pretty well bankrupted the club and destroyed its spirit.

Southampton Football Club is now a thing of the past. The name will go on but it will never again be the thing we supported, revered and were fiercely proud of.
Worst manager this season on 16:03 - Apr 16 with 1906 viewscocklebreath

Worst manager this season on 15:49 - Apr 16 by mushinexile

No. I'm not buying that at all. The fans have no power and only marginal influence. To suggest that "they let it happen" is pretty arrogant, to be fair.

The club was bought by a group of nihilists who though that if you bought a load of cheap work experience boys and put them in a premiership team then you could magically sell them on for lots of money as premier league footballers.

Anybody who was not suffering from the Dunning Kruger effect would see the flaw in the cunning plan which has pretty well bankrupted the club and destroyed its spirit.

Southampton Football Club is now a thing of the past. The name will go on but it will never again be the thing we supported, revered and were fiercely proud of.

Unless we get so bad we end up buying it ourselves after countless administrations

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Worst manager this season on 16:08 - Apr 16 with 1899 viewscocklebreath

After buying the club we can ban mobile phones, put in safe standing, get stewards to throw out any away fans being dicks whilst allowing bad behaviour of our fans, tell the police we are putting the away fans in the corner, having stripes on the back or our shirts like all the other striped teams and no fans of other clubs allowed for a day out, lf there’s only 20000 proper fans thats better than 30000 diluted lame fans

Worst manager this season on 16:11 - Apr 16 with 1915 views1ASIN12

Worst manager this season on 11:22 - Apr 16 by obelisk

Exactly that,

Selles came in in the summer with a load of other coaches to improve us. Well we never improved.

I do wonder if when Joness said he listend too much to ther people if it was Selles he was on about -not that i think Jones was good for us but just maybe he was not strong enogh to force his ideas on the team.

Having said all that we have a bottom 6 squad of players and it was all about if the manager (s) could finish 6th bottom rather then bottom.
Worst manager this season on 16:29 - Apr 16 with 1893 viewsmushinexile

Worst manager this season on 16:03 - Apr 16 by cocklebreath

Unless we get so bad we end up buying it ourselves after countless administrations

Now that would be a worthy aspiration but the debt burden?
Worst manager this season on 16:41 - Apr 16 with 1879 viewsWestEndBoy

We have let it happen in a sense of being so passive in support , some of the performances that have been dished up in the last couple of years have been a disgrace and other than a few boos at the end of a game that’s all that happens. Can you imagine what would happen at an Everton or West Ham if they were run so appallingly for such a prolonged period of time with performances to match .
Worst manager this season on 16:46 - Apr 16 with 1853 viewscocklebreath

Worst manager this season on 16:41 - Apr 16 by WestEndBoy

We have let it happen in a sense of being so passive in support , some of the performances that have been dished up in the last couple of years have been a disgrace and other than a few boos at the end of a game that’s all that happens. Can you imagine what would happen at an Everton or West Ham if they were run so appallingly for such a prolonged period of time with performances to match .

I reckon 30% of the crowd are neutrals these days, I’m from Basingstoke and I know so many people who take there kids just to see premier league football, if the crowd is that diluted no wonder the atmosphere has died

Worst manager this season on 17:03 - Apr 16 with 1826 viewsSouthamptonfan

Worst manager this season on 16:46 - Apr 16 by cocklebreath

I reckon 30% of the crowd are neutrals these days, I’m from Basingstoke and I know so many people who take there kids just to see premier league football, if the crowd is that diluted no wonder the atmosphere has died

I think you're right with this. I had about 20 students from Ecuador near me yesterday, wearing yellow shirts and taking pictures. I know a few too, who just go and watch a few PL games, often to get a glimpse of the top PL players. I also know a good number of proper Saints fans, who can't afford £50 a ticket (each) and mixed in with that, Saints fans who hate the PL and the rules and regulations and VAR. And now ofcourse, even those who can afford it are choosing not to go, as we don't ever win.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 17:04]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Worst manager this season on 17:10 - Apr 16 with 1811 viewsJellybaby

I actually think the managerial decisions have got progressively worse.

Yes, Ralph was running out of steam and probably patience with the striker situation, but he had the ability to keep us up as he had amply proved in the past and I think he would have mustered up enough points from this rabble to do so, before throwing in the towel at the end of the season and waltzing back to Austria for a well deserved rest.

Nathan Jones was the wrong choice and the situation was too much for him, however he did have passion, won 3 games in a monumental week and I got the impression it meant something to him, but the fans turned on him because he didn't conform to the image of a modern sharp dressed, sophisticated Prem manager in 2023. I'm not sure he would have kept these jokers up, but I don't think we would have lost to Grimsby or be any worse off than we are now.

Ruben Selles was the worse decision of the lot, maybe the board were wowed by his European accent or his fashionable jackets, but to entrust our club's survival in to the hands of someone so inexperienced after just one hard fought victory against a particularly poor Chelsea team was criminally insane.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Worst manager this season on 18:06 - Apr 16 with 1750 viewsIfonly

Selles probably talks even more bollox than Jones too. In his post match presser he was asked if we would have been better with a natural goal scorer. He replied:

"No, I don't think it will make any difference because the way that we are arriving in the chances doesn't indicate that we need another striker".

What the feck does that even mean? Does anyone here know? But whatever it means, how the hell can he say that it wouldn't have made any difference to have a natural goal scorer? Maybe he's saying that his style means we don't create any chances anyway so it would make no difference to have a goal scorer.
Worst manager this season on 19:04 - Apr 16 with 1675 views1885_SFC

Worst manager this season on 18:06 - Apr 16 by Ifonly

Selles probably talks even more bollox than Jones too. In his post match presser he was asked if we would have been better with a natural goal scorer. He replied:

"No, I don't think it will make any difference because the way that we are arriving in the chances doesn't indicate that we need another striker".

What the feck does that even mean? Does anyone here know? But whatever it means, how the hell can he say that it wouldn't have made any difference to have a natural goal scorer? Maybe he's saying that his style means we don't create any chances anyway so it would make no difference to have a goal scorer.

It means:

"We are a team that has an identity & can recognise it, even at West Ham. We miss final points such as penetration, but now we are robust in what we do but need to perform better. The first part of the plan has been working."

Old School is Cool

Worst manager this season on 19:26 - Apr 16 with 1654 viewskingolaf

Selles is our worst manager.

He is a complete fraud, same as Rasmus.
Worst manager this season on 19:42 - Apr 16 with 1642 viewsGRIM

I've been involved in football for 60 yrs as a Player a Manager & have never been so disillusioned with the game as I am now.
Most of it is down to Saints failure to score to defend & entertain, but generally football now has become so frustrating with the cheating, the diving, the theatrics & the ridiculous VAR. ( come on, the tip of the finger being offside).
At least I'm old enough to remember when professional football was played by men that could take a knock & give one back, referees were there to control the game not steal the show & no one was earning outrageous sums of money.
Worst manager this season on 20:58 - Apr 16 with 1587 viewsgrumpy

Worst manager this season on 19:42 - Apr 16 by GRIM

I've been involved in football for 60 yrs as a Player a Manager & have never been so disillusioned with the game as I am now.
Most of it is down to Saints failure to score to defend & entertain, but generally football now has become so frustrating with the cheating, the diving, the theatrics & the ridiculous VAR. ( come on, the tip of the finger being offside).
At least I'm old enough to remember when professional football was played by men that could take a knock & give one back, referees were there to control the game not steal the show & no one was earning outrageous sums of money.

I have to say I agree with every word of that.
Have we really improved the game? Apart from the state of the pitches NO.
I would like to return to the days when I could pronounce a lot of the players names with ease.
Argue about a decision the ref has made.
Stand if I want and not pay so much to watch.
Not have to avoid people waving their mobiles about.
As for players falling down so easily ........
Saints fans are completely drained of any enthusiasm and who can blame them.
This seasons end cannot come quick enough.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 20:59]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024